|[Jealousy Overtakes]|

By haechiessun

[Soulmate au] Suh Huijin,a pretty mysterious college girl with a dark past,doesnt believe in soulmates. Mark... More

᯾Characters᯾
᯾Informations᯾
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 23

77 2 0
By haechiessun

3rd P.O.V

Eversince the prom, they had been getting closer each day. Hanging out after they were done with classes, having a sleepover at their house, walking to class together, waiting outside their class to walk home together, feeding each other and any other things that includes couple stuff.

Anyone could see they were meant for each other and they are starting to fall for each other but the couple denied their feelings saying it was just maybe a fling or just a mistake. Their friends eventually got annoyed at them being oblivious and dumb of course for not confessing their love. Which is why theyre planning for a beach trip next week, staying at Chenle's vacation house.

"You need to be having atleast a free day to hangout. Cmon! Its not that hard right?"

"I know something's that hard as fuck."

"Lee Haechan!"

"Ow fuck! Bitch stop hitting me- AAHH WHAT THE FUCK NA JAEMIN!"

Haechan rubs the spot where Jaemin pinched very hard, it might leave a bruise that looks like hickey.

"Okay so-"

"Shut up before i fucking smack your flat head." Renjun threatened him, glaring at Haechan before he shuts his mouth not daring to set a timer bomb on him.

"My head's not flat." He mumbled which Renjun ignored rolling his eyes. "Anyways we're having a beach trip next week and youre not allowed to say no."

"Aww i was gonna ditch dong your house tomorrow morning."

"Does that ruin our plans next week Lee Haechan? It does not but count me in, call me when youre about do ding his door."

"Im not gonna drag your big ass to my car to ditch him. Youre going to drag my ass to your car instead Lee Minhyung." Mark rolled his eyes at his government name.

"Okay Lee Donghyuck, on it sir."

"I almost-"

"Dont you dare finish it Donghyuck i swear to god." Mark sighed almost strangling the poor boy who had his famous annoying smirk on his face.

"I just-" before he could finish his sentence, Mark already had his hands on him, strangling the poor boy.

Their soulmates just laughed at their childish tactics. The girls sat together at the other table leaving the boys on their own, spending time.

"I swear i almost thought Haechan is gay or something from the way he always follow Mark everywhere." The others agreed. "And here i thought i got into someone's relationship by being Mark's soulmate."

"I mean you did tho." Haerin said sipping her soulmate's drink.

"You got a point."

"Serious questions. Are you finally has come to your senses that you love Mark?" Sungyeol whispered, looking at Mark's direction to see if he's paying attention to their topic, thankfully he's still occupied with Haechan.

Haechan's trying to kiss Mark's neck and cheeks but Mark being himself, he avoids it. Poor Haechan

"Lower your voice! And no i dont love him cmon! Its a mistake okay! I mean if i do, he wouldnt say it back to me cause im no one to his persepective." Huijin explained, her eyes turning blue and green at the same time before it disappears earning gasps from her friends.

A hurt look flashed on her face but she tried to cover it with a small smile. She thought if she smiled her friends would think shes okay with everything but shes wrong, her friends knew her well, very well.

"Did you guys see that? Her eyes!"

"Quiet down! The boys might hear us! Especially Mark!" Sakyeon whispered-yelled at Hyeji. "Oops sorry!" Hyeji grins widely.

"We know you so well Huijin, youre definitely not okay denying your feelings. We know you love him the moment you and Mark hangs out. The prom? You should have seen how nervous he looks when he tried asking for our permission to take you out on a movie date and prom. We have never seen Mark as nervous as that, before you came to us. The last time he was that nervous was when he asked his ex girlfriend out, his real girlfriend at that time. And we knew youre about to change something in him and we also knew- youre in love with him. You can fool anyone but not us."

"Touche"

"Way to ruin the moment Hyeji."

"Sorry- but what she said was true, we've never seen you this happy eversince the Woof fucking yeol incident and we would like this version of you to stay with us- im not saying the unhappy Huijin should leave us- ow okay sorry i was trying to make her laugh! She laughed!" Huijin laughed at Hyeji's attempt to make her laugh. She looked at Mark's direction, gasped when his eyes were already on her. She sent him a soft smile which he responded back with a small wave and a wide smile.

