The Next World Monarch

Από JohtoAmour64

10 years have passed since Ash Ketchum became the World Monarch. There have been many challengers that have t... Περισσότερα

Chapter 1: Jaydin Silver
Chapter 2: Seven Years Later
Chapter 4: Lumiose City
Chapter 5: Jaydin vs Clemont
Chapter 6: Leaving Kalos
Chapter 7: Aloha to the Alola
Chapter 8: Enrollment
Chapter 9: The Start of Something New
Chapter 10: School Escapades
Chapter 11: Proclamation for Examination
Chapter 12: Is This a Date?!
Chapter 13: Jaydin's Secret
Chapter 14: Field Trip to Paldea
Chapter 15: Gotta Catch a Paldea Pokemon!
Chapter 16: Midterm Mayhem
Chapter 17: Shadow
Chapter 18: A Birthday Worth Celebrating
Chapter 19: Aether Foundation Grand Prix
Chapter 20: Round I
Chapter 21: Round II
Chapter 22: The Finals

Chapter 3: Mega Evolution

283 10 3
Από JohtoAmour64

Jaydin slowly opened his eyes, but saw that it wasn't the room he was staying at. He was standing in the middle of the park that he frequented when he was 5. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary at first, but that all changed when he heard a familiar voice.

"Hey Haisha" the voice said.

Jaydin started to shake as he turned around. He saw Jacob and his friends looking at him with wicked grins.

"Back again for another beating I'm assuming" Jacob said as he cracked his knuckles.

Jaydin started to back up. He felt something against his back. He assumed it was probably Zoroark or one of his other Pokémon. However when he turned to look at who it was, his breath stopped. His Uncle looked down at him with an evil smile.

"Un...Uncle Robert?" Jaydin whispered with fear.

"You gonna run away? You really are a worthless bastard" he said as he started to move.

Robert grabbed Jaydin and held him in a death grip so he wouldn't be able to move.

"L-Let me go!" Jaydin begged.

"Why would I do that? You're due for a good beating to remember your place in this world" Robert said.

Jaydin kept trying to get out of his uncle's grip, but to no avail.

"Zoroark! Anyone! Please help me!!" Jaydin cried out.

"They're not here. You're all alone" Robert taunted. He looked at Jacob and his friends. "Show him how weak he really is."

Jacob and his friends slowly walked towards Jaydin with wicked smiles on their faces.

"Weaklings like you...should be put to sleep" he said as his face became more demonic like. "You will always be...Haisha!" He yelled as he and his friends swung their fists towards Jaydin.

Jaydin's eyes shot open and was about to let out a scream but his mouth was quickly covered by Zoroark's claws. She then pulled him closer to her and held him tightly in her arms. Jaydin's body kept shaking violently as Zoroark held him.

"Get his pills! They're in the top pocket in his backpack!" Zoroark instructed.

"I'm on it!" Audino said as she raced towards his bag.

"Greninja, get water for the pills!" Zoroark said.

"Right!" She said as she raced towards the bathroom sink to fill up a cup of water.

"Togekiss, with me!" Zoroark said.

"Got it!" Togekiss said. She flew up and embraced Jaydin from behind.

"Marshadow! Duraludon! Make sure no one else interferes until he's calmed down!" Zoroark said.

Marshadow and Duraludon nodded. They stood outside the door to make sure no one would come by.

Audino and Greninja returned with pills and some water.

"Jaydin! Jaydin! Take your pills okay? They'll help calm you down okay?" Zoroark said to her partner.

The four Pokémon worked together to successfully give Jaydin his pills to calm down. After about ten minutes had gone by Jaydin finally settled down.

"I'm so sorry...I couldn't stop...!" Jaydin said through his tears.

All of his Pokémon engulfed him in a group hug.

"You don't have anything to be sorry about" Togekiss said.

"We're always gonna be here for you" Marshadow said.

"We all love you very much Jaydin" Audino said.

"You help us all the time, so we'll always do the same for you" Duraludon said.

"We're your loving family, we'll always be here to love and support you" Greninja said.

Zoroark didn't say anything, she just continued to hold Jaydin tightly.

After fully calming down, they all got ready for the day. After recalling almost everyone and getting a quick morning checkup, Jaydin returned the key to his room back to Nurse Joy. He and Zoroark left the building and headed towards the Tower of Mastery. A few girls stared at him with light blushes, however Jaydin didn't notice. Zoroark kept glancing at him with concern on her face.

