SPIDER-MAN: MARK LEE

By hozeokz

❝In which Juliane Moon discovers that her crush, Mark Lee, is actually the infamous masked vigilante, Spiderm... More

𝗦𝗣𝗜𝗗𝗘𝗥𝗠𝗔𝗡
𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗦
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
𝗧𝗛𝗔𝗡𝗞 𝗬𝗢𝗨
𝟲𝟰 (𝗘𝗣𝗜𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗨𝗘)
𝗦𝗘𝗤𝗨𝗘𝗟 𝗣𝗨𝗕𝗟𝗜𝗦𝗛𝗘𝗗

2

2K 92 60
By hozeokz

𝟮: 𝗟𝗔𝗧𝗘 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗦𝗖𝗛𝗢𝗢𝗟

I calmly strolled my way to school, through the bustling streets of Queens, as if I wasn't already 15 minutes late for Chemistry class. While holding my phone against my ear, the other hand swung nonchalantly by my side. Despite Naomi's loud complaints about my tardiness, I remained fully engrossed in the surroundings.

The streets have always been familiar, with the same individuals who had their very own unique goals and narratives in their lives. It never ceased to astonish me that each of them possessed their own personal stories. Some may be experiencing a terrible day, while others may be enjoying their finest moments.

"Juliane, do you hear what I'm saying? You can't always be late, your absence will be as tall as the Eiffel Tower."

"Stop with the hyperbole, Naomi." I responded. "Why are you on your phone? Hasn't class begun?"

"Miss Parker is late again."

"Oh shit. Is she? If I walk faster, I might be able to arrive on time."

"What type of rich girl walks to school?"

"I choose to do so for my own reasons. Kindly save a seat for me."

"Too late. Donghyuck, your friend, has already taken the seat and is clearly indicating that he has no intention of leaving. It is frustrating dealing with someone like him."

"Excuse me, why do you dislike Hyuck? He is a friend of mine, you ought to get along with him."

"He scares me..."

"Are you kidding? He is just a bundle of sunshine."

"That is the reason... I feel intimidated by people who are lively and enthusiastic as it gives me a sense of confinement."

"Regardless, treat him with kindness. Believe me, he just wants to have a better relationship with you. Anyways, I will arrive in 10 minutes."

As Naomi's goodbye was brimming with annoyance, I ended the call at last. I put my phone in my pockets and securely held onto the strap of the tote bag I was carrying.

While walking casually, my mind became filled with thoughts again, causing it to become clogged once more. I couldn't help but smile when I imagined Donghyuck and Naomi sitting together. I was certain that he was having an incredibly enjoyable time. I sincerely wished for him to get along well with her. Naomi didn't easily like people, and to be honest, Donghyuck wasn't someone who would be instantly favored by everyone.

Boom.

Out of nowhere, my train of thoughts was interrupted by the sounds of chaos echoing through the nearby streets. I instantly became motionless, seizing the opportunity to observe my environment in an attempt to comprehend the situation unfolding before me.

The situation was in complete disarray.

A large portion of the inhabitants of Queens were running in the opposite direction from where I was going, alarmed cries and shouts indicating a threat to everyone. Although I was unsure about the exact situation, I was certain that it originated from a distant location and if I didn't escape soon, I would inevitably be trapped in the peril.

What a perfect reason to skip school.

As I was at the point of turning my heel to join the crowd's run, a man of considerable height unexpectedly crashed into me, causing his robust and sturdy shoulders to collide with mine. This collision disrupted my stability, resulting in my abrupt collapse onto the pavement, with my ass making a harsh impact. "Uh-" I groaned.

As countless individuals dashed without being mindful of their surroundings, I found myself in a state of helplessness, crouched on the ground with my hands protecting my head. My heart raced uncontrollably, the fear of being trampled increased. Unexpectedly, I was only slightly pushed by the swift movements of their steps, and nothing further occurred.

Seconds turned to minutes, and minutes turned to hours. That was the impression it gave, as if it lasted forever.

It continued.

And continued.

Until...

The sound of loud footsteps gradually faded, and as soon as I opened my eyes, I observed a decreased number of people running in haste. The intense pounding of my heart subsided upon this sight, bringing a sense of relief. Without wasting any further moments, I placed my hands on the ground and lifted myself onto my knees. However, just as I was about to stand up completely, luck decided to abandon me.

