𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐄𝐌𝐏𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍.

By MRSBVRBIE

𝘕𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦.. More

preface.
chapter one.
chapter two.
chapter three.
chapter four.
chapter five.
chapter six.
chapter seven.
chapter eight.
chapter nine.
chapter ten.
chapter eleven.
chapter twelve.
chapter thirteen.
chapter fifteen.
chapter sixteen.
chapter seventeen.
chapter eighteen.
chapter nineteen.
chapter twenty.
chapter twenty one.
chapter twenty two.
chapter twenty three.
chapter twenty four.
chapter twenty five.
chapter twenty six.
chapter twenty seven.
chapter twenty eight.
chapter twenty nine.
chapter thirty.
chapter thirty one.
chapter thirty two.
chapter thirty three.
chapter thirty four.
chapter thirty five.
chapter thirty six.
chapter thirty seven.
chapter thirty eight. *LC*
newneww.

chapter fourteen.

7.4K 530 55
By MRSBVRBIE

late update ik lmfao sorry.
excuse any mistakes.

𝐌𝐢𝐞𝐤𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐩𝐫𝐢 𝐃𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐨𝐧
𝙹𝙴𝚁𝚂𝙴𝚈 𝙲𝙸𝚃𝚈, 𝙽𝙹.

"Mixed up the party pack, popped like a molly, I was the first young nigga rockin' Marni!" Dakota enthusiastically rapped out loud while standing on the living room couch, holding Cupid. "Young nigga, yeah, I'm raw like Maaly. Yeah, I'm so raw, I don't need to use a condom!"

Dakota's spring break kicked off last Monday and wrapped up on Friday. It's Tuesday now, and she's still here. She was supposed to go back to Tallahassee on Sunday night, but one of her professors canceled class because he wasn't ready to jump back into it after his break. So, Dakota's extending her stay until Wednesday.

"Girl put my baby down. He looks scared." Mieke chuckled at Cupid's startled expression.

"My bad Cupid." Dakota said as she stepped off the couch, gently placing Cupid down. Cupid hurried to the balcony door, excitedly jumping against it. Dakota unlocked the door, letting Cupid run outside. She left him alone and joined Mieke in the kitchen, asking "What are you making me for breakfast? It's my last day."

"I'm making noodles." Mieke glanced at Dakota and chuckled at her expression. "Bitch you are eighteen years old. You could cook."

"I'm just a girl though." Dakota huffed.

"Did you just call me a nigga?"

"You're a woman. I'm a girl." Dakota grabbed a bottle of cranberry juice out of the refrigerator.

"I'm making them my way, Do you want some?" Mieke asked and Dakota nodded, "Okay get the eggs out of the refrigerator for me. Who were you on the phone giggling with last night?"

"Girl some boy who claim I'm gonna be his girlfriend little do he know I'm transferring." Dakota replied while opening the refrigerator.

"Aw, You finally made your decision?"

"Yeah. In Tallahassee, it's just all about drinking and partying. Not to be a pick-me, but I'm not into the party scene. I get overstimulated quickly, and even if I liked parties, doing it every day isn't my thing. Momma told me to find places to go, but I tried, and there's nothing there. The Barnes and Noble there is disappointing, and Tallahassee just lacks excitement. It's a boring town, and the school and people are irritating. I planned to tough it out but nah. I can't deal with that school anymore. I even changed my mind about living in a small town because that school is in one, and it's the most boring thing ever."

"That's good. Honestly, when you told me you got accepted to FAMU, I was shocked."

"Why?" Dakota made a face.

"Since junior year you been talking about colleges, but that one never came up. So, when you said you got accepted there, it really surprised me. I didn't even know you applied, especially because it's so far away."

"I applied to that school because Alisah was going there—I didn't want to be alone in college. But then we stopped being friends, and now I guess it's karma because I'm alone. I don't even know what I was thinking. I regret choosing that college. I should've just gone to NYU."

"You probably shouldn't have applied just because Alisah was going there. Yall friendship was toxic. Yall was ending that friendship damn near every three months. But I get it; you didn't want to be alone. Now, as for Haveli and Khouri? Don't tell them that's the reason you applied. They gone shame the fuck out of you," Mieke remarked, and Dakota nodded with a chuckle. "Are you going to college here?"

"Nah," Dakota shook her head. Mieke furrowed her eyebrows, looking at Dakota intently. "I feel like everyone wants me going to school close to home just to baby me. Auntie told Momma that everybody babies me cause she kept pushing me to do college here, and Auntie ain't wrong. Y'all do treat me like a baby a lot. I know I am the baby, but the way y'all baby me, you'd think I'm some long-lost sibling asum."

"Okayy. Which schools did you apply to?"

"Spelman and Howard." Dakota grinned.

"Ouu not you gone be a spelmanite."

"Shut up, I didn't even get accepted yet."

"You gotta be positive, homegirl. Just believe you gone get accepted, and you gone see it happen. Anyways, enough about school. Tell me about ole boy though. What's his name?"

"Leland." Dakota said biting her cheeks so she doesn't smile but she ended up doing so anyways which made Mieke squeal "Bitch shut up. He's my roommates friend. I didn't tell you about this but my roommate, Kaniyah just in case you forgot her name, She invited me to her homegirls dorm and momma was on the phone so she was just pushing me to go and I ended up going even though I told myself I would never leave my dorm unless for educational reasons but anyways, She invited me to her homegirls dorm and we went and there was these two boys there and Leland is one of them. Right when I walked in that dorm room I said in my head how he's cute or whatever. It was chill. We was all just sitting there talking and girllll he said how he's an engineering major and that did it for me. You know I love a man in engineering."

