HERSHE - WINRINA

By Winter201117

What would happen if a good-looking lesbian had swept off a homophobic's feet? An old friend that Winter care... More

NOTE
NEWCOMER
Anniversary
Hickey
Closer
Lipstick
Plan
Drunk
Visitor
Past
Chat
Breakfast
Serendipity
Back
Couple
Girlfriend
War
Quiz
Honey
Moments
Stroll
Dude
Confession
Truth
Closure
Free
Hangover
Interns
Fast
Nuisance
Missed
Date
Horror
Fireworks
Conquered
Admire
Surprise
Setup
Chance
Special
Lunch
Cannot
Offline
Hospital
Late
Friends
Tears
sleepover
Couch
Deal
Family
[M]Special Chapter woo-hoo

Game

2K 178 48
By Winter201117

"She called in sick today," said Giselle.

Winter slumped her shoulders, sighing. She can't take her eyes away from Karina's empty table. "Do you think she's okay now?"

"I don't know. She just said she's not in the mood to go to work today."

"Have you told her about what we've talked last night?"

"Nope; not yet. It's your job now to tell her that, not me, 'honey' " said Giselle, raising an eyebrow.

"Oh..." Winter scratched her nape, feeling shy and guilty.

"Do it today or else I'll kill you for making my friend cry, okay?"

"I will, I will. I don't have plans of prolonging this either. After last night all I wanted to do is just to straighten up things with her."

"But I think you've got to be a little tough. Expect that she would resent you at first, or maybe push you away. It's a normal defense mechanism of a person who's hurt," said Giselle.

Winter puffed her cheeks and blew air from her mouth. "You're right. I'll take note of that." She glanced at her wristwatch and noticed that it's only after lunch. "I'll go to her house later. I should go back to work now," she said, walking away.

"Winter..."

"Yeah?"

Giselle got up from her chair. "This is the first time I'd seen Karina really got swept off her feet, so please, please take care of her, okay? I'm entrusting her to you because I know she'll be in safe hands."

Winter smiled. "Thanks, Giselle. I promise that I will take care of her."

"You better be, or else..." Giselle didn't finish her sentence but she made a throat cut signal with her hand.

Winter chuckled. "I'll remember that."

————-

Winter pulled her car over onto the side of the road in front of Karina's house.

She rolled down her window about halfway to better see if someone's inside.

I wonder if she's home. Should I ring the doorbell? But what if her mom sees me?

Winter grabbed her phone instead. She exhaled before dialing Karina's number.

Brr.. brr.. brr..

It took a few more rings before someone answered. "Hello?"

Winter heard small sniffs on the line. "Uh, Karina?"

"Yeah, what?"

"Uh, are you at home? You didn't come to work today."

"I was not feeling well."

"Oh. So.. you're just home?"

"Yeah, why?"

Winter felt a little nervous knowing that Karina is just a few meters away from her. "Is your mom in there too?"

"Nope, she's still at work. Why do you keep asking me things?"

"I-I'm here in front of your house..."

"What?!"

Before Winter could response she heard Karina move, as if getting up from a chair or bed, then the sound of her footsteps followed. Eventually, Winter saw her peeking through the window. Winter fully rolled down her window and waved a hand.

"What are you doing here?"

"Uh, visiting you?"

"I don't need visitors now, Winter."

Seeing Karina through the window made Winter realize how much she missed this little tyrant. "I came here to talk to you."

"Is there anything else to talk about?"

"There is, Karina. There's a lot, especially after what happened last night."

"Go home, Winter. I'm not in the mood to talk to you yet," said Karina, walking away from the window.

Winter panicked when Karina disappeared from her sight, afraid that the latter will end the call right away. "But, Karina, please, just let me explain things to you. I'll be waiting for you down here, okay?"

"I said I'm not in the mood to talk about it yet. I don't even want to see your face now."

Winter massaged her aching head with her right hand. "But I need to talk to you, just one last time. If you don't want to talk to me ever again I promise I won't bug you after this."

There was no response.

"Just this once, Karina..."

Another dead air.

Winter's now starting to lose hope. "Please, honey.. please...?"

There was another long silence on the line before Karina finally sighed.

"Give me fifteen minutes," said Karin, then ending the call right away.

Winter slumped back on her chair, relieved. Karina's stubbornness somehow made her doubt what Giselle told her last night. Is Karina really that mad to treat her that way?

Waiting inside her car made her feel uneasy. Winter's nervous. This is the first time they are going to talk alone after that fateful Friday dialogue where she almost thought everything's over. Truth is she really wants to make up with Karina now but she's not prepared what to say yet. And Karina's in her monster mood today which might make things more challenging.

After fifteen minutes she received a message from Karina:

Let's talk inside.

Right after she read the message, she heard a clanging gate being opened.

Karina didn't wait for her, instead, she went back inside the house after opening the gate.

Is she serious about this?

With hesitation, Winter went out of her car and walked towards the house. She closed the gate behind her and inhaled first before walking through the front door.

Winter's eyes surveyed the area before taking another step to completely let herself in. The curtains were all drawn, making it a little darker inside. Karina was nowhere to be seen.

