Emilia: Finding My Forever

By _dat_one_girl_

𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐄𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬 Emilia, a mixture of Enzo and Elianna. She isn't afraid of anyone a... More

Important Disclaimers
Character Aesthetics
1|The Groom's Pick
2|A Lifetime of Misery
3|The Wedding
4|I Hate Santo Valentino
5|My New Home
6|Kill or Be Killed
7|James
8|No Good
9|My New Thesis
10|Work of Art
11|His Parents
12|Two People Who Got Stuck Together
13|Fiji
14| Foreign Regions
15|Mountain Climbing
16|Economics
17|Sexual Healing
18|Beach Day
19|The Small Details
20|We Were Drunk
21|Bittersweet Moments
22|Comfort Meal
23|Traitor
24|Human Behaviour
25|Sweet Dreams
26|Liking My Husband
27|Playing Games
28|Emilia's Day
29|I Love To Shop
30|Reckless
31|Innocent Eyes
32|Wishing For My Forever
33|Red Roses
34|Effort
35|To Forevers
36|A Tensed Match
37|Loyalty and Trust
38|A Great Leader
39|Show Me Everything
40|A Surprise Visit
41|Just My Opinion
42|Becoming My Worst Nightmare
43|A Rough Night
44|Breathe
45|A Failure
46|Reading It
47|Fill the Void
48|Ball- Part 1
49| Ball- Part 2
Epilogue
His Secret-Book 1
Her Secret-Book 2
A Poem

Prologue

108K 2.1K 1.4K
By _dat_one_girl_

Emilia's POV

"Emilia!" my papá yelled, for the fourth time, from downstairs.

I sighed as closed my laptop and made my way downstairs.

My 30,000-word thesis on the measurement of critical thinking was due at midnight and I was only halfway through. If I keep this up, I'll probably fail and all my hard work would have been done for nothing.

"Yes?" I asked before looking up to see my mother, father, Uncle Seb, and Isabella.

"Uncle Seb," I said as I ran and hugged them. "Bella!"

"It's been ages," Bella said as she hugged me tighter.

"That's because you got married and abandoned me," I mumbled and she immediately released from our hug.

"Hey, that is not true. I may have gotten married but I did not abandon you."

About six months ago, Uncle Seb arranged for Bella to marry a guy in our mafia. She wasn't too happy about it but surprisingly the pair hit it off.

"Oh yeah? Well, when was the last time you answered one of my calls?" I contested.

"Girls, enough," Uncle Seb said as he pulled me closer and turned to my parents. "Enzo and Elle, what is the big announcement you guys called us over here for?"

I raised my eyebrow.

"Announcement? You guys didn't tell me you had an announcement. Let's hear it."

Mom and dad immediately looked at each other.

My heart started beating faster. They only do this when they have bad news.

"Oh no, don't tell me you're pregnant, mom," I said and she started laughing.

"With all due respect Emilia, I do not want to have another child after raising you," she said.

I wasn't that bad.

"She wasn't that bad," dad said to her.

"Thank you," I agreed.

Mom gave him a look. "Really?"

He sighed. "Okay, I take that back."

Both Uncle Seb and Bella laughed while I pretended like I wasn't offended.

"Can you please just tell us the announcement," I said with a hint of bitterness.

Mom immediately held dad's hand.

"I am the leader of our mafia," he started. "A good leader does what's best for his people."

Bella looked to me for answers but I shrugged because I was clueless myself.

"We are running out of artillery and ammunition. We need a steady source," he continued to go around the bush.

"What's going on Enzo?" Uncle Seb asked.

Dad took a deep breath. "We're teaming up with the Sicilian Mafia."

"What!?" Uncle Seb immediately shouted which made me jump. "No!"

"They need men, we need artillery," dad defended himself. "Their leader is the owner of Valentino which legally manufactures guns and ammunition.

"Have you lost your damn mind Enzo!?" Uncle Seb shouted.

"They have what we need! It's a fair trade."

