The Doctor, The Billionaire...

By MeganWriter

Faye Anderson is an OB/GYN who loves her job more than her social life, that is until one expected night chan... More

Be Social
Trouble Comes Knocking
You Never Called
Irateness and Incompetence
Something to Say
Hold Me Forever
I'm in Trouble
She Knows
Who is Colton?
The Normal Dr. Anderson
Anxiety Inducing
Bad Friend
The Rents'
Pain
House and Home
He's Home
Death Wish
Dramatic Entrance
Facing Them
Overbearing Danger
Don't Be a Hero
Its Only Pain
The Blame
How to Move On
Blinding Sorrow
The Gift of Life
Namesake
At Home
Holy Matrimony

Wedding Blues

308 12 0
By MeganWriter

Hey everyone! Sorry (for the billionth time) for another hiatus! I had a lot going on in my personal life and really had to focus on my family and my moms health- but we're doing so good now! Here's another chapter!

---------------------------------------------------------

I groan as the sound of knocking pulls me from my restless sleep. I should have swallowed my pride and brought my damn pregnancy pillow, but I hadn't wanted the embarrassment of bringing it to the resort Taylor was having her wedding at. 

The person knocks again and I sigh. I groan again, opening my eyes to see Colton's eyes already on me. 

"You're not gonna answer the door?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"I was hoping if I ignored it they would go away." He mumbles groggily before pulling himself out of bed.

I roll my eyes. Bastard should have answered the door faster- maybe I wouldn't have been woken up.

I allow myself time to admire Colton's bare back and torso as he heads towards the door of our suite. On his way to the door, I realize I don't even know what time it is, or what time we're supposed to check out of here.

I take a deep breath and roll myself to my other side so I can access my phone on the night stand. "Jesus Christ its only 8am." I mumble to myself.

Taking another deep breath, I pull myself to a sitting position in bed with my back resting against the headboard, and my hands resting on my stomach. The baby kicks in response to the movement, and I smile, rubbing my hands down my stomach.

I hear Colton open the door, and am surprised when I hear Taylor's voice. Unfortunately, its Taylors pissed off voice.

"Is Faye awake?" I hear her say with a clipped tone.

"She is now." Colton responds in the same short tone.

I wince, knowing that if those two decided to get into it, there would be no winners.

"Are you going to move to let me in Colton? I have things to do, places to be." Taylor answers.

I hear Colton huff before the sound of Taylor's heels hit the tile of our room.

Taylor turns the corner and I stare at her with my eyebrows raised. She shakes her head, and instead of heading for me, heads to the minibar.

"Help yourself." I mumble.

Colton enters the room, sending me a confused look. I shrug in response.

"Am I allowed to be here for this, or am I being kicked out of my room?" Colton asks, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Oh, you can stay. I think you're going to find this interesting." Taylor responds, popping the top off of a mini wine bottle and drinking straight from it.

Colton turns to me, his eyebrows again raised. I shrug again, genuinely confused about why Taylors here.

"Tay, is everything okay? Where's Carson?" I ask, feeling my nerves grow. 

She should not be this upset the morning after her wedding.

"He's finishing packing up the suite so we can leave for the airport and our honeymoon." She responds before turning and sitting on the end of our bed.

Colton gets in the bed as well, resting his back on the headboard as I am, and places a hand over mine on my belly. I give him a small smile, trying not to fidget.

"So I ended my friendship with half of my bridesmaids this morning." Taylor says nonchalantly.

My jaw drops as Colton just looks confused. My mind instantly goes to my moment with Carson yesterday, and how he cheered me up after Savannah and one of the other bridesmaids was nasty to me. What a fucking snitch.

"What the hell happened?" Colton asks confused.

Taylor looks to me, and I keep my eyes locked on Colton's hand on my belly.

"After you guys called it a night last night I came out of the restroom to Savannah and Carly talking shit about Faye for leaving early, among other things. I started yelling at them and Carson came around the corner to see what was happening." Taylor says, and I lift my eyes to make eye contact with her.

The other bitch was Carly. God I can't believe I didn't remember her name at all yesterday.

"When Carson figured out what was going on, he informed me that he had found Faye in tears in the hallway before the ceremony because of the things they said to her." Taylor says, taking a swig of her wine. 

I have not wanted alcohol this entire pregnancy more than I want it in this moment. Colton slowly turns to me, concern written on his face. "She didn't tell me about it." He murmurs.

I take a deep breath, and we both allow Taylor to continue. 

"After I found out about what they did to you earlier in the day on top of what I had just heard I kicked them out of the reception and told them to never contact me again." Taylor finishes, polishing off the mini bottle of wine. 

My jaw unhinges again, and my eyes bounce between Taylor's and Colton's expecting gazes. Before I can say anything to defend myself, Taylor speaks again.

"Why didn't you tell me? Why did I have to hear it from Carson?" Taylor asks, looking a little hurt.

I sigh, and wipe the tears that have formed in my eyes. "Taylor, it was your special day. I would have done anything to protect you. They were just being mean girls, it wasn't a big deal." I mumble.

"Not a big deal?" Taylor says, her voice cracking.

Colton raises his eyebrows at me, and I swallow the tears that want to spill. "Why don't you tell us what happened from your perspective?" Colton asks, squeezing my hand. 

I shrug, really not wanting to relive the moments where those women made me feel like my very existence was a burden.

