The Avengers: Next Gen Rising

By Willkeisler

On Earth 747, twelve years ago, the Avengers, Earth's mightiest heroes had defended the Earth from countless... More

Prologue: Introducing A New Generation!
Introducing: The Second Generation Arises
Fall Of Asgard! Deirdre's Tragedy Reaching Earth!
A Dastardly Threat! Loki's Devastating Assault!
Building A Team Part One: One Heart For The Team!
Building A Team Part 2: Seeing The Sting Of Defeat!
Reconnecting With Yourself! Focusing The Anger!
Avengers: Assemble! Part One: The Rescue Mission!
Avengers: Assemble! Part 2: United They Stand!
Avengers: Assemble! Part 3: United They Fall!
The Avengers Expand! Learning Secrets and Entering War!
Start Of Teamwork! The Children Assemble!
Trouble! Avengers vs Adaptoid!
James's Stand! The Adaptable Avenger vs The Adaptoid!
An Avengers Victory! The War Has Only Begun!
Hydra's Advances! Raising An Empire Further!
Attack Of Atlantis! Defending The Land And Sea!
Allies At Last! Proving The Doubters Wrong!
Building a Stronger Union! Land and Sea Truly Uniting!
Darkness Descends! Magic of Hydra!
An Enchanted Encounter! Strange Team Ups!
Avengers and Magic! Quest For Dormamu's Fate!
Perfect Shot! Hawkeye's Worth!
The Man With A Different Power Suit!

Avengers Assemble! Part 4: United They Rise Again!

3 1 0
By Willkeisler

As the team watches the fight, surrounded by what appeared to be nearly hundreds of thousands of enemies, they slowly started to gather together, getting boxed in each with fear in their eyes. Loki watched on as he pointed away from them. "You may leave and enjoy the show mortal. I shall keep an eye on them myself. You can watch from above for now." He told Strucker and Zemo with a smirk, confident that nothing would go wrong.

Strucker gave an evil smile himself and placed his hands behind his back. "Very well. But have Zemo with you to assist with leading some. If we are to work together, we must understand that alone we could not defeat them. Together we shall crush them." He suggested as he walked in the base through the portal he left through.

Loki nodded his head with his sceptor in his hand. He then looked down at the heroes and stared confidently in his chances at winning. "You see Avengers? You have most of your players with you, yet you are still hopelessly out matched, how do you intend to stop our coordination this time?" Loki asked with a small laugh escaping his lips.

James clutched his hands into fists as he created an energy shield suddenly, surprising Loki slightly. "Together. Just like them." He stated confidently. "Even if you have all these forces against us, w still will work together to defeat you no matter what you throw our way." He continued on.

Steve glanced at his son continuing to be amazed by his bravery and courage despite the odds. He began to see more of what Clint and Tony were saying before. How they saw a bit of himself in his own son. As well as how he was growing up, and how Steve needed to let him grow up and fight the battles with him....or perhaps not just yet, he'd have to see more of his capabilities first. But he'd be in trouble for today's shenanigans. But for now, they had a battle to win. "Got a plan in mind?" He asked the red headed Super soldier boy with curiosity.

James nodded his head to relax his father. For starters, it wasn't a perfect plan yet, but it was the start of one. "Hulk? Gonna need a path." He commanded the green giant calmly.

Hulk smirked upon hearing this, showing visible excitement in his eyes. "I was hoping you'd say that kid." He admitted while stretching his arms out like a bird's wings. A second later, he clapped his hands together to create a massive shockwave to knock back several enemies around them.

The team soon begin attacking in various ways together, slowly eliminating the enemy forces little by little. Yvonne was able to handle most of them without too much difficulty despite being surrounded. She used her shield to block several attacks and countered with it. She also had a set of batons, using two of them together to electrocute several soldiers that were getting closer to her. She knew she didn't have much room to throw her shield, so she'd make do with what she had currently.

Meanwhile, Hawkeye was firing some arrows rather quickly, hitting his intended targets with precision and accuracy. Some of them were getting electrocuted, some burned, some exploded, others shot at. But none were safe from his arrows. Though if some got close, he was able to whack them with his bow. But he was being as careful with it as possible so he didn't break it.

