HERSHE - WINRINA

By Winter201117

What would happen if a good-looking lesbian had swept off a homophobic's feet? An old friend that Winter care... More

NOTE
NEWCOMER
Anniversary
Hickey
Closer
Lipstick
Plan
Drunk
Visitor
Past
Chat
Breakfast
Serendipity
Back
Couple
Girlfriend
War
Quiz
Honey
Moments
Stroll
Dude
Confession
Truth
Closure
Free
Interns
Fast
Nuisance
Missed
Date
Horror
Fireworks
Conquered
Admire
Surprise
Setup
Chance
Special
Lunch
Cannot
Offline
Hospital
Late
Friends
Tears
Game
sleepover
Couch
Deal
Family
[M]Special Chapter woo-hoo

Hangover

2K 86 3
By Winter201117

Although she had a busy weekend, her excitement to go to the office that morning didn't trail off. Karina woke up in high spirits, welcoming the rainy morning cheerfully. After their fun dinner and late conversation last night, she can't help but smile to herself at the idea that she's going to see Winter again soon.

She immediately checked the list of her online friends when she got in the office. She was glad to see Winter's already in but has been idle for seven minutes.

She might be in the pantry.

She went to the ladies' room first to check herself. She went back to her station and grabbed her tumbler for her morning coffee.

Someone went out of the pantry just before she pushed the door in. She heard Winter and Giselle's laughter from the inside.

She hesitated to go in for a minute. She stepped back and leaned against the wall, holding the tumbler in her left hand and tapping her fingers on it.

You can do this, Karina.

She panicked when someone went out again. Fortunately, it was someone else. After feeling weirded out with herself, she finally decided to go in.

Karina pushed the door and got a glimpse of Winter and Giselle sitting at the table. Giselle is facing the door entrance while Winter is in front of her.

"Good morning, Karina!" Giselle shouted, making the other people in the pantry turn their attention to her.

"Morning." Karina smiled awkwardly at Giselle. She saw how Winter's head turned around to check on her.

"Good morning." said Winter, casually resting her arm on the backrest.

"Hi, Winter." Karina smiled but totally avoided meeting Winter's eyes. She walked directly to the vending machine and pressed the coffee button. "What are you two doing here? And Giselle, you're early, huh?"

"Winter and I are having our breakfast," said Giselle. "And as for your next question, well, somebody picked me up and drove me here this morning."

The statement was followed by a flirty giggle.

"Somebody?" Karina raised an eyebrow. She knew who it was. She grabbed her tumbler and walked towards the table. "Is that person the reason for your undeniably cheery aura today?"

Giselle couldn't react and blushed instead.

"Should we call that somebody as Ning?" said Winter.

"Eeeee, Winter!" Giselle hit Winter's arm playfully. "Since when you two are on the same team?"

"Same team?" asked Karina.

"You two are ganging up on me.." Giselle whined, looking up at Karina and glancing at Winter after.

"No we're not." Winter waved a hand.

Karina sat down beside Winter. "It's pretty obvious, Giselle, don't worry. It's not like I never had an idea about it."

Giselle reached for Karina's hand on the table. "Sorry, I didn't tell you. I was afraid you're going to judge me..."

"Psh... It's alright, Giselle. In fact, l'm happy," said Karina. "I think it's time for you to be in a serious relationship now."

"Really?" Giselle squeezed Karina's hand. "Wow, this is amazing, Rin. I thought you don't approve such things?"

Don't worry about it. Karina gave the sincerest smile she could before she turned to Winter. "What are you eating?"

"Chicken fillet with rice," said Winter, pointing at her meal. "I bought it from a newly opened restaurant near my place. Want a bite?"

Karina put her tumbler down on the table. "I'm glad you're eating some real breakfast today." She pulled her chair to lean closer and grabbed Winter's fork to plant it into one of the chicken strips.

Winter pulled her body a bit away from the table to give room for Karina. "Yeah, I don't want boss getting mad at me, y'know."

Karina chuckled as she took a bite of the chicken. "Hmm, this is nice."

"Is that boss your girlfriend, Winter?" asked Giselle. Karina choked a bit.

"Ah, no, Giselle. She's a good friend of mine."

"She was the one who requested for you to get a haircut, right?"

"Yup, same person."

Giselle folded her arms on the table. "A special friend of yours, perhaps?"

"Yeah, you could say that."

"Is she pretty?"

"Uh, yes."

Karina continued to munch Winter's food. Pretending not to hear whatever the two are talking about.

"Are you sure you're only friends?" Giselle kept on grilling.

"We're just friends, Giselle." said Winter, secretly hoping it'll be more than that.

"Hmm, but why do I have a feeling that you like that friend of yours?"

Karina coughed. Good thing she has a small deal of food in her mouth, otherwise she might have spat those on Giselle's face.

"Hey, are you alright?" Winter rubbed Karina's back and pushed the glass of water to her.

"Yeah. Sorry, something was just stuck in my throat." Karina grabbed the water and drank it all up.