"See what i mean? You are totally in love with him and Mark? Hes totally into you." Hyorin pointed out. Hyorin was right, they were right all along.

"Without a doubt?"

"Without a doubt at all, babe." They responded making her laugh. They continued talking well gossiping to be specific, not realising Mark's eyes were on Huijin, staring at her with his goofy smile.

Renjun had watched everything, he scoffed, "what a simp."

✈︎

"Dude youre not suppose to barge into my house like that!" Mark's laugh echoed inside his house as Huijin practically barged into his house the moment he asked if she wanted to hangout and spend time.

"You literally barged into my room without my permission last time!" Pushing him aside to let herself inside and got comfortable on his sofa.

"House and room are two different thing."

"Its the same thing Mork"

"It is not!"

"It is!"

"It is not- you know what fine, i cant argue with you over this shit when i see you getting comfortable on that sofa where i have se-"

"Ew what the fuck Lee Minhyung!" She scrambled to stand on her feet, grimacing at the thought of him and another girl having sex. He laughed loudly amused at her reaction.

"Cmon lets go to my room." He begins to walk but stopped when he didnt hear any footsteps. He turns around to see Huijin still standing with a disgusted and red face.

Mark widened his eyes, waving his arms. "W-wait n-not that you pervert!" He stuttered.

Huijin snorted and went to his room leaving him with a red face. "I hate you!" He groans which made her laugh even more.

"Chill dude-"

"Youre asking me to chill!? When- ugh! Stop teasing me Huijin!" She laughed even more. Her eyes teared up from laughing too much. "Okay okay sorry~ come here my baby omoo" she teased him.

"Stop it Suh Huijin!! Ugh- im heading downstair to get us some drinks. Want something?" He looks away, not daring to make an eye contact with her, afraid that his face might blow up.

"I want you." Mark slammed the door close not wanting to hear her tease again. She giggled lightly, shaking her head in amusement.

She walks around his room, although she's been in his room a lot but didnt have the time to look around and explore. His room was clean, which was kinda shocking for a guy who always wears his socks inside out. He got lots of pictures hanging in his room, his guitar sitting perfectly beside his table. She goes to his table, picking up a frame, it was their friends right after she came into their life. Beside the frame was another picture of him and a girl which she doesnt recognise at all, he was backhugging her. He had that bright smile on his face, same with the girl.

She puts back the frame nicely on the table where it belongs and went back to sit on his bed, jealousy creeping into her.

"Geez why am i even jealous? Youre being ridiculous Suh Huijin." She scoffed to herself as she thought of how lucky the girl would be dating a guy so perfect like him, a handsome guy like him, a sweet guy like him, a hot guy-

"Huijin? Love? Are you okay?"

She snapped out of her thought, looking at Mark who had a concern look. He had walked into the room without her noticing and he noticed Huijin spacing out with a frown on her face.

"O-oh? Yeah im fine." She sends him a a small smile but Mark being the sweet soulmate he is, he asked again which resulted Huijin to give up and asked the questions shes been dying to ask, although it hasnt been that long enough when she found out about the picture. It wasnt just that but when the girls mentioned Mark having a real girlfriend before she was brought to their friend group.

"Im sorry if i kinda sound like im invading your private life but if you dont mind me asking- i mean i dont mind you not answering my question-"

"Love youre rambling right now, relax." He chuckled holding her hands drawing circles to calm her.

God im gonna die if my heart race again

"Whos that girl in the frame? If you dont mind me asking you about it." He sighed, his smile falter. "Jealous much?" She scoffed, pushing him jokingly.

"I'll tell you but promise me you wont get jealous?" She scoffed again. "Why would i be jealous of that girl? Psh keep on dreaming Lee."

