𝐀𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐜𝐚�...

Oleh marlaxtmr

Not knowing who she is, nor why she was send there, Ruby finds herself trapped in a maze full of boys. Thomas... Lebih Banyak

-Cast-
Chapter 1-arriving
Chapter 2-the dream
Chapter 3-falling
Chapter 4-drawing lessons
Chapter 5-night
Chapter 6-realization
Chapter 8-catch me
Chapter 9-the letter
Chapter 10-goodbye
Chapter 11-reunion
Chapter 12-on our own
Chapter 13-Brenda and Jorge
Chapter 14-cranks
Chapter 15-sleeping arrangements
Chapter 16-the club
Chapter 17-drugged
Chapter 18- "I got shot."
Chapter 19-the hospital
Chapter 20-Mary
Chapter 21-the flare
Chapter 22- stay away
Chapter 23- the right arm
Chapter 24- I remember us
Chapter 25- the cure
Chapter 26- going for a swim
Chapter 27- Sonya and Newt
Chapter 28 -planning
Chapter 29-packing for the journey
Chapter 30-Paradise
Epilogue+a/n

Chapter 7-confessions

81 5 68
Oleh marlaxtmr

After Minho was dragged to the medjacks and Newt convinced Thomas to get checked up too, I tried to find out why Minho was even hurt in the first place.

Of course Minho couldn't tell me why so I went after Thomas and Newt.

"Tommy what the hell happened out there?" Newt asks him while they are sitting in the medhut. I'm standing close to them so that I can eavesdrop. Minho is laying on a bed in another room. Jeff and Clint are with him.

So who's gonna check up Thomas? Ohhh. That's probably my task. I quickly get my stuff and sit down in front of Thomas and next to Newt. Newt seems to concentrated on what Thomas is going to say that he doesn't really notice me.

Thomas stops talking and looks at me. But he doesn't look happy. He watches me almost angry. No not almost, he is angry. His jaw is clenched. But why?

"Thomas! Tell me what happened." Newt tells Thomas, raising his voice a bit to get the boy to talk to him. Thomas turns to Newt again and starts talking. There is anger in his voice.

"Minho and I were in section seven. A griever was there too. It followed us and then it catched Minho. But it didn't sting him, it just runned him over. He lost consciousness and I had to drag him back." Thomas quickly tells him the recent events.

Newt seems deep in thoughts. He then gets up and walks out of the hut "I'm gonna tell Alby about this. Ruby check him up. Later we will have a gathering about... well everything." And he's gone.

I'm alone with Thomas. We both don't talk and he continues looking at me angrily while I patch him up. I don't enjoy his mood and I would like to know why he's mad at me but I don't want to ask.

When I'm finished he leaves the hut without saying anything. It hurts to see him like this. He won't even talk to me.

I think about what Newt said. That Thomas likes me. Then why is he acting like this? In a quick motion I stand up and follow him. He walks in the direction of the map room in the deadheads. Right, he still has to map what he saw today. Maybe that's why he was in a rush.

"Thomas?" I say and he turns around. I take a few steps forward. There are only two meters between us now. "Is everything okay?" I ask him slowly. He looks upset.

He scoffs "No Ruby, nothing's okay."

"Did I do something?" I'm slowly getting mad at him too. Why can't he just tell me what's going on?

He doesn't respond and I raise my voice "Thomas what's going on?! Why are you acting like this?"

He doesn't reply to my question. Instead he raises his voice too "Don't ever do that again!"

What? "Do what exactly?" I say.

"Putting yourself in danger like this!" His teeth are clenched together.

"Is this about the maze?" I answer him irritated.

He doesn't answer. He's angry at me because I ran into the maze. But I don't belong to him or something. I can make my own decisions. He doesn't even care about me.

"Why are you acting like you care?! You don't even like me! Why are you mad at me because I ran into the maze? Why does it bother you!" My voice is very loud now and I look at him angrily. We never fought before. And I never was this angry before.

His breathing goes faster and he takes one step forward, I take one step back.

"No Ruby, you don't get it! I care about you so damn much it's driving me insane. Theres not a second I don't spend thinking about you. When you are talking to me I can't concentrate cause I feel the need to kiss you and never let go again. If you are happy Im happy. I can't stand seeing you sad and when you hurt yourself I feel physical pain in my stomach. It's like I knew you before the maze and I can't explain it but as long as im with you I don't care where I am. So forgive me if I want to protect you,-"

He takes a deep breath "-but I won't leave you alone. And never say I don't like you ever again cause I like you more than I like myself."

