SERENDIPITY 「KJB」

By DaeyeoLION

"There I was again tonight Forcing laughter, faking smiles Same old tired, lonely place Walls of insincerity... More

Prologue
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6
Day 7
Day 8
Day 9
Day 10
Day 11
Day 12
Day 13
Day 14
Day 15
Day 16
Day 17
Day 18
Day 19
Day 20
Day 21
Day 22
Day 23
Day 24
Day 25
Day 26
Day 28
Day 29
Day 30 #FINAL
SPECIAL CHAPTER #1 : JUNG LEIA
SPECIAL CHAPTER #2 : HONG JOOCHAN & JANG AYA
SPECIAL CHAPTER #3 : KIM JIBEOM
SPECIAL CHAPTER #4 : CHOI SUNGYOON
SPECIAL CHAPTER #5 : THE LETTERS
SPECIAL CHAPTER #6 : KIM DONGHYUN & HA CHAERIN
SPECIAL CHAPTER #7 : BONG JAEHYUN & KIM HANNI
SPECIAL CHAPTER #8 : KIM AREUM
Epilogue

Day 27

29 8 4
By DaeyeoLION

Jibeom's storytelling
Jibeom wakes up in the morning as usual. He'd be the earliest to wake up so he'll always prepare some breakfast for all of the members. Master says that they are not going to have any activity today because it's the day for Joochan and Aya have their date for winning yesterday's matches with the most "Love Sparks" so Serendipity has prepared something special for them while the rest can just stay home or go anywhere. When Jibeom is at the kitchen, he sees Aya and Joochan are about to go for their date as Master tells them.

"Have a fun date" Jibeom says while sipping a cup of his coffee. Aya and Joochan smile.

"Thank you!" Joochan says.

"Oh Aya.. before you go, is Areum awake?" Jibeom asks as Areum sleeps with her and Leia.

"Oh yeah she woke up early in the morning. I've bathed her but she went to sleep again" Aya says. Jibeom nods.

"Thank you.. for taking care of my daughter.." Jibeom thanks Aya. Aya smiles widely.

"It's really okay! She's very easy to take care of too! Leia says the same. You raise her well, Jibeom" Aya says. Jibeom smiles.

* * *

Jibeom is sitting at the balcony with his laptop. Even though he's now having a vacation, his workaholic trait isn't fading from his head. He's doing his work while others are still sleeping.

After 40 minutes of doing his work, he stops to rest his mind. Suddenly, he gets some messages from Bomin.

Choi Bomin :
Hey hyung!

Kim Jibeom :
Hey.
Aren't you in camp now?

Choi Bomin :
Yeah
The facilitators gave us to use our phones for a while

Kim Jibeom :
Oh I see.

Choi Bomin :
How's the vacation?
Is it good?
How's LA?
Are you having fun?
Is Leia noona good?

Kim Jibeom :
It is fun.
LA is a beautiful city.
Areum and I are just fine.
Leia is doing good too.

Choi Bomin :
Of course it will!
Anyway, where's Areum?
I miss her

Kim Jibeom :
She's sleeping still.

Choi Bomin :
Oww too bad :(
Kiss her for me
Can't wait to see her again

Kim Jibeom :
I will.
Hey, what time is there?

Choi Bomin :
12 a.m.

Kim Jibeom :
You should sleep now!

Choi Bomin :
I will
Anyway
I have a favour
Can you please give this picture to Leia noona?

I got this from one of the facilitators
I wanna show this to her but I don't have her number
I just feel that she has to see this

Kim Jibeom :
Sure.
This is for you too.

Choi Bomin :
KIM AREUM!!
I miss you so much!!
Anyway hyung, got to go.
Please kiss her cheek for me!

Kim Jibeom :
I will.

Bomin and Jibeom end their chats.

* * *

At 10 in the morning, all the remaining Serendipity members have woken up. They feel bored as they have nothing to do. Joochan and Aya? Hmm. They are seemingly enjoying their date to the fullest. Areum is busy playing with other members while Leia is pondering at the back balcony, enjoying herself alone with the beach scenery. Jibeom sees Leia.

"Leia.." Jibeom approaches Leia. Leia seems not to look at him.

"Leave me alone.." Leia says.

"Leia.. I.. I am s—" before Jibeom ends his words, Leia cuts it.

"I don't wanna talk to anyone.. leave me alone.." Leia says. Jibeom sighs. He nods. He doesn't want to pressure her anyway.