"Oh i will. Anyways she's my girlfriend, was my girlfriend in highschool. The boys knew her even the girls except for Jaehyun, Johnny and you ofcourse. She was the love of my life and i quote, i cant live without her." He chuckles sadly. "She was my first girlfriend and also my childhood friend, we were inseparable. I cant go anywhere without her and she cant go anywhere without me. Then we fell in love, confessed and got together for almost five years. Five years together brought happiness in me, we were so in love but things happened during our anniversary." He scoffed trying to contain his tears.

"You dont have to share it with me now Mark." She softly said caressing his hands. "Its okay, you need to know this anyways, besides we're friends right?"

Friends. That word struck her heart like shit. That word hurt her a lot. It was the truth, they havent talked about their feelings, theyre not a couple at all.

"Yeah." She nodded sending him a fake smile.

"During our anniversary, i went out to buy some gifts for her as her boyfriend. Its what boyfriends always do, buy their girlfriends gifts for their anniversary. I went home, baking some brownies for her then went to her house to surprise her. I just barged into her house with the spare keys she gave to me. And there she was getting blown from the back by my own bestfriend on our anniversary. And no it wasnt Haechan, he hated her guts to even fuck her. I thought she was gonna beg for my forgiveness and maybe explain herself but no she asked me to get out and continued fucking with my bestfriend which was the most fucked up shit i've ever been. I don't even know why i still had that picture of us, i should've thrown that ages ago." Mark scoffed wiping his tears. Huijin sat there, eyes glowing red, cursing at the girl for being shitty girlfriend she was.

"What the fuck? She fucked your bestfriend and your bestfriend literally let her? Dude thats messed up! Do i know her or something? Does she go to our college? Do the others know-"

"Babe chill, calm down okay? Love its all in the past im fine now. It was ages ago okay?" He tried, keyword tried to calm his soulmate but being the hot headed person she is, she lets the anger take over her.

"No! Why should i? I mean thats messed up! Your bestfriend knew she was your girlfriend and vice versa but why did she do that? Why did they do that? For what exactly? Oh my god im going insane! Shes definitely missing out. Im very sure youre hotter than your bestfriend, right?" She gasped when she accidentally called Mark hot. "So im hot?" He smirks.

"Okay shut up Lee, im mad right now." She pouted trying to refrain herself from getting angry again. "God youre so hot when youre angry. I should make you angry more often." She rolled her eyes at him.

"But seriously do i know her?" She asked again.

"Well not really, its Arin."

"THAT MOTHERFUCKER SHE FUCKED MY EX BOYFRIEND WHEN I WAS STILL WITH THAT THING!" And there she goes, the famous volcano.

"Turns out Arin and my bestfriend fucked behind my back for the past two fucking years. Remember the sofa i told you a few hours ago?"

"Yeah- no fucking way! On that fucking sofa?" She gasped.

"On that fucking sofa." He chuckled.

"Thats the most disgusting shit ever ew why would you still keep that sofa what the fuck Mark!?"

"For your information, im broke as fuck right now and i cant buy myself a new sofa. College life sucks." He groans, laying his head on Huijin's lap as she plays with his blonde hair. "Dude why did you dye your hair green? You look like a grinch."

"A hot grinch you mean." Huijin made a disgusted face but on the inside shes screaming, chanting 'yes' because he does look hot in green.

"You know Jin, you're not so bad yourself. I thought having you as a friend and soulmate would i dont know ruined my life and everything but turns out it was the opposite. No wonder everyone likes you a lot, youre a great person." He looks up at her with a cute smile which almost made Huijin coo at his cute smile. "Uhh thanks?"

"Bitch why are you so awkward right now?" He laughed as she poked his shoulder. "Im not used to getting compliments okay!" She whined in embarrassment.

"Okay okay sorry. But if you dont mind me asking whos that guy?"

"Who?"

"You sound like an owl. That guy, Han Wooyeol was it?" She tensed up when Mark mentioned her ex's name. Memories of them coming back to her like a wave but she quickly brushed it off before putting on a fake smile.

"I'll tell you when its time." She said softly sending him a smile which he did the same. "Okay, take your time." He answered.

They spent their time having fun, playing games and story telling abiut their childhood. The time went by so fast, by then it was already midnight. Huijin stayed the night at Mark's house.

