Emilia: Finding My Forever

By _dat_one_girl_

𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 π„π§πžπ¦π’πžπ¬ 𝐭𝐨 π‹π¨π―πžπ«π¬ Emilia, a mixture of Enzo and Elianna. She isn't afraid of anyone a... More

Important Disclaimers
Character Aesthetics
Prologue
1|The Groom's Pick
2|A Lifetime of Misery
3|The Wedding
4|I Hate Santo Valentino
5|My New Home
6|Kill or Be Killed
7|James
8|No Good
10|Work of Art
11|His Parents
12|Two People Who Got Stuck Together
13|Fiji
14| Foreign Regions
15|Mountain Climbing
16|Economics
17|Sexual Healing
18|Beach Day
19|The Small Details
20|We Were Drunk
21|Bittersweet Moments
22|Comfort Meal
23|Traitor
24|Human Behaviour
25|Sweet Dreams
26|Liking My Husband
27|Playing Games
28|Emilia's Day
29|I Love To Shop
30|Reckless
31|Innocent Eyes
32|Wishing For My Forever
33|Red Roses
34|Effort
35|To Forevers
36|A Tensed Match
37|Loyalty and Trust
38|A Great Leader
39|Show Me Everything
40|A Surprise Visit
41|Just My Opinion
42|Becoming My Worst Nightmare
43|A Rough Night
44|Breathe
45|A Failure
46|Reading It
47|Fill the Void
48|Ball- Part 1
49| Ball- Part 2
Epilogue
His Secret-Book 1
Her Secret-Book 2
A Poem

9|My New Thesis

96.6K 2.4K 1.5K
By _dat_one_girl_

Emilia's POV

As we walked into the living room, Gia went to sit next to her husband and Jaz was already next to hers.

I briefly looked at Santo who was trying his best not to look in my direction. After getting the memo, I started walking to the empty chair before he cleared his throat.

He had moved to the right to make space for me. His eyes looked in every direction but mine.

"Aren't you going to sit, Emilia?" Jaz asked politely.

I scratched my head before sitting next to Santo. "Yeah."

Things were still awkward with us from our little argument yesterday and our brief conversation earlier did not make things any better.

"Emilia, this is my husband, Dante," Jaz said as she pointed next to the man beside her. He seemed a little shy but I think the two complemented each other well.

"Nice to meet you," he said as he nodded his head to me.

"And this is Tommaso," Gia said proudly as she pointed to her husband.

I could tell he was the most confident out of all of them since he was the first to speak to me.

He nodded his head with a smile on his face.

I slightly turned to Santo, who was engulfed in his own thoughts. The others must have noticed because they all started to look at him.

"Brother, are you there?" Dante asked and Santo looked at him.

"I should've killed that bastard sooner," he said angrily. "He jeopardized my whole plan."

Dante sighed. "I told you not to kill him. We could've used him to draw them out."

Jaz pulled out two bottles of alcohol. "Okay, enough business talk. Let's have some fun!"

Jaz and Gia both gave each other a mischievous look which confused the rest of us.

"Since Santo is finally married," Gia started. "How about we play that Never Have I Ever game we've been waiting to play for so long?"

"No," Santo immediately said with a straight face.

"Oh come on Santo," Jaz begged. "It'll be fun."

"I don't see why not," Tommaso added. "Unless he's scared his wife might reveal too much about him and his wife's relationship?"

Santo scoffed. "I am not scared of anything. You guys are just childish."

They all turned to look at me. "Emilia, what do you think? Do you want to have some fun?"

"She's a kid," he spoke for me. "She doesn't need to play this stupid game."

I clenched my fists for the hundredth time today before turning to him. "No honey, I think I want to play this game."

I could see the rage in his eyes before he turned his attention back to the others. "Fine, let's do it then."

Jaz screamed out of excitement as she opened one of the bottles.

"The rules are simple," she said as she said pouring the alcohol into our cups. "If you haven't done it, you take a drink."

"And if you have?" I asked and she smiled.

"Then you and your husband have to kiss."

I turned to Santo as my heart started beating faster. He turned to me with a smile on his face.

"Are you ready for this, wife?"

I instantly regretted agreeing to this and faced in front of me.

"Let's start off with an easy one," Jaz said. "Never have I ever been married."

