Doctor-Patient Confidentialit...

By EmendedHearts

"That's it, baby," he continues, his tone almost soothing, despite the filth spilling from his lips. "Take my... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty-One
Chapter Eighty-Two
Chapter Eighty-Three
Chapter Eighty-Four
Chapter Eighty-Five
Chapter Eighty-Six
Chapter Eighty-Seven
Chapter Eighty-Eight
Chapter Eighty-Nine
Chapter Ninety
Chapter Ninety-One
Chapter Ninety-Two
Chapter Ninety-Three
Chapter Ninety-Four
Chapter Ninety-Five
Chapter Ninety-Six
Chapter Ninety-Seven
Chapter Ninety-Eight
Chapter Ninety-Nine
Chapter One Hundred
Chapter One Hundred and One
Chapter One Hundred and Two
Chapter One Hundred and Three
Chapter One Hundred and Four
Chapter One Hundred and Five
Chapter One Hundred and Six
Chapter One Hundred and Seven
Chapter One Hundred and Eight
Chapter One Hundred and Nine
Chapter One Hundred and Ten
Chapter One Hundred and Eleven
Chapter One Hundred and Twelve
Chapter One Hundred and Thirteen
Chapter One Hundred and Fourteen
Chapter One Hundred and Fifteen
Chapter One Hundred and Sixteen
Chapter One Hundred and Seventeen
Chapter One Hundred and Eighteen
Chapter One Hundred and Nineteen
Chapter One Hundred and Twenty
Chapter One Hundred and Twenty-One
Chapter One Hundred and Twenty-Two
Chapter One Hundred and Twenty-Three
Chapter One Hundred and Twenty-Four
Chapter One Hundred and Twenty-Five
Chapter One Hundred and Twenty-Six
Chapter One Hundred and Twenty-Seven
Chapter One Hundred and Twenty-Eight
Chapter One Hundred and Twenty-Nine
Chapter One Hundred and Thirty
Chapter One Hundred and Thirty-One
Chapter One Hundred and Thirty-Two

Chapter Forty-Two

2.6K 39 4
By EmendedHearts

💕Author's Note: Hey, gorgeous! Read ahead (over 100 chapters) by becoming a patron at www.EmendedHearts.com/join

💗💗💗

We make our way back to the roundabout again, and this time I have a hard time enjoying the scenery as I walk past more statues and fountains and other impressive sights. My mind is completely preoccupied with the imposing man walking next to me, leading me with his hand still resting snugly on my lower back.

I hate to admit it, but his hand feels amazing; strong and sure and possessive.

I really should tell him to take it off me, to keep his hands to himself, but I'm having a bit of trouble—quite a bit, actually—figuring out if that's what I actually want. It's the right thing to do, obviously, but no one ever said doing the right thing was easy.

I try to focus on the cool wispy blades of grass beneath my feet and the cold air blowing over my skin instead of the large, warm hand on my back and the sexy, woody cologne emanating from his body.

We're finally at the roundabout again, and there are still people pulling up with their cars, just arriving on the scene. This is obviously meant to be an all-nighter. I wonder how long Nicole intends for us to stay. I'm betting it's probably how ever long Mindy wants.

I feel Frost's hand leave my back, and he checks his phone before turning to me again.

"Wait here," he says, pulling his jacket off. He brings it around me, and I realize I've been clutching my body the whole time, trying desperately to keep myself warm even though I didn't notice it because I was actually using the cold to keep my focus on something other than him—even if it was unpleasant.

He brings the big jacket around me, and I'm already waving my hands in refusal and shaking my head.

"No, it's okay. I'm staying," I say, still wrapping my arms around myself.

He frowns slightly, but proceeds to cover me with the jacket anyway, easily draping it over my shoulders. The giant coat tents me, and its crisp, thick fabric brings instant warmth with it—warmth and his super sexy, musky cologne.

I'm suddenly encompassed by the indirect heat of his body and the incredible smell of him. I feel my body sway ever so slightly as my senses become momentarily overwhelmed by him, and I can't stop myself from swooning inside.

"I thought you just agreed to let me take you home," he says, sounding a bit irritated and bringing me out of my very brief reverie. "You clearly don't want to be here."

"I'll get home the way I got here," I say, avoiding his frosty eyes.

His name is actually quite fitting for the pair of icy things. They give him an extra menacing edge, and I have to wonder how that works out for him whenever he's dealing with his patients. I have absolutely no doubt that this man intimidates most, if not all, of his patients, or has at one point or another.

Just then, a red Porsche pulls up just a few feet away from where we're standing, and from it emerges yet another person I wasn't planning on running into tonight.

Mindy.