✈︎

Before Huijin had woken up, Mark puts his shirt and a pair of black jeans on the table near her bed. Huijin had left her black jeans and some of her clothes at his house the last time she had slept there. Although she had her clothes there, Mark suddenly wanted her to wear his shirt instead.

"Mark?"

"In the kitchen!"

Feets making their way to the kitchen to see the best view of Mark's broad back. Huijin's now sure that shes definitely in love with this canadian man. How? She doesnt even know the answer to that.

"Watcha making?" She asked peeking from his shoulder to see what was he making for breakfast. Mark turned his head to the right. Huijin's breath hitched at the sudden movement, their face was close. One move? Their lips would touch.

"Im just making some pancakes." His voice sounded a bit hoarsed as his eyes went down to look at her lips but suddenly snapped out of his thought at the burnt smell. "Oh shit! My pancakes!"

Huijin giggled and took care of their breakfast instead leaving Mark with a red face, he rushed to his room to change his outfit which was almost the same as Huijin's.

Huijin was wearing Mark's black t-shirt with a small red heart embroidery at the right chest and a pair of black jeans while Mark wore the exact same shirt as hers but it was in white instead of black and a pair of baggy jeans.

After fixing their breakfast Mark burnt and ate what Huijin fixed, they got into Huijin's car, after convincing Mark shes gonna drive 'slow' but knowing Huijin, she would still drive fast but not more than 140 mp/h of course.

"Why does Johnny always ask me to slow down? I mean like i dont drive that fast do i- Mark Lee why are you recording me?" One hand on the steering wheel while the other hand trying to cover her face.

"Hey! Dont cover your face babe!"

"Mark Lee! Stop calling me that! I swear to god!" She whined giving up and lets him do what he wanna do. "What? You look good okay i had to record it and im posting it."

"God youre so stubborn!" She laughed.

They got out of the car once they had arrived at their college's parking lot. Suddenly everyone's attention was on them as they walked while joking around being oblivious about the attention was on them.

"Suh Huijin! Give me my phone back!" He ran after Huijin, who had his phone, running away from the owner of the phone while laughing loudly. "Im not giving it back fucker!" She laughs loudly.

They ran to the cafeteria where their friends had gathered. They turned their head to see what was the cause of the commosion and surprisingly it was their friends laughing while running towards them.

Mark eventually caught up to Huijin and picked her up, arms on her waist, holding onto her. They were giggling as they walked to the table. The whole table stared at them with curious eyes, random thoughts and suspicions going through their head.

"What are you looking at?" Huijin asked as she sat next to Mark.

"So tell me why are you wearing the same shirt? Anything special today?" Haechan pointed at their shirt with narrowed eyes. "Oh this? I spent the night at his house and this shirt i dont know he gave it to me though i have my shirts at his. Dont ask me why." Huijin shrugged as she leans onto Mark's shoulder getting comfy.

"You spent the night there!? Without telling me?!" Johnny yelled feeling offended. "And without inviting me!? Mel i feel offended i thought you love me!" Haechan scoffed.

"Why would i invite you when you invited yourself in whenever im not home." Mark pointed out as he gave his water bottle to Huijin. "Want some?" She shook her head.

The other noticed the little interaction between them but before they could voice out their suspicions, Huijin suddenly felt wet from the top of her head. She gasped as the water trickle from her head, she looked at the cause of it.

"What the fuck was that for!?" Mark got up from his seat and pushed Damhui away from his soulmate as Huijin wiped herself with the tissue her friend gave.

"For humiliating me! I was supposed to go to prom with you and win that stupid prom Queen! Not her!" She stomped her feet as she threw the empty bottle at Huijin which made Mark angrier.

"Thats enough Kang Damhui! Youre humiliating yourself right now and you deserve it! Why dont you just leave us alone! You've caused a scene here!" Mark yelled as his eyes turned ruby red, glaring at his ex-useless-girlfriend.

"You're being immature right now Damhui and what you're doing right now will never get us back together ever again and theres no other way for me to go back with you. You're acting like a kid having a tantrum and it's embarrassing."