Winter went back to Giselle after Karina had recoverd. "Where were we again?"

"I was saying that I have a feeling that you are crushing on your boss, Winter." Giselle reiterated.

Winter's jaw dropped. "W-what makes you think so?"

"Well, look at yourself in the mirror," said Giselle chuckling. "You're blushing."

Karina was still holding the glass of water against her cheek when she was tempted to look at what Giselle was pointing. Giselle was right, Winter's cheeks were red. Karina smiled at the sight of embarrassed Winter.

"Hey, Winter, this is really delicious." said Karina, butting in to rescue. She scooped a spoonful of rice in Winter's mouth. She needed to change the topic because it's getting more and more awkward for the both of them.

"Not mbad, wayt?" said Winter between bites. She knew what Karina is trying to pull so she rode along.

"Yeah. It's nice. We should hang out there some time with Ning too. What do you think, Giselle?" said Karina.

Giselle had a serious look on her face. "Hmmmm... I think..."

"What?" Karina and Winter asked in unison.

Giselle brought a hand on her chin and shoot a suspicious looks at the two people in front of her. "I think there is something peculiar between you two..."

Winter and Karina were frozen. The only thing that they have in mind right now is if Ning had told Giselle everything.

"How so?" Winter bravely asked.

"Since when you become THAT close?" asked Giselle, putting emphasis on the word.

"Close? What do you mean?" asked Karina.

"You, feeding Winter? When did this start to happen?"

"Just now," said Karina, acting cool. "I'm planning to feed you too in a while, don't worry."

Winter was just silent, unsure of what to say.

"It's not just that, Rin..." said Giselle, still skeptical.

"What else then?" asked Karina, taking another bite of the chicken so it won't be obvious that she's fidgeting.

"I don't know. There's just something different..."

"Like?"

"Like look at how you sit next to each other now, elbows touching and all that sweetness." said Giselle, gesturing her hands at them. "And you both looked comfortable around each other. Am I missing something here?"

Karina pulled herself back slowly after realizing how close her body is to Winter.

"Well, we're friends, Giselle, Of course, we're comfortable with each other." said Karina.

"Yeah. It's just the same thing like how you're comfortable with me," Winter agreed meekly.

"Yeah, but.. something's just different... Oh, is that a tattoo on your hand,Rin ?" asked Giselle..

Karina was glad it was raining that morning and Winter was wearing a jacket with built-in gloves, hiding the henna on her hand.

"Nope, just henna. It'll wear off in few days," said Karina.

Giselle held Karina's right hand to observe the design closely. "It looks so cute. I never thought you're the type of person who wants things like this."

"Umm, I was hanging out with some friends yesterday and they all had this. I couldn't say no." Karina lied.

"Really, Rin, you're hanging out? That's a miracle. You never liked going out that much, right?"

"Yeah."

"I think something just changed with you, and I don't know what that is," said Giselle, eyeing Winter. "Whatever that change is, I think it is good. You even approved me and Ning without cringing."

"Oh, come on, Giselle. I love you. Of course, I'll accept whoever you want as a partner." Karina was thankful that the topic has been changed.

"Thanks Karina. How about you, Winter? Do you love me too?" asked Giselle, acting like a baby.

"You are my friend here in the office plus you're my best friend's girlfriend. I don't have any reason not to care for you," said Winter.

Giselle brought her hand over her heart. "Aww. That's so touchy. Do you love Karina too?"

"Oh, come on, Giselle. Stop that." Karina protested.

"What? It's just a simple question, Rin. What's wrong?"

"Then why are you asking something like that to Winter about me?"

"Why, are you feeling awkward about it?"

"Yeah. A bit." Karina looked away. "We're not together, Giselle, just to clarify."

Winter sighed.

"Hey, I'm not talking about being attracted romantically," said Giselle, obviously enjoying teasing Karina. "I'm just asking her if she loves you as a friend, why are you reacting like that?"

"Because I've known you for more than two years now and I know that you really meant something else, Giselle."

"Maybe yes, maybe no." Giselle gave her a smile which made Karina thinks that she's in for a private interrogation later.

Wanting to exit the grilling, Winter checked her wristwatch. "Uhm, I think I need to go back to my station now, it's almost eight o'clock." The only thing she wants to do now is to call Ning to make sure that she won't spill anything to Giselle.

Both girls nodded and stood up from their chairs.

----

Karina was troubled the entire day because Giselle had been teasing her about Winter. She's starting to think that maybe she should avoid Winter for now until the issue subsides. But then, after all that had happened, she knows that she doesn't have enough courage to stay away from Winter anymore.

She made up excuses during their lunch just to avoid going out with Giselle alone. She knows that Giselle is itching to have some "girl talk" with her. It's to early for interrogation now. She hasn't planned anything to say yet incase Giselle asked her again. And what if Ning has already told Giselle everything?

How will she explain the fact that she volunteered to be Winter's fake girlfriend?