'I know mornings like this happen a lot but it's still so hard to bare seeing him like that...' she thought to herself.

Honestly, what could she even do? What could any of them even do? The extent of Jaydin's trauma is practically beyond comprehension to them. Sure they know what he went through but they still haven't fully understood the experience of it. The only one close enough to understand it was Zoroark, but with her also dealing with her own personal trauma, makes helping each other that much more difficult. Right now, all they could do was just to be there when they needed to be.

Eventually the duo reached the shoreline that led to the tower. Jaydin let out Audino.

"You ready to do this Audino?" Jaydin asked.

"I'm ready!" She said with determination.

Jaydin nodded. The three walked towards the front door of the tower. Before Jaydin could grab the handle, the door opened on its own. The three walked inside and were met by two people. Korrina was on the right while an older man was on the left.

"Morning Jaydin, sleep well?" Korrina asked innocently.

"Yeah...definitely..." Jaydin said while forcing a convincing smile.

The man stepped forward.

"So you're the kid my granddaughter told me was interested in acquiring Mega Evolution?"

"Yeah, my name's Jaydin. These are my partners Zoroark and Audino" he said while gesturing to Zoroark and Audino.

Audino did a respectable bow while Zoroark simply nodded her head.

"A pleasure. My name is Gurkinn, I am the overseer of the Tower of Mastery" he said.

The two shook hands. Gurkinn's Lucario approached Audino.

"Your Audino is the one who wishes to undergo Mega Evolution, correct?" Gurkinn asked.

"Yes sir" Jaydin said with a nod.

"Very well. Follow me then" Gurkinn said.

Korrina gestured Jaydin and the others to follow her. The three looked at each other and followed her. They went into a cylinder shaped structure in the middle of the chamber. Once they were all inside, the inside started to glow.

"What's going on?" Jaydin asked.

Before an answer could be given, the glowing stopped. The door suddenly opened, revealing that they were now inside a cave containing crystals.

"Where...are we?" Jaydin asked.

"This is a cave that is widely known to harbor thousands of Mega Stones. Normally it would take a long time to reach this deep into the cave, but recently we've been able to simply teleport to a marked location that was put in place" Gurkinn explained.

"Woah, who managed to do that?" Jaydin asked.

"The only man who could! The world renowned inventor Clemont!" Korrina said with excitement while also blushing. "Plus it helps when it's his girlfriend asking" she added with a giggle.

"Huh, I guess science really is amazing then" Jaydin said to himself while looking at all the crystals on the walls.

Korrina heard that and chuckled. "You're not the only one who thinks that."

Jaydin turned to her with a confused look. "What do you mean?"

Korrina waved her hand. "Oh nothing."

Gerkinn cleared his throat. "Now then, from here on it's up to you and your Audino to find what you seek."

"How come? You guys aren't coming?" Jaydin said.

"This trial is for you to undertake, we have no part in it other than to guide you to the start of it" Gerkinn explained.

"But we will come rushing to help if it comes to that" Korrina added.

Jaydin looked at Audino and Zoroark. All of them nodded.

"Alright, I guess the three of us can handle it" Jaydin said.

"Three of you? Are there two Pokémon you want to Mega Evolve?" Gerkinn asked with confusion.

"No, just Audino. I say three because Zoroark will be there with us too" Jaydin answered.

"You can't bring an ineligible Mega Evolution Pokemon with you, it's against the rules of the trial. Your Zoroark will need to be recalled before you start the trial" Gerkinn explained.

The three lightly gasped at the revelation. Zoroark started to grow anxious.

"Actually sir, Zoroark is extremely adamant about going into her ball, so I always keep her out. She also gets severely anxious if she's away from me for too long" Jaydin explained.

"Then the trial will not happen" Gerkinn said as he closed his eyes.

"Grandpa?!" Korrina said with shock and slight anger.

"You know the rules Korrina, you and your Lucario faced it together, the same should be for everyone else" Gerkinn said to her.

"But shouldn't we make exceptions for cases like Jaydin's Zoroark? It wouldn't be fair to them!" Korrina argued.

"For heavens sake Korrina, you're in your 20s now! Stop acting like you're still a child!" Gerkinn countered.

