Flawed Hearts (EDSER AU)

By jigercelbursin

'I long for you in your absence, and in your presence, just the same- endlessly' Fanfiction Serkan Bolat, the... More

FLAWED HEARTS
NOTE FOR READERS
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
!ANNOUNCEMENT!

CHAPTER 4

190 10 5
By jigercelbursin

EDA-

"We'll be reaching in half an hour."
I texted Ceren as I waited for kiraz to come.
I got off early from my shift today so I decided to pick kiraz  from her school. Ceren then suggested that we meet at a diner for ice cream, so I'm taking kiraz with me. She loves to spend time with her aunt Ceren.

Considering that I'm an army nurse, I barely get to spend time with my daughter, so I try my best to give her happy moments whenever I can and Ceren, my bestfriend, is my partner in this. She's like a second mother to kiraz. We have always been there for each other in our ups and downs and continue to do so.

I was brought back from my thoughts by the sweet melodious voice of my munchkin,
"Mommy!!!" There she comes, running to me with her bag on her back, and a small notebook in her hands. I went down on my knees and welcomed her in my arms with a big hug.

"Mommy!!, you came to pick me up today!!!" She said, with a bright smile on her face.

"Yes sweetie!! And guess what, I have a little surprise for you."

"Really!!" She exclaimed, joyfully.

"Okay, you don't wanna be late so quickly hop in the car and then we'll talk about your day. Yes?" I said, opening the backdoor for her.

"Yesss!!" She voiced excitedly and jumped in the car.

I closed the door and went to the wheel.

***

After about 20 minutes, we had reached to our stop.

"Okay kiraz, your wait is over." I said. Grabbing her hand, we walked towards the diner.
"See who's here to meet you..."

Ceren was standing there, waiting for us.

"Aunt Ceren!!" She gasped and went running to her.

"Hi Kiraz!!!, You missed me?"

"A lot, did you miss me too while you were on your trip?"

"Oh, of course I did, that's why your mom and I decided to give you a surprise! Did you like it?"

"Veryy much!, Thankuu"

"Now who's ready for some chocolate and vanilla ice-cream?"

"I am!!!" She jumped with joy and went inside.

"Edaaaa!!!! I missed you!!"
Ceren came to me and gave me a tight hug.

"I missed you too, How have you been? And how was your trip?" I replied.

"I'll tell you all about it. Let's go" She said.

***

"It's not working Eda. Hakan is acting so weird, I am doubting he's having an affair." Ceren said as she finished narrating her whole trip to me. We were standing just a few feet away from our car after we left the diner and Kiraz was already in the car.

"Yeah but didn't you guys planned this whole trip to sort out things between each other and enjoy for a while away from your hectic schedule?"
I asked.

"Enjoy?" She scoffed. "He was on his phone and laptop whole time and barely spent any time with me. He was also acting very distant. Said that there was an urgent crisis in his office which needed his attention"

"That's weird." I exclaimed. Hakan was Ceren's fiance. They dated for 6 years and Hakan proposed to her two months back only. They were planning their wedding next year. As far as I know, he seems to be a decent guy.

Suddenly, we were interrupted by my phone ringing. I took it out of my purse.

"Oh shoot!" I said.

"What is it?" Ceren asked.

"I just remembered, I needed to reach the hospital."

"But isn't your shift already over?"

"It is, but I need to personally check on a patient, I have been ordered by Major himself."

"It's okay, you take your car and go to the hospital, I'll take Kiraz with me. Anyways it's been so long since I watched some movies with her." Ceren exclaimed.

"Thank you so much Ceren. I'll reach home soon, It shouldn't take long."

"No worries. You go now".

I nodded and quickly went to kiraz. After bidding goodbyes, I went to my car and drove off to the hospital.

***

This is the moment I was dreading.

I was ready in my uniform, standing in front of room number 104.

I was just a door away from my patient.

From that man, I met 4 months ago.

