That Yellow Triangle Guy - Th...

By monkeyman2022

What if Bill Cipher was in The Owl House? Or, in the universe of The Owl House, not living in the actual one... More

Covention Intervention
The Summoning
A Deal's A Duel
To The Market!
Leaving The Market!
-Interlude-
Back To The Market!
An Unruly Reunion
Lost In Lack Of Communication
Why So Gray?
-Interlude-
Amity's Very Own Chapter! (Ft. Boscha)
-Interlude-
Taking Friends
Breaking Friends
-A Very Special Interlude-

Elixir Trouble

330 12 9
By monkeyman2022

Eda was scrounging through a chest, King and Luz to her side. She had just finished a game of Hexes Hold'em, and her curse was flaring up. I know those two things aren't really correlated, but it's what happened in the episode so I'm bringing it up for viewer convenience. 

"Oh no." She kept looking through the chest, but all she could find is empty bottles. "This is terrible. I'm all out of elixir!"

"Uh-oh. Last time that happened, you turned into this thing." Luz held up her phone and showed Eda a photo of herself as the Owl Beast.

Eda looks at the photo for a little. "I know I should be repulsed, but that look is fierce." 

"Eda!" Luz exclaims!

"You're right, you're right," Eda says, mildly understanding the severity of the situation, "We need to head to the market."

"Market!" Luz stands and turns around, preparing to leave, but she turns back, curious about something. "Wait, Eda?"

"Hm?" Eda asked, not really paying attention.

Luz hesitated for a moment before asking "Why haven't you just... made a deal with Bill? To get an infinite supply of elixirs? Or to stop the cure entirely?"

"You kidding?" Eda said, nonchalantly. "That equilateral freak would say I 'owed him a favor'. He could show up at anytime and ask me to do anything. I'm not risking that."

Luz looked at Eda with pure terror evident in her eyes. "W-WHAT?! WHY DID YOU MAKE ME DO IT?!"

Eda looked at Luz, noticing the fear on her face. "Uh, or not. I'm not a demon expert or anything. You don't need to worry about it." Luz started hyperventilating.

"Relax. What reason would he even have to hang around the Owl House other than to spectate?"

Luz slowly started to calm down, seemingly eased by these words. "You're right. Thanks, King..." She said, calm yet anxiety still evident in her tone.

King tugged on Luz's shirt. "Uh, I didn't say that." King proceeded to point towards an area behind Luz.

Luz was confused. "What, then who...?" She turned around to see... that yellow triangle guy, in the flesh. Or whatever material he's made out of.

Bill was leaning in mid-air, his cane somehow keeping him steady against the literal nothing he was leaning on. "Yello?" He said, glowing yellow as he uttered his greeting.

Luz yelped and fell back onto the ground in shock. "Wh-what are... how did you...?"

"Yeah, it's a pleasure to see you again too, Light Bulb." Bill said, sarcastically.

Luz just stood there, stuttering incoherently, not even able to make a response.

"What, are you gonna take all century? Sheesh." Bill rolled his eye.

Luz kept sitting in a whirlwind of uncertainty and confusion before she settled on a response. "Why are you... here?"

"Why? Simple!" Bill spun his cane around. "You owe me a favor! A favor that could be anything!" He laughed maniacally before staring at Luz dead in her eyes.

"ANYTHING..."

Luz gulped involuntarily. "Oh, um, well, I don't... I mean, you're... a triangle, so I can't really..."

"What?" Bill looked at Luz confused.

"Wait, what are you talking about??" Luz looked at Bill even more confused.

"I'm here because I wanna enjoy the chaos! Watch what happens, maybe tag along, traumatize a few people." Bill chortled to himself at the thought of "trauma" and adjacent topics.

Luz looked at him with concern. "That's..." She couldn't find it in herself to finish her sentence.

"Cool? Amazing? Mind-blowing? Mind-tearing? Mind-shredding?" Bill asked, getting closer every time.

Luz backed herself up against a wall. "Um... anyways, me and Eda-"

"And King!" King went beside her and pointed at Bill.

"Right, and King, were going to go to the shop to buy us- I mean, her, some elixir. So... uh..." Luz pointed her hands together, getting less confident as she went on even though she wasn't that confident to begin with. "That... is what we're gonna do. Um..."

