Too Far Gone (Don't Save Me B...

By AccioTherapists

It's finally time for Y/n to reunite with her family but is she ready for everything that comes with being a... More

Chapter One: The Source
Chapter 2: Holding my Breath
Chapter 3: Affection and Hate
Chapter 4: Laughing
Chapter 5: The Escape
Chapter 6: The Quibbler
Chapter 7: The Room of Requirement
Chapter 8: Discovery
Chapter 9: Dumbledore's Army
Chapter 10: Home
Chapter 11: What Do You Want?
Chapter 12: Macnair
Chapter 13: Neville
Chapter 14: The Pensieve
Chapter 15: Veritaserum
Chapter 16: Voldemort's Daughter
Chapter 17: Department of Mysteries
Chapter 18: Kreacher's Betrayal
Chapter 19: Regulus Black
Chapter 20: Failure
Chapter 21: Wormtail's Punishment
Chapter 22: Eavesdropping
Chapter 23: Eager
Chapter 24: Just a Few Days
Chapter 25: Reunion
Chapter 26: For Both of You
Chapter 27: Another Boggart
Chapter 28: Let the Lessons Begin
Chapter 29: Welcome Home, Y/n Riddle
Chapter 30: The Prophecy
Chapter 31: What Happened?
Chapter 32: A Sign of Life
Chapter 33: If Only...
Chapter 35: Who Died?
Chapter 36: The Start of Term
Chapter 37: Malfoy Manor
Chapter 38: I Knew You Had it in You
Chapter 39: Ask Away
Chapter 40: Questions
Chapter 41: Draco
Chapter 42: Suspicions
Chapter 43: The Attack on the Burrow
Chapter 44: The Full Moon
Chapter 45: Confrontation
Chapter 46: Visitors
Chapter 47: Crookshanks
Chapter 48: Anger
Chapter 49: Old Memories
Chapter 50: Quidditch Accident
Chapter 51: Potions Class
Chapter 52: The Memory
Chapter 53: The Astronomy Tower
Chapter 54: The Hospital Wing
Chapter 55: The Letter
Chapter 56: Breakfast
Chapter 57: Another Reunion
Chapter 58: Two Days Later
Chapter 59: Seven Potters
Chapter 60: The Attack
Chapter 61: Sectumsempra
Chapter 62: The Minister's Visit
Chapter 63: The Wedding Crashers
Chapter 64: Macnair's Betrayal
Chapter 65: 10 Minutes
Chapter 66: The Sword of Gryffindor
Chapter 67: In the Face of War

Chapter 34: Returning to Hogwarts

82 6 3
By AccioTherapists

Sirius continued to ask what had occurred the night I went for a walk and made Severus leave but I couldn't bring myself to have that conversation. It was all I could do to remember my training and keep my emotions in check, for I feared a burst of emotion this large could destroy the burrow.

Harry arrived and I had begged Sirius to keep the details of the state I was in when I arrived quiet, as well as the fight I'd had with Severus. He'd agreed, to which I was grateful. The dress I was wearing when I arrived had been stuffed to the bottom of my closet and I couldn't look at it, for it was a reminder of just how close I'd come to becoming one of them... if I hadn't already become exactly what they wanted.

The time finally arrived for me to return to Hogwarts and Minerva escorted me back to the grounds as Albus waited for us at the gates. He explained that Slughorn was taking over the potion's position and I would be his assistant, whereas Severus had been moved to Defense Against the Dark Arts. My eyes widened as he explained.

"Why? I-isn't that dangerous? That position doesn't exactly have the best track record."

"Severus is aware of the risks. I'm surprised he didn't speak with you about this." He raised a brow curiously.

I rolled my eyes. "We're not exactly on speaking terms right now."

He and Minerva paused as we entered the castle. "Are you two fighting?" Albus asked.

I scoffed. "I finally learned the truth of the prophecy about me."

For the first time in all the years I'd known him, Albus seemed speechless, unsure of exactly what to say. His eyes were searching mine carefully as he finally spoke.

"So you... you know then... the truth?"

"Which part?" I scoffed. "The part about you knowing my mother? The part about me potentially being the cause of the death and destruction of us all!?"

"Y/n... that's not what it-."

I scoffed, holding up my hand. "Yeah... right. It's my choice." My voice dripped with sarcasm as I spoke. "My mother and father had my fate sealed the minute I was born."

"Y/n... what are you saying?"

"No matter what I do... no matter how hard I fight... Tom Riddle is my father and there is nothing I can do to change that."

"Sweetheart," Minerva began, taking my hand. "You yourself said blood does not make a family. You get to choose who you want to be. No one else gets to decide that for you." She glared at Albus as she spoke before returning her gaze to me. "We never wanted you to find out about the prophecy this way... we just..." she trailed off, sighing.

"Did you intend to tell me at all?"

"Perhaps... in time... but we didn't want to add this pressure to you... Learning the truth about your family is difficult enough without the added pressure of knowing you may be the salvation the wizard world needs."

I scoffed. "I am no one's salvation, Albus. I bring death and destruction wherever I go."

***

We approached the Hogwarts gates and I saw Severus already waiting there, his eyes following my movements.

"Professor Snape," I greeted as we approached.

"Darling, please... just listen-."

"I have nothing to say to you," I hissed as I walked past him. He whispered something to Albus as Minerva walked with me into the castle.

"Y/n!" Albus called to me. "I'll need to see you in my office as soon as possible. Meet me there in 10 minutes." His eyes were wide as they flicked to Severus, a slight hint of fear within them.

I nodded, knowing it was pointless to argue and I entered the castle, dropping off my bag in my chambers before heading to Albus's office. If only I'd have known what was coming... I never would've gone to his office that day. I'd have left Hogwarts for good and taken Severus with me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

679K 14.2K 126
Dumbledores adoptive daughter has lived at Hogwarts since she was five years old , what happened when her life becomes intertwined with the boy who l...
138K 4.7K 75
When a young girl befriends both the Marauders and Severus Snape, chaos ensues as she is constantly forced to pick a side. Tensions rise as she is in...
2.8M 114K 77
β«Άβ«Άβ«Ά ᴇ α΄… ᴇ ʟ y Ι΄ β«Άβ«Άβ«Ά ― Edelyn AurΓ©lia Black learned from a young age that h e r o e s aren't always the ones who win. ...
6.8K 774 77
As the end of their seventh year approaches, the Marauders find themselves thrown into a war between Voldemort and the Order of the Phoenix. While Ja...