I eyes are wide open. "I- Thomas-" I begin but he interrupts me.

"The moment you came into my life, I  started to live. It's like something was missing before. And now it's here. You are here. And I will do everything to keep it that way." He takes a step closer to me and this time I don't move.

"You've only known me for two weeks-" my voice is weak now. I have to know if he really means it.

He softly cups my face and talks slowly "I know, but it feels like I've known you forever. I love you." He glances at my lips. I hold my breath.

"It just doesn't feel like anyone loves me. And it hurts." I respond.

"I love you, okay. I do."

Before I can say anything else his lips are on mine. I'm surprised at first but then I kiss him back. I forget everything around me. The only thing I can think about are his lips moving against mine.

Butterflies explode in my stomach. His lips are soft and he kisses me passionately. My hands wander from his arms to his hair and I melt into the kiss.

After a few seconds I have to stop to breathe but Thomas pulls me right back to his lips before he kisses me harder.

His one hand moves down my back to my waist and he pulls me against him stronger. My hands are buried in his hair while we press against eachother.

When we part, we are both breathing heavily and he has a small smirk on his lips which makes my knees go weak. I whisper "I love you too." I'm so out of breath that Thomas has to grin. He then smiles at me softly and kisses me on the forehead.

Newt was right. Thomas does like me. No, he loves me. We don't know eachother that long, but it feels like we do. Maybe we really knew eachother before the maze.

I feel my mind protesting against what just happened. But I have to concentrate on what he told me. He loves me. He wouldn't say that if it wasn't the truth.

"I hate to say this but I'm real tired, darling." Darling. Oh my god. He called me that before but now it's different because we kissed.

"Ruby?"

"Uh yes sorry. I'm tired too."

He chuckles. Still the most beautiful laugh in the whole world. I should tell him that.

"I like your laugh."

He smiles and takes my hand while walking back to the glade "You do?"

I just nodd but with a small smile on my face.

                                               -

The next morning, Thomas is still sleeping when I wake up. That doesn't surprise me. He had to drag Minho through the whole maze yesterday.

I decide to go check up on Minho, which I should probably do anyway, because I'm a medjack.

On my way to the hut, I think about yesterday. I kissed Thomas. He kissed me. We kissed. It doesn't feel real, but than again it's the realest thing in my whole life.

But how are we supposed to tell the others? I know Newt will be happy about it. But Minho... He won't stop making jokes. Thank god I don't have to run the maze with him like Thomas has to every second day.

Fry and the others probably don't really care. It's not a big deal anyway. Well for me it is.

But what are we? I'm gonna ask him about that later.

Today is a good day I think. No bad feelings so far. I hope it stays like this.

The medhut is empty and I go into the room where Minho is laying. He's asleep. Or unconscious. I haven't had the chance to ask Jeff about that yesterday.

I think I have to change the bandages on his arms. I open the shelf and want to take the box with bandages out of it, when someone steps behind me and takes it first.

"Thomas!" I turn around to meet a grinning Thomas holding the bandages.

"Good morning to you too." he smiles at me amused.

"Give it back." I say, trying to prevent myself from grinning.

"Come and get it." He says before hiding the box behind his back.

I ignore the butterflies in my stomach and take a few steps forward. He quickly takes a step to the right.

When I try to take his arm, he pulls me closer with his other arm and his lips end up on mine.

I immediately kiss him back and hold onto his arm. He smiles against my lips. I love this boy.

But it surprises me how casually he kisses me. As if we do that everyday. As if I am his girlfriend. I would like to be his girlfriend.

I take a step back after a few moments and go back to Minho.

"Darling, I think you forgot something." I turn back to Thomas, who is holding the box with bandages in front of him. He's grinning at me as I take it and give him a playful angry look.

I finish changing Minhos bandages and put them back into the shelf. Thomas has his arms folded in front of his chest and stands leaning against the doorframe.

He looks at Minho worried. I know they are very good friends. It must be hard to see him like this.

"Have you had breakfast already?" he then asks me suspiciously.

I don't feel like lying to him so I shake my head.

"Well then, may I take you to breakfast?" he playfully holds out his hand for me to take and I follow him. "You may."

-

Thomas and I join Newt at our group table. There are already trays with food for us.

"How's Minho?" Newt asks me as soon as I sit down.

I can't really concentrate on talking with Newt because Thomas is sitting next to me and is watching me.

