What Are You Doing? | M. Dani...

By deathkidlvl

A simple question started off a crazy story. More

WYD
CHRISTMAS
LIVING TOGETHER
TROUBLE
TANTRUM
OVERPROTECTIVE
DISTANT
CONFUSED
KISS
HBD
NORMAL
PROM
TENSION
COMFORT?
GRADUATION
CONGRATULATIONS
SURPRISE
LEAN ON ME
JEALOUS
JEALOUS (PT. II)
FAMILY
18 DINOSAURS
TIME FLIES
SECRET
CLINGY
ADOPTIVE MOM
FIRST DATE
SNEAKY
HAPPY
CONFESSION
WHERE ARE YOU?
DADDY'S LITTLE GIRL
PART OF THE FAMILY
ALL GROWN UP
DATE NIGHT

PRIVILEGE

875 64 10
By deathkidlvl

Narrator

Olivia's comment ended up affecting Y/n a bit more than everyone had expected. Y/n was being distant with everyone... even with Minji.

Being told that you're 'not good enough' was something Y/n was used to hearing and even feelings. The only difference this time....

Was that Y/n had just accepted that they had found a real family. People that actually cared and held them accountable.

It almost felt like just when Y/n felt like they didn't need to hold on to the thought of their mom... they didn't need to long for the warmth, nurture, and a safe place.... because they found it...

It all came tumbling down with what reality really was.

The Marsh-Mo Family wasn't actually their family and they weren't even good enough to be a part of it.

At least, according to a simple... yet harmful joke... from Olivia.

- Danielle POV -

"Just apologize!!" I kept on yelling at Olivia.

"No! If they can't take a simple joke then it's true. They can't get their shit together!!" Olivia yelled back.

Unlike the rest of us, Olivia hadn't learned that certain things were very triggering for Y/n. Olivia had been away at school and didn't know that we had all worked so hard to make Y/n feel comfortable. We had all worked so hard to understand that certain things just aren't jokes to Y/n.

"IT IS NOT A JOKE, OLIVIA!!!" I started to get angry.

I ended up having to send Minji home because of how awkward everything got. Minji also didn't want to be around if Y/n was just going to start ignoring everyone.

I could tell that Minji was interested in Y/n in some way and that's why she came to visit, so quickly... but even she realized that Y/n wasn't having a good time during our vacation.

"I WAS JUST TRYING TO SAY THAT Y/N ACTS LIKE SUCH AN IN-LAW!" Olivia yelled.

Her comment threw me off. I didn't know what to think of it, but I was still upset.

"THAT IS NOT WHAT Y/N HEARD. YOU LITERALLY TOLD THEM THAT THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!" I was getting so frustrated.

"IT WAS A JOKE!!" Olivia yelled back.

I sighed out of frustration.

Olivia wasn't getting it.

"Y/N LITERALLY GREW UP HEARING THAT AND BEING TREATED AS IF THEY WEREN'T GOOD ENOUGH! WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT?!" I was starting to lose it.

"HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF OUR MOTHER ABANDONED US BECAUSE WE WEREN'T GOOD ENOUGH?! WOULDN'T YOU START TO BELIEVE THAT IF WE'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR OUR MOM THEN WE'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR ANYONE ELSE?!!!?" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

- Y/N POV -

Walls in South Korea weren't as thick as back home. I could hear Danielle and Olivia fighting from the second floor balcony.

"How the hell am I supposed to know that?!" I heard Olivia yell at Danielle.

I'm pretty sure everyone in the house could hear them yelling. Maybe even the whole neighborhood.

"JUST APOLOGIZE!!" Danielle kept on screaming.

I had enough of it and finally got up from my seat. I stepped back into the house and walked over to the room the girls were fighting in.

"Y'all gotta stop yelling before someone calls the cops on us in a foreign country," I peeked my head in.

"Fine," Olivia huffed out.

It was a bit hard for me to try not to feel a bit bitter towards Olivia. She had just saved me from fucking up my livelihood a few weeks prior and now she was kind of a dick.

"KIDSS!!!" Mrs. Mo suddenly yelled.

