So take it all

By Anaeherrondale

Alyssa is a shadow, the shadow of her eldest sister Rhaenyra, the shadow of her deceased twin brother Baelon... More

From blood...
Shadow
Dark
In blood
No
Till the end of dragons
Ours
Hot coals
Diner
Together
Truth and dare
Crown
Rule
Bird
Blue blood
Debt
Broken
Blood sheets
Oh brother
Small hands
Toss a coin

Of your blood

1.8K 64 5
By Anaeherrondale

Aegon and Aemond had been gone for more than 7 days now. 

Alyssa did everything possible not to let her worry overwhelm her. She knows she must stand strong in front of her family, the council members and the entire Kingdom. She has no right to collapse.

Today, she heads a war council. Kingslanding must prepare for the possibility of a direct attack or siege. Alicent supports her, as well as her hand and the hand of the King.

Suddenly, a guard bursts into the council room, falling to the ground following the speed of his action.

"What's the meaning of this?" Exclaims Otto, annoyed at the irruption

"Your Highnesses, my Queen, sorry to interrupt the council but the guards inform us that Sunfyre has returned."

"The King has returned?" ask Otto

"We don't know if the King was on his dragon, Lord Hand. But the guards saw 2 dead bodies" Alyssa's breath hitched, her head spinning and her ears ringing.

"No..."She starts walking towards the exit of the council chamber, pushing the page who was in her way. She is followed by her mother and all the members of the council, who try to talk to her but she does not hear them.

Her body is like under automatic mode. She wants to see them, she wants to know. Once at the gates of the castle, she gets into a carriage which, surprisingly, was ready but she doesn't ask herself any questions.

The journey takes forever. She feels a hand take hers, bringing her back slightly to reality. It is her mother's hand, which is also ravaged by panic. She gnaws the fingers of her other hand. Alyssa squeezes her hand tightly back.

The second the carriage stops, Alyssa literally jumps up, pulling her mother's hand. Once in the Dragonpit, she sees two bodies lying on the ground, wearing helmets.

Her heart skips a beat when she notices that from one of these two helmets comes long silvery white hair.
Alicent also notices this detail and starts screaming "AEMOND!"

She begins to walk towards the body when a voice stops her "I'm here mother."

Aemond comes out of the darkness. He looks hurt...but alive.

Alicent runs to hug him. "You are alive" she cries. He winces in pain but responds to the hug. "Yes, I am mother." He finally looks up at his sister. She was biting  her fingers, because of the stress. "Aegon...?"

"He is with the maester." he says indicating the direction with his head. "We didn't know Rhaenyra would be there. He was badly messed up." Alyssa goes directly towards the direction indicated by her brother.

Arriving in a small room she sees blood and hears moaning. She walks over and sees him, bruises and cuts everywhere. But the deepest seems to come from his hips.

His face is pierced with pain. His teeth clenched.
"Aegon..."She quickly approaches him and kneels beside him. "My love."
Aegon seems to realize his wife's presence. "Aaa...lyssa"
She gently takes his hand. "I'm here."
"...came back...see"
"Yes, you came back, my love."

He smiles at her before screaming.

"What is happening!?"
"Pardon us my Queen, we are trying as best we can to mend the wounds. If we don't do it soon, her majesty might loose the use of her legs, or even having to have them amputated."
"Amputated..." She repeats slowly

Aegon screams again, shifting in pain.

"Your Majesty, I know it's hard but you must stay still."

Alyssa cradles his head in her hands, tears in her eyes. "Aegon, my love. Look at me. Focus on me."

Aegon fixes his gaze on his wife's but the pain is too strong and he moves again.
"We must immobilize the King!"

"We'll take care of it." Says a voice from the entrance to the room. It was The Hand, Lord Hightower, accompanied by Ser Criston. Alyssa nods and stands up, letting the two men stand on either side of the King, holding him down.

"Go ahead," the Hand says to the maesters. "Come on my boy, you can do it! You're strong" he says to his grandson.

They go back to work, to Aegon's screams. Alyssa's heart breaks, the tears she's been holding back for a week roll down her cheeks. Aegon's screams break her.

She rests her head against the nearest wall. Shaking.

She feels someone take her in his arms from behind. "It'll be OK." She recognizes Rhaenys' voice.

"It is too hard."

A new cry from Aegon rings out.

"Aegon, stay put! It's almost over!" says Otto

Alyssa cries harder and curls up lightly on top of her. "They'll treat him. It'll be fine. You have to stay strong."

"Oh my gods, Aegon!" their mother's voice resounds. Alyssa turns to her.

She is in tears, Aemond holds her by the arm.

Alyssa stands up and walks slowly over to her mother and brother. Aemond hugs them both.

