Match Made in jannah | (janna...

By _zulayhatuh

Best friends turned lovers-what could be more beautiful than that? Their love was so radiant that it touched... More

Author's note and copyright
aesthetic
CHAPTER 1: MAHA SUFYAN AL-HARITH
CHAPTER 2: AYMAN SHUGABA
CHAPTER 3: MARRIAGE PROPOSAL
CHAPTER 4: SECRET
CHAPTER 5: LOVING IN A TWISTED WAY
CHAPTER 6: FAROUK
CHAPTER 7: WEDDING DAY
CHAPTER 8: ENEMIES WITHIN THE PALACE WALLS
CHAPTER 9: LITTLE BUNNY
CHAPTER 10:GRUMPY HUBBY.
CHAPTER 11: PHD IN MATURITY
CHAPTER 12:BLUE
CHAPTER 13: I WILL CATCH YOU IF YOU FALL
CHAPTER 14: DRUGS
CHAPTER 15: FIRST FIGHT
CHAPTER 16: LEAVING
CHAPTER 17: SURPRISE!
CHAPTER 18: NAF NAF
CHAPTER 19:GRADUATION
CHAPTER 20: I LOVE...YOU
CHAPTER 21: SMILE
CHAPTER 22: ASMA'U
CHAPTER 23: BABE
CHAPTER 24: BAD COUPLE
CHAPTER 25: BURNING INFERNO
CHAPTER 26: ROYALTY
CHAPTER 27: IS THIS LOVE?
CHAPTER 29:RUN
CHAPTER 30: AISHA'S SILENT AGONY
CHAPTER 31: NEW YEAR
CHAPTER 32: I'LL STAY
CHAPTER 33: PAIN.
CHAPTER 34: NEW YEAR
CHAPTER 35: I REMEMBER.
CHAPTER 36: AZRA AND AZRAN
EPILOGUE
ZAYN AND TESSIE'S SIDE STORY(1)
ZAYN AND TESSIE'S SIDE STORY (2)
ZAYN AND TESSIE'S SIDE STORY (3)
ZAYN AND TESSIE'S SIDE STORY (4)
ZAYN AND TESSIE'S SIDE STORY (5)

CHAPTER 28: HORRIBLE PAST

251 49 4
By _zulayhatuh

KANO STATE, NIGERIA.

Maha felt ecstatic, she stood in front of the mirror looking absolutely stunning. Retrieving her phone from the bed she took a few pictures which she posted on instagram and whatsapp with the caption, 'no water for a month but i came dripping!' and then she added the fire emoji's. She felt happy today, Zayn would be coming today and today is eid, she hasn't seen him or any of her family members for the past 1 months and she missed them alot. She felt so happy and she knew nothing would ruin her mood, nothing had been able to ruin her mood during eid so far. But what she didn't know is that this eid is different from all those other eids, today her life would take a turn for either the worst or better. It would take just one wrong decision and she will completely ruin her life, events from her past will be revealed on this holy occasion and she didn't even know. Today she would have to face her fear but she didn't even know about the upcoming danger so she couldn't prepare for it. What will happen today might just end up shattering her completely and reopening wounds that are yet to heal.

Ayman stepped into the room clad in a white kaftan, he looked absolutely gorgeous that Maha couldn't take her eyes off of him. Suddenly he came behind her and wrapped his hands around her waist, hugging her from behind. Then he suddenly pecked her cheeks, Maha's eyes widened like a saucer when her mind registered what he just did.
"Focus on yourself you also look beautiful." Ayman whispered as he grabbed her chin and made her look at herself in the mirror.
"Is that a compliment or what?" Maha asked with a light chuckle.
"It's a compliment." Ayman said, both Maha and Ayman gazed into each other's eyes through the mirror as they smiled lovingly at each other.

The other day at the cemetry, after Ayman had asked that question to no one in particular, they had both sat silently in the cemetry holding onto each other and afraid to let go. Each one of them was afraid that the other would escape if they let go and so they had held each other tightly as they looked at Aisha's grave. It was a sad sight to see.

Maha raised her phone to take another picture with Ayman, she took almost seven pictures while they were still in the same postion looking at each others eyes through the mirror.
"Why do you like taking picture so much?" Ayman asked, he chuckled right next to her ear and the sensation made her shiver.
"I just like looking at myself and admiring my beauty." Maha said with a shrug, Ayman nodded his head as he rested his head on her shoulder and took a deep breath and closed his eyes, the scent of her perfume was more stronger from her neck.
"Maybe you won't see me for the whole of today after I go out now." Ayman said, his head still buried in her shoulders.
"Where are you going to?" Maha asked.
"Today is the durbar ceremony." Ayman said and Maha's mouth formed an O. How could she forget such an important ceremony in the northern part of nigeria, the Durbar ceremony is a colorful and vibrant event, particularly celebrated during eid. It involves a procession of horses and participants adorned in traditional attire. The Emir or local leader, accompanied by his entourage, parades through the city or town, showcasing cultural splendor. The ceremony often includes traditional music, dance, and displays of horsemanship, creating a lively and festive atmosphere that reflects the rich cultural heritage of the Hausa people. On the first day of eid, the durbar is celebrated in the palace of the northern king and then the kings celebrate the rest of the durbar in their various states, the first day of eid tends to be the hardest for the Shugabas' because of the many guest that keep swarming in and out.
"I will get going." Ayman said and then he reluctantly released Maha and left.

