SPIDER-MAN: MARK LEE

By hozeokz

❝In which Juliane Moon discovers that her crush, Mark Lee, is actually the infamous masked vigilante, Spiderm... More

𝗦𝗣𝗜𝗗𝗘𝗥𝗠𝗔𝗡
𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗦
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
𝗧𝗛𝗔𝗡𝗞 𝗬𝗢𝗨
𝟲𝟰 (𝗘𝗣𝗜𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗨𝗘)
𝗦𝗘𝗤𝗨𝗘𝗟 𝗣𝗨𝗕𝗟𝗜𝗦𝗛𝗘𝗗

13

1.7K 78 84
By hozeokz

𝟭𝟯: 𝗡𝗜𝗖𝗘 𝗥𝗘𝗙𝗟𝗘𝗫𝗘𝗦

The Basketball Match between Midtown High School and Somerset High School took place on this day. Apparently, there was an ongoing Basketball Tournament in which multiple High Schools in Queens participated, to win the Basketball Championship Trophy. I would not have been aware of Midtown's participation in the tournament if Naomi hadn't informed me. She had been keeping me updated since their first game. And now, I presumed that today's match would be one of their final ones. If they emerge victorious, they will have the chance to face Newtown High School in the ultimate battle and claim the trophy.

There was an hour and thirty minutes before the match could commence.

I found myself inside the gym hall of Midtown, accompanying the SoMe club (Specifically Donghyuck and Naomi), whom were doing SoMe business. Since they were responsible in promoting the school through social medias, they did their very best to do so through the different clubs, and in this case, the Basketball club. Their team wanted to ensure that this event would look fabulous in the pictures that they planned on posting online later, hoping to gain approval from students, teachers, parents and possible future students too. It seemed like a tiring duty, but I could tell Naomi was enjoying it. Not particularly Donghyuck though.

Within the gym hall, there were also other people present other than the SoMe club. There were the cheerleaders, practicing. And some of the basketball players had also arrived to do early warm-ups.

There were finished and unfinished banners splayed on the ground, just right next to the bleachers, where most of the SoMe club members worked on. Donghyuck was kneeling down, making some final adjustments to the banner he was working on that said "We Love You Flash Thompson."

"You cannot be serious." I tried to suppress my giggling.

Donghyuck sneered, his face vividly red because of both embarrassment and annoyance. "This isn't my idea, okay? Loving Thomspon would be something I'd do last. This is Naomi's idea." He smeared glue on the heart-shaped papers before pasting them everywhere on the banner.

"So this is what you and Naomi had been working on, in your bedroom?" I crouched down into an Asian squat position, to inspect their banners closer. "How romantic."

Donghyuck slammed his glue on the ground. "I don't get it, you know? Why does she like that arrogant son of a bitch?"

I shrugged. "Every woman in this school does."

"You do too?"

I gagged. "Of course not. I mean, yeah sure he's really good looking but... He doesn't really possess the ideal personality. I surmise some of these poor girls are just victims of his pretty facade."

The tanned boy flouted. "But he displays his doucheness so publicly. They're no victims, they're just stupid."

We heard heavy footsteps resonating through the entire hall, and slowly made its way to Donghyuck and I. It was Naomi. I could sense her overflowing enthusiasm as she dearly gripped the enormous banner she had. "Take a look at this! It's finally been printed!" She unfolded the banner frantically. It depicted a collective photograph of the Basketball team, featuring their team name 'The Flashes' prominently displayed in bold font at the center. And to be frank, it appeared quite remarkable.

As I stood up, I smiled supportively. "That looks amazing Naomi, nice job."

"See?" Donghyuck pointed. "He's so egocentric, he had to name the team, The Flashes. Absolutely ghastly."

Naomi went down on the floor next to Donghyuck, before splaying the banner open on the ground. She looked up toward the flock of boys warming up with basketballs in their hands, suited in jerseys and shorts, before giving the tanned boy a nudge. "Hey, you know he's right there. Keep it down." Naomi whispered.

Donghyuck rolled his eyes. "I don't care if he hears me. Honestly Naomi," He huffed and turned to face his crush. "Why do you like this dude. I swear it doesn't make sense."

Naomi merely sent an expressionless face to the tanned boy. "Hyuck, there is a difference between liking someone and thinking they're attractive."

"Did you just call me, Hyuck?" The exasperated look Donghyuck carried, suddenly moulded into an exhilarated one. He seemed to be overjoyed by his crush, referring to him with a nickname.