Office hours are finally over. Karina was glad she escaped Giselle the entire day. After retouching a little in the ladies' room, she grabbed her shoulder bag quick and readied herself to go home straight.

As she was about to exit the ladies' room she saw Giselle coming in.

"Karina! Are you going home now?"

"Oh, Giselle, hi there." Karina faked a smile so it won't be too obvious that she's in a hurry. "Yes, I'm about to go home." She held her bag and started to walk towards the door, hoping that she could just pass by Giselle without any problem.

Giselle purposely blocked Karina's way. "You seem to be in a hurry."

"Not really... I just want to go home early. It's raining all day and I want to avoid rush hour."

"Can't you wait for me for five minutes? Let's go down together."

Karina knew she can't escape anymore. The most she could hope is for Giselle not to ask her questions.

Giselle walked in and put down her shoulder bag on the counter. Before looking at herself in the mirror, which is her usual habit, she peeked into each cubicle to see if anyone is in there.

Karina noticed it. She had an idea of running away if Giselle decided to pee.

"Okay, all clear.." Giselle mumbled. "It seems like we're all alone here."

Karina leaned back on the tiled wall beside the hand dryer.

"So. " Giselle opened her bag to get her hairbrush out. "There's something I've been itching to ask you, Rin."

Karina gulped. She can see Giselle in the mirror. "What is it?"

"I'm sure you know what it is about," Giselle smiled as she combs her hair.

"Oh, come on, are you sure you want me to ask it to you directly?"

Karina doesn't want to give in. Even though there's only a tiny chance for it, she's hoping it's not about Winter. "What is it about anyway?"

Giselle just finished putting a clip on her hair first before turning to Karina. "Do you like Winter?"

Karina felt her nervousness level rise. She looked around the area first to make sure that nobody is around. She'll be dead if any of the fan girls would hear that conversation.

"I don't know what you're talking about. Where did you get that notion?"

"Would you believe me if I told you that your body language says it all?" said Giselle.

"What's different in my body language?"

"It's not just you, you know.." Giselle was putting on some pressed powder on her face this time. "Winter's body language sends the same vibe."

"Winter? How?"

Winter started acting differently when you came earlier. You know, like a teenager who's conscious after seeing her crush."

Karina pressed her lips together to hold off her smile at this newfound information.

"It's like you can read each other's minds," said Giselle, looking at Karina. "One moves and the other moves too. You don't need to tell each other what you would do. Everything is just mutual."

"In other words, like you said, we look totally comfortable around each other, right?"

"It's not just about being comfortable, Karina, but it's... it's sweet."

Karina didn't know how to defend herself with what Giselle said.

Giselle was leaning over so she could look at her face closely in the mirror. "You should have seen how you guys looked earlier; like a real couple."

"But that doesn't mean I like her, Giselle. I admit I'm comfortable around her, but I don't like her," said Karina, thinking that it's probably just a hangover from the acting they've done.

"Oh, sweetie, no woman in this office doesn't like Winter."

Karina rolled her eyes. "I have to admit she's charming, okay. I won't deny that. But I don't like her the way you or the other girls like her."

"Are you sure about that?"

"Yes."

"Why are you so being hard on yourself, Rin? I thought you're okay with Ning and me?"

"What do Ning and you have to do with Winter and me?"

"Well, I just thought that you're okay now to be in that kind of relationship." Karina stared blankly at the design on Giselle's blouse. She knew herself that the moment she pretended to be Winter's girlfriend she already entertained the idea of being in a relationship with a woman.

"Or are you just still afraid of what your mom would say?" asked Giselle.

Karina looked up and met Giselle's eyes. She shook her head no to disagree.

Aside from that, she doesn't know what to say anymore.

Giselle held both Karina's hands. "What are you afraid of? People judging you, your mom, or yourself? I'm gonna tell you what you just told me earlier. I think it's time for you to let yourself be in a serious relationship now. Just remember that whoever you choose, I won't judge you."

Karina gave a nod.

Giselle smiled and went to her bad to zip it. "Just remember I'm always here in case you've decided that you're ready to talk about it, hmm?"

Karina felt a tap on her shoulder as Giselle walked pass her to the door.

Giselle turned quick after noticing that Karina isn't moving from her spot.

"Come on now. Ningning is waiting for me downstairs."

"Oh, okay." Karina grabbed her bag and head out the room.

----

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.5K 3.1K 23
When Winter transfers into an art high school, it messes up all Karina's thoughts, but she doesn't resist, because it's just lust, a sweet desire she...
68.5K 2.4K 22
After dropping out of college, Minjeong is forced to join her parents on a three month stay to Kwangya, Canada. Not being used to the cold weather, t...
1.8M 56.6K 53
What would happen if a good-looking lesbian had swept off a homophobic's feet? This is an original story of schindlee entitled HERSHE - TIAOM. I took...
89.9K 4.4K 18
Jimin found an abandoned puppy near her workplace and decided to keep it together with her ghost-bestfriend Aeri. But she didn't know that the puppy...