Crowned [Inanimate Insanity F...

By WanderingStoryTelIer

The world is being ripped apart at it's seams, and it's up to 10 assigned gods to see the mortal plane back t... More

✮【 WARNINGS 】✮ 【 HEADCANNONS 】
Prologue: Sparks.
Ark 1, Chapter 1: Winds of Change.
Ark 1, Chapter 2: Feathers.
Ark 1, Chapter 3: Two Birds of a Feather.
Ark 1, Chapter 4: "Im a monster..."
Scene Redraw!
Ark 1, Chapter 5: Opposites Attract.
Ark 1, Chapter 6: Blown Away.
DESIGNS!
Ark 1, Chapter 7: Is There a Brighter Side?
NEW COVER!
Ark 1, Chapter 8.5: Corrupted Files...
Ark 1, Chapter 9: Whither Away.
Ark 1, Chapter 10: Look into the Dark and Take a Dive.
Ark 1, Chapter 10.5: Lost in Confusion.
Ark 1, Chapter 11: Life or Death.
Ark 1, Chapter 12: Ashes.
Ark 1, Chapter 13: Run from Fate.
Ark 1, Chapter 14: Reunion and Disaster.
Ark 1, Chapter 15: Quiet Morning.
Ark 1, Chapter 16: Burning Rage.
Ark 1, Chapter 17: Where There is Light, There must be Shadow.
Ark 1, Chapter 18: Desperation.
Ark 1, Chapter 19: Flowers
Ark 1, Chapter 20: Breathe.
Ark 1, Chapter 21: Arrival.
Ark 1, Chapter 22: Spark with Power.
Ark 1, Chapter 23: Nightfall.
Ark 1, Chapter 24: Time is Running Out.
Ark 1, Chapter 25: Wisp in the Wind...
-Bound by Mortality-
Ark 2, Chapter 26: Time Flies.
DESIGNS PART 2
Ark 2, Chapter 27: Long Time no See.
Ark 2, Chapter 28: "Hold me..."
Ark 2, Chapter 29: Escapism.
Ark 2, Chapter 30: G̶̨̢̥͍̪̻͓̞͋̽̓̑̆́͠O̵͈͔͒̃͊Ň̷̦̰̱̣̈́̂̉͘ͅE̵̱̣̩̞̒͗̃̏͠
Ark 2, Chapter 31: I know you, But nice to meet you.
Ark 2, Chapter 32: Captive.
Ark 2, Chapter 33: "What Have you Done?!"
Ark 2, Chapter 34: Destruction of a Person.
Ark 2, Chapter 35: .uoY dessiM I
Ark 2, Chapter 36: You Can't Save What's Been Lost.
Ark 2, Chapter 37: A Mission with No Plan.
Ark 2, Chapter 38: Discovery.
50k READS!!!
Ark 2, Chapter 39: PANIC.
Ark 2, Chapter 40: "Power on!"
Ark 2, Chapter 40.5: Forgiveness.
Ark 2, Chapter 41: Silent Screams.
Ark 2, Chapter 42: Horrible Plans.
Ark 2, Chapter 43: A Sheep in Wolve's Clothing.
Ark 2, Chapter 44: Heart Stopping.
Ark 2, Chapter 45: Behind the Mask...?
Ark 2, Chapter 46: A House of Silence.
Ark 2, Chapter 47: Risk.
Ark 2, Chapter 48: Goodnight.
Ark 2, Chapter 48.5: The Flickering Light.
Ark 2, Chapter 49: A New Dawn.
Ark 2, Chapter 50: Unexpected Guests.

Ark 1, Chapter 8: Shrouded in Darkness.

2.6K 52 883
By WanderingStoryTelIer

TW: Alcohol, depression, mention of s*icide.

(MAYBE A LITTLE BIT OF GAY FROM HELIUM BOI AND SILVER COIN?)

———

Nickel stormed down the hallway. He was furious. He was only now starting to realize that this may have been a complete mistake... Treating Balloon like that... Balloon was a person. A person with his own problems. Reasons for doing what he did.

Just like himself.

He was acting like a complete hypocrite this entire time. Putting up walls to block people out, because he was afraid to be hurt... Again. But, in all honesty. Balloon and him were quite similar, if you look underneath the surface.

Balloon clearly has been hurt by... Someone... It would explain his trust issues and, his fear of being 'different' or... Whatever that meant. He wanted so badly to be liked by the people he knew wouldn't hurt him. He would rather be around people he knows and watch his mental health decline rather than taking a chance with someone new. Nickel didn't fully understand how he got like that.