They all kissed their spouse, however, neither Santo nor I, made me a move.

Santo picked up his cup and took a sip.

"Oh come on Santo," Jaz said. "If you're not going to play the game right let's stop here."

I took a deep breath before turning and giving him a peck on the lips.

He watched me with an expression I could not decipher.

I cleared my throat. "Does that answer the question?"

Jaz smiled. "I think so."

"Never have I ever had sex with my spouse?" Dante boldly asked and I looked down.

"Oh come on," Tommaso said. "You two are newlyweds. You aren't fooling any of us."

I started reaching for my drink before Santo wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him.

He lowered his head closer to my face before crashing his lips on mine. My eyes widened out of shock at first before I eventually closed my eyes and kissed him back.

As he deepened the kiss, he pulled me closer to his chest.

At first, I was nervous that I wouldn't know what to do due to my inexperience but he guided me and we flowed.

This was my first time having a kiss which was longer than 5 seconds and it felt good. It felt good to be in such close proximity to someone. It felt good to be in sync with someone. It felt good having them share their warmth with you.

He suddenly pulled back and turned around.

"I told you, you weren't fooling anyone," Tomasso said.

"I wish we were like this again," Jaz sighed and Dante immediately snapped his neck to her.

"What do you mean?" he asked. "You don't think we're like that?"

I turned Santo and he seemed to have returned to his own world.

I started to reach to touch him but before I could, he stood up. "I'm tired and done with this stupid game."

"Santo-" Jaz said but he interrupted her.

"Dante, get me those files by tomorrow," he said before walking out.

The room fell in an awkward silence before Tomasso spoke up.

"Well you heard the don, you need to get him those files by tomorrow," he said to Dante. "Maybe we should get going."

He and Gia stood up.

"Thanks for having us and not thinking I'm a total bitch," Gia said as she hugged me then left.

I picked up Jaz's bottles of alcohol and handed them to her.

She shook her head. "Keep them. You're going to need way more than two bottles to stay married to Santo Valentino. That man is as complicated as they get."

I smiled in pain as I hugged her.

"I'll see you in the car, babe," Dante said to Jaz and she nodded before leaving.

He then turned to me with a sad look on his face.

"Santo is the best friend I've ever had," he started. "I know this is asking for a lot but I need you to make him happy."

I frowned. "Dante, I can't-"

He shook his head. "You don't understand. I'm losing him. I can't remember the last time he had a real smile or talked to me about something other than work."

"Look Dante, I don't know what you think is going on between Santo and I but-"

"The Santo I know wouldn't just marry anybody," he claimed. "I know he is crazy over you."

"Dante-"

"Please," he begged.

I sighed before nodding. "Okay."

He let out a breath of relief before hugging me. "Thank you so much."

I walked him to the door.

He turned to me. "If you need anything I can help you."

"Goodnight, Dante," I said before closing the door.

It can't be that hard to make Santo happy.

If I'm going to be married to him for the rest of my life I might as well make sure he isn't grumpy and rude all the time.

When I entered our bedroom, he was laying on the bed playing with James.

I opened my mouth to say something about the cat being on the bed but decided not to upset him any further.

I got ready for bed before going under my sheets and turning my back to him.

There was a comfortable silence between us before he turned off the lights and locked the cat out.

"Santo?" I asked but he didn't respond. "Why didn't you tell them about us?"

There was silence and I accepted the fact that my question was going to be left unanswered.

"I'm tired of them worrying over me," he said before turning his back to me.

Santo was a very confusing man with many layers to unfold. I want to know who he is. I want to find out whatever is darkening him and make him happy again. I want to know it all.

I smiled as I realized I found my new thesis.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7M 71.7K 44
COMPLETEDβœ… Arturo Vasquez -Head of Spanish mafia- was planning on accepting the proposal of Russian mafia leader Ivan Volkov's for his daughter, Aiya...
697K 18.2K 63
A man claimed by the devil. A woman claimed by no one. Until him. Santo Romano is a monster. His family relies on him to torture and kill. It's his...
1M 30.9K 82
This is a story of two broken souls who were brought together by one's lust and other's fear. Sophia She was young, innocent, loving and pretty with...
1M 22.5K 108
"I chose you, and I'm never changing my mind, because your eyes... they hold everything my soul thirsts for. Every thing I want and need, is you, and...