OUTERBANKS SEASON4

By Millyboo92

☆Riara☆ I'm going to write this story really slow as I will be writing two stories at the same time (one bei... More

Chapter One; Part 1: The Jump
Chapter 1: Part2: "Bring it back in one piece"
Chapter 1: Part 3: She shouldn't be here
Chapter 1: Part 4: Is she crazy?
Chapter2:Part1: Memories
Chapter 2: Part 2: Rafe at Barrys'
Chapter 2: Part 2: Drama
Chapter 2: Part 3: A Kiss in the Swamp
Chapter 3: Part 1: Dinner at Carreras'
Chapter 3: Part 2: To Barbados We go
Chapter 3: Part 3: Set Sail
Chapter 3: Part 2: The First Day
Chapter 4: Part 1: Day Two
Chapter 4: Part 2: Collide
Chapter 5: Part 1: The Way You Make Me Feel
Chapter 5: Part 2: Fishing
Chapter 5: Part 3: The Stormy Night
Chapter 6: Part 1: Last Night was Rocky
Chapter 6: Part 2: Buzzcut Season
Chapter 7: Part 1: Should I Stay
Chapter 7: Part 2: Invader
Chapter 7: Part 3: The Night Market
Chapter 8: Part 1: What They'd Been Waiting For
Chapter 8: Part 2: Final Chapter
Additional Chapter: FIVE WEEKS LATER
Additional Chapters: Part 2 (FIVE WEEKS EARLIER)
Additonal Chapters- Part 3: The Figure on His Bike
Additional Chapters: Part 4: Feelings Not Lost
Additional Part: Part 5: Kook Kiara
Additional Part 6: Hi Again
Additional Part: Part 7: What was she thinking?
Additional Part 8: The Dinner
Additional Part 9: Two bold lines
Additional Part 10: Subtle signs
Additional Part 11: The Stall
Additional Part 12: Break In
Maya and Jude
Additional Part 13: The Pendant
Additiontal Part 14: Kiara's Secret
Additional Part 15: Hungover
Additional Part 16: Troubles
Additional Part 18: Playing with Pirates
Additiontal Part 19: Keeping Afloat
Additional Part 20: Red Rose Petals
Additional Part 21: Messages
Additional Part 22: Barry and Rafe's Talk
Additional Part 23: Unexpected Allies
Additional Part 24: Sibling Disputes
Additional Part 25: The Rescue
Final Chapter: Atlas

Additional Part 17: Girl Talk

179 8 22
By Millyboo92

Hey guys!! New part! Sorry I haven't been updating as frequently, December I will try to do my best to have more parts up the best I can. Next part though I won't be able to work on for at least a week because of some things on this week... but hopefully I can do better updating from now on. I haven't also wrote for a while so this was a kind of warm up... writers block did not help lol so hope it just passes as ok. Guys thank you always for reading! For votes! And for every comment! sending you all love and warm warm hugs! xxx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, you wanna talk about it?" Sarah's face is focused, a dent of concentration dipped between her brows tells how much she'd been prepared to ask Kiara this question. She keeps her gaze out on the bobbing surface of the ocean, not wanting to come off as pushy to Kie. A flock of gulls take to the sky, squawking happily as they fly off from the pier.

Kie's gaze comes up, Sarah's golden hair floats over her eyes, and she swishes some strands away from her face. The gentle ocean breeze whirls over their faces, carrying its subtle fresh tangy smell to their noses. Their legs dangled over the edge off the pier, resting their elbows against the railing.

"I don't know." Kie shakes her head, casting her gaze out onto the waves gently crashing beneath them. "There's nothing to talk about... I've made up my mind." She says, then looks out at the ocean. Her brows furrowed with certainty... but that pang of anxious waves persist to whirl in her gut. It was overwhelming to think about how much things were about to change for Kiara... what was happening to her... to her body... all the responsibilities that would soon follow... but a warm glow illuminates her chest every time she touches a hand to her stomach... and her bump was beginning to show...

Kie plays with her hands, her expression showing she remained focused in thought.