Korrina was grunting in anger. She glanced to where Jaydin and his Pokémon were standing. She slyly smirked.

"I guess you're right grandpa, let's head back then" she said calmly.

"Good. Now Jaydin—" he started to say but stopped when he saw that Jaydin and his Pokémon weren't there anymore.

"Wha—?! Where did he go?!" Gerkinn asked with shock.

"Must've already started his trial. You did say we had no part in it other than to guide him to the start of it" Korrina said as she casually stretched her arms before walking off.

Gerkinn grunted loudly in frustration. He turned to his Lucario. "Lucario! We have to stop him before he gets too far in!"

Gerkinn's Lucario let out a sound. The two ran further into the cave. Korrina's Lucario suddenly appeared next to her.

"Guess we gotta rush in to help now huh" she said.

Her Lucario nodded. Memories of fighting Ash's Pikachu while out of control in its Mega Evolution form flashed in Lucario's mind. The two ran together after them.

Jaydin, Audino and Zoroark walked deeper into the cave scanning the walls for potential stones.

"I hope they won't be too mad that we left while they were still arguing" Jaydin said.

"Screw them! Not even the likes of Mewtwo will keep me away from you!" Zoroark growled as she latched herself onto Jaydin.

"With you that's not a figure of speech" Audino said with amusement.

"That's a figure of speech?" Zoroark genuinely asked.

"Aaand never mind"  Audino said with her eyes closed as she sweatdropped.

After more walking, they reached another tunnel that was dimly lit on the other side. They walked through it, assuming this was where they needed to go. Once through it, they were now in a wide space with crystals coming out of the walls and the ground. They noticed a pedestal at the opposite end that housed a couple objects.

"Maybe that's it" Jaydin said.

"Only one way to find out" Zoroark said.

The three began to walk but stopped when they all sensed something coming. They looked up and saw a Blaziken falling towards them with a Blaze Kick ignited.

"Spread out!" Jaydin said.

The three jumped away right before Blaziken landed.

"He must be the trial we have to beat" Jaydin guessed. He looked at Zoroark. "Hang back Zoroark, me and Audino will take care of this."

Zoroark nodded. "I'll be here if you need me though."

Jaydin nodded. He refocused forward. "Let's do this Audino!"

"I'm ready!" She said as she took a battle stance.

Blaziken ran towards her as it's fists started to glow.

"Dodge and then use Fire Punch!" Jaydin said.

Audino swiftly maneuvered around Blaziken and punched it in its back.

"Dazzling Gleam while it's still stunned!" Jaydin said.

Audino glowed brightly and rammed into Blaziken on its back again.

"Use Psychic!" Jaydin said.

Audino held her hand out as her eyes glowed. Blaziken started to glow and floated into the air. With a wave of her hand, she flung Blaziken hard into the opposite wall.

Once the dust cloud cleared, it showed Blaziken sliding down with swirls for eyes.

"Oh" Audino said with slight surprised.

"Huh, imagine that" Zoroark said calmly.

"I think we overdid it" Jaydin said with a sweatdrop.

A bright light started glow behind them. The three turned around and saw the pedestal glowing.

"That's gotta be it" Jaydin said.

The three started to walk towards it.

"Stop!" A voice called out.

The three turned to see Gerkinn and his Lucario standing at the entrance.

"I will not allow this! You did not follow the rules and haven't defeated the guardian!" Gerkinn said.

His Lucario nudged him. He pointed at where Blaziken was laying motionless.

"You-, you defeated it already?!" Gerkinn asked with shock.

"Yeah, although I think me and Audino overdid it a little" Jaydin said as he scratched the back of his head.

Gerkinn was stunned. They weren't far behind Jaydin and his Pokemon. And even though Blaziken was one of his strongest Pokemon, this boy's Audino most likely beat it in less than a minute!

Korrina and her Lucario then entered. "Woah! It seems the party's over already."

"I promise sir, it was just me and Audino, Zoroark didn't battle at all" Jaydin assured him.

"Rules are rules" Gerkinn said firmly.

Korrina groaned as she pinched her nose with her fingers. 'This crap again..'

"I've had just about enough of this senile old geezer" Zoroark growled.

"Lucario, let's put a stop to this now!" Gerkinn said.