It was almost like Balloon doesn't understand that this is hurting him. Maybe because compared to whatever he experienced before, was so much worse that he doesn't even recognize it as mentally damaging.

It was... Sad...

Now that people were getting scared and aggressive towards him, maybe he's afraid something might hurt him again... That people will force him into situations that might do more harm than good. Or... Into a situation that he was in before? Whatever it was.

Nickel sighed. This could've been prevented if he didn't push Balloon... Push everyone. And all for what? To try to hide behind an unhealthy wall of lies?! He's started to question if it's worth it to keep hiding... If anything is even worth it anymore...?

He's hurt people before.

And if he shows weakness, people will hurt him.

It's how the world works.

There isn't a way to make everyone happy.

There just isn't.

Nickel walked up the stairs and shivered. Why was it so cold all of the sudden?! Something was wrong. Very very wrong.

He finished climbing the few steps that were left and saw the hallway was basically a winter wasteland. It was covered in at least two feet of snow, and the winds that were blowing were incredible. Not to mention the walls looked like they had gone through an ice age. Twice.

Nickel tried to make his way down the hall... but man was it difficult. The floors were slick, and he kept getting pushed back by the wind. The hallway got worse and worse as he continued too. He finally reached the source. His and Balloon's room. He struggles to get the door open and saw Balloon crying hysterically in the centre of the room.

Once again, this kind of cry is NOT the one you'd want to listen to. It almost physically hurt.

Balloon's wings were tightly pressed against his body. He winced every time the cold worsened and his wings grew out even more. Tears poured out of his eyes, snot dropped from his nose and barely fell down his face before they froze. His hands tightly gripped the arm opposite from its own and the nails dug in, they were leaving significant marks now. He shook violently and was nearly choking at this point.

Nickel watched at the doorway. Almost literally frozen from the amount of pain he could feel coming from the other boy. It reminded him of himself. But he knew he couldn't fully relate...

Nickel wanted desperately to comfort him in some way. He felt bad. But he didn't know how. Acting the way he did was all he knew...

Nickel sighed.

He walked towards Balloon, trying not to slip and fall into the snow. Balloon turned his head away. He knew Nickel was there.

"Balloo—?"

"GO AWAY!!!" Balloon screamed through his waterfall of tears that came down his face. As if his heart was slipping  through his fingertips like it was sand.

Nickel frowned. And shuddered at the cold. If this kept up Balloon, and him could freeze to death. Nickel walked a bit closer. "You shouldn't listen to them... They're all idiots..." Nickel tried to reassure.

Balloon cried harder and screamed into his knees. "NO! IM THE IDIOT FOR THINKING EVEN FOR A SECOND I WOULD HAVE A CHANCE AT ANYTHING!!! IM FREAK! THEYRE SCARED OF ME! DID YOU SEE HOW MAD THEY WERE?! DID YOU SEE HER FACE?!?!" He bit his, he felt the salty taste of his tears as a few fell into his mouth. "I HURT SOMEONE TOO!"

"Balloon... It was an accident..." Nickel sighed and tried to move the wing, But Balloon flinched it closer to him. Nickel moved away slightly.

"I CANT DO THIS ANYMORE NICKEL! I CANT DO IT! EVERYONE HATES ME! I HAVE NO HOPE OF EVER GETTING A JOB! LET ALONE BECOMING A WRITER..." He took a second , since he was hyperventilating. His thoughts were spiralling. "I KEEP MESSING EVERYTHING UP! NOTHING FEELS WORTH IT! IM JUST GONNA BE DISSECTED ANYWAY! OR KICKED OUT! OR— OR—!"

"B-Balloon—!" Nickel spoke up. He really didn't want Balloon to continue this... It was really upsetting him.

"NO! BECAUSE IM TELLING THE TRUTH! I MIGHT AS WELL JUST GIVE UP!!! I WILL NEVER HAVE ANYTHING BECAUSE IM DIFFERENT! I WILL NEVER DO ANYTHING WORTH WHILE! ILL NEVER FUFILL MY DREAMS! AND ILL NEVER FIND ANYONE WHO CARES ABOUT ME—!!!"

"BALLOON!!! WILL YOU SHUT UP FOR FIVE SECONDS?!" Nickel bellowed.

Balloon tensed up and all of the snow froze in place as if time stopped. He could hear Nickel breathing heavily, he couldn't tell if it was panic, or anger. He shook at the fact that it could be anger... But...