She's dressed in all white, from her lace dress to her platform heels and her Chanel clutch. Her blue-black hair is up in a sleek ninja bun, making her bangs look even more blunt and severe on her face. They definitely frame her eyes well; eyes that quickly zone in on me as she walks up to the curb to hand her keys to a valet.

She looks between Dr. Frost and I as she continues to walk up to us, her brow arched in surprise, but the questioning expression on her face is quickly replaced when he looks her way with a friendly smile.

"Raven, darling," she says, coming in for an embrace and giving me air kisses. I know she's only doing it for show.

"Uh...Mindy..." I begin, unsure of what to say. That seems to keep happening to me quite a lot tonight. I seriously feel like I'm in the twilight zone.

She glances at the jacket tenting my body, and then at my bare feet before moving her attention to Frost.

She extends her hand out to him. "Doctor Frost, so good to see you here. It's been too long," she smiles, her eyes focused solely on him as he takes her hand in his.

He kisses the back of her knuckles, and I feel a sharp jabbing sensation hit me in my side as I watch it happen. I don't know why seeing him kiss her hand is pissing me off. I must be insane, but I don't want to watch him kiss anyone, even if it's in greeting.

I don't want to be around any of this anymore.

I don't want to be around him anymore.

I start to shake off his jacket, pushing it off my shoulders, but just before I can take it off completely, Mindy shoots me a look, almost like a warning, but I'm not sure what it means.

"Mindy, I was just about to head back inside—" I start to speak, but she cuts off my attempt to explain.

"You two sure seem to be getting along nicely," she says, smiling between the both of us, the implications of her words as clear as the starless night sky above us.

More people continue to trickle in around us, several of whom give Frost long, undivided stares—the women's based on obvious lust, and the men's on obvious disdain. However, I can't help but notice that quite a few of the male guests seem to share the women's sentiments as they walk by him.

I suppose it should be expected. Dexter Frost is objectively very attractive and an obvious sex magnet. I mean, he's pretty much the embodiment of super mind-blowing sex on a pair of long, super-toned legs.

"You're not leaving already, are you?" Mindy asks him.

"Unfortunately, I am," he says, glancing at his watch. "Have to be up early tomorrow."

I glance at my watch as soon as he does. I'm not even sure why I do it. It's a little after one; typically late for me but obviously still early for everyone else who plans on staying.

"I could only come because I wasn't on call tonight," he explains to Mindy. They're conversing like I'm not even here.

"I guess a doctor's work is never done," Mindy says with a chuckle.

Her attention turns to me once more. "And I take it you're leaving as well?" she says.

I start to shake my head. "Uh, no I 'm—"

But as soon as I do, her eyes narrow at me again, and I quickly realize she isn't asking me a question. She's telling me that I'm going to go home with him; that I don't have a choice in the matter if I want to work for her.

I immediately backtrack. "I mean, ah, yes...yes, I'm tagging along with him," I say, hating how unsure I sound.

I feel Frost's eyes on me again, and I hate how they're both staring at me so hard. I hate being put on blast like this. This is not the kind of attention I like.

I chance a look in his direction, and his expression is questioning, almost as if he wants to ask me why I just had a sudden change of heart, but he doesn't.

Instead, Mindy speaks again. "Alright, then. You two drive safe." She turns to me. "I'll tell Nicole you left early. Text me when you get home."

She turns her attention back to Dr. Frost once more.

"It's been really good seeing you again, Dex," she smiles. "You should come out more. Like the old days. And make sure you get her home safely."

"You don't need to tell me that," he smiles.

She gives him an acknowledging nod, right before she gives me one last glance and walks past us into the main entrance, leaving us with a short but noticeable silence.

***

💕Author's Note: Hey, again! We'll post one chapter every Friday, but there are currently over 140 chapters, so this may take a while. If you just can't wait, you can read ahead by becoming a patron at www.EmendedHearts.com/join

Your support is greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading! And don't forget to VOTE, SHARE and COMMENT! Love ya :).

XOXO 😘

Eme and the hearts @EmendedHearts 💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.1K 626 54
Evanly craves love, affection, satisfaction, and sex, all neglected in her loveless marriage. But a ray of hope appears when she encounters a wealthy...
144K 1.2K 8
"Now, Gary. I understand that you're twenty-four. But I need you to train in restraining your sexual desire, you're not a horny teenager. So, we will...
1.4M 390 1
Lia I'm a sucker for romance, especially romance in novels because let's be honest, love like that doesn't exist in reality. Yet, he makes me feel a...
565K 17.5K 55
I feel the breath of air on the back of my neck. My limbs freeze and my breath catches in my throat. The male hands grab me by the hips. I can't move...