Emilia: Finding My Forever

By _dat_one_girl_

𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐄𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬 Emilia, a mixture of Enzo and Elianna. She isn't afraid of anyone a... More

Important Disclaimers
Character Aesthetics
Prologue
1|The Groom's Pick
2|A Lifetime of Misery
3|The Wedding
4|I Hate Santo Valentino
5|My New Home
6|Kill or Be Killed
7|James
9|My New Thesis
10|Work of Art
11|His Parents
12|Two People Who Got Stuck Together
13|Fiji
14| Foreign Regions
15|Mountain Climbing
16|Economics
17|Sexual Healing
18|Beach Day
19|The Small Details
20|We Were Drunk
21|Bittersweet Moments
22|Comfort Meal
23|Traitor
24|Human Behaviour
25|Sweet Dreams
26|Liking My Husband
27|Playing Games
28|Emilia's Day
29|I Love To Shop
30|Reckless
31|Innocent Eyes
32|Wishing For My Forever
33|Red Roses
34|Effort
35|To Forevers
36|A Tensed Match
37|Loyalty and Trust
38|A Great Leader
39|Show Me Everything
40|A Surprise Visit
41|Just My Opinion
42|Becoming My Worst Nightmare
43|A Rough Night
44|Breathe
45|A Failure
46|Reading It
47|Fill the Void
48|Ball- Part 1
49| Ball- Part 2
Epilogue
His Secret-Book 1
Her Secret-Book 2
A Poem

8|No Good

70.2K 1.6K 528
By _dat_one_girl_

Emilia's POV

I groaned out of frustration as I aggressively tapped the backspace key on my laptop for the hundredth time. I had been on the first sentence for the past hour.

Nothing seemed good enough. I tried everything. I even decided to wear my oversized tee shirt and sweats just so I could feel comfortable.

I dipped my hand into the bowl of chips beside me before shoving them into my mouth.

Who takes me out of my comfort zone? What do I want to about?

Mom? I shook my head.

Maybe my papá? I shook my head again.

The front door closed but I disregarded the noise. It was probably Santo or one of the guards; they come and go.

I stared at the blank Word document before finally closing my laptop and resting my head on the counter.

"Why can't I ever do anything right?" I cursed myself as I tried not to break down.

This was my last chance to pass the class and I couldn't think of one thing.

A throat cleared and I immediately shot up.

My eyes widened when I saw four strangers staring at me.

My first instinct was to grab the gun that Santo had given me but it conveniently was not with me.

One of the men raised his hands as he took slow steps towards me. "Relax, we come in peace."

"Stay back," I said as I stepped backward preparing myself to run. I was outnumbered.

"We are friends of Santo," he claimed. "Do you really think those guards would let us waltz in if we weren't?"

Santo doesn't have friends.

I ignored him as I continued stepping back.

One of the women sighed. "He didn't tell you? He said he would tell you that we were coming over."

The second woman turned to her. "It's Santo, what did you expect?"

"But she's his wife," she whispered rather lowly to the other woman. "I thought he would've been different towards her."

"If you don't believe us, go ask him yourself," the man said to me.

I watched them hesitantly before running up to our room.

He was seated behind his desk, engulfed with work.

"Santo," I interrupted but he ignored me. I walked up to him and repeated myself. "Santo!"

He snapped his head at me. "What?"

"Four people are downstairs claiming to be your friends. Is that true?"

He sighed before looking at his watch. "Yes."

So he does have friends after all.

"Why didn't you tell me they were coming?" I asked. "They said you promised to tell me."

He turned back to his work. "I forgot."

"Why?" I asked. "Is it because I'm not as important as your cat?"

"Yes," he answered honestly and I watched him in disappointment.

He stood up before walking to the door.

"Maybe you should take a look in the mirror before coming back down," he commented with a devious smile before leaving.

I rushed to look in the mirror and my jaw fell. My hair was messy and tangled.

I cringed as I realized this was their first impression of me. They were all so formally dressed in suits and dresses while I was wearing sweats with chips all over me.

I immediately grabbed my brush and started detangling my hair. When I was finished, I changed into one of my dresses before leaving for downstairs.

