[Virtual World] Cyber Abyss V...

By SolemnGravity

Featured as part of Wattpad Picks under VR Worlds @wattpadexplorer The Kingdom of new Tokyo. The kingdom... More

About the Story
Copyright
Japanese Terminologies
Chapter 1 - Cyber Encounter
Chapter 1 Part 2
Chapter 1 Part 3
Chapter 1 Part 4
Chapter 1 Part 5
Chapter 2 - Cyber Flames
Chapter 2 Part 2
Chapter 3 - Cyber Training
Chapter 3 Part 2
Chapter 3 Part 3
Chapter 4 - Cyber Marriage
Chapter 4 Part 2
Chapter 4 Part 3
Chapter 5 - Cyber Rivalry
Chapter 5 Part 2
Chapter 5 Part 3
Chapter 6 - Cyber SPEAR
Chapter 6 Part 2
Side Story 1 - His Abilities
Chapter 7 - Cyber Terrorists
Chapter 7 Part 2
Chapter 7 Part 3
Chapter 7 Part 4
Chapter 7 Part 5
Chapter 8 - Cyber Prophecy
Chapter 8 Part 2
Chapter 8 Part 3
Chapter 9 - Cyber Field
Chapter 9 Part 2
Chapter 9 Part 3
Chapter 10 Part 2
Chapter 10 Part 3
Epilogue
Author's Note
Side Story 2 - A Gift
A Little Piece of History Part 1
A Little Piece of History Part 2
Announcement!
Another Announcement

Chapter 10 - Cyber Skies

2K 132 22
By SolemnGravity

1.10.1---------------------------------------------

Four members of SPEAR were flying across the skies of new Tokyo, with Lancelot Lancaster leading the way.

They were soaring the skies, standing at the center on each of their own golden spears like somebody who was surfing on a surfboard. But even if Lancelot was riding in his own spear, he was also carrying a spare spear in his arms.

Then, another small screen containing green lines of sound waves popped out in each of them. Floating in their front, the Radio Panel appeared in their side as form of their wireless communication to their information specialist.

"This is Sakura reporting. According to SSS, Allen-sama is approximately heading north east of new Tokyo, riding a Corvidae, a B Class crow-like champion beast that can produce large tornados by swinging its massive wings. Killing this beast first may increase our chance of capturing Allen-sama."

"Roger that!" The whole SPEAR answered.

"Ummm, Lancelot-san..." Another digital radio screen appeared in front of Lancelot Lancaster.

"What is it, Yosuke-kun?"

"Did many girls said that you were so cool surfing like this?"

"Well, many said so."

"Don't tell me you believed them!"

"Yosuke-kun, what was that supposed to mean?!"

"You guys be serious about this! We're in a mission!" Another angry radio screen appeared in front of Yosuke and his blonde superior.

"But Cornelia-chan, it was Yosuke-kun's..."

"Just shut up, Lance-kun!"

-----+ Cyber Abyss Guide +-----

Spear Surfing was simply surfing in Lancelot's Lancaster's floating Golden Spears similar to surfing in a surfboard. Any person didn't need to master balancing as these floating spears were moving automatically whatever the direction the Spear Surfer wanted. Upon stepping on these spears, there was a magnetic force that was preventing the spear surfer to fall.

This was Haley Ambrosia's Auto-Balancing Censor Technology. A technology that was embedded in Lancelot Lancaster's Golden Spear to take his ability to the next level, making his floating spears appeared more like a flying vehicle.

It was one of Haley Ambrosia's infamous Modified Abilities.

-----+ End +-----

This was Yosuke Masuda's first mission as a member of SPEAR. This was also his first time to surf in the skies. Although he was frightened at first, he found out that spear surfing was essentially relaxing.

Cool breeze of air was blasting his body as if he was riding a motorcycle. It was the first time in his stinking life that Yosuke could look at the clouds so close to him and felt like he could easily grab them just by using his bare hands.

SPEAR then soared through the skies of Haley Ambrosia's flower field, overlooking the blue and white topped mountains from the sky. And from that same sky, Yosuke Masuda noticed that the flower field was like an ocean filled with flowers, waving at them as a wind blew up the entire place.

Due to their speed, the whole party managed to leave the flower field instantly, ascending over across the tallest skyscrapers of new Tokyo. From there on, Yosuke saw his usual everyday city, full of his typical vehicles and buildings with its citizens walking across the streets.

On the other hand, Sakura Miyamoto, who was contacting SPEAR through her laptop-shaped digital screen, had detected something in her end.

"This is Sakura reporting. Three snipers were detected targeting your positions. I'll send over their coordinates."

"What?! Snipers?! Where?!" Yosuke screamed as he swung his head left and right numerously.

"Don't panic, Yosuke-kun." Lancelot insisted. "This will be a piece of cake to Cornelia-chan."

"Eh?!"

As Cornelia Penelope received the enemy's coordinates in her screen menu, she immediately drew the weapon equipment on her back and aimed it at the snipers. Her weapon had a long barrel that was shaped like a sword's blade with the trigger within its handle. It was a weapon that was the hybrid of a gun and a sword, which was being specialized by the Gun Blade Clan.

The three snipers were located in three different skyscrapers more than several meters away from each other. However, these snipers were already in prone position. They were wielding a long-barreled sniper rifle that was actually longer than them. But from the start, their eyes were already behind their rifle's scope as they were already anticipating their moving targets.

In just a few seconds, the snipers already noticed SPEAR's presence. They quickly positioned their index finger on their gun's trigger and upon locking out their target, all snipers launched a barrage of piercing bullets in SPEAR's direction.

"!"

As bullets rained down on SPEAR, Yosuke Masuda realized that he was probably the only one who couldn't keep up with the enemies' assault. He didn't have the skill or experience to do such feat. It probably wouldn't matter for the rest of SPEAR, but for him, he could only saw those bullets piercing his body.

However, he heard some words coming from his mate.

"Slow Down Barrier..."

Despite their foe's efforts, the attempted assault of bullets was only in vain as Innes Uria suddenly cast a large white-colored circular barrier surrounding all the members of SPEAR.

"Huh?"

Upon penetrating the white barrier, Yosuke noticed that the mana bullets from the snipers were just moving straight to them in a slow motion. It was so slow that the janitor boy could actually see the slowed bullet's actual appearance upon crossing the barrier. This moved alone by SPEAR ultimately messed up the sniper's calculated precision, making it so much easier to avoid the attack.

Yosuke's eyes were transfixed in amazement. He didn't know that his senpai, Innes Uria, could actually do something like this until now. SPEAR's support ability specialist just showed him one of the best defenses this kingdom had to offer.

However, that amazement grew even more at what he had witnessed next.

"!"

Two of the snipers were already down cold. Yosuke didn't even realize it until he took a look himself.

It was the accuracy and agility of Cornelia Penelope.

The white-haired girl then raised her Gun Blade once again using her right arm. A digital box appeared above the gun's trigger that had a cross cursor which was similar to a rifle's scope. But, it only took Cornelia less than half a second before she sniped and eliminated the last sniper by firing a single mana bullet.

"Honestly, these amateurs didn't even put out a fight!" Cornelia angrily stated.

"See, scared-but-cute Yosuke-kun? Teamwork is at its best if we trust one another."

Yosuke felt useless after witnessing the level of the abilities his comrades could do. He now clearly knew who these people around him were. They were truly a first class group among their field. They were the hidden group called SPEAR, which was probably the best in the kingdom.

Yosuke was already wondering what Lancelot Lancaster could do because of his position as the leader of the group.

The janitor boy knew that his only worth probably in this mission was up to the new ability Haley Ambrosia gave to him.

---------------------------------------------

After SPEAR crossed the borders of new Tokyo, Yosuke saw the vast wilderness within the land territory of the kingdom. It was his first time to be out in the wild since he began school. It was also the first time he saw the actual world outside new Tokyo from the skies.

There, Yosuke saw a large herd of rhino-like beasts rushing all over a savanna grassland, producing dust that was covering the entire field. Stampeding all over the place, these beasts were running with all of their might, with their sharp pointed horns and their solid built body, crashing and killing other beasts that got in their way.

On the other side of his view, Yosuke spotted a white lion-like beast with two pairs of large teeth in front of its mouth, resembling to that of a saber tooth. The beast was drinking in a seemed to be treacherous river in that same savanna land. Though the lion beast was three times the size of normal lions which were usually seen in animal parks of new Tokyo.

But even though the lion-like beast was that huge, Yosuke became paled to his surprise as a much even larger piranha-like beast suddenly jumped out of the river, surprising the lion. Its mouth was so large that it actually swallowed the whole beast in just one bite, leaving the white lion beast no choice but to just accept its fate.

"You got to be kidding me..."

Upon witnessing these beasts roaming outside new Tokyo, Yosuke felt dismayed. An adventure in these territories would put an instant death flag in him.

But even if he was flying on top of these dangerous territories, the feeling of anxiety was still over his mind as they passed a large flock of giant birds, just meters away from them.

Then suddenly, each of SPEAR members in action received a voice call through their digital screen once again.

"This is Sakura reporting. A fifty-foot tall winged beast is headed straight to your position from 11 o'clock in three minutes approximately. It seems like the beast didn't have any elemental abilities. It will be a piece of cake for you, Lancelot-oniisan!"

"Roger that!" Lancelot replied.

Lancelot-san can beat those kinds of beasts?