"Oh no-"

My words were interrupted as I caught sight of a vehicle flying rapidly in my direction, its reflection shining in my eyes. I could've sworn I saw my my life flash before my eyes. In a fleeting moment, I was certain that this was the end, but it turned out not to be.

Because one of the vigilantes of Queens, Venom, positioned himself directly in front of me and effortlessly caught the vehicle using his bare hands.

I felt my eyes widen, completely stunned by the current event. While others might focus on the fact that Venom saved their life, my mind was solely occupied by the realization of how close I was to demise. Had Venom not arrived in time, I would have faced a brutal crushing.

Venom effortlessly held a strong and secure grip on the vehicle, keeping it suspended in the air. He shifted his gaze towards me. "You need to get out of here now-" The eyes of his mask widened as he noticed more flying vehicles were being thrown towards our direction. There were so many that there was actually no point of trying to run away. "Oh fucking hell." He grunted.

"Gotcha!" A voice exclaimed. It was none other than Spiderman.

The next thing I remembered, was being swooped up. Spiderman secured me around my waist with one arm and swung through the street, gripping the web he had previously shot out with his other hand. My eyes widened as I became aware of the vast distance separating me from the ground. Overwhelmed, I exclaimed, "Holy shit!". Instinctively, I tightly embraced Spiderman, shutting my eyes as the fear of falling intensified.

Spiderman focused on Venom. He shouted, "Behind you!" as he tried to help his friend, even from afar. It was obvious that he wanted to ensure his friend's safety, after those vehicles were falling down. Luckily, he successfully dodged them all. Subsequently, Venom wasted no time and pursued the person responsible for causing these calamities.

I could hardly understand Spiderman's shouts as I was preoccupied with fervently praying to survive in that very moment. I glanced discreetly with one eye open, and noticed Spiderman continued to concentrate on Venom, which was a mistake. With Spiderman distracted, I realized that we were just moments away from colliding with an office building. I urgently tapped on his chest in an effort to capture his attention. "Hey- Hey! The building!"

Confused, Spiderman averted his attention from the roads and followed my gaze at the building. At that moment, the eyes of his mask also enlarged. And at that moment, we both realized that it would be impossible to prevent the collision.

"Oh my Jesus- My bad!" He shouted, with a bit of shrieking.

Spiderman immediately swathed his arms around me, secured and firm before spinning, so that he was the one making direct contact with the building's glass windows.

Suddenly, the silence was shattered by the shattering of glass. The glass immediately developed a visible crack, exposing its hidden vulnerabilities. This entire process occurred so swiftly that it was imperceptible to the unaided eye. As if a tightly wound coil had been suddenly released, the broken fragments swiftly flew inward, finally coming to rest on the rough ground.

I was released from Spiderman's embrace, as we tumbled across the floor.

Apart from the startled screams emanating from the staff members of this business establishment, there was only the audible rhythm of my heart beating rapidly and forcefully.

I let out a moan, pressing my hand firmly on the ground in an attempt to rise, yet finding it impossible.

Spiderman scrambled on the ground towards my direction. "Ma'am!" He stopped himself from speaking, and coughed. "I mean... Ma'am." He enunciated, this time in a baritone voice. There was no doubt that it was an attempt to conceal his voice.

Spiderman pointed at me, then formed his hand into an "okay" sign. Are you okay? - That was definitely his attempt on asking me that question, without having to be verbal.

When he received no answer, he tilted his head and observed my stunned face. As he did that, I did the same. I noticed his a bit of his mask was ripped open because of a small scratch on his cheek, a bit of blood oozed out.

I nodded my head to regain my focus. "Um... Yes, I'm fine. Thanks."

Spiderman signaled approval with a thumbs up before getting up and quickly exiting through the broken window. The final image I recalled was witnessing his ass' recoil as he leapt out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 72 32
[Soulmate au] Suh Huijin,a pretty mysterious college girl with a dark past,doesnt believe in soulmates. Mark Lee,the typical playboy, cold and a hear...
146K 3.3K 76
UNDER EDITING🫶🏻 .*• it all started with a dating scandal of the ceo's granddaughter and the famous kpop idol, mark lee •*. ❝ i'll make sure your la...
3.7K 204 4
in which you're convinced that you don't have a tattoo, and that you're in love with lee donghyuck ; non-idol au, matching tattoo soulmate au, love...
29.3K 1.6K 10
"I know all of you. Lee Minhyung, Criminal of MFALHS. Lee Donghyuck, the Princess. Huang Renjun, the Artist. Lee Jeno, the Jock. Na Jaemin, the...