"Mhm bitch you let us know every time." Mieke chuckled pouring the noodles into the bowl.

"So, we were all just in the dorm, just talking. Then, out of boredom, we decided to go to the movies since the new 'Scream' movie was out. We went, and girllll when we were at the movies I told myself how he definitely wants me because he made sure to be by me and shit. He even sat right beside me in the theater and car."

"Oh, girl, he wants you bad. I mean, out of all the places in that theater, and he chooses to sit by you? That's like a marriage proposal right there."

"So, like, two days later, Kaniyah and her friend Dominique wake me up, saying, 'Let's go to the café.' I don't know why, but I went. We get there, and guess who's there? Him and his friends so we all just talked. Then I said how I'm gonna get up and go to Starbucks, and he needed something from the school store so we both just decided to walk together. So we're walking and I was quiet and he gone go and ask 'You always this quiet?' and I was like 'Only around people I don't know.' He's like, 'Well, get to know me,' so we talking on the way to Starbucks. He ends up paying for my drink, which was nice. We talked the whole time we was together then we went back to where everybody else was and right when me and the girls were about to leave he asks for my number and from that day on, we've been talking."

"Awww. Do you like him?"

"He cool or whatever." Dakota shrugged.

"The way you two are reminds me of me and Keanu." Mieke mentioned, her expression shifting as she caught herself.

"How sway?"

"Yall got on FaceTime the same day yall got each other's numbers. That's like me and him."

"How yall met?"

"I never told you?" Mieke asked and Dakota shook her head, "Oh yeah. You was 6 when me and Keanu started dating and when you did get older or whatever I hated him. But you had miss Tate in high school right?"

"Yeah I did." Dakota nodded.

"So you know how she always gave those articles to write? I had to write an article on the football team. I always thought he was cute and I did have a lil crush on him. Well, Big. But anyways, I interviewed him and he asked for my number or whatever and I gave it to him blah blah blah we got to know eachother then you asked him if he was my boyfriend I was like no but he was saying he is then we dropped you off home and he asked me to be his girlfriend. I never expected our relationship to last as long as it did, considering how fast everything happened, but it did."

______

"Aileen, To treat someone you love badly cannot be excused by anything. There is always a reason for why people are the way they are, but it gives their actions no justification. You said that you like to save people and I want you to remember that this journey starts with themselves and that you can't save someone if they don't want to be saved. A lot of people stay in bad relationships hoping things will change, and yes maybe they will, but to stay in a place that only ruins your mental health only so it eventually gets better? No. Everyone deserves better than that." Mieke expressed to her client.

"Thank you." Aileen said wiping away her tears.

"It's not easy to let go, and just because I'm suggesting it now doesn't mean you have to act on it immediately. I understand how tough it is to leave someone you love. I'll see you Thursday."

Mieke and Aileen exchanged goodbyes before Mieke returned to her desk. Seated at her desk, she prepared to dive into her progress notes when her office phone began to ring.

"Hello? Mieke Dalton speaking."

"Mieke." Keanu's voice came through the phone.

"Keanu, seriously?" Mieke exclaimed, and Keanu chuckled in response. The tone of her voice this time hinted that she wasn't angry about the call, She wasnt thrilled but at least she's not mad.

"What I did?" Keanu asked.

"First, you made an appointment, and now you're calling my work phone."

"I don't know how else to talk to you. Whatchu doing later?" He asked, leaving her puzzled.

This was only their second conversation, so she couldn't quite figure out why he was asking about her plans for later already.

"Why do you want to know?"

"My bad. That was too forward. I was asking 'bout yo plans because I wanted to catch up. We ain't speak in years, and I know a lot of shit has changed. I don't want to pretend everything's perfect or act like what happened didn't happen because it did, and that can't leave my mind, and I'm sorry that happened. But I miss having you around, yo presence in my life meant a lot, and I just wanna catch up. I understand if youn want shit to do with me after what went down. I swear, I had nothing to do with that. I'll respect whatever decision you make, and if you need time, that ain't no problem."

Mieke felt a wave of shock. The man on the phone, sounding so different from the Keanu she remembered, left her in disbelief. He had always been mature, but this was a whole new side of him since their breakup. It was clear he had changed in ways she never expected.

"Yeah, I'm down for catching up. I don't have any plans after work today, so we can do it then. It needs to be somewhere private though; I'm not trying to end up on any tea pages."

"I could pay to clear out a restaurant."

"I don't wanna mess with nobody's eating time though. We could go to Lighthouse Tavern. They have a private spot. If that private spot's available, then we could sit there and catch up."

"Aight Ima check. What's yo number?"

Mieke gave her number to Keanu, who texted her from his phone, letting her know that it was him, and she then saved his contact details.

"Ima text you and let you know."

Mieke and Keanu exchanged goodbyes before ending the call, leaving Mieke to stare at Keanu's contact name on her phone screen.

This was not on her 2023 bingo card.

•••

happy pink friday barbies 💕💗💖💞💓

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.7K 1.4K 21
"𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐠𝐨𝐝𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲'𝐝 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 �...
278K 6.8K 31
𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐧 𝐛𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞.
112K 4.1K 23
"𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒌 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒎𝒆𝒂𝒏𝒔 𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒐𝒏𝒆'𝒔 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒚𝒐�...
44.5K 1.3K 23
𝘛𝘏𝘐𝘕𝘎𝘚 𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘕𝘎𝘌, 𝘗𝘌𝘖𝘗𝘓𝘌 𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘕𝘎𝘌, 𝘍𝘌𝘌𝘓𝘐𝘕𝘎𝘚 𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘕𝘎𝘌 𝘛𝘖𝘖.....