As I stood in front of the two bickering people, I couldn't suppress a smile on my lips. This moment that unfolded before me was too adorable. The sight of these two mingling actually never failed to give me a surge of bliss. I mean who wouldn't feel proud about this? Donghyuck went from forcing informations about Naomi to me, to prodding her now. How cute.

I was watching two of my dearest friends surrpetiously annoy-flirt. Then, I suddenly felt something solid tapping my ankle. I peered down to the ground, only to see a mere basketball lying still next to my black, Converse High. It must've rolled its way here.

Before I could kick it back to where the The Flashers were warming up at, I saw somebody's hand land on the ball.

It was Mark Lee.

Mark picked it up, and he started dribbling nonchalantly in front of me with a small smile, following a small sup-nod.

I didn't utter nor express any greet. I was still obviously bitter about what happened yesterday. Very bitter. Could you imagine how you would've felt, if your friend ditched you without any note nor message during a study session?

Mark noticed that I wasn't gonna return any form of greeting. He then started to dribble coolly with a fast pace, as though trying to get a reaction from me, but I only stood there with crossed arms. He was definitely trying to appear swaggy with those dribbling moves of his. When Mark tried to dribble between his legs, it slipped from his grip and rolled away. Mark instantly ran after it, and fortunately, he got it back in his hands. He stood upright and looked towards my direction, I could tell he was a bit embarrassed by this and cracked a cackle.

He dribbled it one last time before pivoting on his stance and jumping to shoot the ball in the hoop. Though, it fell down. It didn't even hit any part of the backboard. It just fell down. Mark slowly shifted his gaze to me, his cheeks were so crimson that it made my chest feel warm, instead of breaking into laughter after his embarrassing, failed show-off moment.

Mark scratched the back of his nape, before slowly ambling towards me with a sheepish chuckle. "I mean... To be fair, I excel in math and science not basket." He said.

Even though I was clearly irritated by his behavior from yesterday, his awkwardness was way too adorable not to acknowledge. Therefore, I failed resisting a grin on my face. Following that, I said nothing else and turned to pretend watching Donghyuck and Naomi do their SoMe thing, but then, I felt somebody's grip on my wrist.

It was obviously Mark.

"Hey, Juli." He called out and forcefully made me turn around to face him, though carefully.

And again with the oddly pleasant sensation in my stomach, when I eyed how his hand was touching the skin of my wrist.

When Mark noticed what I was eyeing, he quickly pulled his hand to himself, and even I caught a bit of redness in his face because of this. "I know... I know you're mad, and you have the right to be. I'm sorry I didn't say anything to you yesterday before leaving, or in general, I'm sorry for ditching again."

I looked away from his eyes. "Well I mean, we were writing the assignment separately, so I surmise it did make sense that we don't have to write it in each others presence. And I was sleeping anyways so."

Mark let out a muffled laugh. "You're too nice, you know that, Juli?" He smiled. "I do think I need to apologize, it was very irresponsible, and as a grown ass man I have to take responsibilities. I promise it won't happen again. And we'll finish that darn assignment, and win the Nationals by studying together. Sounds good?"

His words didn't fail to fulfill me. "Yeah, sounds good to me."

Mark and I stood there staring into each other with the same beam on our lips. Because of the intensity of our eye contact, to me, it felt like the world around us just dissolved. I was focused on him that everything in my proximity just disappeared. I could stay like this forever. I really could.

As soon as Mark's eyes suddenly lingered down to my plump lips, my heart proceeded palpitating firm and fast, as though it was ready to escape my chest.

Swoosh.

With a mere blink, I felt a wave of wind hitting the right side of my head. We both stayed in our stances, nothing else moved but Mark's left hand. And from the corner of my eyes, I could see an orange ball being held right next to my head. It seemed like Mark just stopped the basketball from hitting my head with his insane reflexes.

A relieved sigh surged out of my lips. "N- Nice reflexes..." I complimented.

Mark pulled the basketball to his stomach and looked down at it, his head nodding. "Thanks."

"Sorry about that." A familiar voice shouted, causing his words to echo back and forth within the gym hall.

Both I and Mark turned to see who it was. Of course, it was Flash Thompson.

Flash stood a few meters away, with his servants standing behind him like his tail, a proud and arrogant grin plastered on his pretty face.

I disliked him. And I never understood why everybody didn't hold the same dislikeness. Ever since Freshman year, I've viewed him as a total douchebag who thought he was all mighty because he was captain of the basketball team, and had the most stunning girlfriend in the school, Gwen Stacy. I was so glad Gwen came into her senses and broke up with him at the end of Sophomore year. Even though he lost her, his popularity stayed the same because of his charming looks. Of course it would stay the same, the girls would like him even better now that he was single.

