Emilia: Finding My Forever

De _dat_one_girl_

𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 π„π§πžπ¦π’πžπ¬ 𝐭𝐨 π‹π¨π―πžπ«π¬ Emilia, a mixture of Enzo and Elianna. She isn't afraid of anyone a... Mais

Important Disclaimers
Character Aesthetics
Prologue
1|The Groom's Pick
2|A Lifetime of Misery
3|The Wedding
4|I Hate Santo Valentino
5|My New Home
6|Kill or Be Killed
7|James
8|No Good
9|My New Thesis
10|Work of Art
11|His Parents
12|Two People Who Got Stuck Together
13|Fiji
14| Foreign Regions
15|Mountain Climbing
17|Sexual Healing
18|Beach Day
19|The Small Details
20|We Were Drunk
21|Bittersweet Moments
22|Comfort Meal
23|Traitor
24|Human Behaviour
25|Sweet Dreams
26|Liking My Husband
27|Playing Games
28|Emilia's Day
29|I Love To Shop
30|Reckless
31|Innocent Eyes
32|Wishing For My Forever
33|Red Roses
34|Effort
35|To Forevers
36|A Tensed Match
37|Loyalty and Trust
38|A Great Leader
39|Show Me Everything
40|A Surprise Visit
41|Just My Opinion
42|Becoming My Worst Nightmare
43|A Rough Night
44|Breathe
45|A Failure
46|Reading It
47|Fill the Void
48|Ball- Part 1
49| Ball- Part 2
Epilogue
His Secret-Book 1
Her Secret-Book 2
A Poem

16|Economics

69.5K 1.6K 720
De _dat_one_girl_

Emilia's POV

The walk back down was silent and by the time we reached the car, the sun had set.

I drank the remainder of my water as he started driving.

"What was that all about?"

"That guy was taking advantage of you," he argued. "You trust people so easily, it's concerning."

"Why are you acting like you care?" I asked feeling confused.

"I don't," he claimed again which made me feel even more confused.

We drove in a tense silence for a few more minutes before he pulled off at a Mexican food truck at the side of the road.

We came out of the car and looked at the menu plastered on the side of the truck.

"Emilia," he asked. "Do you know what you want?"

I shook my head and he sighed.

"Two chicken quesadillas," he ordered as he gave the cashier the money.

She handed him a buzzer. "I'll let you know when the order's ready, okay?"

He nodded and we went back into the car to sit.

Things were actually going well with us today, now we were awkward again.

"For once in my life, I wanted to be selfish," he randomly said.

I turned to him. "Santo, where is this coming from?"

"Nothing is really mine in this world," he said as he looked at me. "Except for you."

I began to feel offended.

"Santo, just because I agreed to marry you doesn't mean you own me. I am not something to own-"

I instantly paused when he placed his hand on top of mine.

"Would you shut up for a second?" he asked in a rather polite tone. "I wasn't done."

He removed his hand from on top of mine and my hands began to feel cold. His hands only stayed on top of mine for a short time, yet they made such an impact.

"When I saw that man flirting with you, I felt like he was taking what was mine, Emilia," he spoke. "Before you get the wrong idea, this isn't some kind of love confession. I am a very territorial man and I want to make myself clear that you are mine."

I watched him speechless before the loud buzzer went off.

He looked at the red flashing lights. "Well, that was quick," he said as he got out of the car to collect our food.

My mind short-circuited for a while. I didn't know what to think or say.

He returned to the car and took out his quesadilla before handing me the bag.

"Mmm," he said as he took a bite. "This is really good."

I watched as he devoured that quesadilla.

How could he say something like that to me and then continue as normal?

He paused before turning to me. "Aren't you going to eat? For the past couple of days, you've been acting like you've never seen food before in your life."

No one has ever claimed me like that.

I didn't like it.

"Emilia?" he asked as he started to look a bit concerned.

I decided to snap out of whatever trance he put me in and took out my quesadilla. I took a small bite and smiled. "You're right, it is good!"

