The True Meaning Of Justice (...

By KiryuBlake257

This happened after Lyney's Trial and Navia during the serial disappearance case, the Chancellor of Fontaine... More

About My Character
Talk About Myself and Other Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Chapter 5

169 5 0
By KiryuBlake257

Soulas was looking for a way down to the Duke's Office while Clorinde carrying Freminet following him behind. They've met up with a guard and tell him that the Duke's inside with the Traveler and Lyney. Soulas knew that Lyney would be here asking Wriothesley about his siblings. They've made it inside and saw Wriothesley, Sigewinne, Traveler, Paimon and Lyney while Clorinde placed Freminet on the ground.

Clorinde: Some space, please.

Wriothesley: Ah, Miss Clorinde. My door.

Wriothesley wasn't expecting that Soulas would came here as well. He looked at him with a unique expression and he remember that he asked him to come down here to evacuate the people when the Primordial Seawater is on the rise.

Soulas: Hello, Lord Wriothesley. ( he smiled at him)

Wriothesley: Good to see you too, Soulas. How have you been?

Soulas: Good recently.

Aether and Paimon walk towards him

Paimon: What's going on? What are you both doing here?

Clorinde look at them for a second before heading towards Wriothesley

Clorinde: Work.

Wriothesley look at Lyney as he was standing up from a tranquillizer shot from Ms Sigewinne. As soon as he saw Freminet, he quickly ran to him

Lyney: Freminet? FREMINET!!

Ms Sigewinne look at Lyney as she apologize to him

Siegwinne: I'm sorry about shooting you, Mr. Lyney. The tranquilizing effect will begin to wear off soon. Please take it easy in the meantime, though.

Lyney: ...What happened to Freminet? Wasn't he diving just outside of the fortress? Why is he looking like... Like this...

Aether and Paimon go to Lyney and Freminet as Ms Sigewinne check up on him.

Aether: These symptoms...can it be?

Sigewinne: A flushed face and accelerated pulse... He must have consumed Primordial Seawater.

Lyney was very shocked to hear that Freminet consumed Primodial Seawater when he was investigating outside.

Lyney: What did you say!?

Sigewinne: Please make some space. I'll need to give Mr. Freminet a more thorough check-up. Your Grace, I'll leave the rest to you.

Wriothesley: I'll talk to Clorinde and Soulas while you're getting Freminet to safety. Everything else can wait.

Soulas was looking at Lyney and it made him very worried like he almost lost his brother but luckily Clorinde managed to save him in time. For a few minutes he looked back and talked to Wriothesley.

Clorinde: What's that look on your face? I thought we made good time on the way back.

Wriothesley: Oh, I'm just admiring your punctuality. Had you arrived just a few minutes later, Sigewinne may have been forced to shoot Mr. Lyney again.

Wriothesley: How's the situation out there?

Clorinde: The water has changed. It's pretty much as expected. The concentration of Primordial Seawater has increased significantly.

Clorinde: I was only out there a short time, so it wasn't too bad. But if one were to stay for any significant amount of time... Well, you can see how that boy is doing.

Wriothesley: Where was he when you found him?

Clorinde: The abandoned zone at the end of the pipes. A good distance into the water.

Wriothesley: Closer than I thought. He must have recognized it early on, and tried desperately to swim back.

Soulas: I've already locked down the pipes area of the door to ensure that Lyney will not be to rash in saving his brother. Otherwise, we cannot save them in time.

Clorinde: He's right. Locking the door was necessary. I don't think we could have saved two.

Wriothesley: Well, I did try to convince them that I had my reasons... Never seems to work, though.

Clorinde: It would probably work on Neuvillette. He has a knack for picking out who had good intentions even when the outcomes were all terrible.

Wriothesley: Eh... It's a bad sign if you're having to plead your case to Neuvillette.

Soulas chuckled at him for that

Soulas: Well, that's his part of him.

Wriothesley smiles at him

Wriothesle: It sure is.

Wriothesley: Want some tea?

Clorinde: Not particularly. If you want to drink some that badly, just say so.

Soulas: I've already had coffee during my tea break so you can have it.

Wriothesley: Fine, I'd like to get some tea. Want me to get you a cup too, since I've already made it?

Clorinde: Eh, might as well then, I suppose. Actually, do you have a towel? I would like to dry my hair.

While the three of them going outside, Soulas looked at Freminet.

Clorinde stopped and looked at him

Clorinde: You coming?

Soulas turned to look at her.

Soulas: I'll stay here to help them carry Freminet to their rooms. I'll join you later.

Clorinde: Okay. Just don't be late.

Soulas: I won't.

Clorinde left to go with Wriothesley. While Soulas is helping Lyney and Aether while Sigewinne came back with Lynette.

Lynette: Lyney! Oh! Aether, Paimon, you're here too!
Lynette notices the unconscious
Freminet...

Lynette: ...Freminet? Is he...

Sigewinne: He'll be fine. But for now, please help me lift him up.

Lyney and Lynette immediately come to lift Freminet up. With their help, Freminet also manages to swallow a dose of Sigewinne's medicine.

Freminet: ...Ugh...

Lyney: His breathing's beginning to slow down.

Sigewinne: Give me a hand and help me get him to the infirmary.

Lyney: Yeah, I'll take him from this side. Lynette? Together?

Lynette: On it.

Sigewinne: Aether, you seem pretty worried about him. Want to come with us?

Aether: Very well.

Paimon: The Duke and Clorinde are gone...

Sigewinne: They probably went to get some tea. The Duke will explain the truth in just a bit. Miss Clorinde will need a break, since she only just returned from rescuing Freminet out of the sea.

Aether: (Clorinde saved Freminet from the sea... Just what happened there?)

Paimon look at Soulas

Paimon: Soulas, aren't you going with them?

Soulas shook his head

Soulas: I'll meet up with them after I help you guys with Lyney and his siblings

Aether: Thank you.

After that, they all went up to where Lyney's room inside the Fortress as Ms Sigewinne give Freminet the medicines as he lie down. Soulas went outside the door.

Soulas: I'll be leaving. I need to catch up with Clorinde.

Siegwinne: Thank you, Mr Soulas!

Aether and Paimon look at him for a while before he left to find Clorinde and Wriothesley. As he was about to find them he have thoughts about what's going to happen.

Soulas: The Primordial Seawater is on the rise, we have to evacuate everyone.

He thought about that for a while before heading down to the cafeteria.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.8K 715 30
Justice is not at all what it seems in Fontaine. [Does contain heavy topics]
48.1K 2.5K 22
━âœĻ𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐌𝐄 𝐀𝐒 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐖𝐈𝐅𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐀 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑? ( royal AU ) In which, a noble lady of a prestigious family finds herself...
16.6K 472 13
TW// many trigger warnings. Don't take this lightly! The legend of the first calamity caused by the Hydro Dragon was one to shake people to their cor...
31.2K 382 11
In a world called Teyvat a traveller was just doing his everyday routine when suddenly he felt something was wrong. Suddenly in the beach on mondstad...