Nickel moved his wing to see Balloon's face.

Balloon's puffy eyes stared into Nickel's now soft gaze.

"I care..." Nickel gave a warm smile.

Balloon almost stopped breathing for a moment... "you— y..." he paused. His voice was very quiet. "Y-you're lyin—!" He whispered.

Did a motion as if he was coming in for a hug, nuzzling against the side of his face, as he had no arms to really hug him with. "I'm not... I-I'm sorry this is all happening. I really wish I could change things. You clearly have reasons for acting the way you do. Your own life, your own experiences, and your own trauma. I shouldn't have put you down for the way you were grieving, and defending yourself I... I should've been more open to your experiences and emotions. I spent so much time and energy trying to build my own defences that... I forgot that other people have problems too. I'm really sorry... And you don't need to forgive anyone. Not me, not Suitcase, not any of those assholes... What you've been through is incredibly upsetting... and you have the right to be upset, sad, angry even! But please... Don't just give up. Because... I'm gonna be honest with you... I have no idea what's out there for you. Or for me, but I know that our lives aren't over yet. That you still have potential. I may not have been there before, but I'm here now okay? I promise that if you want, I'll help you every step of the way..." Nickel said softly, he poured his heart into that statement.

Balloon felt his grip loosening on his arms, as he slowly accepted the hug Nickel had been giving him. And burry his face into the other boy, as he cried softly. This felt better than he ever could have thought.

Nickel gently nuzzled into him again. And chuckled slightly. "Don't squeeze too hard, you might suffocate me faster than the hypothermia kicks in!"

Balloon made a small laugh through his cries. The snow slowly began to melt away and disappear.

Nickel felt Balloon's wings slowly close around him too, as if it was a second pair of arms for a hug. It felt warm. It felt real. He could tell Balloon had needed this for a long long time. The poor boy was shaking and hyperventilating still, but at the same time seemed so relieved and content with the affection. It was almost as if he craved it, like he was holding on for dear life.

"I can go grab some breakfast for us if you're hungry...?" Nickel asked in a soft voice.

Balloon stayed silent for a little longer. "That... That would be nice..." He muttered, his last tears falling down his face.

"Alright, I'll go get some." Nickel properly stood up straight and turned to the door. "I'll also get some painkillers for your wings." He have a little more of a smile.

"O-okay... thank you..."

Nicke turned to exit the room. Still clueless to if his apology had been accepted or not, but, he knew he didn't deserve it, even if Balloon did accept his apology. He continued down the now clear of snow hallway.

———

Lightbulb burst through the hotel doors with a little spin. "Heyy guys! Check it out! I grew wings and Baxter turned into a Crab dragon— dra- c- crab— CRAGON! Yeah... Cragon!"

Paintbrush walked in slightly behind Lightbulb wide eyed, and their bristles a mess due to the winds.

"I'm sorry, WHAT...?!" Test Tube dropped what she was doing.

Fan tensed up and put his hands in front of himself defensively. "Oh no... No no no! I am not getting flung again!"

Test Tube examined Lightbulb. And saw Lightbulb's glowing eyes. "Gosh... Your eyes...!" Test Tube looked astonished. "I need to go grab my equipment—! I'll be back!" She quickly ran towards the door, but was knocked over by Baxter trying to cram itself through the door.

Baxter eventually managed to get inside the lobby without breaking anything. Everyone stood out of the way. Some of the others started screaming, especially Salt, and Pepper.

Lightbulb did a goofy laugh and waved at Baxter. "I told ya to wait outside— But that works too! Hahah!"

Baxter laid down in the middle of the Lobby. Which helped keep the roof in tact.

Everyone, who wasn't scared, crowded around Baxter. They were all amazed by the dragon.

Except OJ.

OJ. Was not happy.

"WHaT?! WHY IS THERE A FUCKIn DRAGON IN THE HOteL?!" OJ yelled, clearly drunk.

"OJ... you need t-to sit down!" Paper squealed, as he grabbed OJ's arm with concern.

"BuT—!"

"No! I'll deal with it alright...?" Paper put his hands on his hips.

OJ groaned with annoyance, and then walked off grumpily, like a child.

Paper then looked over to Lightbulb. "Lightbulb... I know by now not to expect the most... Logical things when it comes to your shenanigans... BUT HOW IN THE HELL DID YOU GET A DRAGON?! AND— TINY—?? WINGS?????" Paper asked with a face of pure confusion.