* * *

Jibeom goes to his shared room. He lies in the bed. He sighs. Is Leia feeling dejected by yesterday's episode? Of course, she is. It's all his fault. Suddenly, he remembers the flower and the letter Leia wrote for him yesterday. Since the flowers are all been put in a same vase with other participants, he just remembers that he hasn't yet read the letter wrote by Leia. He takes the letter from his bag then he begins to read it.

"As I sit down to write this, my heart is filled with warmth and gratitude. You are the sweetest melody in the symphony of my life, bringing joy and harmony into every note. Your laughter is my favorite song, and your love is the sweetest verse.

In your embrace, I find my sanctuary, and in your eyes, I see a universe of love. Every day with you feels like a sweet, unwritten poem waiting to be penned. Your presence is the sugar in my coffee, making each moment richer and more delightful.

Thank you for being the sweetest part of my days and the warmest chapter in my story. I hope that our story here is just the first chapter of our journey. Here's to countless more sweet moments together.

Can you hear my heart?
I suggest you to hear to "Enchanted" by Taylor Swift :)

With love,
Leia"

Jibeom sighs. He feels even more guilty. Leia is pouring her heart but he has nothing to repay.

"You are a fool, Kim Jibeom!" Jibeom says.

* * *

"Jibeom... Jibeom.." Jibeom hears a voice waking him up from sleep. He opens his eyes. He sees a familiar figure who wakes him up. She looks like.. Leia? Jibeom looks into the woman's eyes in a few seconds. Why Leia is in the room of him and Donghyun? Wait a minute! She has a mole under her left eye and her lips! Is this... Choi Joo Ah?

"Joo... Ah.." Jibeom says. Joo Ah smiles.

"Yes, Jibeom.. this is me.. Joo Ah.." Joo Ah says. Jibeom hugs Joo Ah straightaway. He hugs her really tight. Without him realising, his tears fall down. He misses his wife so much.

"Joo Ah.. I miss you so much.." Jibeom says with a crack voice.

"I miss you too.." Joo Ah says.

"Joo Ah, how are you? Where have you been before? Why don't you wait for me, at least? Wait for me to wake up from coma... Joo Ah... let's go home.. okay? I miss you... I miss your presence.. I miss your cooking.. I miss your laugh.. I miss.. everything.. about you..." Jibeom looks at Joo Ah. Joo Ah shakes her head.

"I'm not going back to life, Jibeom. You have to let me go.." Joo Ah says. Jibeom shakes his head.

"No.. no.. I won't let you go.. you are mine.. forever mine.." Jibeom says while crying. He looks down. He's crying so hard. Joo Ah pats on Jibeom's shoulder.

"How about Leia?" Joo Ah asks. Jibeom looks at Joo Ah.

"She likes you, Jibeom.." Joo Ah says.

"No.. it's okay.. I only want you.." Jibeom says.

"Jibeom, you've been locking me in your desperation for 3 years.. let me go, Jibeom.." Joo Ah says.

"No... no... I'm sorry... I'm sorry, Joo Ah.. I'm sorry... just if I wouldn't have to lose my focus that day... just if I wouldn't have to argue with you that day... just if... just if I.. I agree with your opinion that day... you'd still be here.. you'd still be here.." Jibeom wails. He cries very loud. He's stating what he feels for a long time to Joo Ah. He feels regret. He feels sorrow.

"Jibeom.. hey, darling.." Joo Ah looks at Jibeom.

"You've done nothing wrong to me.. you've given me all I ever wanted in this world.. not a single day I live in sorrow because of you.. so stop blaming yourself. You aren't the reason of my death. You are not the reason for the accident.." Joo Ah says.

"Jibeom.. live well. Open your heart for her. She's a good person.." Joo Ah says. Jibeom looks at Joo Ah.

"B-but... how about you?" Jibeom asks.

"I'll be watching over you and Areum from above. I'm happy to see her to grow happily, independently. I wish I can hug her for the first time... but I can't.. so Jibeom... have a good life. Areum needs someone to love her. Areum needs a mother to care for her.." Joo Ah says.

"B-but.. you are her mother.." Jibeom says.

"Jibeom... I can't do anything now.. I'm no longer belong to this world. However, I'm happy to see you and Areum happy. I'm sorry.. for leaving you both so soon.. but you should be happy. You should smile often.." Joo Ah says. Jibeom hugs Joo Ah back.