"I checked up on him a few minutes ago but he's still asleep. But I think he's going to be okay, Newt." I lay my hand onto his on the table. Then look at Thomas and quickly take it back.

I'm not sure if he has a problem with stuff like this. I watch him, but he doesn't seem to mind. When he catches me looking at him, he gives me a soft smile.

He then motions at my food with his head. I understand the message and begin eating. I still don't enjoy it very much, but today I feel okay.

"Hopefully." Newt answers me, deep in his own thoughts. Today's probably not the best day to tell him about Thomas.

He then turns to me "By the way, congrats for being her for two weeks. Another two weeks and you're not the greenie anymore."

Excitement overcomes me "Maybe there'll be another girl!" A girl would be great. I could talk to her about so much.

In the corner of my eyes, I see Thomas smiling at my excitement.

Newt chuckles "I don't think so Rue, we've been here for years with only boys. But maybe something changed since you came up, I don't know."

I ate half my food, when Jeff comes over to our table and sits down.

"Hey Jeff." We all say.

"Hey Guys." he looks at me "Ruby did you already check up Minho or should I go?"

"I already did that, I changed his bandages."

"Perfect." he starts eating too.

Since I'm not hungry anymore, I take my tray to Fry, tell the others I'm gonna go and make my way to the medhut.

Minho is still laying in his bed and peacefully sleeping. I sit down in a chair next to the bed and watch him.

I really want him to be okay. He's also one of my best friends here. And he's good at cheering me up, when I don't feel good.

I wonder if he always was like that. Sarcastic and not showing his emotions. When he came up the box he must've been 13 or 14. Just like the others.

"Staring is rude, princess." he says. I jump at the sudden voice. He opens his eyes and looks at me amused.

"Minho!" I quickly give him a hug that he returns. I never hugged Minho, but now seems to be the right moment.

I let go of him again "I should get Thomas and Newt! They were worried as hell."

He smiles "Loverboy was worried about me hm?"

My face heats up at his nickname for Thomas. Minho doesn't know how right he is with this.

"He was." I shortly respond and get up to get our friends.

-

"So Ruby told me you were worried about me Thomas." Minho grins at the brunette, standing in front of him. Thomas and Newt both roll his eyes.

"I think Minho is fine." Newt says and I chuckle.

"Could anyone please get me something to eat, I'm starving." Minho then says, not so politely.

Newt leaves to get him some leftovers from the breakfast.

"So what happened?" Minho looks at Thomas curiously.

I forgot that he can't remember anything since the moment he passed out. Thomas starts explaining.

"When you lost consciousness, I had to drag you back to the glade. We almost didn't made it but Ruby and Newt ran into the maze a minute before the doors closed and helped me get you inside the glade." Thomas finishes. He then looks at me "I never thanked you, sorry. Without you I'd be dead."

I nodd at him in a reassuring way. I mean, we were distracted.

"Really? Thank you princess. I appreciate it." That's probably the first time I have seen Minho not joking around.

"And thank you, Thomas." He adds with a nodd to the brunette.

                                              -

Thomas and I leave Newt and Minho in the medhut and walk around the glade, without a real destination.

Thomas eventually takes one arm around my shoulder and pulls me closer to him. He kisses my forehead and I smile at him.

"I'm glad you're not dead." I say.

"Why thank you, I'm glad you're alive too." he grins at me.

His smile fades "But I'm not sure if you're okay. We haven't talked about your wrist yet."

I stiff and he notices that "Hey I'm sorry if it's hard for you to talk about that, but we have to. You have to tell me what's going on so that I can help you."

He stops walking and turns around so he standing right in front of me. He tucks strand of hair behind my ear.

"Just know that I'm there for you. So are the others."

Instead of answering him, I hug him. He holds me close by my waist and my hands are around his neck. 

"Thank you." I whisper.

A/n

They finally confessed ahhhhh

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

338K 9K 26
❝ Property of WICKED Group A, Subject A3 The Musician ❞ COMPLETED. ❨ Book 1/3 ❩ She adapts, fights, and survives. She falls for a special someo...
562K 11K 40
A metal box brought them there, a place surrounded with endless, shifting corridors with no sign of getting out. It's always been boys but one day a...
62.9K 1.5K 40
The first girl in the maze was the first person ever. A year later, 30 boys arrive and one boy for every month after that. Vera has learned to live...
26.3K 667 25
She wasn't the type of girl to freak out after waking up somewhere new. She had this calmness about her until she assesses the situation. But when s...