Alongside him was Torunn who was slicing through many of the upgraded Chitauri with ease. She'd get surrounded for a few seconds, but with her control of lightning, she'd electrocute them off and get back to slicing them up to get them away from her allies in order to protect them. Her years training with the others and being a daughter of a powerful Valkerie, along with the god of thunder, she was a force to be reconned with. She was proving that while she cut down more of the enemy with her mighty sword.

Next to her was Pym, who was only slightly taller than Hulk. Which was just enough for him to overpower most of the enemy they were fighting. He was smacking the soldiers away or kicking them into the crowd, which was considerably easier because of his strength when he was bigger. It was honestly fascinating to him to experience being the taller person in the group now. But he of course, wasn't complaining about it.

While that was going on, Ekaterina was jabbing some small daggers into the enemy in front of her and killing some off. Thankfully these forces had some vulnerable spots that she was more than willing to expose to help out who she could. She also was using some of the weapons she had stolen off the Hydra soldiers to use against them. Something she was very glad she did to truly effect the results of the battles to come. She also used the batons to electrocute more of the enemy. But she was using them more skillfully than the younger sister. Immediately upon studying the batons, she was able to discover that they could electrocute people from a five foot distance given a tiny current. Perhaps something to do with the enemy's armor? Whatever the case, it was helping her more.

Then there was Bruce and the Hulk who were still in perfect sync. The green giant was unleashing his rage more in control against their enemies as he was crushing the Chitauri and Bruntian soldiers with his fists or stomping on them full force. Or else he'd throw them toward each other to get shot at while he continued to fight them off. The more he fought with this power, the better he felt personally.

Iron Heart was floating above all her allies, shooting them down with her armor, shooting them with her repulsars to knock them back and into an ally's attack instead. She would tackle or punch some that got closer to her or her allies, but for the most part, she was blasting them away. If she was being honest, this was a lot for her, but she didn't want to step down from this. The world really needed her to fight them off! She was being a big help to save the world. So she was going to enjoy this opportunity while it was here. But she was going to take this seriously, since the fate of the world was on their shoulders.

Lastly was James, who struggled with an enemy but was able to get away from his grasp. Of course it wasn't going to be easy. They were fighting some of the most dangerous forces currently on the planet! But with his energy shield, he was able to push more off his body. He soon jumped in the air, doing a spin as he was in the air and soon smashed his energy shield into the face of another soldier. When he landed, he was able to kick a Bruntian soldier into Chitauri forces. He had to admit, he was still terrified of this, but he knew that he wasn't alone in this fight. He had his family, his allies, his mini Avengers.

It took the team a while, but soon the enemy that once surrounded them was starting to condense. Sure they were still in the battlefield, but they were no longer surrounding the Avengers. With this, James and Steve were able to concentrate so they could come up with a plan. But not before the Hulk let out a mighty roar, intimidating his foes. After that, each member of the Avengers, original or next generation each took a fighting stance or prepared a weapon or gadget to get ready for the next part of the battle to come.

Loki stared down at the Avengers, a very serious expression shown in his face. This moment was when he realized that he couldn't underestimate these heroes any longer. If he didn't take control of the situation now, he, along with the mortals he was teaming up with, were going to have trouble with them. He looks out to one of the Bruntian soldiers and used his communicator. "Send in more as soon as possible." He said in the communicator.

"It will take some time. There's a minor threat in their way." An older voice says on the other end, slightly annoyed by the trouble they were having already. "I thought you all said there would be little troubles with this." The voice sounded rather annoyed by what was happening. But also as if this individual had expected an easy conquest.

"Relax my intergalactic conquering friend, there was just a minor inconvenience. We shall deal with this with the right assistance." Strucker said from the other end, sounding extremely calm despite the Avengers handling themselves well. Not long after, several hundreds of soldiers from the Bruntians, and Chitauri swarmed in. Immediately after, the Huntrions and several anthropomorphic animal soldiers with weapons all charging in.

The heroes all see soldiers coming from the castle, storming out hundreds at a time while firing at them. They wait patiently for Steve to come up with a plan to win this battle. However, James was the one to come up with something. "Alright so we need to have these guys have their attention on the main fight out here. Tony, Dr. Pym, you two are to go in the base, find a way to destroy the big portal. Yvonne, you and mom are to plant bombs around the base so they have one less place to operate in. The rest of us will be sure they focus on us out here or anyone that goes in." He ordered everyone with authority, surprising Steve and the other adults. However, the team did listen to what he had said and immediately started to fight against the Hydra forces they had so far.

Hank shrank down and landed in Tony's palm, remaining safe as Iron Man blasted several turrets with rockets that fired from his arms and back. When the base had taken enough damage, he flew in ready to fight. "I'll hold em off until you're done. Just keep in mind I'm also helping others in need too." Tony told Pym as he jumped off to get to the control panel.

As Yvonne entered with Black Widow, she threw her shield up and hit some soldiers shooting at Tony on the stairs, knocking several out at once. She then jumped up to fight off some others that were heading down those same stairs, dodging gun fire along the way. She knew that most of them could get away, which is why she had a plan of her own as well. Once she was close enough to the soldiers at the top of the staircase, she used her hidden batons and shocked most of them by clanging her weapons together, catching her shield after several were taken down. "I've got your back Iron Man!" She assured him with her thumb up.

Tony nodded as he flew around, using his armor to detect for anything in the walls. "There's gonna be some more coming from secret passageways. Time to work for a living kids." He lightly joked while blasting some soldiers that emerged from one wall. Black Widow used her gauntlets, shooting projectiles out of each one and eliminating more and more soldiers that were ready. With some time on his hands, Stark released some mechanical devices that were headed toward Yvonne and Black Widow. "Take em. This will help with your mission." He told her confidently while flying around, eliminating a Chitauri soldier that was heading out through a smaller portal.

By the door, many enemy soldiers were running out to assist their comrades to destroy the Avengers. However, thanks to Hawkeye, they wouldn't get very far. Some were blown back by his explosive arrows or shot with energy arrows. But one that got many the most often, were time bomb arrows, which took out nearly five at a time. Some Hydra soldiers did notice and attempted to shoot the archer, but he was too agile and was able to escape and counter attack with a few more arrows. Unfortunately, he soon realized a problem.... "I don't got many arrows left......" He mumbled to himself while struggling to figure out a plan. He didn't have long though, since some Chitauri were headed toward him, aiming their weapons at him. He heard multiple shots go off, but he felt no pain. When he opened his eyes, he was in a different spot than before. In fact, he was still near the door, but on the opposite side of it! All he saw was a strange purple smoke from what appeared to be seconds ago. Whoever that was saved him. But he did still have the issue of having not many arrows left. Thankfully, the young archer didn't have to worry about that for long since something landed next to him. Some Stark tech that opened up to reveal several more arrows for him.

"Don't use em all at once, or else I'm not giving you any more." Tony teased from his earpiece. For a moment, the young Barton boy had so many questions, but one that really stuck out.....the one Tony anticipated. "You think you're my first Archer to have almost run out of arrows? You really think I wouldn't come somewhat prepared for something like this?" He asked while continuing to face off against whatever Hydra had to offer.

With the Hulk, he and Thor were working together to rip apart tanks that were heading out, using their strength to protect Pym or anyone else that weren't as powerful or durable as them. The green monster was able to punch out a troll who had a larger axe in his hand, and grabbed it for himself. When he felt it's weight and density, he smirked as he used his new weapon, slashing at some of the Chitauri and Bruntian soldiers that were around them. He was able to adapt to using the axe surprisingly fast, fighting with it like a gladiator using it for centuries. Thor was near him, using the larger Mjolnir to bash at the Bruntians and trolls that were there. At some points, lightning was striking down against Hydra, which he....mostly meant to do. The two saw several bunkers and towers with soldiers firing at them to take them out. Hulk smirked as he looked at the Asgardian with his axe now tucked in his pocket for now. "ready to take out a few snipers?" He asked.

Thor gripped onto the mighty Mjolnir to signify he wasn't afraid of fight them off. "Just like old times my green friend. See who can beat the most?" Thor asked with a smirk on his face, remembering the old days. Back when they constantly competed throughout their missions. However, after he went back to Asgard to help his father in future battles, he rarely came back to Earth, but he kept his eyes on his allies.....most of the time when he could.

Hulk grinned ear to ear upon hearing his request and prepared to fight against the forces ahead of them. "Loser cleans the headquarters for a month." He added on to make it more interesting, and before long, the two began their clash, with Hulk ripping apart a large mech in front of them and throwing chunks at tanks on the way, or the sniper towers that were shooting at them and their allies.