Winter took a few more steps until she reached the living room where she saw the picture frames on the shelves. It was Karina's pictures from her childhood to her college years. There's another picture of a young Karina with a man - whom Winter assumed to be her dad - then there's their family picture.

Winter smile. So cute.

"Make yourself comfortable."

Winter turned around and saw Karina holding a glass of orange juice. "Oh. Hey."

Karina's wearing a blue t-shirt and denim shorts. Her black straight hair is hanging down loose just passed her shoulders. Winter can't help but marvel at the beauty in front of her; so simple yet so sophisticated.

But Winter noticed something when she looked at Karina's face.

Her eyes are swollen. So, she really was crying?

"Here." Karina handed the glass. "Let's talk over there."

"Thanks." Winter took it and followed Karina. "Are you sure you don't want to talk about this outside?"

"My mom's going home late today so we have the house for ourselves,"

Karina answered without looking back. They eventually reached the couch area and Karina pointed to one of the sofas. "Have a seat."

Winter sat down and settled her orange juice at the coffee table in front. To her dismay, Karina sat across her.

"So, what brings you here?" Karina started immediately.

Winter glanced first at the empty space on her left. "Uh.. d-don't you want to sit beside me first?"

"No."

"Why?"

"I just don't want to."

"Are you mad at me?"

"Mmm, no."

"Then can I sit beside you instead?" asked Winter, smiling, hoping it would work.

"No way," Karina scowled. "Can't we just talk like this?"

"We can, but we didn't have a good outcome the last time we talked like this. Maybe we should sit beside each other now for good measures?" said Winter, flashing out the most charming smile she could do.

Karina snorted and looked away.

"Oh, come on, Rin. I came here because I was worried about you and this is how you'll entertain me, your VISITOR?"

"Why exactly do you want me to sit beside you?" asked Karina, more irritated this time.

"Because I missed you, okay? If you're not mad at me then why don't you sit here?" said Winter, tapping a hand on her side. "Besides, I deserve better hospitality, right?"

"Ugh.." Karina rolled her eyes. She got up eventually and sat beside Winter, making sure that there is ample space between them. "Happy now?"

"Of course." Winter took a sip at her orange juice first before turning to Karina.

"But what's with this?" she asked, staring at the space in between them.

"I'm not avoiding you I just want some space for myself here."

"Jeez. Why are you acting like you don't want to see me?"

"Because I really don't want to see you. I don't even want to talk to you."

"Hah, you don't want to talk to me but then you still let me in your house and prepared me an orange juice? Is that it?" said Winter, raising the glass and drinking from it.

Karina grunted once again and rubbed her face with her hands in irritation.

Winter chuckled as she puts down her juice. "Hey, you're being grumpy again." she said, touching Karina's arm.

"Don't touch me," said Karina, pulling her arm. "I swear I'm gonna move back there if you touch me again."

"Okay, okay. I'll behave," said Winter, raising her hands in surrender. "Why don't you want to talk to me? Have I done something wrong?"

Karina shrugged in response and looked away.

Winter realized that she should take it in a different approach. "Hey, why don't we play a game instead?"

Karina shot her a glare. "Game? I thought you wanted to talk?"

"Well, you said you don't want to talk to me, right?"

"Ugh... I don't have time for this, Winter."

"Well, this isn't just the ordinary game. Remember your game we played in the resort before, the 'answer a question with a question'?"

Karina raised an eyebrow. "You're not serious about this, are you?"

"I am. Unless you're afraid you'd lose then we can cancel it."

"You wish," Karina scoffed. "Let me remind you that you were the one who lost the last time, remember?"

"I just don't want to embarrass you, honey," Winter snickered. "So, what, are you game or not? Same consequences, okay?"

Karina glared at her again, eventually giving in. "Fine. You start this time."

"With pleasure, with pleasure!" said Winter, rubbing her palms again. She turned her body away for a second and looked up the ceiling while thinking about what to ask. "Hmm, seriously, are you mad at me?"

Karina brought her feet up to the sofa and supported her head with her left hand. "Do I have any reason to be mad at you?"

"Mmm, but why did you leave the party early last night?"

"I told you, I was not feeling well, right? I wasn't at work today, remember?"

Winter nodded. "By not feeling well, does it mean you're physically sick or emotionally?"

"What are you trying to point out, Winter?"

"You saw it, right?"

"Saw what?"

"This kiss?"

"Yeah, so?"

Winter felt Karina suddenly getting uncomfortable. "I was wondering, does that have anything to do with you leaving the party early?"

Karina scoffed and looked away. "Where did you get that notion?"

"Hasn't your friend Giselle told you that she confronted me about it last night?"

Karina's eyes widened in shock and embarrassment. "A-are you kidding me?"

"Do I look like I'm kidding?"

"W-what exactly did she say to you?"

"Is it true that you cried?"

Karina massaged her temples with her hands. She then glanced at Winter before saying, "If so, then what?"

"Why were you crying?"

"Can we please not talk about this, Winter?"

"Don't you think this is the perfect time to talk about it?"

"Are you... Karina paused, tilting her head to Winter, "Are you just doing this because Giselle asked you to?"

"Can't the reason be because I just want to clear things up with you?"

Karina narrowed her eyes. "What do you want to tell me exactly?"

"Would you believe me if I say that what you saw last night was a fake kiss?"

"Huh? Is there even a thing such as fake kiss?"

"Yeah, they do it in movies, right?" said Winter, pointing at the spot where Yunjin kissed her.

"Are you trying to tell me that you faked kissed each other?"

Winter nodded. "Were you really affected with it?"

"Why are you still asking me that if Giselle had told you everything?"

"Then tell me, why were you jealous, huh?" asked Winter, nudging Karina.

Instead of answering, Karina stared at Winter without saying anything.

Somehow, it made Winter feel uncomfortable. That eye contact made her feel all the pain that Karina has been bottling inside. Those swollen eyes gave her an idea what the girl in front of her went through last night.

"Why are you doing this to me, Winter?" asked Karina. "Why do you keep on making me feel special for one second, then treat me like a total stranger for another second, and now making me feel again like I mean everything to you?"

The mood has changed. Winter felt nervous. She can't read what's on Karina's mind. She's not even sure if this talk will end well or not.

"I wasn't happy avoiding you before, okay? Is having Heeseung around not enough reason for me to stay away from you?" asked Winter.

"You were jealous of Heeseung? Then what were you doing with Yunjin?"

"She was trying to be a good friend to me, she wanted to make you jealous; don't you still get it?"

Karina swallowed something in her throat. "So, you're not together?"

Winter shook her head. "Did you seriously think I'd forget you that easy?"

Karina slumped her back on the chair and started fiddling with her own fingers. She glanced at Winter and took a deep breath. "I guess there's no point in denying it now, right?"

"I went here because I want to fix this, to fix us, don't you believe me?"

Karina sighed. "There's no turning back after this so before it's too late, tell me now, are you.. are you really serious about me?"

Winter knows that this talk is either a make or a break. She should let all her cards out now. Winter scooted closer, filling the empty space between them.

"What do you want me to do to prove that I am?" asked Winter, brushing Karina's hair behind her ear with a hand.

Karina looked like she's trying her best not to cry. She slowly turned to Winter with those sweet puppy eyes. "Could you please make sure you'll stay by my side always?"

Winter melted at that. She couldn't fight hee feelings anymore. She leaned forward to kiss Karina's temple. "I would," she assured, "but on one condition.. would you be officially mine?"

Karina, who's almost about to cry, wasn't able to hold off a smile after hearing that. "What took you so long to ask?"

Feeling relieved, Winter anchored her arms around Karina's waist and guided the latter's head to her neck. "Weren't you the one who took so long to realize it?" she said, kissing the top of Karina's head.

Feeling embarrassed, Karina slapped Winter's arm. "I hate you... I hate you..."

Winter laughed at that. "I love you too."

"You're so mean. You made me cry last night," Karina whined like a little child while rubbing an eye.

"I know, I know.. I'm sorry, honey, I'm so sorry." said Winter, rubbing a hand on Karina's arm. "So, does this mean we're officially together now?"

Karina pulled herself back to look at Winter's face. "It only means that you should stop flirting with other girls in the office, capiche?"

"Oh, come on, Karina, you're the only girl in the office that I've flirted with.."

Karina glared at her. "Make me cry again like last night, I promise you'll be flirting in the hell after."

"Oooh, my baby is scary..."

"Baby your face," Karina scoffed, leaning back against Winter's neck

"Hey, you're forgetting something.."

"What?"

"You lost, honey..."

Karina pulled back once again, bringing her fingers to her lips. "Oh. I guess I forgot that one. So, what's the consequence?"

"A dinner out tonight would be fine."

"Oh, is that it? That's easy."

Not just tonight, but tomorrow, and the day after, and the day after that, and the day after that day, and the mmm-mmm-mmm." Winter's voice muffled after Karina covered her mouth with both hands.

"I'd love to," said Karina , removing her hands after Winter shut up.

Winter stared at Karina for long while gently brushing the tiny hair off the latter's face. Winter leaned over to plant another kiss on Karina's forehead.

"I love you."

Karina closed her eyes at the touch. "I love you too."

——————-
Everyone, calm down, every time there are 50 votes, I get a lot of messages for the next update hahaa I think I found my favorite readers.😘

"50 votes" for next update luv u

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.5K 3.1K 23
When Winter transfers into an art high school, it messes up all Karina's thoughts, but she doesn't resist, because it's just lust, a sweet desire she...
20.1K 1.1K 8
Karina Yu has mind reading power, but she couldn't find 'the one' whose mind she can read yet. Not until a voice from nowhere took her by surprise, l...
210K 8.3K 23
[๐˜—๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฃ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฌ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ˆ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ป๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ & ๐˜‰&๐˜•] Winter Kim had no interest in celebrities until she herself got entangled in a complicated but sweet a...
45.3K 2K 15
"We'll just act..." her eyes flicker to Winter's shining lips and she feels her voice crack slightly, "normal." "Right," Winter's words are only a li...