Potential

Galing kay Radical_Honesty

Abandoned shortly after his birth this is a story about a boy trying to become a Hero, In the face of some wh... Higit pa

Found
Big Brother
Emergency
Future Plans
U.A
Visiting.
Bad feelings
Gotta Go Fast.
Battle of Wit's
Wake up.
Shocking.
Champion.
Manipulation.
Introductions.

Declaration of War

35 1 0
Galing kay Radical_Honesty

(One Week later)

(Izuku pov)

I awoke early in the morning and got to my usual training, Push ups and my morning run. I then returned home until it was finally time for me to eat and get ready for school. After completely destroying eight full plates of food i got my uniform on and ran to U.A.

When i arrived in class Shin was sitting at his desk already and he was going through a notebook he had open on the desk. The funny thing was that whenever anyone came close he shut the book immediately and either said good morning or he responded with another kind of greeting. I walked over and sat in my seat next to him at which point he turned to me and asked me for my opinion on his notes.

I was a little surprised that he was letting me see as he looked to be trying to keep them a secret but when i saw the contents i knew why. "So this is what you've come up with then ??" I asked while looking through the pages, Shin had been writing down various things he could say to try and get someone to respond to him. "Not bad, But i think you need a bit more shock in here" He looked puzzled for a moment "What do you mean ? I took notes on those in the Hero course and i think these will do just fine to make them speak" He told me in a hushed tone because he didn't want any of our class to hear.

"Listen Shin just insulting someone won't always get the result you're looking for and this too only works for a short time, Eventually they'll get wise and do everything they can to keep quiet" He looked thoughtful for a moment until i patted his shoulder and then added some notes to his book that were bound to have an impact along with some strategies that would mean his opponent won't know what to expect.

"How's the physical training coming along ??" I asked after i handed him the notes back and he went wide eye'd at what i had written. This only lasted for a second until a smug smirk curled the corners of his mouth, "It's coming along well i think, I've been practicing those moves you showed me and i'm pretty confident about using them in the festival" I nodded and then Present Mic entered and we began our lessons for the morning.

(Timeskip)

Lunchtime was finally here and i wanted to get some food in my belly but i was dragged by Shin to the door of class 1-A. "What are we doing here Shin ?" I asked confused and a little annoyed because i could practically taste what i was going to eat for lunch and Shin dragged me here instead. "We're here to shake up the Hero course, What else ?" He grinned in my direction and just as he finished the door opened and we saw the face of class 1-A who quickly demanded to know what we were doing.

I just shrugged my shoulders and went to stand and lean on the wall opposite the door while Shin and the others went on try and intimidate them. "They're checking out the competition morons !" I heard a voice say so i looked up and spotted a blond guy acting like he was better than everyone else. "You shouldn't say things like that Kaachan" And there she was again, The greenhaired girl stepped out beside him and gave the crowd a slight bow.

I didn't understand why i felt like i knew her but she also saw me and her mouth opened slightly but before she could speak the blond guy butted in. "I say let them look, This is what the best looks like losers, This is the competition you're so eager to see" He smirked as he started to walk away. "What competition ?" I muttered under my breath, As quiet as i had been the Blond heard me and stomped over and got in my face. "You got something to say ??" I ignored him but then he started to let off small explosions in his palms so i just looked him in the eye.

"Yeah as a matter of fact i do i said "What competition?" Did you not hear me" I asked in a mocking tone as he glared and gritted his teeth. "So you think you're hot stuff do you ?, If that's right then why are you not in the Hero course ?" I just stifled a laugh i was about to let out "That's my business, But i'll make sure that you understand what i mean at the sports festival" I started to walk away when i heard the Greenhaired girl call out to me.

"Please wait, Who are you ?" She asked with obvious interest, i stopped and was about to look back when i saw All Might walk round the corner and begin walking this way with a lunchbox. He stopped dead in his tracks when he saw me and for a second looked down in shame or that's what it looked like. I started walking again and as i was passing the number one Hero i called out over my shoulder to the girl.

"Don't mind me, I'm just a guy with no potential"

I then left the campus to go and grab some food from a nice place i knew in Shanghai.

(Timeskip)

The day had finally come for the sports festival and me and my class were just waiting to be announced so we could enter the arena. I had arrived a bit early because i had some business to deal with this morning.

(Flashback)

I had been on a run to get ready and while i was running through Hosu city i spotted this weird guy jumping from roof to roof so i followed him. Eventually i saw him about to attack a Pro Hero so i did my civic duty and detained him, After that i got my phone and gave Ingenium a call as i spotted him earlier while i was following the weird guy.

"Hey Jenny" I said as soon as he answered, He recognised my distorted voice instantly. "How did you get this number ??" He asked firmly but i wasn't in the mood to go into it now so i just told him. "That's not important, But listen there's this guy covered in swords and other weapons and i saw him about to attack a Hero so i knocked him out and 'gift wrapped' him for you" Ingenium was quiet for a moment, "Okay where is he, i should probably take a look to see if he's wanted for any crimes" I told him where the guy was located and then hung up.