"Be happy. Let's meet again later in Heaven. I'll be waiting for you and Areum.. and Leia too.." Joo Ah smiles. She light-kissed Jibeom's lips.

"I love you, Joo Ah. I'm sorry... I'm really sorry.." Jibeom hugs Joo Ah. He cries in Joo Ah's arm.

"Goodbye, my love. I'll be watching over you.. I love you.." Joo Ah says and she fades away with the wind.

"Joo Ah! Joo Ah!" Jibeom shouts when Joo Ah fades away.

* * *

"Joo Ah!" Jibeom wakes up from his sleep. His eyes are drenched with tears. He sighs. It feels so real. Joo Ah... it's so good to hear your voice again.

Jibeom takes his phone from his pocket. He sees some messages from Serendipity app.

* * *

Kim Hanni :

I'm so obsessed with Jibeom's daughter!

Jang Aya :
Why is she so cute?!!!!

Bong Jaehyun :
I know right?!

Kim Donghyun :
She's very independent too!
She's too cute!

Hong Joochan :
She's pretty like her name!

Kim Hanni :
But where is her father?😑
How dare you to leave your daughter alone!

Ha Chaerin :
Jibeom?
Where are you?
Areum is searching for you

Kim Jibeom :
I'm coming.
Sorry. I had a nap just now.

Kim Hanni :
Jibeom!
Come downstairs too!
Leia has just finished cooking!

Jibeom gets up from the bed to wash his face, then he goes to the kitchen.

* * *

Jibeom sees that Leia has prepared their lunches. It's all Korean menus, but what is making him shock, Leia makes kimchi stew. His favourite dish of Joo Ah's cooking.

Jibeom takes a sip of the kimchi stew. Jibeom feels shocked. The taste... it's really same like Joo Ah's version. All of it. It's the same. This is the cooking that he misses very much from Joo Ah. Jibeom starts to feel nostalgic. His eyes start to fill with tears.

"Leia! You're really a great cook! Especially this kimchi stew! It really tastes different from others!" Jaehyun says.

"Thank you! It's actually my family's recipe" Leia says.

"Leia.. are you.. making your own gochujang paste?.." Jibeom says. Leia who is currently sitting in front of him begins to look at him.

"Oh.. yeah.. why? Is it taste bad to you?" Leia asks. Jibeom slowly shakes his head.

"No.. it is... too good.." Jibeom replies while taking another bite of rice and the kimchi stew. His tears flow down. Everyone starts to feel panic.

"Jibeom.. are you.. okay?" Leia asks Jibeom. She feels panicked to see Jibeom is crying. Jibeom gets up from his seat. He runs to the bathroom straightaway. Everyone feels weird but a bit panicked. What's wrong?

* * *

After Jibeom feels better after crying, he gets out of the bathroom. As soon as he gets to the kitchen, everyone has already finished eating. Only Leia is there, sitting as if she's waiting for Jibeom to comeback and finish his meal. Jibeom approaches his seat.

"Have you done?" Jibeom asks while sitting on his seat back. Leia nods.

"Where's the others?" Jibeom asks.

"They are upstairs.." Leia says. Jibeom nods. Jibeom then takes his spoon to continue eating his lunch.

"Are you... okay?" Leia starts the conversation. Jibeom looks at Leia.

"I'm okay" Jibeom smiles.

"Is there anything.. bothering you?" Leia asks. Jibeom shakes his head.

"This kimchi stew.. just reminds me of Joo Ah's cooking.. it feels the same.. totally same.." Jibeom says. Leia nods.

"I'm sorry.. if it perhaps 'unlocks' your old memory with Joo Ah.." Leia says. Jibeom smiles.

"This is.. what I've been missing for so long.." Jibeom says while eating.

"You can request to me if you want to eat this.. I'll cook for you.." Leia says. Jibeom nods and he smiles.

"I.. I know I can't beat Joo Ah in your heart.. but at least.. if.. if it will help you both with the grief.." Leia says.

"Thank you... thank you for everything.." Jibeom says.

*   *   *

Jibeom shows Leia a picture that Bomin wants to show her.

"Ahh it's been a while! I miss him so much!" Leia says while looking at Sungyoon's picture through Jibeom's phone.

"You aren't contacting him?" Jibeom asks. Leia shakes her head.

"I think his phone line is out of service.." Leia says. Jibeom nods.