Sarah inspects her carefully... she gives her a peculiar look before then gently rolling her eyes away to the side, trying to appear unfazed by her response, and instead push herself to show some understanding. "Well, ok." she huffs out, shaking her head. "Since we're not talking about that... we might as well talk about JJ..." she's particularly heavy on 'JJ'. "...i-it's that he's not seeing it, you know, Kie?" Sarah complains, beginning to wrap her arms gently over her lap. "I don't know... maybe, you could talk to him... snap some sense into Jjay... I don't know why he won't listen." she shakes her head. "Maybe you'd reach him better, you know? Y-you... you guys have always had this way- this thing... I guess, none of us had that, so maybe talking to him could change a lot... you could change his mind."

Kie's eyes flit back up to her curiously. Sarah's shoulders tense a little, contemplating how to talk to Kiara about JJ... she decides she'll take another route- she didn't want Kiara to avert talking about him as well... so she redirects her concern over to Jude, treading lightly on the topic.

"I mean, this guy- his name is Jude, right?... his behavior is just..." she shrugs, puckering her lips up as she's searching for a word to describe him "... is just... just gives off dark vibes, you know what I mean?... apparently this treasure has been his entire life's quest... so we're kind of scared for JJ. We think he'll get heavily involved, and in trouble... if it means getting back at Rafe, JJ would do anything- and he wouldn't hesitate or think twice... but they'll also hurt Jjay. And after all Cleo mentioned about Jude... I'm certain these two are up to no good..." she takes a moment to continue, her eyes tracing back to Kie. "He was there last night, you know... at the restaurant, right?... this 'treasure hunter'... apparently why Rafe dragged you out... Jude wanted something, Kie- and it could all lead to trouble."

"Right." Kie echoes back. She couldn't help how her face flashed with a little more life, coloring her cheeks, on mention on why Rafe was there... so it hadn't been about the pogues... Her eyes lit up, falling back to her feet, gazing at her sneakers.. her laces had come undone and now sway over the water beneath them. Her lips upturn uncontrollably into a faint smile. The bobbing reflection of the water flows over her face, letting her sink into thoughts that had kept her mind distracted as Sarah continues chattering on...

"-JJ should know better." Sarah continues. "Because it's not like it shouldn't be obvious.. t-that these two just seem invested into our work all of a sudden when most likely they're already involved with some underground organization that is already helping them out- which is what Cleo said, by the way. It just feels off, you know... like they may be watching our every move-" Sarah says, a niggling suspicion in the pit of her gut brings her to spin her gaze around like she'd been searching to find the pair standing somewhere within the area- expecting to spot one of them in the not so far distance. She continues to inspect the area when her eyes come to Kie... catching her slightly wandering smile. Her brows wrinkle with curiosity. "Kie?" Kie shoots her gaze up quickly, caught off guard. "You ok?"

Kie shakes her head awkwardly, and her gaze floats around until they find Sarah again. "Ahhh, no, it's nothing- nothing-" she shakes her head-

"Come one, Kie." Sarah presses.

"No-" Kie says, fiddling with her hands, then rubs them over her knees. "Just... you know.. you said something earlier... and..." she pauses.

Sarah's eyes squint at Kie, pressing for her to continue.

Kie's nose wrinkles, looking up, then down as she pauses... her smile twitches- her stomach drops, crawling with the uncomfort of bringing up how she felt about Sarah's brother. "It's just Rafe.. you know, the way he's been... the way he's made me feel.. so.. I don't know, he's been so protective- maybe even overly protective, yes, but it's kinda dorky, really, and it's..." she tilts her head, her cheeks burning, "-it's kinda... cute... maybe-" she grimaces, pushing the embarrassment away. "Maybe, even... i don't know- adorable, sweet, he cares-"

"Adorable?" Sarah interjects quickly, putting up a hand for her to stop. She gapes with disbelief, not believing she just heard 'Rafe' and 'adorable' being put in a sentence together by Kie. She's surprised- she couldn't believe her ears- it makes them want to bleed- it makes her stomach churn- she must be this far off deluded, she's beyond help at this point- Sarah believes. "No. Kie. We don't use the words adorable and sweet when describing my psychotic brother, ok?... Never." she groans, in heated frustration. "I know you guys are together and all, but Rafe is Rafe and d-do y-you s-still remember what h-he di-" she sputters, unable to complete her sentence. "What has he done to you?- scratch that- I don't want to know-" Sarah shudders, eyes dropping to Kie's lower half "It's obvious-" she gestures to her belly awkwardly. "You are carrying... a little Rafe."

Kie shrugs, her cheeks heating up. "Well, back to the point-" she mutters, annoyed, glaring at Sarah. "He was there because of Jude, that's all... not because he wanted trouble, not cause 'the pogues' were there, or to cause problems, but his intentions- Sarah..." Kie stresses the word 'intensions' heavily. "...he's overly protective- concerned- and I can't help find that kinda sweet, ok?- he's felt helpless since I started feeling ill... and he still believes it's because of stress-"

"Yes- of course, stress- sure." she huffs, frustrated. Sarah pauses to watch her carefully. "...we are still talking about the same guy who did some unforgivable things... right?" Sarah's eyes follow Kiara's deeply, to ascertain Kiara was listening and absorbing her words... Sarah waits, trying to read her. Kie's lit up expression starts to dwindle and begins to fade. "Don't let it fool you, Kie."

"Right..." Kie winces, letting her shoulders slump a little. "...and he's your brother too, Sarah... someone that is trying to change..." she glances down at her slight bump, placing a hand over it, rubbing it warmly... A warm glow begins to fill her cheeks, spreading to her chest. "...someone I happen to be in love with... someone I can't help I fell for."

Sarah's face creases as her eyes fall to Kie's bump. She clears her throat- feeling a pang of guilt shoot through her... she forces herself to understand... and so, redirects the topic again... her expression changing and morphing, her features softening. "Well, I still think you should warn JJ..." Sarah says softly. "...according to him... Maya thinks she will get the 'vengeance' the pogues wanted, and JJ is whole-heartedly willing to go along with it... but this..." she gestures to Kie's lower half. "... could change things... that is, if JJ knows... possibly it would help end their interactions... JJ would think twice before he tries anything, Kie... because he still cares for you." Sarah huffs out, hopeful.

"I... I-I can't."

"Why?-"

"Because I can't exactly tell JJ, not before Rafe... it's just... I just can't do that to Rafe-" she stresses her last words, replying sternly-

"Then maybe open up to Rafe." Sarah exclaims, her expression tense as she tries her best to mask how painfully annoyed she was.

"It's not that easy." Kie shakes her head, her tone a little tight as she reads Sarah's judging look- "You don't know how hard it is, ok?"

Sarah shrugs. "Then how about after the results? At least you might be able to tell him the gender- it might be a conversation starter..." Sarah takes a jab, which she could tell Kie doesn't take lightly to. She pastes a smile, an apologetic one, a gentle look warming over her face again. "Look... we will work this out..." she huffs. "...meanwhile, consider how telling Rafe will be of help to everyone...but..." her expression lightens. "One thing I would like to do... I'd love to help you with names..." she offers a smile, trying to fill her expression with optimism.

Kie snorts.

"I wouldn't trust you with names-"

"What?- Why?!" Sarah exclaims, offended, a bubble of laughter suddenly escaping Kie with the way Sarah's face contorts with horror at how she'd taken offense. "Really? And you're trusting Rafe?-" she stares at her with incredulous disbelief. "No, no, no. You can't trust my brother-" Sarah protests. "Because you know he'll come up with some absurd name- some seriously kooky kook name you'll regret, Kie... l-like Clifford or something. I won't let Rafe do that- I won't stand by as Rafe gives this child a terrible name and potentially ruin his or her life... agreed?"

Kie continues to chuckle, when her eyes come to land unexpectedly on who she hadn't expected to see within the area the girls had been sitting... Rafe standing and speaking with another guy on the other end of the pier.

Sarah scoffs. "Speak of the devil.." she mutters to herself, annoyed, as she'd followed Kie's gaze.

"Who's that with him?" Kie says, using her hand to shield her eyes from the sun, her eyes moving over the two.

"Miguel..." Sarah replies, surprised herself. Her eyes scrunch up to get a better look. "Wheezie's boyfriend- I'm quite sure that's him."

"Wheezie?"

"Yeah, she's been with him for over a week now... didn't you know?"

"No. Why's Rafe talking to him?"

"I don't know- beats me..." a pleased smile rolls over her face and she relaxes back a little on her hands "-why don't you go ask your 'sweet' 'adorable' boyfriend yourself." she mocks her.

The girls watch on as the guys converse, then part ways and Rafe's eyes trail over the pier, narrowing in on Kie. The edges of his lips pick up, and he strolls his way down the long wooden deck, concealing something behind his back. As he nears, his smile grows, a glint of mischievous playfulness in his eyes, and he swings a bouquet of flowers from behind his back, handing them to Kie. Kie's smile breaks into a soft grin, and she pushes herself up onto her feet- "What is this?" She wraps her arms tenderly around him as they greet. Rafe traces his hand over her arm, then winds them around her back, holding her securely in him. He squeezes his arms around her waist, dipping his head to catch her lips, tasting her slowly. He moves his lips against hers tenderly, parting them slowly with his tongue to make more entry, then kisses her more deeply.

Sarah pulls a face like she wants to unsee it- whilst Rafe's mouth moves along Kie's neck, muffling something softly into her ear as it comes up, his warm breath coating her neck and tingling her skin. "Missed you, baby." he breathes. He trails more kisses along her jawline, dipping to her neck, nestling into the crook of her neck. "Saw you... and had to come say hi."

She smiles, and his hand comes up to caress her face gently as they pull apart slightly, Kie finds him already warmly smiling at her, his gaze locked to hers as he searches them.

"Yeah, well," Kie says, feeling her face flush a little, sensing Sarah's eyes prying in on them"... Sarah's here-" she hints, jerking her head lightly toward where Sarah sits. Rafe's gaze pauses on Kie, before taking the hint... his gaze follows to where Kie's eyes are now met with Sarahs- who then watches the both with displeasure.

Rafe clears his throat, forcing his eyes to meet his sisters. "Hey Sarah." he says, dully.

Her face sours more and she wants to leave, she dismisses him completely instead, rolling her eyes heavily away. Rafe ignores her.

"So I was just talking to Wheezie's boyfriend-" he raises a brow- "didn't think to find you here." he gestures to the surroundings- the pier scene filled with movement of fishing boats and scattered with light movement of fishermen and people doing business with them. He smiles cheekily. "I thought the mall might've been more your thing, and that's why you were taking so long."

"Yeah, well- guess you don't know everything, do you?" she pokes back, fixing up his collar of his t-shirt, tapping his shoulder playfully.

"Something else I didn't know- my younger sister was dating someone..." his eyes drop to Sarah. "Someone who is squatting in her room... under the same roof." he stresses his words out carefully, hoping she'd get his point- what he'd been impling. "Hope you're taking care of your baby sister, Sarah."

Sarah's gaze flies over her shoulder with a hardened look. "Shut up, douchebag... Miguel is a good guy, ok?" she snaps defensively. "Besides, JohnB has had a few words with him... he's much more capable of being a far better role model than you could be to either of them- so, just don't, ok?" she scoffs, turning her gaze away again with disgust, and stubbornly staring out at the ocean.

Rafe purses his lips back into a thin line, irritated, and looks away. His gaze takes time to soften, but eventually does and they come back to Kie. "You ready to go- you done here?..." he brushes a strand of her hair back behind her ear, and strokes her cheekbone with his thumb. He arches a brow at her. "Otis needs you." he playfully entices, a crooked smile rolling against his lips. "Have I ever told you how much he whines when your gone-" she's about to retort with a smile, about how Rafe was capable of handling Otis- remind Rafe that his more trouble than Otis himself, when she thought she heard an eerie scream traveling from somewhere off down the near coast... her eyes fly toward the direction, trying to make out where it came from. She thinks it may have resonated from an older abandoned looking pier off in the distance several meters away... a man cladded in black stalking off a gangway and moments later- she thinks she sees JJ. He emerges from behind a beach shed. Kie squints her eyes to get a better look... JJ begins to sprint across the deck furiously toward the other far end of the same pier the man had stormed off... JJ climbs over the railing, lifting himself up easily, and hurling himself over the edge without hesitancy. He crashes into the cold waters lapping beneath him and disappears into the cold blue.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.9K 569 53
'What do you want Rafe?', JJ says defeatedly. 'Listen I don't have much but I'll get you anything. Anything you want if you just let her go' Rafe ju...
29.7K 224 9
this is my second book and it's about a bunch of different story ideas and imagines about our favourite ship JJ and Kiara. I would love requests and...
12K 197 14
After the supposed death of Sarah and John B, JJ and Kiara have no one to lean on but each other during these dark times. Especially, with the awkwar...
141K 1.8K 55
"You can't put your life in danger for me" he yelled and tried to walk away from me. I couldn't let him get hurt. I had to help him, I don't get why...