"Gee, an elixir, huh? That old buzz must have some curse, huh?" Bill snapped a severed chin into existence and caressed it, thinking. "That could all be solved... if you wanted to make a deal, that is?"

Luz hesitated, but thought about the offer. Eda went between them. "Luz, no. I've already learned how to deal with it. I've been dealing with it for more than 30 years. I don't need a demonic solution."

"But Eda! What if it gets worse? What if your elixirs stop working, and, and..." Luz could feel tears coming to the surface, but tried to ignore it. She failed.

She wiped her eyes, pretending like she isn't crying, and continued. "I already made a deal with him. Something's already gonna happen to me. Can't I at least do this for you?"

Eda looked away before kneeling and looking directly into Luz's eyes. "You don't have to do this for me."

Luz sighed and wiped her eyes again, the tears somewhat drying. "I know."

Eda walked behind her and Luz held her hand out to Bill. "I'll make a deal with you."

"Great!" Bill reached out to shake Luz's hand...

...but she pulled back at the last second.

"Wait!" Luz put her hand behind her back. "Can I make some specifications first? I don't want a repeat of the skull situation..."

"Specifications, eh?" Bill thought about it. "You sure are a smart cookie, Light Bulb. Okay, I'll bite, what are your demands?"

Luz went deep into thought. "I want Eda to be rid of the curse."

Bill looked at her deadpan. "Okay, but how? Why? What does that mean? Do you want me to just remove it from existence? Remove it from her right now? Allow her to control it? It's not called 'specifics' for nothing!"

"Okay, okay," Luz said, "I'll specify. Um... I want you to... put it in a bottle. In liquid form."

"...Why?" Bill asked.

"Just in case Eda needs it again for whatever reason. A-and! She can put it back into the bottle at any time. Is that... fair? Can you do that?"

"Hmmm..." Bill put his hand on his bow-tie and spun it, thinking. "Alright, you've convinced me, kid! But now you'll owe me two favors! Deal?" He held his hand out, it being engulfed in the blue fire seen previously.

Luz hesitated before shaking it firmly. "Deal."

Bill snapped his fingers and Eda passed out, missing the top half of her head with a black substance pouring out. Luz put her hands on her head in shock. "WHAT THE!?" Bill snapped his fingers again, and Eda's head was back to normal. 

"Looking for this?" Bill held a vial full of a black substance, most likely the curse. He lightly threw it towards Luz and she caught it, gripping it tightly. Bill proceeded to poof away, but before anyone could react, Eda started to stir.

Eda woke up, groggily. "Ugh..."

King pointed at Eda. "Eda! Your hair!"

"What about my hair?!" Eda grabbed a hand mirror that Owlbert brung her. "If that maniac did something to my hair, I swear I'll-"

Eda looked at herself in the mirror. Could it be true? Her hair, instead of gray, was a faded orange. She looked at her arms, and there were no feathers in sight.

She didn't know what to say. But she knew what to do. She hugged Luz tightly, almost too tightly.

"Aw, Eda, stop!" Luz said, happily embracing her back. 

Luz waited a little before speaking. "Seriously, stop, I can feel my intestines closing." 

Eda immediately let go of her but still smiled fondly at Luz. "Thanks, kid. You've got more heart than you know what to do with."

Luz smiled back at her before mildly pouting. "I'm kinda sad that we're not gonna be able to see the market, though..."

Eda smiled back at her. "Who says we can't?"

Luz immediately brightened up at this. Eda patted her on the back and opened the door. "Come on, gang, let's go!"

"Woo-hoo!" Luz practically leaped out the door. "I'm gonna steal everything that isn't marked down!" King said, balling his fists into the air. 

"Can I come?" Hooty asked. "No you can't!" King and Eda said in unison.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 10 28
in the beginning, there was nothing but DARKNESS, until THE BIG BANG occured creating the UNIVERSE, filling everything with life. but who'd have thou...
160K 4.7K 71
book 1 Luz Noceda gets into fights constantly in her home town. so her mother, Camila, sends her to live with a old friend of hers named Eda until he...
10.2K 224 23
What if the group never escaped to the Human Realm? What if they defeated the Collector and brought peace to the Isles? What if Luz fixed the portal...
23.2K 446 23
What if Luz never went to the demon realm. What if instead, she went to that awful camp and it changed her. But, she comes across the same owl that s...