From the man that I couldn't get out of my head since months.

From the man who was so handsome that I had never seen anyone like him.

From the man whose eyes did things to me.

From Serkan Bolat.

It's okay Eda. You don't know him. He's just a patient.

I took a deep breath and opened the door knob, but he wasn't there. The bed sheets were crumbled and cold. There was a magazine lying on the side table along with a cell phone. A white polo shirt was neatly placed at the end of the bed. I could hear the sound of shower running. So he's in the bathroom.

'Should I wait for him or should I just knock on the door?' I thought to myself.

Suddenly the shower stopped.

I should just do it.

I went to the bathroom door and knocked on it twice.

There was no response for a minute.
I lifted my hand to knock again but just then, the door opened.
And I wasn't prepared for what I saw.

Serkan Bolat stood by the door frame half naked in all his glory. The first thing that I saw, were his stormy grey eyes that were ever changing...
From grey to sea green to again grey. I could easily get lost in them. I inspected him from head to toe, taking in every detail of his deftly crafted body.
His strawberry blonde hair were wet and casually scattered around. A few strand of hair were dripping with water droplets. His beard was slightly outgrown which was agreeably making him look a lot more hotter. The torso was well defined with a broad chest which was lightly peppered with body hair. The toned abs, chiseled stomach and sculpted mid section showed that he was no less than a greek god. His whole body was covered in numerous war scars, and it was clearly written on his face that he was proud of them.
His dark blue denim jeans hung below his waistline...

I was interrupted with a deep voice.

"Excuse me" He said, with a tone of sarcasm in his voice.
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to come out like this."

With a start I realised that I was checking him out shamelessy.

He would've surely noticed.

I quickly stepped aside, for him to come out. He started walking towards the bed and then picked up the white T-shirt. I said in an apologetic manner,

"No actually I am sorry, I should have waited for you to come out."
"You know I had to reach somewhere urgently after my shift and then I completely forgot that I had to come pay you a visit, and then I thought that you must've been waiting for me but since I was already running late-"

He cut me off with a soft smile on his face and said-

"Hey, calm down, it's alright, you are not late in fact you're on time. I should have been ready for the visit but I wasn't feeling very well and I badly needed a shower. I appreciate the punctuality... Mrs. Eda Yildiz."

Shit.

"You shouldn't have had a shower without bandaging your arm." I said, ignoring what he just said.

He sat down on the bed and said-

"Don't worry, I made sure not to wet that part."

"Yeah, but you could've called One of the nurses." I replied back.
"Nevertheless, tell me how are you feeling?" I questioned.

"I'm feeling... Intrigued" He said, after a pause.
I saw a lopsided grin creep across his face.

"I meant, the injury"

"Oh yes, it's better. Just some pain in the shoulder."

I took the files and started to write...

"Okay, and I hope there's no problem with movement in the shoulder?"

"Nothing like that but I can feel pain in the muscles."

"Alright, can I see your arm please?"

"Sure" He said and stretched his wounded left arm towards me.

I took a quick look at it. Everything was fine.

"Nothing to worry off. It just needs regular dressing and I think you'll be good to go. I'll send someone to you. Also I'm writing some pain killers, so make sure you take them on time."

"Do you remember me Eda Yildiz?."
He asked and stood up. He walked One step closer to me.

Ohhh no... Deny, just simply DENY!!!

"No, I don't" I said, trying my best to sound confident.

"Is that so?" He asked, matter of factly.

"Then maybe, this will help you remember."
He turned around towards the side table and picked up a book.
I peeked to read it's name. 'What we See in The Stars' it read.

I've seen this one before.

And then it clicked to me!

He opened the book, and took out a bookmark from it. It had a painting of the night sky which I painted.
It was mine.

"Is it Your's?" He said while handing it to me.

I don't have much of a choice Now.

"Yes, it's mine. I think I had dropped it somewhere." I replied.

"If you remember, 4 months back, we met at the University Library, you left it there."