*   *   *

In Serendipity app,

Hong Joochan :

Jang Aya :

Kim Donghyun :
Have you both forgotten the way home?
I can send the location

Hong Joochan :
I can smell jealousy🫣

Kim Donghyun :
Ugh

Bong Jaehyun :

We've becoming her babysitter all day

Jang Aya :
Areum!!!
Why are you so cute?!!!😍

Hong Joochan :
Where's her father?

Kim Donghyun :

This workaholic man

Ha Chaerin :

Everything he can think is his work

Hong Joochan :
Ya!
Take it easy!
Why don't you enjoy your vacation first?!

Bong Jaehyun :
Anyway guys
Donghyun, Hanni, Chaerin, Leia and I are going out
We have something to find
Jibeom!
Areum is sleeping in the living room

Kim Jibeom :
Noted.

Hong Joochan :
Jibeom...😂😅

Jang Aya :
He's indeed a dry texter

* * *

Areum wakes up crying. After everyone leaves, Jibeom takes his chance to do his work inside, in the living room, so he can do his work at the same time, he can monitor Areum. Areum looks at Jibeom. She gets down off the sofa and then she goes into Jibeom's embrace. Jibeom hugs Areum and he kisses Areum's head.

"Why are you crying, princess?" Jibeom asks.

"Areum dreams.. omma.." Areum says. Jibeom pats on Areum's head. He did too.

"Areum misses omma.." Areum says. Jibeom hugs Areum really tight. He misses Joo Ah too.

* * *

Jibeom informs in the group that he goes out with Areum. Jibeom is actually bringing Areum to find some presents and souvenirs for their family in Korea.

"What do you wanna buy for halmonie, harabeoji, samchon and others?" Jibeom asks Areum.

"Emmm.." Areum says while thinking about what gifts she wants to buy for Joo Ah's family and Jibeom's family in Busan. Jibeom is just looking at Areum in curiosity. While Areum is busy searching for her gifts, Jibeom is searching for some gifts for Serendipity members too, since they only have 3 days left before Serendipity ends. Time flies so fast, it's now Day 27. Jibeom sighs. Is this moment is going to repeat after this?

After a few minutes, Areum picks some items she wants to give to the family and put it in the basket that Jibeom has. Areum takes a blue whale plushie.

"Bomin samchon!" Areum says. Jibeom laughs.

"You wanna buy this for Bomin samchon?" Jibeom asks. Areum nods. After she puts the plushie in the basket, she rans to the flower section.

"Appa! There!" Areum says. Jibeom comes to Areum.

"What is it?" Jibeom asks.

"This! For omma!" Areum says while pointing out to an artificial red rose bouquet with a keychain set.

"I've bought something for Leia.. let's share the gift" Jibeom says. Areum shakes her head.

"No.. for omma.. Areum's omma.. Joo Ah" Areum says. Jibeom smiles. He takes the bouquet that Areum points to.

"You wanna give this to omma?" Jibeom asks. Areum nods.

"Let's buy this, okay?" Jibeom says. Areum nods enthusiastically.

* * *

At night, Jibeom is still sitting at the balcony. He takes out his notebook to write some letters for Serendipity members. He's planning to give those letters alongside the gifts he bought for them. At the same time, he's writing a letter for Joo Ah. Even though Joo Ah will not be able to physically read it, Jibeom feels like he wants to do it, so he can leave the letter at Joo Ah's resting place.

After a few minutes,

"Jibeom.." Leia calls Jibeom from the sliding door. Jibeom looks at Leia.

"Let's go eat our dinner. I've just finished cooking. Everyone is waiting for you" Leia says. Jibeom smiles and he nods.

-To Be Continued-
✔️vote
✔️comment
✔️share

A/N :
Happy New Year of 2024!
May 2024 will be a great year for all of us!
Let's put aside all the worries and let's throw away all the bad memories behind!
Let's start with a new life!
Let's be happy!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

428K 23.3K 46
Story by Cutegir2002 ____________________ Jeon jungkook loves his girlfriend Lim Somi the most in the world. He is ready to do anything for her. Jeon...
229K 4.9K 49
They've known each other since they were eleven, inseparable best friends for as long as they can remember, but long distance and spotty behavior cau...
705K 40.7K 79
Story by cutegir2002 ** A story about The CEO of Jeon Passion ent. Jeon Jungkook and his secretary Kim Taehyung. Two exactly opposite people, with tw...
173K 12.1K 70
🐥🐰 : Pure Fiction 🖤 __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ Story Description : "Don't look at me like that" Jungkook whispers panic...