After that i went to U.A and waited for the sports festival to begin.

(Flashback end)

I wondered what Ingenium thought when he saw how i had 'detained' the weird guy but i'd probably find out later. Present Mic was welcoming the audience to the festival while we waited and i could see Shin getting pumped up for the events and i just shook my head because he might look like he isn't interested in anything but he's got quite the competitive streak when he really gets going.

Shin was obviously annoyed when we all heard the Hero course being introduced to the crowd but i patted his shoulder and reminded him of our plan. Shin then got a twisted grin on his face "You're looking forward to it that much huh ?" I asked him but i knew the answer already. Shin nodded and at that moment we were announced so we went out onto the field, I was surprised that not many people cheered for us but i did spot a group with a weird pink banner that had my face on it with the words "Do your best" being held by the members of Kyoksei dorm.

Right by them was Alice and Ryo, Mom and Dad couldn't make it today but they were having someone record the entire thing live so they could watch it later with me at home. Alice was shouting out to "Destroy them" While Ryo just nodded his head to me with that same old blank stare. I gave them a thumbs up and then went to stand by Shin as we listened to Midnight when she called up a guy named Katsuki Bakugo to give a speech.

"I hate him" Shin said as soon as that Bakugo guy had gone back to the group from his class. The guy just said "I'm gonna win" And i'll admit that he pissed me off a bit too but i reminded Shin about our strategy and he calmed down a bit. Midnight then activated a screen that displayed our first event.

It was an obstacle race around the stadium, I couldn't help but smile because this was going to be so easy. Eventually we were all ordered to take our positions for the race to begin so i went to Shin and told him to get on my back and keep his head down. I looked ahead and noticed the tunnel was quite narrow and that would likely be the first challenge but i wasn't worried.

"Hang on Shin" I told my friend when i saw midnight raise the starter pistol. My brain shifted into overdrive and i watched as the hammer on the pistol fell.

BANG.

I immediately started to run, I kept the speed below 100 mph until i cleared the tunnel then gradually went faster. I ran so fast that i could see the different obstacles that had been planned but they posed no problem for Me or Shin, First there were these giant robots that couldn't even detect me at the speed i was running.

The second was a pit with multiple rock formations sticking up and was apparently supposed to slow down the students. I simply ran around the rim of the pit and in seconds i was on the other side of the area.

The third area was a bit surprising, I noticed when i approached that there were signs with a warning for mines.

That didn't mean anything to me or Shin but i did wonder how powerful they were because no-one can move like i can so how would they deal with it. I decided to ignore it and ran through the field without a single explosion but when i got to the other side i stopped and Shin got off my back.

"Okay Shin ride's over, But don't worry we're far ahead of everyone else so i'll see you at the finish line" I said with a smile and dashed off. Before i crossed the finish line i slowed right down and simply walked over the finsh line and proceeded to go and take a seat while i waited for Shin and the rest of the students to arrive.

"The winner is IZUKU NAKIRI !!!!!" Present Mic screamed out to the crowd. "What an amazing dispay of sheer speed and he did it while he carried another student on his back, Just how fast is he ???!!" I just gave the crowd a wave and was given a massive roar of approval in return. "Izuku Nakiri is from General Studies, It just goes to show that you should never judge a book by it's cover !!" My overly loud teacher exclaimed, This caused an audible gasp from the crowd.

A minute later Shin came jogging into the stadium with a smile and came over to sit with me. "Second place goes to Hitoshi Shinso !!!!! Also From General Studies !!!!! I'm so proud of my class !!" Present Mic shouted out. About 5 minutes later more students came rushing into the stadium. First it was 'Her' She looked over to me and smiled but i looked away because i didn't like the way it felt, She was a stranger but she also felt like something much more and i couldn't figure out why.

That Bakugo guy was next followed by this guy with half red and half white hair. "Hmm so he wasn't all talk after all huh ?" I said to Shin as he observed more and more crossing the finish line. Shin reluctantly nodded and after about ten more minutes everyone had made it back and the first round was brought to a close.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

46.1K 1.8K 15
~completed.~ Izuku Midoriya. A name that has been long forgotten. Another statistic. Another reason for a 'we can't save them all' speech. He was bu...
1.5K 42 6
Izuku Midoriya has gone rogue! Not in the evil way, but he has literally gone rogue from his post. Escaping from captivity of the Nine Tails, he end...
120K 3K 47
When you are not born with a quirk and you want to become someone who actively uses quirks to do basically everything, what would you do? Be optimist...
217K 4.6K 65
You would think being the son of the number 1 hero would be amazing right? wrong, my name is izuku midoriya and my life has been hell for over 14 yea...