I watched as mom's hand tightened around my father's, urging him to say something else.

"What else?" I asked and he immediately looked at me.

My father is a very straightforward man. He is always blunt and does not like to soften the blow. However, he was doing it now which made me scared.

I know him too well.

"You'll be arranged to marry one of their don," he said and I forgot how to breathe for a second.

"What?" was all I could manage to say.

"I know him," he said. "He may be a little rough on the outside but he is a decent man."

Uncle Seb started laughing. "Did I get my months mixed up? Are we in April because this has to be a joke."

"I'm not marrying some stranger," I said before I turned to mom. "Mom, help me out here. You know how it feels to be put in an arranged marriage. Please don't make me do it."

She gave me a sad look but stayed quiet.

Tears began to gather in my eyes. "Is it because I didn't do that training you wanted me to do last month? I'll go, I promise I will just please don't force me to get married."

He watched me with a hint of pain in his eyes.

My father was very overprotective of me. He never wanted to see me sad.

He would kill anyone who looked at me the wrong way.

"Enough!" he shouted. "You're getting married and that's final."

I felt a lump in my throat as hot tears accumulated in my eyes.

I didn't even know what to say to him. He didn't even ask if I wanted to be married.

The only thing I could do it run up to my room and cry. I was defenseless against my father.

I never thought I'd see the day when I needed a defense.

He is my protector, my comforter, my everything. I love my father to death.

The door was knocked on before it opened to reveal my mom.

I looked just like her. We shared the same rich, dark black hair, deep dark brown eyes, and well-portioned figure. We even had similar personalities.

She is my best friend.

"Go away," I said as I turned to face to wall.

She ignored my request and proceeded to lay next to me. She wrapped her arms around me and kissed me on the cheek.

"He is not a bad person considering who he is," she said but that only made things worse.

I immediately turned to her. "Wait, you met him?"

"Briefly," she said as she gave me a small smile.

"Mom, please get me out of this. You're the only one who can make papá change his mind."

It's true; she has him in a chokehold. I've heard countless stories about who my father was before he married my mother. She is the only one he listens to.

"Why would I do that?"

I raised my eyebrow. "Why would you not?"

"Emilia, who do you want to marry? Have you seen the men in this mafia?"

"Why do I have to get married? I'm 20. I want to be free."

She sighed as she stood up.

"Mom!" I begged. "I have so much ahead of me. I've been keeping something from you guys."

She turned to look at me.

"I'm doing an online degree in Psychology," I admitted.

"We know," she said and my heart skipped a beat.

"You-you know?"

She smiled before sitting down next to me on the bed. "Of course, we know. Do you think we wouldn't notice all that money for your tuition leaving your account?"

I looked at her. "Why didn't you say anything?"

"Why didn't you tell us?" she asked back and I looked down.

"I figured you guys would be disappointed and think what I am doing is useless. I know how much papá wants me to contribute to the mafia."

She sighed, "Emilia, we're your parents. We will support you in anything you want to do."

I immediately hugged her. "Mom, I'm scared. I don't want to marry a stranger."

She hugged me back. "Everything is going to be okay. Look at how your father and I turned out. We won't let anything happen to you."

"I love you, mom."

She hugged me tighter. "I love you, too."

AN:I hope you guys like the first chapter! Please vote for this and the upcoming chapters as well!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 22K 46
𝐕𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐀 𝐅𝐀𝐘𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐀𝐆𝐎 was a very happy girl. When she was little her and her bestfriend would do everything together until somethi...
11.3M 261K 60
𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐄𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬 Enzo Mariano is known for being nothing but ruthless. He is feared by all in the Italian mafia. He kills on...
389K 5.1K 18
~ A Mafia Romance ~ ISABELLA - A sweet but dangerous girl, daughter of the Spanish Mafia leader. Treated as nothing but a princess, she dreams of bec...
406K 8.4K 33
A crime boss struggles to carry out a vendetta after he falls for the spirited daughter of his enemy. ...