"COME DOWN AND EAT DINNER!!" She followed.

I took a deep breath in annoyance. I hadn't realized I had been avoiding the whole family for so long. Now, I had to go and awkwardly sit at a dinner table with everyone.

- Olivia POV -

Dinner was a bit more tense than usual. Everyone seemed upset with me.

I started to feel like maybe I did fuck up a bit.

For my Dad and Mom to be acting the way they were, it meant that I had really hurt the baby of the family in some way.

"Thank you for the food," Y/n politely excused themselves right after eating.

"You didn't have to say that. It's not polite to make someone feel less than," Mom suddenly spoke up.

It seemed that Dani had filling in our parents on what happened.

"You have the privilege of not understanding what it's like to be Y/n. Why do you have to bring it up? Whether it was a joke or not," Dad suddenly got cold with me.

"I didn't think Y/n would react like that," I replied a bit nervously.

I started to realize I had fucked up really bad. Dad treated Y/n very hot and cold. He was very patient and understanding with them, but he was also very sensitive to Y/n's perception of just being a guest or a burden at our house.

Dad was very delicate when it came to Y/n, so him being mad at me meant that I really had messed up.

"Go apologize," Mom suddenly ordered.

I threw my chopsticks down in annoyance and marched up to go talk to Y/n.

"Apology accepted," Y/n coldly told me as I walked into our shared room.

"Huh?" I asked a bit confused.

"You have the privilege of not knowing what it's like to be in my position and I like it that way. I wouldn't want you to ever know what it's like to be me, so no I'm not mad at you for telling me I'm not good enough," Y/n sighed out.

I furrowed my brows a bit confused. "What are you mad about then," I asked.

Y/n took a deep breath and slowly let it out, before saying.... "I'm mad that you called me an in-law when I called you family."

Y/n looked dead serious, but I couldn't hold back my laughed.

"An in-law is family!" I chuckled out.

"You missed the entire point of the joke, because you got your feelings hurt!" I started to laugh.

"I didn't miss the joke!" Y/n rolled their eyes at me.

"I just can't date your sister. Specially, when she's about to go off to college and meet new people," I could see Y/n tighten their jaw.

I hadn't directly confronted Y/n about their feelings towards my sister, but it was clear that Y/n wasn't dumb. Unlike with Dani, that I had to confront her about her feelings, Y/n just caught on to the fact that I had been very suspicious of something.

"Well, you have all summer to lock her up. I don't know why the hell you're being all depressed about it when she likes you too," I started to tease.

"I can't disrespect your parents like that. Specially not your dad," Y/n exhaled.

I started to laugh at how childish Y/n and Danielle were. I didn't think Dani was being serious about Y/n's reasoning behind rejecting her.

"You're stupid. Mom and Dad would probably rather have you dating Danielle than any rando from the street!" I chuckled out, before flipping my hair over my shoulder and walking away.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.7K 1.2K 32
สœแด‡ส€ สŸแดแด แด‡ ษชs แด€ ส€แด€แดขแดส€'s แด‡แด…ษขแด‡, แด€ แด›แดกษชsแด›แด‡แด… แด…แด€ษดแด„แด‡ แดา“ แด˜แดssแด‡ssษชแดษด. sสœแด‡ แดกแดษด'แด› สŸแด‡แด› ษขแด; sสœแด‡'สŸสŸ แดแด€แด‹แด‡ สแดแดœส€ แดกแดส€สŸแด… แด€ ส™แด‡แด€แดœแด›ษชา“แดœสŸสŸส แด›แด‡ส€ส€ษชา“สษชษดษข ษดษชษขสœแด›แดแด€ส€แด‡. __ [๐˜๐š๐ง๐๏ฟฝ...
1.7K 141 5
Yeah, Minji's definitely convinced she's straight, even so when she is clearly head over heels for Haerin, a classmate and a friend who's too damn da...
25.3K 1.5K 27
Who the fuck are you? ๐€ ๐ฐ๐จ๐ซ๐ค ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐œ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง. ๐€๐ง ๐€๐๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐š๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง.