SERENDIPITY 「KJB」

By DaeyeoLION

"There I was again tonight Forcing laughter, faking smiles Same old tired, lonely place Walls of insincerity... More

Prologue
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6
Day 7
Day 8
Day 9
Day 10
Day 11
Day 12
Day 13
Day 14
Day 15
Day 16
Day 17
Day 18
Day 19
Day 20
Day 21
Day 22
Day 23
Day 24
Day 25
Day 26
Day 27
Day 28
Day 30 #FINAL
SPECIAL CHAPTER #1 : JUNG LEIA
SPECIAL CHAPTER #2 : HONG JOOCHAN & JANG AYA
SPECIAL CHAPTER #3 : KIM JIBEOM
SPECIAL CHAPTER #4 : CHOI SUNGYOON
SPECIAL CHAPTER #5 : THE LETTERS
SPECIAL CHAPTER #6 : KIM DONGHYUN & HA CHAERIN
SPECIAL CHAPTER #7 : BONG JAEHYUN & KIM HANNI
SPECIAL CHAPTER #8 : KIM AREUM
Epilogue

Day 29

18 8 1
By DaeyeoLION

Leia's storytelling
All Serendipity members are gathering at the airport because they are all going to return to Korea today. Finally, they are already at their Day 29, just another one day before Serendipity has finally ended, forever. Everyone is feeling a bit blue, at the same time, they are excited because they are going to return to their homeland.

*   *   *

Jibeom is looking a bit downcast today. It's all because of yesterday's moment. Jibeom was actually chatting with Chaerin after he entered the room after he kissed Leia.

-Last night's flashback-

"Bro! Thank you for the gift!" Joochan thanked Jibeom for the gift. Jibeom gave him some sets of acrylic paints and watercolours. It was always Joochan's dream to paint. Jibeom knew it from Leia that Joochan liked art. Now Joochan could use it as his hobby. Joochan was so happy about it.

Jibeom looked at his phone and he found that Chaerin messaged him.

Ha Chaerin :
Hey Jibeom :)
Are you still up?

Kim Jibeom :
Yes I am.

Ha Chaerin :
I wanna thank you for the gift
The dress is really pretty and it fits well with me
You really know what I like

Kim Jibeom :
I'm glad you like it.
Thanks to my daughter too, she helped me to choose the colour.

Ha Chaerin :
Awh
Areum is so considerate!

Kim Jibeom :
:)

Ha Chaerin :
Anyway
Do you have time?

Kim Jibeom :
Yeah I do.

Ha Chaerin :
I have something to tell you
I think I'll never get the chance to do this later
I'm telling this now so I won't regret it later

Kim Jibeom :
Sounds serious.

Ha Chaerin :
Let me just tell you the truth
I like you
I like you since the movie date
It's the first time I feel butterflies like this
I tried to like other members but felt like my heart was just sticking with you
I don't know what you feel about me
And I don't wanna know it now
I know this is seemingly impossible
Because I got the hint where your heart is actually leading to
No matter what happens, I won't regret my decision after this
Because I've already confessed my feelings for you

Kim Jibeom :
Chaerin...
I.. I never thought about that..
I'm speechless..
I don't have the answer for it...
I don't know how to react...

Ha Chaerin :
Of course you never thought about it
You don't have to answer it now
And I think it'll be less painful if I know the answer on Day 30
Because after that, we're strangers
So it's easy to push each other away, right?

Kim Jibeom :
Chaerin..
Are you... going to cut off contact with us after this?

Ha Chaerin :
Good night, Jibeom

Kim Jibeom :
Good night, Chaerin.

-End flashback-

Jibeom sighs. He never thinks that he can be liked by two people at the same time?! So it's true that Chaerin is actually.. keeping her feelings for him inside her heart?! He's having a dilemma.

"Appa.. are you okay?" Areum asks while looking at Jibeom who is just pondering.

"Oh.. yeah! Appa's okay" Jibeom says. Areum shakes her head.

"Appa is not okay. Appa is not like this usually" Areum says. Ow, he's caught red handed by his daughter again. Areum is good at observing him.

"No.. Appa is okay" Jibeom lies. Areum shakes her head.

"Appa is lying" Areum says.

*   *   *

Sungyoon's POV
Bomin gets to know that Sungyoon leaves early because he has his 2nd chemotherapy appointment. After the camp ends, Bomin comes to AMC to visit Sungyoon with his parents. It's his 2nd day of intense therapy. While at AMC, Bomin and his parents can see that Sungyoon looks pale with some wires connecting all over his body because of the chemo drugs. It's the first time Bomin and his family see Sungyoon's doing chemotherapy.

"Have Leia know about this?" Bomin's mother asks.

"Yes she knew it" Sungyoon says.

"Is it painful, hyung?" Bomin asks.

"It feels... uncomfortable" Sungyoon replies.

"Poor you, Sungyoon.. you're indeed a strong man.." Bomin's mother says while handing him a lunch box that she prepared for Sungyoon. Sungyoon laughs and thanks Ahjumma for the lunch box.

"Ahjumma.. do you know.." Sungyoon begins to tell the Choi family that he met his real mother and her husband yesterday. He told everything about it, including about to inherit his wealth to Leia.

"Sungyoon.. have you thought about this? What if you're really going to recover?" Bomin's father asks.

"I have no regrets no matter what future holds for me. Leia will still get benefits from both circumstances.." Sungyoon smiles.

"Hyung, are you... feeling hopeless? Even at this time, you can only think about Leia?" Bomin asks. Sungyoon smiles.

"I.. I just got to know from my oncologist this morning. My cancer has attacked to my liver. It has been slowly spreading to it. I have a low survival rate... that's.. that's the thing I don't wanna tell Leia... I don't want her to feel sad.." Sungyoon says.

"Sungyoon.." Bomin's mother feels sad to hear that. She holds Sungyoon's hand.

"Ahjumma, Ahjussi, Bomin.. whatever you hear today, whatever you see today, please.. please never tell Leia about it. Please.. please only say good things about my health to her.." Sungyoon says.

"But Sungyoon.. Leia will eventually know it later.." Bomin's father says.

"She will... but not now.. I want her to find out herself.. not by someone's telling her.." Sungyoon says. Everyone nods.

"Ahjumma, Ahjussi.. can I ask your help for something?" Sungyoon asks.

"What is it?" Bomin's parents reply.

*   *   *

Sungyoon asks Bomin's parents to shave his head completely. He states that he has started losing his hair a lot since the first chemo and his oral chemo drugs. Bomin's parents can see that some of Sungyoon's hair has gone bald so Bomin's father helps Sungyoon by shaving his head. Sungyoon has finally say goodbye to his hair long and beautiful hair. Now it's the 'new Sungyoon' encounter; the bald one.

"I still look good even if I'm bald, right?" Sungyoon asks. Everyone nods. Bomin's mother has already shed tears. She can't bear to see Sungyoon's changes. Every changes in him lately is always the bad one, so she can't hold it. Sungyoon is trying so hard to hold his tears. Bomin is too. Sungyoon is already even sadder with his health. But he's trying so hard not to show his sadness to everyone, especially Leia, so Leia can still have faith that he'll cure, but the main reason is of course, he doesn't want to see Leia being unhappy. Bomin's father smiles. Then, he takes the shaver and he shaves his hair right that instant, in front of Sungyoon.

"Ahjussi, what are you doing?" Sungyoon is shocked to see it.

"You're not alone in this battle, Sungyoon. You're like my son, and I'll do anything for my son" Bomin's father says while shaving his hair completely, as a sign of support for Sungyoon battling cancer. Sungyoon's tears spontaneously flows. He has been blessed and loved by the family. Bomin and his mother hug Sungyoon straightaway.

"Hyung, no matter what, you're my brother. You're a 'Choi' too, right?" Bomin says while hugging Sungyoon. Sungyoon giggles. He cries in happiness.

*   *   *

Jibeom's storytelling
Around 1pm, all Serendipity members has finally arrived to South Korea after 13 hours of flight. Finally, they are in their own homeland. They are having a bit jet lag since the time zone is changing drastically.

"Serendipity, I thank you all for the commitment you have for all of these time. Thank you so much for your good cooperation within this projects. I can finally say that Serendipity program is now unofficially ended. You'll not be having any activities anymore rather than for tomorrow's final choice day.  Please be aware of that.

As a representative for Master and all Serendipity staffs, thank you so much for trusting us to provide the best service for you. We wish you all good luck, not only for the final choice tomorrow, but for your future endeavours too. I think, we all can bid farewell now" one of the staffs of Serendipity says. All Serendipity members are thanking the staffs for the almost 30 days of their services. All Serendipity members are hugging with staffs, as well as each other and they are even exchanging their phone numbers among members, in case they are going to part ways after this, they can still contact each other.

After that, they are having lunch with each other before they are going part way with each other. While having lunch together, they are all reminiscing their first moment together until today.

"I can't believe that we're saying goodbye to each other from this project.." Jaehyun says.

"Ahh... I was hoping that today and tomorrow will never come" Hanni says.