With Thor, he flew in the air to zap several more mech's all at once. He has gotten shot once by a fighter jet owned by Hydra, but he immediately countered with his new Mjolnir. Alongside that, he was able to cause a tornado, blowing away some of the empty sniper towers to be sure none of the others would be able to hide as much. "Ahh I miss these days." He boasted with a smile on his face.

Meanwhile, Tony was flying in the armor he wore, an old classic, the mark 6 and continued to blast away several soldiers that were near some of the turrets. "Yeah well, it's good to have you back Goldie Locks, but this ain't the time to go down memory lane. Hydra's defenses are pretty advanced for them and we still need to eliminate the portals causing more soldiers to come in." He reminded them with his typical wit.

Azuri used his claws to slice apart a Chitauri and then accidentally cut a device on top of one of the triangular portal in front of him. Upon watching this, he started to realize what they all needed to do. "Those devices on the top of the portal! They can be destroyed! That'll stop more from coming back!" He shouted through their coms link.

Steve heard this and immediately threw his shield at one in front of him. As the shield hit the device, it instantly cracked and shut down, the shield coming back and taking a Bruntian soldier down. "Azuri's right. Take those out, we slow the enemy down." He told everyone to confirm the plan.

"Great. Now what about the giant one bringing in fighters and larger forces?" Black Widow asked while shooting some soldiers near another flight of stairs, reminding the others that there were still problems to contend with.

"We take the Hydra base down. The device emitting the portal will shut down in the process. Maybe take some chunks of rubble to damage their forces." James says with confidence while taking the head off of a robot soldier with his energy shield.

Deirdre sliced Hydra bots legs with her axe. At times, she would morph into specific animals to fight off some groups of their enemies, such as one group, she turned into a bull and charged into one group, only then to turn into a kangaroo and kick one in front of her afterwards. "They'll still have more access to bring more in. You realize this? Especially if they have more of those mini devices!" She told everyone while trying to be realistic.

"Aye, and it shall be satisfying when we eliminate every single force this Hydra has to offer!" Torunn declared bravely while cutting off a tank's turret and threw it at another Hydra Bot, destroying it with ease. She then lifted it up off the ground and threw it at the base, destroying a chunk of the wall.

Meanwhile, Janet and Hank were fighting together to protect Yvonne and Natasha, using their smaller size to their advantage. No matter how hard they tried, no one could hit the two hidden heroes, but they were sure being taken out one by one. "According to my calculations, we should be able to eliminate the forces they have, cutting their forces down by about 33%." Hank calculated in his head while throwing a soldier on the ground.

Ekaterina climbed on a soldier with her legs, wrapping them around a soldier as she electrocuted him with her stingers on her wrists. She then jumped off it and shot another one headed down the halls. "No big deal. As long as we continue this, we should be fine." She said confidentiality while getting another one of her guns out, shooting soldiers that were on their way to the fight. As she shot them, there were several bodies hitting the floor from her accurate shots.

Meanwhile, Yvonne and Natasha were setting up some of the last bombs in the base in the right spots while fighting off soldiers with their skillsets. Yvonne was able to get the last one ready before seeing a scythe almost hit her, blocking it with her shield and shoving the person using it. When she peaked her head out, she saw it was The Grim Reaper, another of Hydra's higher ups. She'd continue blocking the villain's relentless attacks before finally bashing him with his shield. "How many heads does Hydra have?!" She asked while throwing her shield at him.

The reaper was able to block the shield just in time with his scythe hand, but not before getting a knee to his face, and then was kicked away afterwards. But, he was able to shake it off without too much difficulty. "Far more than you can comprehend brat. However, you will not live long enough to be able to see them all." He threatened about to attack again.

Before the villain could hit her, he was soon blasted away by Iron Man, who has some damage to his armor from combat outside. "Eric ole pal, how's it goin? Still as crazy as ever?" He teased while preparing his repulsar blast for the villain, who could only stare at him.