When I reached downstairs, it took everything in me not to glare at him. We haven't even been married for 2 weeks yet and he's already repeatably hurt me.

"Emilia!" one of the girls shouted before getting up.

I walked up to them. "Hello, everyone," I nervously said.

The guy from before smiled. "Santo, aren't you going to introduce your girl to us? She sounds like a nervous puppy."

The others laughed and I clenched my fists.

Santo rolled his eyes before picking up his glass and taking a drink. This action caused an uncomfortable silence among us.

The other woman stood up. "Emilia and Jaz, how about we go make some snacks? The guys can introduce themselves later."

"That's a great idea!" she happily said before taking both our hands and pulling us to the kitchen.

I stared at the ground as I tried to get over the embarrassment.

One of the girls placed her hand done my shoulder. "Don't worry about it. We've been friends with Santo for years, we understand his mood swings."

I looked up at her and she smiled.

"I am Jazmine, but you can call me Jaz," she said as she stretched out her hand.

She had a heart-shaped face with rosy lips and curly hair. She had the warmest smile which made me feel welcomed.

I shook her hand. "Emilia," I said before I remembered she already knew my name. "I'm sorry."

She laughed. "It's okay. You're cute."

The other woman walked up to us and stretched her hand out. "Gia."

She seemed more cold and reserved. Nonetheless, I shook her hand.

"Nice to meet you," I said politely.

Jaz walked over to the refrigerator and Gia over to the cupboard. The pair seemed to be very familiar with this kitchen.

"We used to come over here a lot," Jaz clarified as she placed the bread on the countertop. "Our husbands really love to eat."

I smiled as I pretended to look at something. I'm afraid if I help prepare the food, it'll end up being a disaster.

"Santo must really love you," Gia said and I paused.

I slowly turned around to her. "Excuse me?"

Jaz awkwardly laughed. "Please excuse, Gia. She is a bit overprotective of Santo. We all are."

Gia ignored Jaz. "I mean you're not his type, yet he married you. He usually isn't into girls younger than him."

"Gia stop," Jaz ordered but she continued.

"He usually sleeps with women about five years older than him," she said. "Are you pregnant?"

I stayed quiet. He didn't tell them this was an arranged marriage?

Do they even know who I really am?

Gia sighed. "I'm sorry if that came out too harsh. I am told I am not a people person. You don't have to answer if you don't want to."

I faked a smile as I walked up to them. "Is there anything I can help with?"

Jaz smiled as she handed me some tomatoes. "How about you cut these and Gia does the bread. I'll go get the meat!"

The three of us worked together to make the sandwiches. We didn't really talk as we made the sandwiches, however, it was not awkward.

Jaz smiled as she held one of the trays. "We made these in no time. I'll go take this tray out first and you can bring the other two."

We both nodded as she walked out.

I liked her. She was graceful and sweet.

I picked up one of the trays and began walking before Gia stopped me. "Emilia?"

I turned to look at her.

"I'm really sorry about earlier. I promised myself that I would be nice but of course, my mouth had to ruin things," she said looking like she was stressed. "I'm not good at making new friends."

For the whole time, she was quiet and kept hesitating to speak to me.

I smiled. "It's okay, I'm probably worse than you," I said and she laughed.

"Now let's introduce you to our husbands," she said as she held the door open for me.

I smiled as I walked past her then into the living room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

493K 12.9K 63
A man claimed by the devil. A woman claimed by no one. Until him. Santo Romano is a monster. His family relies on him to torture and kill. It's his...
41.8K 850 29
*arrange marriage* Marino lucciano(29) is known for being ruthless and cruel. The number 1 Italian Mafia family, is ruled by him. Having Mercy is th...
11.1M 258K 60
𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐄𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬 Enzo Mariano is known for being nothing but ruthless. He is feared by all in the Italian mafia. He kills on...
66.8K 1.3K 18
《𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐁𝐨𝐲. 𝐓𝐰𝐨 𝐏𝐬𝐲𝐜𝐡𝐨 𝐒𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐬. 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐡 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐮𝐦𝐚 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐟�...