The Unaccepted | Kiri x Human...

By Nigasaradude

2154. My birthyear. My biological parents were ordinary soldiers stationed on Pandora, who had to leave one y... More

Chapter 1 - Fight or Flight
Chapter 2 - How to train your Ikran
Chapter 3 - Consequences
Chapter 4 - Fighting with Aliens
Chapter 5 - Hidden in plain Sight
Chapter 6 - Love and Hate
Chapter 7 - Visiting Friends
Chapter 8 - Still not listening
Chapter 9 - Catching demons
Chapter 10 - Losing Someone
Chapter 11 - Waking up
Chapter 12 - Personal Struggles
Chapter 13 - Venting and Doubt
Chapter 14 - Betrayal
Chapter 15 - Discussion (Unpolished)
Chapter 16 - Journey (Unpolished)
Chapter 17 - The First Problems
Chapter 18 - Second Problem
Chapter 20 - Meeting the Parents
Chapter 21 - Discussions
Status Update - POLL OPEN

Chapter 19 - Family Reunion

200 9 2
By Nigasaradude

With questioning looks exchanged among those around us, Ayoe turned away, gesturing for me to follow. She didn't seem to care that much. I could be jealous of that, but

"(Come with me to get your stuff.)" her tone and body language led no way for arguments. She led the way, and I fell into step behind her. Why did I have to be human again? I feel like every problem I have could be solved by being the same race as all the people around me. Attempting to alleviate the pain in my arm, especially in my shoulder, I made rotating motions. However, Ayoe wanted me to stop.

"(Stop doing that, it's distracting.)" She conveyed her displeasure. "(You are overreacting for what happened.)" She didn't look my way after this, as if wanting to disregard me as much as possible. Punishment? For whatever reason she did it, I had over things to complain about. And I did exactly that: disagreeing and arguing back.

"(You didn't have to throw me that hard, anyways.)" This was enough to break her self-imposed ignorance for my character, as she glared over her shoulder at me, displeased with the main emotion that was written on her face. "(So, you are the one in the wrong.)" She raised her eyebrows, making the difference in opinions obvious.

"(What is too hard is up for me to decide, Firin.)" she retorted with a scoff to my protest. But I wasn't about to let it slide, I feel like it shouldn't be up to her when dealing with someone who was physically inferior. I dislike admitting it, but it is mostly true, exceptions being Na'vi who have zero or near zero experience with fighting.

"(You don't have to be a bitch about it.)" I muttered under my breath. Ayoe shot me another of her almost trademark glares, her irritation palpable. "(Stop looking at me like that; you know it's true that you overreacted with the throw and not me with my arm!)" The tension escalated, and Ayoe exploded, yelling angrily.

"(Do you know me?!)" I flinched, not expecting that reaction from her, but at least I wasn't about to be physically assaulted again, so that was an upgrade for sure. But now I had the problem of an angry Na'vi girl in front of me, who I should calm down if my arm wasn't supposed to be the only body part hurt. But playing conversation poker in these situations was not as simple as I would hope it would be.

"(I think, but not that long.)" I replied, attempting to keep my composure and not blow my theoretical bluff, or something like that. I never got around to playing poker too much. I mean, which scientist lets a teenager play poker with them while they are drinking themselves into another world. But back to the problem at hand, Ayoe and her pissed state of mind.

"(Then don't assume things about the way I act, not after less than a day.)" she snapped back. I maintained a neutral expression outwardly, but inside, annoyance gnawed at me, at least I won this hand. I never liked these kinds of shouting matched, so I just stayed quiet, as not to throw oil into the fire that was now slowly dying after burning down a house. The remainder of the walk continued in silence, each step punctuated by unspoken tension, but finally only lasting a few more minutes, of that, I was sure.

I looked around and was able to see some Ilu's below us swimming out and about. Max once told me about them, but back then I cared little about the wildlife on Pandora. A shame really, but now I couldn't change it. Some of the Ilu's even watched some other villagers with interest, sticking their elongated heads out of the water, staying in place. I seemed to have stopped walking, as I was suddenly pulled along by a hand around my wrist.

"(Stop daydreaming, we have things to do.)" Ayoe disregarded my interest, not even giving me a singular look. I felt like a child that was misbehaving and was now punished by having to hold onto their parents' hand, so as not to stroll off again. I guess you could apply this principle here too.

Arriving at the Marui pod the others would now call their home, it was evident that the rest of my family were still in the process of unpacking and setting up their own, if little, spaces. The interior of the Marui was surprisingly spacious, providing ample room for everyone. My youngest sister, Tuk, was the first to notice Ayoe pulling me along.

