Mr. Maddox (PlusSize/BWWM)

By Marxmxa

. . . . . While every other room was filled with your typical everyday school supplies, his was more of a pla... More

Prologue
1~
2~
3~
5 ~
6~
7~
8~
9~

4~

9.8K 396 52
By Marxmxa

A smile stretched across my face as I looked up to see my little brother sprawled out across the bed.

Rolling over onto my side I could still feel his small foot pushed into the arch of my back.

I was left sleep deprived after having been viciously attacked by my younger brothers sleep habits.

I groaned as I sat up, pulling the comforter off the bed, laughing as he sprung up like a cat. He sunk back into the bed curling up into a ball grabbing at the air, I tossed the comforter back into his body before getting ready to start my day.

The khaki skirt dug into my waist, seeing that it was many sizes too small. I slid on a hoodie wearing only a tank top beneath, before lacing my tired Nike running shoes. Although tedious, I enjoyed wearing the same boring uniform. It left no room for error, I didn't have to worry about others liking my style of clothing because we all wore the same thing.

It seemed that most mornings went by fast, while I was left trying to catch up. I didn't have much time to make a proper breakfast, so I threw some items into a blender and pored the contents of the smoothie into a cup. I think this was the reason I had so many failed attempts at a diet, most of the time having a smoothie only filled me up for less than 2% of my day. By lunch I'd be starving begging for a bite of a thin mint. Sad, I know.

I sighed, running my fingers through my braids occasionally wincing at the tightness. This was going to be it, my last year of high school. I don't know if I was expecting more, but where did the years go.

Most of my friends had cars, while I was apart of the unfortunate group of high schoolers whose parents couldn't afford the luxuries of life. Although I was thankful for the basic necessities it kind of sucked to always be the odd one out. I never want my kids to struggle, but I know damn well they won't be spoiled either. Everything they have, they'll be reminded of what it took to earn.

I sat on the passenger side, throwing my things in the back seat, as I waited patiently in traffic. After countless minutes we eventually made it to my high school, which was pretty big considering the stereotypes about Texas. I waved my mom goodbye, even though I could see her rolling her eyes from the window. That was probably the reason she never bought me a new skirt, she thought I'd loose some weight and it'll eventually fit.

The bell surprisingly rang, as I was climbing the stairs to my advocacy class to retrieve my new schedule. I walked into the classroom realizing my advocacy teacher was the same from last year. I sighed happily, glad I would see a familiar face of the family weekly.

I smiled while walking up to her desk and pulling out a pen to sign the roster.

"Hello Ms. Fleming"

"Oh sweetie call me Loya when it's just us," she said looking back down her papers.

I nodded slowly, trying to get accustomed to the name, before sliding down into my chair.

It seemed like very few people actually came to advocacy on the first day, so again I was left alone in the classroom with very few students.

Another con of being a car less senior was your off campus turned into teacher assistants or office workers. Either way people would know you didn't have a life and neither a car.

My eyes widened in surprise, as I saw my best friend from freshman year who had moved away to Las Vegas. I smiled waving my hand in her direction, not expecting her to turn her nose up at me. I slowly drop my friendly hand and insert both of my headphones to distract myself from the pettiness coming off in waves.
.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

I was walking around the school trying to find the office, when I bumped into someone making us both fall over.

"Fuck... I mean excuse me"
"It's alright"

I stood up dusting myself off before sticking my hand out to catch hers trying to be polite.

"Here let me help you up"

She looked skeptically at me, before taking my outreached hand.

"Thanks my names Lauren, you seemed to be in an rush?"

"I fell asleep in advocacy, so I pretty much slept through half of my business class for the day."

The final tardy bell rang, making me officially late for my class. Since it was an half day this was going to be my last class for the day.

"It's alright I'm sure they'll be more lenient considering it's the first day. "

"Can I see your schedule if you don't mind?"

"Here, I haven't even glanced at my schedule yet."

She observed my schedule, before pulling out her own and comparing.

"It seems our schedules are identical for most part, except for english."

"Well do you know where business is?"

"Nope, but we can find it together since we have the same class anyway, what's your name by the way?"

"I'm Maisha, although most of my family is from America, my mom wanted me to have an African name"

Following close behind her, I tried to memorize the differnt hallways to get used to this new surroundings. I haven't actually been on this level of the building, I felt completely lost compared to her. After some time, we arrived down a hallway with painting on the ceiling and a library close by.

Nodding my head and smiling, I gave myself a prep talk before knocking on the door. Which seemed to stand still as we waited patiently for the teacher to open the door. After a few knocks he'd managed to open the door and let us in.

I walked in shyly, grimacing at our substitute, by looking at him you could see he was some old substitute that hasn't actually made a career for themselves. He seemed to have the biggest smile, even with his yellow teeth. You could tell by the way he presented himself he barely knew how to write a business proposal, let alone run a business.

I sighed sitting back in my chair, waiting the for the bell to ring, and signify the day was over.

. . . . . . . . . .

The day didn't seem to end as quickly as I'd hoped there was a good amount of time to burn. I decided to make a quick trip at the grocery store for dinner.

Grabbing a cart I hauled the processed junk food throughout the store adding food as I went along.

I needed to start eating healthier I thought, picking up a package of tofu shaking my head.

Maybe if I was vegan I'd eat healthier, I laughed at the thought knowing I was anything but heathy. I ended up getting the tofu, as I passed on the dairy section. I began to turn my basket, causing me to accidentally bump into someone else's cart.

A spew of cuss words left my mouth before I caught myself, "excuse me," I said.

Attempting to move my basket, before I made a scene, I looked up at the man noticing an familiar tattoo. It was hard to focus while his eyes were following mine, examining me suspiciously. His pale skin in comparison to mine, along with his tall built frame was very intimidating, but yet I stood my ground.

Those loose fitting jeans with the wife beater wasn't helping, with a shirt that left nothing to your imagination.

Although I could feel my mouth watering, something was off about this guy, not just edgy. I couldn't help but feel deja as I looked at his tattoo, I knew I needed to go.

I hurried and picked up my wallet which had fallin in the mini cart accident, while he stood there staring unfazed.

I had managed to maneuver my basket to a small gap to leave the aisle mentally preparing myself.

"I'll be seeing you around Maisha won't I"

His voice had me frozen, unable to process the words that had left his mouth. I looked up from the floor to see he'd already walked out of the store leaving his groceries.
.. ..

"What took you so long," my mother asked as I unloaded the car.

"The lines were long," I said while shaking my head.

After unloading the car, I felt the need to wash myself as if I'd been scorned by something worse than the evil.

I turned the knob, watching as the water droplets hit my skin. My veins pulsed as I stood under the scorching water, watching the dirt go through the drain.

I changed and brushed my teeth before getting comfortable in the sheets, mentally preparing myself for another school day.

I was about halfway sleep, but my phone sounded off alerting me of a message.

"We didn't meet by accident, message me when you're ready. It's Roy."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

249K 5.4K 36
"Don't worry, we'll get to the point where you do as I say just because I said it. That's submission, and you're more than capable of it." "I know w...
109K 2.9K 73
This is the NEW version of Owning Her, the old one is still up on my page!! "So Professor Jones, does this mean that we are an actual thing now?" "Pr...
296K 6.8K 47
SEQUEL TO "PAINT ME, PROFESSOR" | 18+ "You think I'm going to treat you differently now that you're my wife?" Chris asked, circling Ali. She wiggled...
2.6M 59K 46
"Come," the dominance in his voice was prominent as only the office desk separates them. The fear in her eyes glistened as a smirk fell upon his lips...