Eight ; Lee Jeno

By authorzlc

One mafia group and a mysterious girl. More

00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
18
19
Author's Note
20
Author's Note
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49

17

232 10 0
By authorzlc

Her Point of View

On the way home, I couldn't stop thinking about Jaehyun and his parents.

We experienced the exact same thing after we got separated 6 years ago.

What the fuck is happening? I'm so confused.

I thought to myself.

"We're leaving tonight, Eightee." Jae-jae had sadness in his face. An expression I rarely see in him.

"What? I thought you'll be leaving for Europe next year? It's too early to leave!" I protested throwing a tantrum.

"I don't know, Eight." Jae lamented silently. He then grabbed my hands. "I don't think it's Europe where we're going. Daddy said that we're going somewhere far. Very far. Away from you." He added with hesitation.

"Me? What did I do? Did I do something wrong, Jae-jae?" I asked, tears forming in my eyes.

"Nooo! It's not that. They just said that it's not safe here. In this place." Jae consoled me by hugging me.

"You're my only friend, Jae-jae... please don't leave me." I cried in his arms.

"I'm always here with you, Eightee." He pressed his pointy finger against my heart.

"But I want you here. Beside me." I sniffled.

"I'll be back, Eightee. I don't know when, but I will find you." Jaehyun's tears finally fell. We both hugged each other while continuously sobbing until his parents came and he was dragged by their large bodyguards.

I did not see him anymore after that.

"A penny for your thoughts?" I was brought back to reality when I hear Mark's voice. The sudden shaking of the car due to the bumpy road awakened my senses.

"Maybe she's thinking of who to insult next." Haechan joked.

"Shut up, will you?" Mark commanded. Haechan was left with no choice but to be quiet.

I gave Mark a small smile. I crossed my arms and closed my eyes, signaling that I'm in no mood to talk to anyone.

"Haera," Father called. I looked up and saw my father with worried eyes. It was an unusual sight. "We're leaving tonight with your mother. We're no longer safe here."

"Leaving? Like Jae-jae, Father?" I asked.

Father frowned. "Jae-jae's family is leaving, sweetie?"

"Yes, father. He told me earlier. I think they're leaving now." I answered innocently.

"You! Find them!" Suddenly, father bellowed. He walked away from me and ordered some of his men to find the Jeong Family.

"Why are you angry, Father? Did they do something wrong?" I was confused.

Father was not able to answer anymore as a big explosion shook the whole mansion.

"They're here!" One of father's men shouted. Father's men rushed to us and protected us with bulletproof shields.

I cried due to the chaos and hugged my father. He pulled me closer and whispered by my ear. "Don't trust anyone, Haera. Use your nickname Eight wherever you go. You are Eight because just like the number eight, your abilities are infinite. You are greater than most men out there. You are power. You are Eight."

I nodded with tears streaming in my eyes.

Explosions followed and the chaos in the mansion just grew louder and bigger.

Next thing I knew, I was forced to point a gun at my father's heart.

"Finally, we're home!" Jisung interjected behind me causing me to quickly open my eyes.

"Eigh-" I heard Mark call me but I did not bother to look anymore. I was tired already. Too much. It felt like everything was too much.

I stepped down from the van and rushed to my room.

Third Person's Point of View

"What's wrong with her?" Jisung asked, his eyebrows meeting. The rest of the members were confused too.

Mark moved his gaze to the members and saw Jeno with an unusual expression rather than his usual poker face.

Was that guilt I just saw?

Mark thought.

"Head to your rooms. We have work tomorrow at Skale." Jeno announced. The members reacted differently. Some where whining, some were starting to get used to it.

"I'll check on Eight." Mark stated as he walked towards the door.

"No." Mark halted. "Let me." Jeno said.

"It's okay, Jeno. I'll do it. You deserve to rest." Mark gently smiled, patting Jeno by his shoulder.

"I will check on Eight and you will proceed to your room. It's a command." Jeno firmly replied.

Mark, though confused, nodded his head in defeat and went straight to his room. Jeno, on the other hand, felt guilty for pouring his anger on Eight a while ago.

Jeno quietly made his way to Eight's room and gently knocked on the door. "Eight." He called.

Eight was in the process of removing her jewelries when she heard Jeno's call. She did not want to open the door at all but she knew she had to. She's under Jeno after all.

Eight wore a blank expression and opened the door. "What do you need?" She asked while holding the doorknob.

"Let's talk." Jeno said, placing his hand on the door, ready to push the door in case Eight shuts it.

"Tomorrow." Eight replied gently. When she was about to close the door, Jeno gently pushed on the door and spoke.

"No. We'll talk now." Jeno hissed.

"Fine." Eight was left with no choice but to open the door for him. Jeno entered the room silently and stood before Eight. "Now, what?"

"Take off that cardigan." He commanded.

"What?" Eight questioned, but it really was an opposition.

"You heard me." Jeno replied.

"No way. Get out." Eight annoyingly said.

"I said take it off." Jeno's stern voice infiltrated Eight's ears.

Eight rolled her eyes and took her cardigan off, revealing hand marks Jeno left on her.

"Fuck," Jeno cursed underneath his breath. "I'm sorry, Eight. I did not mean to hur—"

"Well, you already did. Now, get out." Eight cut him off.

Jeno's eyebrows met with worry. It was such a new sight for Eight. She wanted to laugh. "Let me get ice for you." Jeno was about to walk away when his arm was grabbed by hands smaller than his.

"I'm sorry." Eight suddenly blurted out. She felt a sense of guilt too.

"What for?" Now, Jeno is the one confused.

"For putting shame on Sueño's name. This is all new to me so, I'm sorry if I damaged the reputation of our unit. I know you gave up your childhood for this. I'm sorry." Eight sincerely apologized.

Jeno processed what he was hearing first then nodded. "And I'm sorry for hurting you too. I shouldn't have done that. I forgot you were a girl for a second, that's how I usually discipline the members." He explained.

"I'm not an exception, Jeno. This isn't the first time I had a bruise." Eight gave him a small smile. A smile of understanding. Jeno did the same.

When Eight turned her back on him, Jeno pulled her back to him so she could face him again. "Wha-" Before Eight could even speak, Jeno's lips crashed into hers.

Eight's eyes widened with shock but kissed him back nonetheless. The two made out of a while, exchanging power towards one another before they pulled away panting.

Eight stood and was about to enter the shower when Jeno pulled her again. She groaned and gave him a glare. "What now?"

"I told you to prepare yourself once we get home, right? We're not yet done." Jeno's lips formed a smirk. Eight sighed in defeat and thought to herself.

I'm so dead.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

197K 6.4K 45
❝ 𝘾𝙝𝙚𝙣𝙡𝙚... 𝙄 𝙝𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪. ❞ SOULMATE & MAFIA AU! book 1 in the RIDIN' series.
2.4M 106K 37
- She never knew giving a boy a band aid would lead to this - Gang! Au #1 in Mark #2 in kpop Thank you guys!!
20.9K 553 36
☁︎ ɪ'ᴍ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴏᴠᴇʀᴛʜɪɴᴋɪɴɢ ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪ'ᴍ ᴄʟᴏsᴇ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴍᴘʟᴇᴛᴇᴅ
1.8M 104K 77
↻ Mafia/Gang au ↻"God you're the best thing that has happened to me I swear."