"Oh yeah, right, sorry, I'm bad at remembering people."

I lied.
Who can't remember this handsome face.

"But I think I left it in the book which I was reading, and I surely kept it back, how did you get that?" I questioned back.

He smiled at me and said,

"Well, I think the purpose of this bookmark was to get back to you through me, it knew that we were going to meet each other someday or the other, just like I told you back then."

I couldn't help but smile.

A blush creeped across my face and my cheeks felt hot.

"That was nice." I said, mustering up the courage.

"I like your painting, I also used to love doing it."

How did he knew that I painted it!?

I was visibly shocked.

"I'm sorry, how did you know, I painted it?"

"I just knew... " He said, casually.

Is he stalking me!!?

Let me tell you, I'm never intimidated by anyone, but this man has something in him, I don't know what it is, maybe his voice, maybe his smile, maybe, his sweet flirting... He reminds me a lot of. . . . . . Him.

"Well, I will take your leave now, thanks for this though. According to your reports, you need not stay here any longer. You can leave tomorrow.
I'll prepare your discharge summary."

"Alright." He said.

"Also, one of my juniors, Azra, will be on duty, just call her if you need anything." I told him.

"Sure, thank you, Miss Eda Yildiz."
He replied with a small smile.

I turned back towards the door and started to walk out.

"Eda?" He said suddenly.

I stopped.

"Could you please close the door?"

"Yes" I said without turning back.

I finally walked out, closing the door behind me. With my back against the wooden door, I took a deep breath.

"Eda!? Hey, How are you?"

I didn't realise where Ahmet came from.

He was wearing regular  Shirt and trousers and had a briefcase with him.

"Ahmet, Hi, nice seeing you." I put my hand forward to him but instead he gave a me a hug.
He Always does.

"Where were you? I didn't see you all day."

"Yeah, actually my shift ended earlier so I left for home." I replied.

"Oh you should've stayed, we could've had lunch together." He said excitedly.

"I didn't knew you had come today, so..." I said awkwardly.

Ahmet is one of my colleagues here. We actually did our MBBS together. He's had a crush on me since then. He used to invite me to dates and all to which I always refused, but then we got separated, I went with Efe, and he came here.
Then when I came here a few months back, we met again. I told him that I'm still single and since then, he's been trying his chances on me. I might've said no a hundred times but he doesn't get it.
That doesn't mean that he's a bad guy... He has a good job, a house in one of the best places, he's good looking, respectful and kind and generous.
The thing is, that he's also single.

"Well, it's a weekend tomorrow so why don't we go out for dinner?" He asked.

Here we go again...

"Actually..."

"Please Don't say no Eda, you always do."

"Ahmet, I..."

"It's just a friend inviting you to dinner Eda, nothing else." He assured.

"Okay... I'll come" I agreed.

"Thank you Eda. So I'll come pick you up... "

"No no no, you don't have to do that, just message me the address, and I'll meet you there?"

"Yeah, no problem, See you tomorrow then?"

"Sure, Bye."

Let's see where this goes...

End of Chapter 4...

Hey guys, hope you loved the chapter. A new person has been introduced in the story.
What do You think, the dinner will go like?

Comment your thoughts and stay tuned for the next part...

Much love :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.3K 2.6K 31
His crazy Peri Kizi, who came to him from the fairyland of sex, flowers, and chocolate, to illuminate his life with all the madness she held. She was...
17.8K 1.3K 24
A hidden love or just great friends? Maybe even best friends? After 6 years of friendship one night could change their worlds forever. Serkan Bolat...
21K 3.3K 75
You know how it feels when those you love are the key factors as to why you are scarred physically and emotionally?. You don't? Well, Maliya Jamil ca...
42.6K 1.8K 25
Eda Yıldız, a very sweet girl who has a heart of gold and the purest soul once meet Serkan Bolat known as robot who doesn't have feelings and doesn't...