The Eminence In Shadow: Midga...

By awen02

The long awaited sequel to to fanfiction: John Smith: Mission Impossible. After the events of the previous n... More

Chapter 1: A Profitable outing.
Chapter 2: How to play the secret agent.
Chapter 3: Epic events call for drastic measures.
Chapter 4: He who lurks in the shadows
Chapter 6: The Red Stone.

Chapter 5: Just go ask Gamma.

307 15 5
By awen02

POV: Unknown

Location: Unknown

"So what you are saying is that they failed to acquire the holders of royal blood?"

"Yes Sir, we believe that Shadow Garden appeared at the scene and wiped out all our operatives."

Shadow garden...

"And how is the progress with the completed prototype?"

"I believe that it is nearly finalised, however without the holder of blood, we will be experiencing some minor delays. Although..."

"Although?"

"We encountered some unforeseen setbacks when attempting to recover the artifact from the Lawless City."

"What did you say?"

Does he have any idea how much trouble this will cause?

"U-uh well, it was when we tried to use on of our onsite connections when apparently we discovered that the item in question had been stolen."

Someone else has control of the item...

"Very well... continue with the progress, I expect some results soon."

"Yes Sir."

It will only be a moment longer I have to wait.

Before it finally shall begin.

----

----

POV: Cid

Location: Midgar Kingdom

Well It's tomorrow.

The one thing I noticed is that pretty much the whole city is in a buzz about the events that transpired yesterday. I mean I wouldn't blame them, if some terrorist dudes got the drop on my country's royal family I'd be pretty worried too. 

And of course, a lot of rumours have spread about mysterious eminence who swooped in to save the day when the situation became dire. Which is just the effect I want.

One other thing also happened yesterday, apparently my numskull friends did actually try to break into the party, but were found by a certain, very angry sister of mine. Serves them right ngl for when they snitched on me the other day. 

Hmm.

Speaking about yesterday, what was the actual point with those terrorists?

I did just swoop in and save the day because the situation called for it, but I completely missed any of the important plot that was happening. 

What were they trying to accomplish by taking over the place?

Oh well, I'll just add that too the list of things to ask Gamma later.

Ahem.

The question lies, how to track down a covert organisation in which you only know the rough location to?

One possible solution I thought of is just to spot search the whole of Midgar at lightning speeds, but that would take too much effort and would kinda ruin the fun of the investigation.

So instead, like any problem you may face, just ask someone smarter than you for the answer.

Gamma would probably be the most likely to know since she runs the Mitsugoshi operation around here. 

And since I haven't seen her in a while, I'll just drop by and take the opportunity to see what she knows. It's the perfect plan.

Of course, to get to this point I had to do a lot of avoiding my sister and any other social obligations to not get into any unskippable side quests, but in the end it will be worth it. 

Now all that's left is just to get into Mistugoshi HQ.

Hmm. They probably won't mind if I just break into the place, right? Then again I'll have to choose my actions wisely to remain undetected. 

Hmm.

Right now I am on the roof of a tall tower which is opposed to the Mitsugoshi building. If I recall correctly, the premises should have a revolutionary security alarm system for this era. (because I'm the one who told them about it). 

The design is pretty much a copy and paste from a popular security company back in my past life although I never expected It would be used against me like this. Curse you, productive past me.

However, in my time preparing to be an Eminence in Shadow back in Japan, I did some research in the ins and outs of modern alarm systems. That is how I know so much in the first place, but it also was mainly focused on how to get past those alarms in the event I needed to break into a building. Now thank you, productive past me.  

Now let me see here... if I land in just that spot... then I should be given enough time to bypass the system... and then I can infiltrate the Mistugoshi building from there.

Alright lets do this.

I prepare my flow of magic and synchronise it with the air currents. That way nothing can detect my movement. And by simultaneously masking my magic signature I can remain undetected by any sensing to an extreme degree.

Behold,

Invisible dash.

Almost instantly, I release the magic at my feet, propelling me forwards at lightning speeds and not so much altering the flow of air beside me. 

I land on the roof of the Mitsugoshi building. No one saw me, good.

Time to initiate operation stealth mission. 

Now where is Gamma's office...?

----

----

POV: Gamma

Location: Mitsugoshi HQ

It seems as if reports are doing well. The monthly average for sales is steadily increasing as Mitsugoshi's popularity continues to boom. The new product line manufactured by Eta is also proving to be a big hit with customers recently. 

The market polarity is looking stable... bank insurance rates are looking good... this season is proving to be an immensely profitable return.

*Knock Knock*

Hmm? The sound of a knock on my office door breaks me out of my thoughts. How odd, I wasn't expecting someone today?

"You may come in."  

The door remains unmoving. 

What?

I should probably go take a look encase something has happened.

I arise from my seat and head towards the direction of the entrance.

!??!?!

"This wind?!"

A large gust blows into the room, I turn around in panic as I see a figure sitting by the window.

"Good evening Gamma.."

"L-lord Shadow!" Oh no.... I wasn't expecting him to come, the state of my office is a mess what should I do-

"Ahh!"

In my panic, I forgot about the stack of books I had left on the ground. I tripped and was send tumbling to the floor. This is so pathetic of me to act in front of my Lord!? How could you do this Gamma?!

----

----

POV: Cid

Oh and there she goes again. Typical of Gamma... she always finds a way to fall on her face in every moment.

I guess I should probably help her out. I reach out my hand to interrupt the course of her fall.

I catch her before she hits the ground with my right arm.

"Are you alright." 

"Hello...?"

"Uhh Gamma? You functioning?"

I think I broke her.

She just remained motionless as if processing the situation for a while.

"L-l-lord Shadow....HYGHA. Oh please forgive me, my Lord!"  She snapped back into life and rushed backward so fast I think she left an afterimage.

"You are too kind my Lord, please accept my humble most apologies for making you act upon my own carelessness."   

"You should probably start wearing footwear more suited to stability."

I noticed she always wears heels, which do not work for someone with zero ability to maintain balance like her.

"More suited to stability?"

"Yea like some trainers or something." 

"My Lord. If I may ask, what are these trainers you speak of."

Oh yea that's right, they don't know any of this stuff.

"Shadow wisdom, shoes made by the sap of rubber trees, focusing on comfort and ease of use." She started immediately noting down what I said.

"Ohh this sounds intriguing my Lord! We will have to get Zeta to search for the materials necessary... we could brand it as more suitable for casual clothing..."

Huh?

How does her brain even operate that fast?  

"...and we will need a name for this new brand. Do you have any ideas my Lord?"

What.. oh.

I guess then I'll go with...

"Air Jordans."

"Oh! A brilliant name my Lord! It really sounds unique and a premium product!"

"Yea sure. Just remember to be careful of fake Jordans though." I can already imagine two very specific people who would commit such an atrocity.

"I will have Eta on the idea right away!" She said excitedly.

"Great, you do that."

What have I actually done... 

"Although my Lord." 

Hmm?

"May I ask, what is the reason that you graced your presence at our establishment today? Did you need to ask me of something?"

Oh yea that's right I should probably get back on topic.

"Intelligent as always Gamma, the real reason I came here was to ask some information of you. What do you know about the motives of the organisation that appeared at the meeting party yesterday?"

"Oh, I had heard how you so valiantly dealt with the matter yourself. Epsilon reported that she had captured one of the members yesterday and interrogated him for information. What we basically know is that they are part of a small branch located here in Midgar."

Wait.

"They are a secretive organisation and had an operative base hidden in town which Shadow garden delt with last night."

So all along this terrorist group...

WAS THE ELITE SECRETIVE ORGANISATION THAT I HAD BEEN SEARCHING FOR THIS WHOLE TIME?

"My Lord are you ok? You look to be thinking about a difficult matter."

"...Yea I'm fine. What else do you know."

"Well we believe they have ties to the Servian Lands, and we also think that they may be part of the Cult of-"

Servian Lands, got it.

"Alright, I already know the actions I should take."

"What! Forgive my imprudence but my Lord, do you plan on dealing with this personally?"

"Indeed I shall."

"Oh.. You are the most reliable method after all... well then, we shall support you anyway you ask of us!"

"Yea that's great Gamma, but sorry I gotta go now, there is some important stuff that only I can accomplish."

I gotta think, and hard. 

What should my next move be?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahem this is the author here.

How was your Christmas?

Mine was pretty good ngl.

But anyway here is chapter 5

Props to that one guy who requested Gamma ig.

Chapter 6 will come out sometime next year

Ahem Cya.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.4K 281 10
A former teacher dies and gets reincarnated into another fantasy world as Johan Achlys, Heir to the House of Achlys of nobles in the kingdom of Midga...
8.6K 53 6
(EXCERPT) Aliya craves every good, bad, and uncertain task that comes with becoming Noah's Luna, and, hopefully, a mother. But danger sprouts from ev...
59.7K 2.2K 44
Kazuto Kirigaya had finally found the tranquillity he'd longed for. With his beloved circle of dear friends, they relished a peaceful life in the rea...
14.2K 503 14
Uhh.. let's see... Shadow is misunderstood as constantly in a depressed state. Let's see how this changes some scenes for our dear Eminence In Shadow...