A Study On Destiny

By Marvel_POVs3456

You have all heard of the tales of lucky candidates of gavaldon being stolen from their homes to be taken to... More

1: Nervous?
2: Bloody birds
3: A Final Goodbye... For Now
4: Something is very wrong here
5: Errrm what?
6: Shits going downnnnnn
7: A rude awakening
8: Lesso's classroom
9: Lesso's Classroom Pt 2
10: The Clearing
11: Something (Not So) Ugly Happens
12: Not So Ever-Like
13: Just More Trouble...
14: The Best Type Of Evil
15: Just A Light Snack
16: History
17: A Delightful Dinner
18: Spooky Scary School At Night
19: Clues!
20: Tension Is Rising
21: Only The Best And The Bravest
22: Whats Your Talent, My Dear?
23: Magic Of Great Power
24: Alphabetical Maddness
25: Are You Mental?!
26: Powers I Will Never Match
27: Down The Rabbit Hole
28: And.. Why The Gloves??
29: The Lunch Before
31: How Do You Defeat Such A Powerful Being?

30: The Ceremony

54 4 0
By Marvel_POVs3456

"Yeh and she said I had a nemesis dream. Saying I could redeem evil. How cool is that!" Ana whispered to Jay who's jaw hadn't left the floor. They walked to the hall for the ceremony practically shoulder to shoulder. So Ana prayed no one heard "She told me not to say anything so-"

"Oh my mouth is shut but holy shit! Girl so that's what happened to your hands," Jay started before Ana silenced him with an elbow to the side "Ow!"

"Shush! Do you want the whole school to know?"  Ana exclaimed as they all started to emerge from the grand doors into the celebratory hall. "Besides have you heard the rumours?" 

"Yes and they are ridiculous. No one can rig the trials ranks," Jay said with a chuckle "Do you really think they will do it?" 

Ana paused as they walked to their seats before answering "Truthfully... No," She laughed as she looked upon the ridiculous students filing in "Have you seen them? They are all useless, idiots in fact," 

"Indeed they are," Jay laughed before they sat in the front row, as all the other seats were taken. No one wanted to face the deans wrath today as they were as bad as each other this year. Ana turned to the stage before them and looked upon the two deans in their thrones. Neither staring at each other and both looking... well... depressing really. 

It wasn't long before the Evers could be seen as the sea of Nevers cleared. Ana scanned the benches for one person. Scanning for the bright ginger hair. She searched and searched but nothing came of it. Maybe he was late Ana thought. Like clockwork, speak of the devil and he shall appear. The bright ginger hair quickly shot through the Evers doors and went to sit down at the back of the hall. Gregor! The feeling of relief swirled through her body and she let a breath, of which she was holding in, go. Ana rushed to the back of the hall to greet her brother.

"Gregor!" She exclaimed rushing over to her brother and bombarding him with a hug the first opportunity she got. As he got up she embraced him with a hug. 

"Ana," Gregor said as the air was pushed out of him as Ana ran into him. "How have you been?" 

"That's definitely a hard on to answer. I bet that's the same for you," 

"Yes yes it is indeed," He chuckled and as he did Ana's eyes wandered to the ranking on his shirt. No. 400. He is the lowest ranked in the school. "I can see a lot has changed. Your voice, your hair. Did you dye it? Or charm it?"

Ana forgot her hair had turned at least 3-4 shades darker then how it used to be. Her straw coloured hair was no more as a light chestnut brown covered her whole head of hair. "Yes I used a charm," She lied as she tossed her hair to the front to show him "Do you like it, brother?" 

"It's definitely a change," He said brushing his hair from his forehead revealing a large bruise "Maybe even I can do with a change," 

"What happened to your head?" Ana asked worryingly

"Oh I lost a duel to Tedros. He swung a wooden plank at my head," He smiled as Ana could hear the group of boys starting to laugh at him "I am well, sister. I was only out for...  3 hours maybe," 

"3 hours. That boy is lucky I don't burn him alive," Ana said loud enough that the groups laughter stopped immediately. "You know what," Ana felt that same anger she did in Yuba's lesson. The rage as hot as fire and it filled her heart then slowly progressed through her body. Like an electrical fire, exploding suddenly and nearly impossible to get a grip of once it starts. "Tedros! I swear you lay one more hand on my brother I will burn you alive. Are you having a toddler temper tantrum again because you could not have my hand? So you take it out on my brother, well," Ana's hands started to product flames as she advanced towards him. "You are just a spoilt fucking brat," It was then Ana produced a large fireball and projected it at the group. It exploded and set the benches and walls alight. The Evers ran screaming from the burning of the hall. 

All Ana could hear was the screams of the Evers, especially the girls. Yet she didn't enjoy the chaos for long before a professor from the good school extinguished the fire and one of the wolf guards threw Ana over his shoulder while the professor also extinguished her flaming hands. She was walked back over to the bench and slammed her down. 

"And stay down Never!" It yelled before walking away. 

"What was all that about?" Jay asked with a mix of concern and shock. 