Sometimes Flash snuck himself during study and practice sessions of the Academic Decathlon team during Freshman year. And he was always pestering people, including me.

Therefore he was nothing but an annoying fly I couldn't swat away.

"Be careful next time. You might hit these banners the SoMe club worked hard for." I said with an obviously feigned smile.

Flash only smirked, his eyes scanning me from head to toe. "What's with the attitude, Moon? Why don't you come here? I wanna dribble something else, other than basketballs." Laughters of approval came from his friends after his nasty comment.

Donghyuck was back on his feet, his index finger pointing directly at Flash. "Don't fucking talk to her like that. You cock sucking piece of shit-"

Flash groaned loudly, interjecting Donghyuck instantly. "Shut up Dongfuck, nobody was talking to you." He sneered sassily.

There was a moment of glaring contest between the two, before Flash finally turned to look at Mark whom held the ball. Mark was doing the exact same thing: Glaring. His grip on the ball only tightened when Flash eyed him with that arrogant expression of his. "Yo nerd, hand over the ball."

Mark cocked an eyebrow.

More silence passed by, and Flash was growing more impatient. "Hey, I said hand over the ball Mark." He urged, his hands landing on his waist.

Mark calmly ambled towards the flock of basketball players, there was a playful smile on his lips. "Why don't you take it from me?" Mark suggested with a shrug, one of his hand extending out where the ball was resting in. I wasn't sure of what was happening, but Mark seemed confident about it so I trusted it.

Flash's friends pushed him forward, closer to where Mark was, an encouragement for him to accept Mark's challenge.

Flash scoffed lightly. He watched as Mark stood there, willingly extending his grip on the basketball for Flash to take. Flash rolled his eyes, finding the entire situation inconvenient and snatching the ball, but he couldn't because Mark's grip was too strong. Flash's eyes flickered, and he gave one last pull before putting both his hands and forced to loosen Mark's grasp on the ball. Though it didn't budge at all.

"Come on, Flash." Mark encouraged with a smile. "Come on take it."

A bit confused, yet impressed by the entire scenery unfolding before my eyes, I turned over to look at Donghyuck and Naomi. They seemed to be enjoying it as well. Especially Donghyuck. I had never seen that evil smile in his face before, ever.

Mark shook his head in disappointment. He then feigned to throw the basketball behind Flash, and stupidly enough, Flash believed it and pivoted in his stance. With that, Mark threw the ball on his head and it bounced back to his grip.

There were waves of laughters coming from everybody in the gym hall. Even his own teammates who stood from the distance watched, laughing and smiling. It was Chenle, along with his other Junior friends.

Flash's anger was bottling up inside him, and as he turned around, he let it all out. "Okay then! Come on Mark Lee! Come on!" He shouted, his fists slamming against his chest like a gorilla. It was a harsh form of invitation to initiate to a physical fight.

Mark knew better than engaging in his stupid fights, so he merely sprinted directly to Flash, before bumping his shoulder against him. That caused the boy to pummel on the ground, hard and loud.

Meanwhile, Mark proceeded running towards the basketball hoop, and the next thing I remembered, was Mark leaping in the air to make a slam-dunk shot. And when it went in, somehow, he created a big impact, resulting in the entire glass backboard to shatter in pieces. And when his feet landed on the floor, so did the pieces of shattered glasses, and the entire metaled rim itself.

NOTE: I'm sorry but I literally love embarrassing Mark Lee in this fanfiction lol. Anyways I hope you guys like slowburns, because yeah, this is definitely a slow burn book between the two leads.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.3K 1.7K 26
in which donghyuck creates a "top secret" insta account to post his drawings of his highschool crush mark lee. watermelon_mark: wow i'm honoured...
29.3K 1.6K 10
"I know all of you. Lee Minhyung, Criminal of MFALHS. Lee Donghyuck, the Princess. Huang Renjun, the Artist. Lee Jeno, the Jock. Na Jaemin, the...
326K 15.1K 37
"excuse me what?! i cheated on who?!!" [ social media au + lowercase intended ] well let's just say that their friendship starts off on the wrong foo...
3.4K 72 32
[Soulmate au] Suh Huijin,a pretty mysterious college girl with a dark past,doesnt believe in soulmates. Mark Lee,the typical playboy, cold and a hear...