"(Firin!)" she exclaimed, bouncing closer to the floor, that was made the same way the walls and the walkways outside were made, woven by some sort of fabric, what exactly I was unsure. Ayoe quickly released my hand, before anyone could even turn their heads to look at us, adopting a defensive posture with crossed arms, seemingly having put the annoyed mask back on. Tuk, undeterred, jumped up with wide arms, embracing me. Despite the lingering sting from Ayoe's throw, I reciprocated, spinning her around once before gently setting her down. Even if she makes you as annoyed as Ayoe wanted to look right now, did my little sister mean well. Tuk held onto me, and the others gathered around, or at least turned to look at the commotion at the door opening end of the inside.

"(Firin.)" Neytiri echoed her daughter, embracing me in a sideways hug. As they let go, I noticed Lo'ak snickering, which was earning him a subtle elbow from the eldest of us, the Sully children, Neteyam.

"(I wanted to get my stuff; you seem to have been kind enough to take it with you.)" I casually remarked to no one in particular, just stating the intention of my visit. I would rather have it not be one, but the circumstances had my hands tied for another reality, being separated just like before. Back then it was the science laboratory and now it was a private Marui.

"(Why don't you introduce us to your new girlfriend?)" Lo'ak teased whilst having his classic dumb grin smeared across his face. He protected himself from another disciplinary attack from his older brother for saying that remark out loud.

The reactions varied from person to person. Jake shook his head, ignoring the comment from the teenage boy. Neytiri sighed lightly, but also unaffected by it. Tuk giggled like her older brother had whilst giving his rather unfunny remark, still holding onto my hand. One reaction that differed from the general consensus of just going with it was Kiri, whose eyes shifted between Ayoe and me a few times, a wave of doubt washed over her concerned face and it left behind a mix of her neutral and happy self. Her lips were slightly curved up. So maybe her reaction was not too different in the end.

Ayoe rolled her eyes, which was seemingly the reason why Kiri had reacted that way in the start. She maintained her crossed arms and leaned on the side of our entrance, as best as she could with how it was shaped, waiting for me to finish. It was certainly not designed for that usage, but when had that stopped people from using things like that? I only smiled lightly; it had a mild nature to it, so why overreact like a certain someone might have.

"(Very funny, Lo'ak. Why don't you become a comedian?)" I ruffled Tuks hair with my free hand, paying no more mind to Lo'ak and expectantly looked at my dad "(Where did you put my things?)"

"(There.)" Jake pointed in a seemingly random direction. With my quick scan I was able to see the small area I was supposed to have in here, where a box and a bag found themselves untouched by the other 6 Na'vi who had rigorously unpacked their own things, spreading their possessions' influence across most of the floor. My things not being touched was for the better, as I do not wish for any of them to scramble through my private belongings. I mean, not that there is anything to hide, but privacy from time to time is still very nice. Especially with nosey siblings, who wake you up in your private room, from nowhere.

"(Thanks, dad.)" I stepped in the direction he had pointed, passing my two brothers who sat in the way. When I got close to them, I gave Lo'ak back some smack, like he liked to give out. "(And you got yourself a girlfriend as well, right?)" He gave a confused look. I turned around, giving him no more of my attention as I had reached my things. "(Not five minutes in new territory and already leaving a mark with the Olo'eyktans daughter.)"

Laughter was heard throughout the Marui pod my family now called home, as Lo'ak threw his arms up in complaint. I gave him a toothy grin and went to pick up my stuff, stacking the bag on the box and holding it with my hands beneath it. Each step closer to the exit the eyes that followed me got more confused, as the laughter quickly died out.

"(Where are you going?)" Kiri asked sitting up straight from her previously relaxed position. She asked the question that was written across all their faces, except Ayoe of course, who had finally relaxed her face muscles. Now she looks approachable and not someone who, when disturbed, was going to kill you. I paused and remembered one point. They didn't know I wasn't going to live with them, my mood dampened again, falling from the height it was only a few seconds prior.

"(Tonowari and Ronal decided it would be best if I lived further outside of the village.)" I answered with as little as possible grudge against the mated pair, as my now sour mood allowed me to.

"(What?!)" Kiri jumped up "(Why?)" She wasn't the only one in shock or confusion, pretty much everyone was. So she spoke for the other Sullys for a second time in a row. I gave them further explanation as Kiri had requested for obvious reasons. It was a thing you wouldn't expect to hear in their situation.

"(They both think I would cause too much trouble if the people saw me too much.)" Kiri again defended me, which I found quite cute, but it was useless, as Tonowari nor Ronal were present to hear the teenage girl complain about their decisions.

"(That's so wrong! You wouldn't do that!)" She further exclaimed, stating the obvious. This was enough shouting for my father to intercept the bundle of undirected energy.