Gerkinn's Lucario let out a sound, but it didn't sound like an angry one. Nonetheless, it stepped forward. Gerkinn revealed his Key Stone. He placed his fingers on it.

"Lucario! Mega Evolve!" Gerkinn said.

Gerkinn's Lucario glowed as it transformed.

Zoroark was about to attack but Audino held her hand back.

"Don't worry Zoroark, I've got this" she said with a confident smile.

Zoroark nodded. She wished them luck.

"Use Bone Rush!" Gerkinn said.

Gerkinn's Lucario produced a bone staff. It charged forward.

"Use Dazzling Gleam!" Jaydin said.

Audino glowed and ran forward. Gerkinn's Lucario started to swing it's staff. Audino suddenly slid underneath it, causing the attack to miss. This shocked Korrina and her Lucario.

"Keep your current momentum and jump to use the walls to get behind it!" Jaydin said.

Audino did as she was told. Once in position, she launched herself from the wall she was on.

"Fire Punch!" Jaydin said with a fist.

Audino produced a fiery fist and swung it into Gerkinn's Lucario's back.

Gerkinn's Lucario grunted in pain. Said trainer was caught off guard by what just happened.

"Use Aura Sphere!" He said.

Gerkinn's Lucario turned around and threw an Aura Sphere at Audino.

"Throw it back!" Jaydin said.

Audino held her hands out. She grabbed onto the Aura Sphere and flung it back at Lucario, hitting it directly.

Everybody minus Jaydin, Zoroark and Audino were utterly shocked.

'It through the Aura Sphere back?! How is that even possible?! Just who is this kid?' Gerkinn said to himself.

Korrina stared in awe at Audino's move. She looked at Jaydin, but only saw Ash in his Kalos attire. She rubbed her eyes and opened them again, this time seeing Jaydin.

"Ash..." Korrina whispered to herself.

Gerkinn's Lucario seemed to be on its last legs.

"Let's end this Audino! Use Hyper Beam!" Jaydin said as he punched the ground.

Energy started to envelop Audino as she slowly opened her mouth. The energy began to get absorbed around her mouth. She fired the beam right at Lucario. It hit, causing an explosion and making everyone cover their eyes.

After it died down it showed Gerkinn's Lucario back to normal and on the ground motionless.

Jaydin and Audino sighed. Audino returned to Jaydin and jumped into his arms. Jaydin returned her hug as they both laughed.

Korrina smiled seeing the two interact. She saw her grandfather recalling Lucario.

"He beat you fair and square Grandpa, so please let him leave with his rewards" Korrina said in a serious tone.

Gerkinn took a deep breath. He looked at his Blaziken who was awake again. It looked at Gerkinn and nodded. Gerkinn rubbed his hand against his forehead.

"Fine" he said. He looked up at Jaydin. He was being engulfed by both Audino and Zoroark. He walked up to him.

The three noticed him approaching. Zoroark and Audino scowled at him.

"I will admit, I can be stubborn and maybe a little old fashioned...but I do know when to admit defeat."

Zoroark and Audino seemed to relax after hearing that.

"With that said, I will allow you to claim your reward" Gerkinn said.

Jaydin and the Pokemon beamed upon hearing this.

"Thank you sir!" Jaydin said.

Gerkinn gestured them to go up to the pedestal. Once there, the three saw a Key Stone and an Audinite positioned together. Jaydin took the items.

"We did it!" "We did it!" The three cheered.

"Congrats you guys!" Korrina said as she came up to them.

"Thanks Korrina, we owe you a lot" Jaydin said.

Korrina smiled with a light blush. Her Lucario walked up to Audino. He nodded while saying good luck.

They all returned back to the tower. Once outside it was mid afternoon.

"How bout we try it out now Audino?" Jaydin said.

Audino nodded. Before they could however, Korrina got in between them.

"Now hold on there, before you two do anything else, I'd like to borrow your Key Stone, left glove and the Audinite please."

"What for?" Jaydin asked.

"So they can be easily accessed when you need to Mega Evolve. Plus it makes a great fashion accessory" Korrina explained while showing off her Mega Glove and her Lucario's arm band.

"It's kind of her thing" Gerkinn said.

"Well, alright then" Jaydin said as he handed the items to her.

"Thanks! I promise I'll give them back in the morning" Korrina said.

Jaydin nodded. He suddenly got an idea.

"Korrina, I need a favor" he said.

"What is it?" She asked.

Jaydin went up and whispered something into her ear. Korrina smiled with excitement upon hearing his favor.

"Leave it to me!" She said with a thumbs up.

With that, they all split up. Jaydin decided to treat his Pokemon to a restaurant dinner. He secured a table outside and ordered everyone's foods.

"Hey, what was the thing you whispered into Korrina's ear earlier?" Zoroark asked.

"I don't know what you're talking about" Jaydin teased.

Zoroark looked at him with confusion. The other Pokemon were congratulating Audino on her victory.

After dinner Jaydin rented another room at the Pokemon Center for the night. Morning eventually came. Thankfully Jaydin did not have a severe episode like the one from yesterday.

After breakfast and returning the room key Jaydin and Zoroark went back to the gym where Korrina told them to be. Once inside they saw Korrina in the center facing away from them. Once they entered the battlefield area Jaydin let out Audino.

Korrina suddenly turned around and held out something in her hand. It turned out to be Jaydin's left fingerless glove, only now with a Key Stone added to it.

"Ta da! It's your key stone glove!" Korrina said.

Jaydin took it and put it on. "It fits perfectly, thanks!"

Korrina turned to Audino. "And for you..." She held out something in her other hand. "Ta da!"

It was a red ribbon with a red Chrysanthemum flower attached to it that housed her Audinite.

Audino gasped with watery eyes.

"Jaydin told me your favorite flower is a red Chrysanthemum, so he asked me if I could make it for your Mega Stone" Korrina explained.

Audino looked back at Jaydin, who simply smiled at her.

'He...he remembered something as small as that...?!' She thought to herself as her tears slowly fell.

She ran up and tearfully hugged him.

"I love you Jaydin!" She said as she continued to cry happy tears.

"Love you too buddy" Jaydin said as he hugged her.

Zoroark placed her claws over her heart. She smiled softly at seeing him make Audino so happy over something like this. It made her tear up a little bit as well.

After the hug, Jaydin helped fasten the ribbon around Audino's neck.

"So cute!" Korrina squealed.

"Does it fit okay? Not too tight?" Jaydin asked.

"It's perfect" Audino said with a blushing smile.

"Well let's give it a go now shall we?" Korrina said.

Jaydin and Audino walked into the middle of the battlefield. They closed their eyes and took a breath. Jaydin placed his fingers on his key stone. It began to glow.

"Let our bond become our power! Audino, Mega Evolve!" Jaydin said as he raised his arm in the air.

Audino let out a battle cry as she became enveloped in light. After the transformation finished, Mega Audino appeared.

Everyone was super excited, Zoroark even having sparkles in her eyes.

"We did it!" Jaydin said as he ran up to Audino.

"Thank you so much Jaydin! Thank you...!" Audino said with tears again.

"Make sure you guys continue to grow your bond together, then you'll be much more unstoppable" Korrina said with a wink and a thumbs up.

"We will!" Jaydin said.

Audino reverted back to normal. After that they all left the gym.

"So where are you headed next?" Korrina asked.

"Back to Lumiose City for my last badge" Jaydin said.

"So your final match is with my boyfriend eh? Well I wish you personal luck then" Korrina said with a blush.

"Um...thanks I guess?" Jaydin said while tilting his head in confusion.

Zoroark and Audino looked at each other and lightly chuckled.

"Still a little dense I guess" Audino said.

"He's making progress though" Zoroark said.

Jaydin recalled Audino and started to leave Shalour City with Zoroark.

Korrina watched them leave with Lucario next to her.

"You saw it too right Lucario?" She said while still observing Jaydin walking.

Lucario nodded and made a noise of confirmation.

A see through image of Kalos Ash and Pikachu walked alongside Jaydin and Zoroark.

"The World Monarch might meet his match in the future" she said.

Jaydin and Zoroark started to run together as they both smiled.

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

1.1M 44.4K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
9.8K 158 10
"When everyone believes ya, what that like?" In which Arizona James makes it her mission to Be the first women to be drafted into the NHL. It all has...
39.3K 980 20
What if Naruto was adopted by the Uchiha clan after the Yondaimes death Should sasuke still be a avenger he was NaruHina
4K 128 12
seeing his mother die, got betrayed by the ones he called friends and the person he loved. Join Ash and his new friends in his journey across the Po...