Heartstrings on the Blue Line...

By emmloui18

She meets a hockey player. She falls in love. He doesn't know what he wants. Distance separates the two. Will... More

chapter one: an unfamiliar face
chapter two: a normal day?
chapter three: game night
chapter four: the aftermath
chapter five: forced
chapter six: the "date"
chapter 7: what do we do now?
chapter eight: day out
chapter nine: not well
Chapter ten: competition
chapter eleven: facing fears
chapter twelve: its time
chapter thirteen: if only
chapter fourteen: constant
chapter fifteen: attached
chapter sixteen: responsibility
chapter seventeen: questions
chapter eighteen: my comfort person
chapter ninteen: problems
chapter twenty: dads home
chapter twenty-one: no regrets
chapter twenty-two - hangout
chapter twenty three- exam week
chapter twenty four- christmas
chapter twenty six- lake house
chapter twenty seven- another day
chapter twenty eight- late night talking
chapter twenty eight - on thin ice
chapter thirty- solemn
chapter thirty one- back to vancouver
chapter thirty two- graduation
chapter thirty three- p.s i still love you
chapter thirty four: lab life
chapter thirty five: waking up dreaming
chapter thirty six- scotiabank centre
chapter thirty seven- see you again
chapter thirty eight- come back for me
chapter thirty nine: realizations
chapter forty: coming back
chapter fourty one

chapter twenty five - united again

1K 6 0
By emmloui18

"𝕀 𝕕𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕨𝕒𝕟𝕥 𝕥𝕠 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕜 𝕠𝕗 𝕒𝕟𝕪𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕖𝕝𝕤𝕖 𝕟𝕠𝕨 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕀 𝕤𝕒𝕨 𝕪𝕠𝕦."

✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾

My final morning home was just the same as every other day I was here. Nothing different, and it was nothing to complain about.

As usual, I wake up around nine and as I walk down the stairs my mom is standing at the island stove cooking bacon. She smiles at me and says good morning, and as usual, I smile and take my share of breakfast and munch on it happily.

I get a text on my phone from Quinn.

Today's the day!

I don't respond and just react to his message. (Nothing bad about that, I was just focused on finishing breakfast and getting all packed up for my journey to Michigan.)

I take a look outside at the Northern Ontario snow, and admire how white and peaceful it looked.

God how I live for winter! All the fun things to do! It's a never ending list.

"So when is it that I'm driving you to the airport?" My dad speaks up from behind my startling me.

"Oh my god you scared the shit out of me!" I tell my dad, and look over to my mom who's giving me a death stare and a half right now from the sink as she washes the dishes from breakfast.

"Sorry," I mumble to my parents. "Anyways we need to leave in an hour and a half, I'm almost done packing." I reply to my dad's previous question.

He nods and walks back into the living room to watch a random hockey game on the television.

"Excited?" My mom asks me.

"Yes I am, he says the house is really nice and I even get my own bedroom." I beam.

"Sounds luxurious.. Is Quinn's mom nice? I haven't met her yet." She turns around to look at me as I continue to slowly eat my breakfast.

"Well I haven't met her yet remember? I told you this a few days ago, but I'm assuming she's a kind soul. " I laugh at her forgetting our past conversation.

"I'm getting old, cut me some slack sweetheart." She squints her eyes at me.

I look at my phone and set my mind to packing, so I drop my fork and butter knife in my plate and walk upstairs to my room.

My large blue over the  shoulder overnight bag was waiting for me to finish packing.

I already had clean clothes, extra warm clothes since it was going to be cold, and my diary. I just needed to get some things from the bathroom that my two siblings and I share down the hallway.

I put my phone charger, and cross everything else off my packing list with a purple pen that I had on my desk.

I then went into the bathroom and put all my toiletries in my clear bag that I've used for years.

"Oops, can't forget this." I say to myself as I was walking out of the bathroom with the bag and then noticed my favourite mascara lying on the brown fake granite counter.

I put it back in and go back into my room to close my bag.

I throw it gently off my double bed and lie down on it for the last time.

I feel my eyelids getting heavier, so it was probably a good time for a mid-morning nap.

I let myself fall asleep, exited for the events later today.

—————————————————————————

"Wake up Gen, it's time to go." I hear my dad, but couldn't see him.

I then realize that I was napping.

Everything comes back to me, and I look at my alarm clock and see that it was time to leave for the airport.

A wave of motivation flows through me and helps me get up from my comfortable bed.

My back aches and I relieve it by stretching out my back before putting my Ugg slippers on and taking my bags with me to go to the car.

Once I'm almost ready to go out the door, my mom gets up from the couch and hugs me tightly.
I take in her slight smell of Cinnamon, and hug her back.

"Be careful sweetheart, don't get your heartbroken.." she pulls away and gives me a warm smile.

"I won't, I promise." I smile back at her and turn around to go out the door.

"Wait, we want to say bye." Calls Ben. Ryan is slowly following him on his phone.

I grin and put my arms out to hug them. They wrap their arms around me.

"Be good to mom and dad okay?" I jokingly say to them.

Ryan rolls his eyes at me. "I'm older than you." He jokes.

"Haha, still though, don't be a little shit." I tell him.

I then take a good look at the foyer of the house before turning around and waving to everyone as I walk out the door.

My dad opens the back of the car and helps me put my bags in the back.

We get into the car for a not so long drive to our airport.

—————————————————————————
My dad pulls up at the departure doors at the airport.

He gets out of the car and so do I. He opens the back and pulls my suitcase and carry on out.

He turns to me before he leaves.

"Okay Genevieve, rule number one: be responsible. Don't be an idiot, and if you drink please do not drive." He starts off.

I laugh at him and let him keep speaking.

"Rule number two, if you need to come home give your mom and I a call and we will book a plane ticket back here. Got it?" He looks at me with sad eyes. His only daughter leaving him for a semester again.

I give him a loving look and pull him into a hug. His breath is shaking either because he's cold or he is sad. I'm going to guess that he's sad for the sake of my ego.

"Bye dad, this semester will go by in a flash." I smile at him and pull away from the hug.

"Sure will honey." He walks off and goes back into the car, but waits for me to get into the airport before he leaves. It's something that he's always done when he drops me off at places. I guess it gives him a sense of comfort.

The journey though the security gate and check in was a breeze. No problems with anything.

Now all I had to do was get on that plane that was departing and fly to Ann Arbor.

2 hours later.

I was finally on the plane. I decided to text Quinn earlier to let him know when to pick me up.

Sitting in the seat, I anticipated my fun two weeks that was lying ahead, and all the fun memories that I would create with Quinn and his family.

Right before I turned airplane mode off, I took a look at my phone and saw that Quinn had texted me.

Quinn 🏒
I'll see you on the American side 😎

—————————————————————————

A/N

TESTS ARE OVER AND LEMME TELL YOU, I totally BOTCHED MY BIO TEST 😍😍😍😍😍😍

university here I come fr 😍😍

Hope yall are enjoying :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

343K 9.8K 49
For Rachel Beckett the Olympics was a huge defining moment in her life, something she had been working tirelessly towards since she was five years ol...
254K 5.9K 64
q°✩ | ˗ˏˋ β˜† ΛŽΛŠΛ— | 𝗹𝗢𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿 "but you always really knew i just want to be with you" ❝ i love her but she won't forgive me ❞ ❝ i think she will ❞ q...
33.6K 134 34
what happens when a girl bumps into a famous hockey player? Will she fall in love just like every other love story or just stay friends?
26.8K 328 27
Cecily Perkins got the job of her dreams. After so many ups and downs, she finally had her dream life, but something was missing. She didn't bother t...