Whispers echoed inside the cafeteria as the people there saw what happened to Huijin and some were whispering how embarrassing Damhui is.

He turned towards Huijin wiping ber face softly with a tissue he got from Haechan. "You okay love? Are you cold?" He asked worried she might get a fever from how cold it was in the cafeteria. Wet plus air conditioner? Might get you a fever.

"Cmon lets go." Without waiting for her response, he pulled her with him to his locker where he puts his spare shirts and jersey.

"Here wear this. You might catch a cold and i dont want you to catch a cold, love. Youre my responsibility." He gave his jersey with his name on it to Huijin. "I'll wait for you here, go change now." He ushered her to change as he waits for her by his locker and after minutes of waiting she finally got back to him.

"Any fever? Sneezing? Coughing? You sure youre okay? Want me to get you medicine or something? We can go to the nurse-"

"Mark im fine. Dont worry, i dont feel sick and thank you for lending me this shirt, i promise i'll give you back this by tomorrow." She thanked him as they walked to their class as it was about to begin in a few minutes.

"Just keep it Jin. I dont mind you keeping it plus i have your shirt at my place so its a win-win situation." He chuckled, admiring her in his jersey, looking so cute and hot at the same time.

"Lets go home together, i'll wait for you outside your class later." Huijin snickered. "Of course we're going home together, you didnt bring your car dummy."

He smiled sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck in embarrassment. "Oh yeah i forgot."

"I'll see you later Mark! Bye!" She went inside her class waving at Mark who went straight to his class at the end of the hallway.

After an hour of learning why theres alphabet in mathematics when it should be numbers only, it was finally time to go home. Huijin packed her stuff slowly as she wasnt in a rush and her friend, Hyeji, is the opposite of her, who threw everything inside her bag and zips it without caring if the papers got crumpled or her glasses got snapped into half, as long as shes good to go home.

"Ooh~ your lover boy is here to get you~" Hyeji wiggled her eyebrows at her which she responded with an eye roll. "Shut up Ji"

"Hey ready to go?" Mark asked as soon as he got to her. "Well hi to you too Mark although we met earlier at the cafeteria." She sarcastically said.

"Didnt see you there Ji." Hyeji rolled her eyes at him. "Yeah youre too busy making googly eyes at her to even notice but im not complaining. Anyways i need to go now, Haechan's definitely whining while waiting for me under the sun. See you!" Hyeji ran off to god knows where she went to.

"Aight im good to go." Mark nodded and held her hand in his, Huijin stared at their intertwined hands. God if keep on doing this i might fall even deeper Mark Lee

A specific question cuts her out of her thought as the students whispered to their friends.

"Are they dating?"

"I hope they do! The way Mark held her hand said so!"

"If they said theyre not dating they must be joking!"

As soon as they got outside of the college's building, on their way to Huijin's car, Huijin finally had the courage to ask him.

"Mark, what are we actually? I mean theyre whispering about us dating and we're actually not dating. You just broke up with Damhui and if i did date you that would be messed up cause they would think i caused it."

"But youre mine. I told you, youre my responsibility, my soulmate, my friend and youre definitely mine. No matter what they thought of us, youre mine from the start." He kissed her forehead, messing with her hair which made her whined in protest.

I swear to fucking naevis, im falling even deeper than i should. I dont want to be hurt again please...

----------------------------✈︎----------------------------
Huijin is starting to fall for his soulmate? Yes indeed

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 127 19
ᴄʀᴇᴅɪᴛs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀs TAKE NOTE:The characters here don't act like this in real life. English isn't my first language so there might be grammar m...
71.8K 2.3K 10
❝Y𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚜𝚒𝚋𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜!? S𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗? ❞ How would you feel if you suddenly fell in love with your own member's sister? 「 BOOK 5 OF THE...
36.8K 1.2K 24
Mark's relationship problems seem to fade away when he notices a person on the ground - by the road - and helping her would soon enough change his li...
51.1K 1.7K 44
- maybe you and i aren't meant for each other. » an nct jaemin fanfiction » date started: 2020-04-20 » date ended: 2021-01-09