"(Kiri, tone it down, we all feel the same, but there is no need to react that way.)" He said in his calm and ever-wise voice. He sure was one hell of a philosopher, but I guess that can happen when you have a military background with death all around you to being shot into space, sleeping for 7 years straight and then 'betraying' humankind to lead the Omatikaya Clan for the greater good of ethics and whatnot. Also to bang alien chicks, but I am sure that was not his main objective, or that is what I am telling myself at least. Ayoe pushed herself from her idle position, having had enough of only observing the situation from the outside and gave her side to the story.

"(I mean they do have a point; he can be a threat to himself with that big mouth of his.)" She mirrored the deeper voice of Jake with her own light one, maybe only the tone of it, but the intentions were clear. Stating a fact and teasing me like my brother had done.

"(Shut up, will you?)" I responded to stop her from gaining any base of acknowledgement from my family, which seemed to backfire as she only gave a 'told you so'-look to my family, whose faces remained neutral. It was better than them having some sort of negative reaction, but still. "(I don't like it either, but we have to live with it.)" It was true, but not the wanted outcome of course. The attention still seemed to shift toward the girl at the opening of the Marui, which started with a question from Kiri. For some reason she was more invested than usual when it came to family affairs if you want to label it that way. It was like she was following her own little agenda, that no one else knew about.

"(And you?)" Kiri asked Ayoe, eying her up like a boxer would his opponent. Why would she do that though? I guess I am again not catching something obvious. "(Where will you stay, when you are to protect him even at night?)" And Kiri seemed to as well, not putting two and two together herself for an obvious answer. The older girl gave her a deadpanned face, which was understandable. I shifted the weight of my belongings in my hand to balance the muscular stress out, holding it for this long, combined with the way I still have to carry it could make it a bit exhausting, but nothing I was unable to overcome.

"(I think you know that yourself.)" She left a short pause, waiting to see if anyone had a response and when none came added one more sentence. "(We will stay there together.)" Kiris' eyes bugged out of her face.

"(Alone? You two?)" Kiri asked, not sure if she agreed with the entire thing, or at least that is what I thought her expression meant. I wasn't the only one with questions about her behavior as my mother stepped into the conversation.

"(Kiri, are you okay?)" Neytiri asked with concern only a mother could produce. Not from the amount, but the way it came across. "(You are acting weird.)" The girl in question's head snapped in the direction of our mother and she responded with a typical sentence most would give in her situation.

"(I am perfectly fine.)" Everybody was quiet again. The waves hit the beach with a soft crash in the background. Neytiri seemed unsatisfied with the answer but didn't dwell on it. Kiri turned back to me and Ayoe, giving her a quick glare and then doing the same to me. "(Go, Firin, why don't you?)" I gave her a confused face. Why was she mad at me now? A sigh from Jake confirmed that I wasn't the only one who was confused. It seemed to be a trend right now to share the same emotions about certain people, but whatever.

"(Just go, we will be fine here, but come back later on, okay?)" He spoke. I nodded and headed out of the way I had come a bit ago. Ayoe quickly fell in beside me, giving me a short look.

"(Do you need help with that?)" I raised my eyebrows, creating eye contact between us.

"(No thank you, I am perfectly able to carry my own luggage just fine, no need for you to play the hero.)" She lightly shook her head and we both kept quiet for the rest of the trip after one last comment was murmured across my bodyguards' lips.

"(You don't have to be a bitch about it.)" I exhaled; this was going oh so great so far. But hey, my arm had stopped hurting some while ago, during the little family reunion. So not everything was going downhill.

I think the next chapter could be out before Christmas, as it is almost completely done with the story part at least. It only needs to be rewritten to match the standards we all grew to love from my stories. I hope you still like everything as it is, and if so, feel free to vote, as it massively helps me out. If you want to, you could even write me a comment, I will respond haha. Anyways, I am yapping for way to long already, have a good one.
Best wishes from your truly, Nigasaradude (the dude with no hobbies)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.2K 519 21
a continuation of the love story between a forest boy and a reef girl. ───── ⋆۰ 𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 ⋅⋆ ───── • based off the movie Avatar: The Way of Water •...
92.2K 3K 38
- Jake Sully X Reader (Avatar The Way of Water Fan-Fiction) - |Avatar Franchise| - Single Book - After losing Neytiri in battle against the resurfa...
155K 4.7K 55
'You made me realize that I should be proud of the person I have become,' 🫧- Ngalu was a lost soul, not knowing who she was anymore. Lo'ak was a lo...
60.9K 1.6K 26
- Jake Sully X Reader (Avatar Fan-Fiction) - |Avatar Franchise| - Book 2 - Following the events of the first story, Jake and Y/n are married and mat...