"I was in the bathroom when the other bridesmaids went to sit on the couches outside the bathroom in the suite. Savannah didn't realize I was in there and started talking about how I was a bad friend and that I should have just dropped out of the wedding. She said that everyone was going to be focused on my giant baby bump and the attack from Michael, and not on Taylor. She said I was a horrible bridesmaid because I missed the bachelorette party, among other things. Her overall message was that I was a bad friend, and Carly didn't really say much other than back her up. Marcie chewed them out, and that's when I left so I could go cry in peace." I say, my voice breaking at the end. 

Colton's hand on mine tightens, and I take deep breaths to control the flood gates that want to open. Serious conversations and hormones do not belong together. 

Taylor abruptly stands, tossing her wine bottle into the trash before turning around with her hands on her hips. 

"You are not a bad friend, Faye. You're the best friend I could have ever asked for. You were there when everyone else thought I was too much work, or not worth their energy. You've been there for me more than my own parents were at times. What you went through is enough pain for a lifetime, and most people would have shut down, but you didn't. Despite everything you have still been there for me. I wish you would have let me be there for you when they were being so nasty to you."

I open my mouth to cut in, to remind her that it was her wedding day, and I would have done anything to make sure nothing went wrong, but she raises a hand to stop me.

"I know why you kept it from me Faye, and I probably would have done the same thing for you, I'm just communicating how frustrated I am with the whole situation, and that it even occurred in the first place."

I nod silently in agreement, and swipe the few tears that have slid down my face. "Are you doing okay? I know they were your friends, and I hate they would be so selfish on your wedding day."

Taylor shrugs, pulling another mini wine bottle from the fridge. "It hurts, but clearly they weren't real friends, and clearly they didn't care about me. If they did, they would have known hurting you hurts me too."

I nod, and stand to hug her as gracefully as I can with my belly. I hold tightly onto to her, knowing there will never be another friend like her, and knowing she will be the perfect godmother to our baby boy.

Taylor pulls back, swiping away a few tears of her own. As we pull apart, knocking sounds on our door for the second time this morning.

Colton sighs, and Taylor heads to the door, second wine bottle still in hand. 

Taylor opens the door, and I am unsurprised to see Carson standing there with his hands on his hips. "You told me you weren't going to tell her I told you! You told me you were grabbing coffee!" Carson snaps, looking pointedly at the wine bottle in Taylor's hand.

"Why yes my love, you may come in!" Taylor says sarcastically, stepping aside so Carson could enter. 

Carson huffs and walks past her to living area set up in our suite. I sit myself back in bed next to Colton and raise my eyebrows at the pair of newlyweds who now occupy our room as well. 

"You should have known I wouldn't have waited until we got back to talk to her about what happened." Taylor huffs, taking another swig out of her wine.

Carson rolls his eyes in response and turns to me. "I'm sorry. I wasn't going to bring it up to her but after I saw she was already getting into it with the bitchy bridesmaids I figured cat was out of the bag."

I shrug my shoulders. Before I can answer, Colton chimes in.

"I wish I had known right away." He mumbles, crossing his arms over his chest. 

I roll my eyes. "Don't you two have a plane to catch?" I ask, directing my attention back to Taylor and Carson. 

Carson checks his watch and shrugs. "We have time, but we should get moving. I'm going to go checkout, see y'all when we get back. If the trip goes super well, we may be joining you as parents." Carson says, waggling his eyebrows and standing. 

Colton and I chuckle, and Taylor slaps his shoulder on his way out. "I love you both, and I'm sorry it happened Faye. Also if you have that baby while we're gone I will never forgive you." Taylor says, coming in for another hug.

"You know I can't control that, right?" Taylor shrugs. "I'm not convinced you can't control it." She says smiling.

"Taylor, it is important to me that you know women cannot stop childbirth." I say as she heads to the door.

She turns around and blows me a kiss before she's gone, and Colton and I are finally left to some peace. 

"Why didn't you tell me?" Colton asks, turning on his side to face me. 

I shrug. "It honestly wasn't a big deal Colton. It was hurtful, and I wish it didn't happen, but there was nothing you could do. Being angry and blowing up at them would have ruined Taylor's wedding, it just wasn't worth it."

Colton hums in response, pulling me into his side. I use is chest as a pillow, and can already feel sleep calling my name again. "When do we have to be out of here?" I mumble.

"We don't have to be until tomorrow. I booked you a bunch of appointments at the spa." Colton says, placing a kiss on top of my head.

Tears find their way to my eyes again, and I look up at him as he grins. "I love you, but I am so sick of crying." I say, grateful he would do something like this for me.

He laughs, and brushes the tears off my cheeks. "Go back to sleep, baby." I close my eyes, thankful for everything in my life, even the ugly. Without the pain, I wouldn't be able to feel how truly good the good times are.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.6K 670 24
Half way through senior year Olivia has a drunken one night stand with her best friends friend. Then it turns into friends with benefits. Then it t...
419K 7.6K 31
After a nearly fatal car crash, Charlie is pronounced a miracle to remain alive. Once awakened from a month-long coma, she finds that her family had...
19.1K 253 36
doctor husband who is strict and shy ,innocent wife.
118 0 10
When the Sun meets the Sea. In a world where hearts are not easily won and love comes naturally, Creed and Serene embark on a journey. They face unce...