Yosuke immediately realized that Lancelot Lancaster might be in an entirely different level than the rest of them. Well, his blonde superior had a flying golden spear which was one of the strangest abilities he had ever seen so far. Having a strange ability sometimes meant to be strong, at least for Yosuke. But the janitor boy felt relieve as there was someone like him in their party.

Few minutes had passed and they already noticed the reported winged beast, slowly getting closer to them.

At first, Yosuke thought that the beast was just the same size as that giant turtle he had killed earlier this day. But then, he just realized that the winged beast was still far from them. As the beast cut some distance to the crew, there, they had grasped the actual size of the winged beast.

It was a giant eagle-like beast with brown thick feathers all around its body, soaring in the sky and staring at them from the start. It was several times the size of the beasts that were summoned in the kingdom. Its pair of wings was so huge that it might be able to crush an entire building just by flapping it.

Yosuke just froze in his feet, standing on the spear he was riding. He was terrified as usual. Looking at the giant winged beast, the SPEAR's newbie became aware that the monster in the sky was large enough to swallow all of them at once just by only opening its huge beak.

Yosuke then looked at his fellow companions and to his surprise, they were composed and calm, watching the eagle beast as it grew bigger and closer to them. It felt like the winged beast's presence was not a concern for them. He realized that he was the only one among SPEAR that were panicking about their situation.

The janitor boy then heard a loud slash-like sound in front of him.

"!"

When he looked back at the beast, he suddenly gaped.

The winged creature was already dropping down in the air, with its body cut in half. Its body then began to disintegrate, slowly becoming red digital dust as it was disappearing in thin air.

Yosuke then noticed his blonde superior, putting back his Golden Spear on his side.

After that, the inexperience newbie displayed a face full of amazement.

This was Lancelot Lancaster. Cutting a beast as easy as what he had displayed earlier proved his strength to the janitor boy. A strength that could grab one of the seats of the strongest in new Tokyo.

This feeling... This is like fighting alongside Hilliard-niisan again... Yosuke muttered as they continued to soar in the skies.

---------------------------------------------

However, just a few kilometers from SPEAR, a man was sitting on top of a black winged beast that flying across the land territories of new Tokyo.

It was Allen Ambrosia.

Allen was just sitting behind the nape of a crow-like beast calmly like he was enjoying his ride in the skies, even though he knew SPEAR was pursuing him. Although he was looking above for no reason, he was talking to someone in his screen menu.

"Allen-kun, why did you confront Lancelot Lancaster? Avoiding him might be much easier for you to escape."

"Aside from my father and his peers, Lancelot-kun's the only one here that can mess up my plan. I thought I can kill him easily, but that brat became stronger than I expected."

"You sure are underestimating them, Allen-kun. I heard there's a council in this kingdom that's controlling the whole military force in new Tokyo. Two of them are you and that Lancelot-kid, right?"

"Honestly, they're nothing special, really. With this black ability you gave me, it will be only a matter of time before I could perfectly execute my plans."

However, in the middle of their conversation, a notification alert showed up in front of Allen Ambrosia.

"Hmmm... It seems like SPEAR is catching up to me. I'm gonna hang up and have some fun." Allen stretched his arms. "I'll just conduct a little experiment on my new ability. See ya... Mother."

Immediately after he cut his connection, Allen Ambrosia moved out.

Using the tip of his index finger that were shining in bright gold light, Allen drew three circular summon seals with numbers 2, 3 and 4 on the winged beast's body. And by touching it, bright white lights that were immediately materialized into three smaller crow-like beasts were summoned just behind his back. But, it seemed like the beasts were covered by shadow-like liquid all over its bodies.

In the midst of his journey in the sky, Allen Ambrosia stood up, accessing his Inventory Panel in his screen menu and withdrew a wide black coat.

It was an Invisibility Cloak. A cloak that was commonly used by magicians and tricksters in this world.

The cloak was wide enough to cover the newly summoned beasts on the champion beast's back. And by using the cloak, Allen Ambrosia easily hid his crow-like creatures, making them invisible to the naked eye in an instant.

"Hehehe... I'm sure Lancelot-kun will like my little surprise for him..."

———————————-

Please don't forget to vote, comment and add this to your reading list if you like my story. It really means a lot for us authors.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60 9 3
This story takes place in an alternate universe of ours where everyone is summoned into another world. Join the protagonist as he ventures through a...
131 2 41
The world consists of far more than a few people, and far more than just what you see of them now. All characters have a past, a story, some piece of...
148K 6.5K 181
The gaming format «R.E.M. D.I.V.E» Rapid Eye Movement, Digital interface with Virtual Environments, often called «Dream Gaming». The world's leading...
4K 606 35
[COMPLETED] Life has been easy for Zoe. She names it, she gets it. Clothes? Done. Shoes? Done. But things that matter like freedom? Nah-uh. So when...