"It makes me sad.." Aya says.

"I had fun to the fullest throughout this project.. thank you so much, everyone.." Donghyun says.

"Guys, please come to my cafe next month for the grand opening! We shall reunite again at my cafe! It's all on me!" Joochan says.

"Really?!" Leia asks. Joochan nods enthusiastically.

"We should have a visit!" Jaehyun says. They are all talking enthusiastically about Joochan's cafe and reunion they are going to make while Jibeom and Chaerin? They are all looking pretty downcasts.

"Jibeom, Chaerin.. are you okay?" Leia asks. Both Jibeom and Chaerin are looking at Leia.

"Oh.. yeah! Yeah.." Chaerin says. Jibeom put a fake smile and he nods.

"Are you guys okay? If we're going to have a reunion at Joochan's cafe next month?" Aya asks.

"Isn't reunion feels better after sometimes not meeting each other?" Chaerin asks.

"So.. you wanna meet later? I mean after a year?" Jaehyun asks.

"I'm just stating my opinion.." Chaerin says.

"Shall we do that?" Joochan asks.

"But.. you all are not going to cut off contact, right?" Hanni asks.

"Don't you dare to cut off contact between each other" Donghyun says.

"Promise?" Hanni shows a pinky finger to everyone. One by one, they make pinky promise with Hanni except for Chaerin.

"Chaerin?" Hanni looks at Chaerin. Everyone looks at Chaerin.

"Chaerin... are you... leaving us after this?" Donghyun asks.

"No.. I.." Chaerin is hesitant.

"Are you... perhaps.. unhappy with us?" Aya asks. Chaerin put a smile on her face. She gets up and makes a pinky promise with Hanni. After that, she takes all her stuffs.

"I'll be going first.." Chaerin smiles. She takes some money from her purse and she put it on the table. Everyone is just looking at her, clueless.

"Till we meet again" Chaerin says. She looks at Jibeom before she leaves. Everyone is just staring at her. The situation has become too tight.

*   *   *

Jibeom returns home with Areum after they return to South Korea. Jibeom and Areum are going to the Choi's house tomorrow for the final choice activity. Jibeom has already said to them, since they were the ones who made him to join since the first so they should be with him in the end too. The Choi's agree. At the same time, Jibeom is afraid too. He's afraid if he's going to choose wrongly since he has two people in his mind; Leia and Chaerin. While Jibeom is about to put Areum to sleep, Jibeom asks Areum.

"Areum.." Jibeom says.

"Hmm?" Areum replies.

"Who do you think is the best to be your mother other than omma?" Jibeom asks. Areum just looks at Jibeom with a blank expression.

"I don't know.." Areum says. Jibeom sighs.

"Why Appa?" Areum asks.

"I'm in dilemma.." Jibeom says.

"Appa is afraid?" Areum asks. Jibeom looks at Areum. He sighs.

"Kinda.." Jibeom says. Areum sighs.

"What do you think about Chaerin imo?" Jibeom asks Areum.

"Good! Pretty!" Areum replies.

"Is she good to you?" Jibeom asks. Areum nods.

"How about Leia imo?" Jibeom asks Areum.

"Good! Like my omma!" Areum says. Jibeom smiles.

"Choose the one you like the most" Areum says.

"Are you okay with that?" Jibeom asks Areum. Areum nods her head.

"If Appa is happy, Areum is happy too.." Areum says. Jibeom smiles. He doesn't even know who he likes the most. He likes Leia, at the same time, Chaerin makes him to doubt. He isn't sure with himself. But Areum's words help him a little. He wants to choose wisely, so Areum can be happy. At the same time, Areum wants him to choose wisely so he can be happy too. Areum is a bright girl. Even though she's just 3 years old but she's aware of her surroundings.

-To Be Continued-
✔️vote
✔️comment
✔️share

A/N :
"Day 30" will be updated tomorrow!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

707K 40.8K 79
Story by cutegir2002 ** A story about The CEO of Jeon Passion ent. Jeon Jungkook and his secretary Kim Taehyung. Two exactly opposite people, with tw...
286K 12.1K 63
25-year-old Han Jisung has been looking for his big break in the tech industry since the day he graduated with his Master's degree. Meanwhile, 27-yea...
356K 11K 47
Pairing: Gods!OT8 x !F!Reader Genre: romance, mystery, supernatural, angst, fluff, smut Summary: With no memory of who you were, you wake up in the...
173K 12.1K 70
🐥🐰 : Pure Fiction 🖤 __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ Story Description : "Don't look at me like that" Jungkook whispers panic...