"I can't tell when last I had one of these," he said as he continued eating.

"I'm guessing you're not much of a cooker either," I smiled and he laughed.

"Don't try to put me in the same boat as you," he said as his joy faded. "I can cook, I just don't have the time."

"Doing what?" I asked. "Busy killing people?"

He turned to me. "Is that all you think I am? Some guy mindlessly killing others?"

"Maybe?" I said hesitantly as I took another bite.

"You wouldn't last one day doing my job," he warned as he wiped his mouth with his napkin.

"You'll be surprised," I claimed.

"Although I despise you, Emilia, I would never give the burden of my job to anyone," he said as he leaned back into his seat. "This job makes you see and do things that'll make you rethink about staying alive."

The atmosphere between us changed from a light conversation to a heavy one.

"Ready to go?" he asked as he started the car and rolled up the windows. "I can hear that living room couch calling my name."

I gave him a sad smile before nodding.

...

He swiped the room card on the sensor before opening the door for me.

"Maybe you can give me that key card," I said and he looked at me.

"Nice try," he said as he held the door.

I immediately kicked off my shoes before walking to the bedroom and falling back on the bed.

I've never appreciated a bed so much in my life. It was so soft.

My back thanked me for rewarding it after our long day.

There was a knock on the door so I immediately sat up.

"Santo?" I asked as he watched me.

"May I?" he asked and I swallowed hard.

What did he want? Did he want to share the same bed again or did he want me?

"May you-may you what?"

"There's only one bathroom Emilia," he said as he pointed to the bathroom. "I want to take a shower."

I started to laugh nervously and he watched me with a raised eyebrow. "Oh yeah, go ahead. Who's stopping you?"

He nodded his head before going into the bathroom.

When I heard the shower start to run, I screamed at my pillow.

Why did I have to laugh like that? He probably thinks I'm weird now.

I sighed as I opened my laptop. I had blown off school all day.

My eyes widened when I saw a zero for my economics class. "The one day I decided to skip class that bastard gave a pop quiz?"

If I keep failing my courses I'll have to give up on this degree.

I decided to scan through the homework materials my professor posted.

The bathroom door opened and I took a slight glance. My stomach immediately began to flutter when I saw the white towel wrapped around his waist with his muscular chest exposed.

Is this what you call butterflies?

He walked up to me and tilted his head. "What's this?"

"This?" I asked as I looked at my homework. "It's um, it's uh, this stupid economics course they made me do."

"I haven't seen monetary policy slides in a while," he said. "It's giving me flashbacks."

I smiled. "I forgot you're an old man who already finished college."

He rolled his eyes at me. "I am not an old man."

He leaned a little closer to my computer as he tried to get a good view of my screen. "I haven't seen this one before."

My eyes ventured to the towel which was lazily wrapped around his waist. One slight movement and everything would be revealed, yet he didn't seem to care.

I immediately jumped off the bed. "I need to take a shower now!"

"Okay?" He looked confused as he stood up straight. "Go ahead then."

I pointed to the door and he smiled.

"You're a strange one. Sweet dreams, princess," he said before patting my head and walking out the door.

I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding in before hitting my chest. "Get your act together, Emilia."

Continue lendo

VocΓͺ tambΓ©m vai gostar

1M 16.9K 65
[Semi Edited ] Previously Know As 'Adoration' Book One In The Russo Series "So fucking tight" he praised backing up looking at my body as he thumbs m...
237K 4.1K 31
βœ“ COMPLETED βœ“ Started: 2nd NOV 2020 Finished: 23th AUG 2021 EDITING! I could feel his gaze on me as my hands slowly reached to the blood coming out...
505K 13.5K 63
A man claimed by the devil. A woman claimed by no one. Until him. Santo Romano is a monster. His family relies on him to torture and kill. It's his...
632K 13.8K 107
"I chose you, and I'm never changing my mind, because your eyes... they hold everything my soul thirsts for. Every thing I want and need, is you, and...