"Well I found a weird lookin Pokémon card with my name on it. So I grabbed it and... Grew wings. Oh! And now Baxter is a dragon." Lightbulb answered with a shrug.

"WHY??? HOW???" Paper asked.

"Well obviously I wanted to eat the card! And uh... I don't really know how... It hurt a lot though..." She stuck her tongue out.

Paper looked over to Paintbrush with a look of: 'What the fuck???' Only for Paintbrush to reply with:

"Don't ask... I have no fucking Idea either..."

Paper sighed, and looked at Baxter. "Lightbulb... I think you should move uh... Baxter outside..."

"What?! That's not fair! Baxter is my pet! We cant just kick em out!" Lightbulb whined.

"No. Out. Now!" Paper huffed, once again putting his hands on his hips.

Lightbulb frowned and looked down sadly at the ground. "Cmon Baxter..." She groaned.

Baxter crammed itself out of the door again.

"I hope this doesn't become a trend..." Paper muttered. He doesn't want more people to... Transform... And give OJ more reasons to start kicking people out. After all, he cared about all of the people here as if they were his own kids. Or we're close friends with them. He didn't want to lose anyone...

———

Nickel heard yelling come from the lobby, but didn't bother to go check what it was, Balloon was waiting for him after all. He didn't want to let him down. Not again.

Nickel grabbed a plate with his mouth, and balanced one on his head. It was quite tedious, but he was used to it. He turned towards the door and speed walked as fast as he could manage without spilling any of the plates he was balancing.

Up the stairs, through the hall, and then the door, Somehow...

Balloon, who had climbed in his bed, slid something under his pillow, and smiled. "O-oh! Hey Nickel! Hah..." his eyes were still puffy from the crying prior.

Nickel slid a plate to him, and sat beside the bed on the floor to eat. "You doing okay?" Nickel asked.

"O-oh... Uh yeah. At least... as okay as I can be..." Balloon said with a nervous chuckle, and a little sniffle.

"If you're sure..."

They both ate their food silently. And as quietly as the could, because they both felt self conscious of chewing too loud. When they were both finished, Balloon removed his blanket with the dirty plate in his hand.

But Nickel stopped him. "Ah. No. Sit back down." Nickel instructed.

"What? No I have to—!" Balloon tried to insist.

"No, I forgot your pain killers anyway! Let me take em down." Nickel replied stubbornly. He wasn't going to budge.

Balloon sighed and handed him the plate by placing it on the other boy's head. And watched as Nickel turned to leave with both plates on his head, but froze at something.

"What is...?" He muttered.

"What is what? I don't see anything..." Balloon asked with concern, and slid out of bed to investigate.

"There's a... Card..." Nickel replied with a look of skepticism as he squints his eyes. He felt like he was being drawn to it.

Balloon froze... The card... He grabbed a card moments before his transformation. "Wh—wait— WAIT NICKEL DON'T  TOUCH—!"

Nickel grabbed it with his mouth before he even comprehended what Balloon had told him.

He saw the card shoot into his chest.and he stumbled back, dropping the plates as he did so. "Wh—what the..?!" He suddenly yelped and closed his eyes and fell backwards as his eyes began to burn. Badly. "AAAAGH! NO— OW FUCK... MY EYES!!!" He said in... Tears...? It felt like tears anyway.

Balloon began to freak out. He rushed over and lifted Nickel up to face him. And he audibly gasped, Nickel's eyes were bleeding. And a lot. "OH MY GOD?!" Balloon tried his best to try and stop the bleeding, but it just kept coming... and Coming...! "WHAT DO I DO?!"

"I DON'T K-KNOW BUT GOD... IT HURTS! FUCK MAKE IT STOP!!!" Nickel cried out.

"IM TRYING!!!" Balloon squealed.

But I'm all honesty, Balloon had no Idea what to do.

But he needed to figure it out.

And quick.

———

Mwahahahaha cliff hanger.

———

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17K 614 19
In which Fan Windrick never believed in love at first sight until the day he laid eyes on Test Tube Ethylene. She was different, with an air of intel...
5K 105 22
New chapter every other or everyday!! The daily nickloon Mephone4 hosts a party for the final thrEEE of season thrEEE! But Oh no!! It's nickloon! Nic...
7.5K 132 17
What makes a person lose their mind? Why does history repeat itself so maliciously? History repeats itself, tragedies included... But what if, when h...
13.7K 102 19
You know what this isss ;)) Warning: slow updates and stupid writing (along with bad grammar) Please read REQUEST to let you know what you should kno...