The Grim Reaper glared at Tony, seeing he had activated something in his suit. Though he couldn't tell exactly what it was, he could tell it wasn't going to be good for him. So he immediately jumped to the stairwell and hopped up to the upper floors. "This will be a battle none of you will be surviving Stark. Remember this." He threatened before disappearing into the shadows. But in reality, he was just planning on getting Strucker out of the base with him. He did soon reach where the villain was, and kneeled before him. "My master, we should not stay here. The base is rigged with several explosives. This whole base will be destroyed in minutes." He informed Strucker in defeat.

Strucker could only show his evil smile, not in the least bit upset. "Very well. It was only a matter of time before they would do this." Strucker said without any anger. "This is why we have planned for this accordingly. This....is only the beginning." He added on as he pushed a button on his chair, part of the chamber he was in starting to close up together with the Grim Reaper. "A good captain goes down with his ship. An excellent leader survives to fight another day." He said as it soon flies in the air, leaving the base early.

Steve was in the middle of battling against Zemo when he saw the chamber fly off. Immediately, the first Avenger knew what this meant. "Strucker is getting away! He's leaving his own men behind?!" He shouted in disbelief before getting kicked off Zemo.

The purple suited soldier rushed at his long time for, sword in hand trying to cut at him. "Of course not fool. Did you already forget we can come and go as we please?" He asked with a smirk.

Loki soon flew towards Zemo, using his Sceptor to teleport the two away for this. "Remember Avengers. You have only won a battle.....not the war." He told everyone before vanishing.

As Loki was disappearing, Thor slammed down as if ready to grab his brother to bring him in. "LOKI! WAIT!" He called out in rage before realizing he was gone, and not coming back. Sure there were soldiers left to fight, and even some of them were retreating for now, but he lost his brother. He got away....again.... as he always does. While he was frustrated he wouldn't be able to fight his adopted brother, he knew that fighting with his allies was far more important for the time being. So after gritting his teeth in anger and squeezing the hilt of his hammer, the god of thunder jumped back into the fight, watching the enemy attempt to hold his other allies back to take them out with the base. So he flew in and fought off many of them with Natasha and her two daughters. "Loki's escaped again." He told her with annoyance.

The super spy placed a hand on his broad shoulder and looked at him reassuringly. "We'll find him.... we'll stop him. Don't you worry." She promised him before shooting another soldier in the head.

Yvonne was finishing a group of soldiers that were prepared to snipe her and ran back downstairs. "Thirty seconds left!" She shouted as she sprinted out in a hurry.

Thor grabbed a hold of Natasha, who held onto Ekaterina to be sure she wasn't left behind. "Hang on." He said calmly before flying out of the base in a mad fury.

Meanwhile, Yvonne escaped through a window near where everyone else escaped, but she didn't know if she was going to get far enough away from the base before it exploded. Thankfully for her, Torunn was nearby and grabbed her hand to fly her away. "I got you're back." She assured her while seeing Deirdre slice up some of the last soldiers in the area with her axe. Down on the ground, the rest of the team also was eliminating some tiny pockets of resistance by Hydra. Nothing too much left over for now at least. Especially since the Hydra base was just now blowing up in a firey explosion.

The team looked on, slightly scuffed and beat up from the fight they all had, but all alive. Steve stared at his son, seeing him standing tall with his energy shield and he realized what this meant. Tony may have been right.......he truly was like his father in their earlier days. James looked on at his father with a little shame in his eyes. "Dad, I-"

"Let's just go home son, everyone." Steve interrupted while walking everywhere back to the Quinjet they had. The Star Spangled Man knew that this was just the beginning.....but he knew that everyone deserved to rest after the experience they just had.

(Editor's note: this was such a long chapter to write, but it was worth it to build up this universe and what will be coming next! Hope you're enjoying so far! :3)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.3K 2.2K 35
▪ 𝚂𝚎𝚝 𝚍𝚞𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙰𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚜 ▪ ❝ 𝐖𝐞 𝐞𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥 ❞ ━━ Earth's Mightiest Hero...
150K 6K 19
During the second world war, Steve Rogers and the Howling Commandos took down the infamous Hydra. Destroying every remnant of the evil organization...
284K 4.5K 18
Y/N L/N has his life changed after meeting Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Takes place after The Avengers (2012) but none of the other Avengers films exis...
17.2K 871 25
Retreat. That word was not in my vocabulary, but it was the only thing we could do. If not, the Avengers would be lying dead on the grass behind the...