"I'll tell you later," Ana said

"But-"

"SHUT UP!" Lady Lesso screamed over all the commotion even scaring Dovey beside her. "Everyone, find your seats. Lets begin," 

Dovey hummed in agreement yet Lesso had a plastered smirk on her face. Ana could see right threw it, which was odd as Lady Lesso always had her emotions on a tight leash, Ana wondered why she had let that go. Dovey then said in an overly chirpy voice "To access ones magic, one must first unlock ones finger glow,"

"Once you've mastered your finger glow, it will prove to be invaluable," Lesso announced as chatter erupted around the hall as the talk of ones finger glow came into conversation. Of course all the second years were not getting their finger glow today, they were only here to hear about the coming weeks to the trial. How it will work and what to study to get to the top. "Shall we?" 

It was then the two deans fingers glowed. Dovey's glowed a golden colour like her dresses and Lessos's a bright angry purple. It was then that two key like things appear beside them. One made from the best gold of the land. Some say it was even the gold that Jack had stolen from the giants when he ventured to the sky. Others say it is made from the gold the 7 dwarfs harvested from their mining business and gifted to the school. The other was made from silver, pure silver. Most speculate that it is made from unicorn blood as they are creatures of which no hero would harm. Others say it was harvested from the horns of maleficent and the ivory type material had a silvery shine to it. For Raven's sake... I hope its the first one.   

"Have no fear Evers," Dovey started as she grabbed the floating key and held it in her left hand "Good feels no pain," The Evers huddled together excited but nervous to receive their finger glow. 

"Nevers," Lady Lesso laughed evilly as she grabbed her floating key and held it in her right hand "... it's going to hurt," Nevers prepared themselves as they were about to run the most important race of their life. They wanted to be the first to receive their powers. Lady Lesso prepared herself to be bombarded with students running her way, hoping not to get topped over like a few years before. Lets just say that childs time in the doom room was... lengthy. "Line up!"

It was then all the Nevers came sprinting towards Lady Lesso. Pushing to get first in line. Unluckily, Ana got the brunt of it as she was sitting closest yet she somehow managed to up hold her 3rd place spot in the line. She waited as Morana, the girl who can curse those with warts and pimple, was first. Jade, who had the power to blow things up, was second and then it came Ana's. She didn't see much of the other twos so she had no idea how this was to happen.  

Then she saw it. The ghost behind Lesso, he stood there still as a statue per usual. She didn't realise she had her hand out for Lady Lesso to stick with that bloody key. "Ow!" Ana complained 

"Move along Miss. Charming," Lady Lesso said coldly not even looking at her 

"It's here," Ana said without removing her eyes from behind Lady Lesso

"What is?" The dean questioned finally looking at her student. 

"The ghost thing," Ana said fearfully as she looked up at Lesso's face of which was tensed.  "It's behind you,"

"This is no time for practical jokes Miss. Charming," Lesso's voice strained "Move along," 

"But he is stand-" 

"Move. Along," She said as her face stayed stone cold. Ana stayed shocked for second before the student behind her pushed her out of the way. Ana just continued forward and sat back down, waiting for Jay to return. It didn't take long before he did. 

"That hurt more then I thought it was going to," Jay said rubbing his glowing green finger better. 

"I mean on the bright side," Ana started as she stared at her orange glowing finger "At least the Evers can actually fight back now," 

"That's what has you most concerned?" Jay asked in disbelief 

"No," Ana laughed "I just thought all of a sudden. We may have some real competition now," 

It was a good 20 minutes before everyone of the first years had a finger glow. The second years sat waiting both patiently and not so patiently. It was not until the deans swished their hands and the keys disappeared that the conversation of the trials begun. 

"Well now for the topic of which you all, or most of you," Dovey stated mumbling the last part "have waited for so patiently. The Trials by tale," 

"10 candidates from each school will compete for the chance to win their school the honour of many positives throughout the year," Lady Lesso explained "Only the best of each school will get to show the rest of us what it takes in the battle for life and death," 

"I must warn those thinking who think of taking part that this is a dangerous night. Not only are you being hunted by the competitors of the other school but also the dangers of the blue forest," Dovey said with a warning in her voice yet to all it seemed very faked. "It is no easy task to complete,"   

No sentence the two deans said discouraged the students from wanting to be in that top 10 of the whole school. Ana sat there still motivated to get into that forest. She wasn't sure where this passion came from and like her anger would come out of no where, in bursts. It was like an obsession growing. Yet as she stared around the room the ghost remained in the hall standing behind the deans. It stared at her as its body began to surround itself with the blood magic of which it gifted Ana. As it did the growing for violence, rage and all were purely evilly fuelled. It was the power, Chris was right. Ana was in fact going insane! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18K 927 23
Y/N L/N daughter of the evil queen escaped her abusive past in her small town and is selected to attend the school for good and evil. Will she fall f...
41K 1.1K 18
𝗔𝗡𝗘𝗜𝗥𝗔 𝗈𝖿 𝗚𝗔𝗩𝗔𝗟𝗗𝗢𝗡 lived alone with 𝗔𝗚𝗔𝗧𝗛𝗔 of 𝗚𝗔𝗩𝗔𝗟𝗗𝗢𝗡. The two women were believed to be witches because of where they...
16.5K 367 10
A young girl named Willow lived in a small village called Gavaldon. Willow doesn't have any family or any friends from school in Gavaldon. She is kin...
7.9K 241 16
Yn Yl, a regular girl from Gavaldon...or so she thought. An abusive past, mental healt problems and a family who doesn't love her. But, is she really...