After a few moments, the screams stop. Alyssa pokes her head out of her brother's chest. 

She does not have time to ask the question that Otto speaks."He passed out from the pain.."

Alyssa nods, tears tearing her face.

A few moments later, the maester speaks. "It's over. He's going to recover but he will have to be watched and the re-education will be long."

"I hope you did a better job than your predecessor." Otto replies curtly before getting up, like Ser Criston. 

Alicent runs to her son's bedside. "Aegon...my little boy...I'm here." She gently strokes his cheek.

The maester stands up, ready to leave, Alyssa stops him. "Wait."

"Yes my Queen."

"Before you leave, heal my brother." she says looking at Aemond.

"I'm fine. I'm fine."

"Do you think I'm blind?"

"Alyssa..."

"It's not your sister who's asking for you, but your Queen. There's no way I'm losing you to a badly treated wound."

He nods. "Very well, my Queen."

He sits down on the edge of the bed, his back to their mother, and takes off his tunic.

Although the wounds are less impressive than Aegon's, they are still large. Including one in particular on the ribs.

"And you were planning on going far like that? Maybe arriving in your quarters and collapsing dead in front of Heleana? Very nice plan for his sanity." she says in rage, hands on her hips.

He serves the teeth. "My priority was Aegon. He protected me. I wouldn't be here if he didn't have AH!" he writes, glaring at the maester.

"Pardon me ,my Prince."

"Leave him alone, will you. Who did this to you?"

"Daemon."

"What about Aegon?"

"Rhaenyra. They set a trap for us by making me believe that only Daemon would be there. Luckily there were several of us, otherwise I won't be there."

The maester gets up. "I did my best my prince. Come see me if you need something for the pain."

"hm"

"He won't tell you. Have it delivered to his apartments."

"Good my Queen."

"You have to take my husband back to the red keep, discreetly. Take one of the carriages"

"Alright my Queen, we will proceed with his transfer."

"Otto?"

"Yes my Queen?"

"You will accompany him with Ser Criston and my mother."

"Good my Queen." he says bowing. "I'll have a carriage sent to you as soon as we arrive."

She nods. 

A few moments later, everyone is ready to transfer.Alyssa walks up to Aegon and kisses his temple. 

"I'll join you as soon as possible my love."

Alicent did not let go of her son's hand. "Are you sure my sweet?"

"Yes mother, stay with him. You both need it."

Alicent smiles at her daughter and the council members lift the King towards the carriage.

Alyssa and Aemond slowly follow them.Once Aegon is installed, they slowly leave, disappearing from view. 

Alyssa turns and walks towards the two bodies.

She removes the helmet from the one with long hair.

She recognized her uncle's face. 

"Daemon...."

"He wanted to get it over with...I thought we were both going to perish. If Aegon and Ser Harrold hadn't distracted him..."

She quickly looks at the body in front of her, a hint of sadness mixed with rage. 

"I was of your blood. You are the one who gave me a name and promised to protect me. And yet you only wanted our destruction... which caused yours. Sleep well uncle."

Alyssa turns to the second body and recognizes the armor of the royal guard. She wiggles the helmet off, scared of what she knows is underneath.

There he is...the man who had always protected her.

Tears wash over Alyssa's face again.

"He sacrificed himself for us."

Alyssa gently strokes her hand over his cheek.

"He has protected me...all my life. Discreetly." 

She leans down and kisses his forehead. 

"You have more than paid your debt to my mother. Rest in peace Ser Harrold."

She covers Ser Harrold's body and stands up, wiping away some tears.

She turns to her brother and hugs him. "Thank you for coming back and bringing him to me...""We made you a promise. And there was no way we were going to break it.""Thanks.""What do you want to do now?""Giving proper funerals to our deads. Honored Ser Harrold for his dedication. Healing you and....""And?" Aemond asked, detaching himself from his sister."End our sister..."

**************************************

I know, I've been away for a very long time! To make up for it, chapter after chapter and I'll work quickly on the rest. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 505 4
when the princess gave birth to her first child, the kingdom rejoiced, and when the sweet princess was followed by brothers they expected the princes...
10.8K 364 27
Alyssanne "Allie" Targaryen was the younger daughter of Viserys I Targaryen and Aemma Arryn. When she was born, he mother died giving birth to her an...
3.2K 95 12
None her mother's looks, but all of her mother's personality. Alyssa Velaryon was the second born child of Princess Rhaenrya Targaryen and Ser Laenor...
64.9K 1.2K 25
Alyssa Targaryen is the eldest daughter of Viserys Targaryen and Alicent Hightower. When they were at Dragonstone for Laena Velaryon's funeral and he...