Maha also decided to step out of the room because she was getting bored, it seems the maids and guards have now recognized her as the crown princess because they all bowed their heads and greeted her whenever she passed. Maha walked elegantly in her white and golden dress, she had a beautiful smile on her face and her emerald eye glistened with pure delight.
"Beautiful." That voice made Maha stoppd in her tracks and a scowl formed on her face, her emerald eyes dimmed as it glistened with pure untamed anger. Turning around all those emotions from ealier on had disappeared and a fake smile was plastered on her face.
"Sadiq." Maha said through gritted teeth as she chose to ignore the endearment. Sadiq smiled sheepishly as he scratched the back of his head awkwardly, Maha couldn't help but roll her eyes at his action. She had to go away from him, he is among the people whom Ayman told her she must always stay away from among the Shugabas'. Before coming to kano, Ayman had briefed her about his family, he told her that the only people she can trust among the Shugabas' is Samira and Aminu and then his sister from the same mother, the rest he told her were all wolf in sheep clothing. She was surprised though, it wouldn't be called a royal family if they didn't have wolf in sheep clothing, right? In other to survive in a royal family, you must always keep your guards up and never lower it for anyone, no matter what.
"Walk with me." Sadiq said as he stood beside her trying to act like a perfect gentleman.
"Prince Sadiq, since you saw me outside then you must know that i am going somewhere, right?" Maha asked with a stoic expression, it seems living with Ayman had made her to master the art of keep her face neutral or stoic. For a moment annoyance flashed in Sadiq's eyes but he quickly masked it with a smile, if Maha had not been closely watching him then she wouldn't have noticed.
"What's with the formalities, beautiful?"
"For the last time, will you stop calling me that ridiculous name?" Maha snapped, her patience was hanging on a thin thread and she needed to leave immediately or else nothing will stop her from shouting at Sadiq.
"C'mon beautiful--" Sadiq cut himself off when he noticed that she was actually leaving, he called her by the nickname he has give her but she didn't stop. Without any choice he was forced to call her name and immediately he called her name, she stopped.
"Why are you so cold towards me?" Sadiq asked.
"Is there a reason why i should be warm towards you?" Maha asked, she was glaring daggers as Sadiq but he ignored it all and spoke.
"Beautiful--" Again Maha turned to leave before he could continue speaking, this time Sadiq didn't wasting his time calling her and he grabbed her wrist. Sadiq didn't even have time to process what happened after he held her hand, he just felt a burning sensation on his cheek as Maha yanked her hands away from his hold, her eyes were blazing with rage and her chest raised up and down rapidly as she glared at Sadiq, the wind played with her scarf and the white scarf floated behind her making her looking like a battle angel.
"The next time your flithy hands touch me i will make sure that i do more than just slapping you." Maha threatened and then she turned to leave.
Sadiq stood in shock still holding his left cheek as he watched Maha's silhoutte disappear. Now he would definately go ahead with his plan, he would teach her a lesson that she will never be able to show her face in public, he will make sure to ruin her and he will do that before she leaves kano. Turning around, Sadiq saw the maids and guards still standing around, he felt more enraged that the workers had saw how a woman had slapped him.
"What are you looking at?! LEAVE!" Sadiq shouted like a maniac and immediately everyone left.

Maha walked aimlessly, not knowing were to go anymore, she needed to cool her head. She was still blazing with fury and she felt that just a simple slap isn't enough, she wanted to punched him and beat him black and blue but she restrained herself from doing so, it wouldn't do her any good.
While she was still lost in thought she didn't realize that she now stood in front of Aminu's chamber, she only realized that when people started greeting her. Now she had to get used to this fame as the crown princess, her eyes searched for Ayman and and she finally saw him but he had his back turned to her, her eyes wandered to the man standing beside him and her breath got caught in her throat. He also had his back turned to her and it has been six years since she last saw him but he was someone whom she could recognize even if she just woke up from sleep.

The crowded compound of the palace buzzed with a cacophony of voices, blending into an indistinct hum as Maha navigated through the sea of people. He had his back turned to her, but she could recognize him anywhere. The atmosphere seemed to thicken, and a chill ran down her spine as she approached him. The past, heavy and haunting, lingered in the air.

As she neared, he turned, and their eyes locked in an unsettling dance of recognition. His gaze, cold and calculating, met hers with a devious smile that sent shivers through her being. Time seemed to slow, the weight of the years between them collapsing into this singular moment.

She felt a surge of emotions—fear, anger, and a raw vulnerability that she thought she had buried deep within. The memories of that night, the trauma that had shaped her, surged to the forefront of her mind. But she stood her ground, determined to confront the demons that had haunted her for so long.

His smile widened, revealing a sinister satisfaction that made her blood run cold. The room blurred around them, and as their eyes locked, everything seemed to fade to black. The world collapsed into a void, and the edges of her vision dimmed until all that remained was the haunting memory of his face.

In that moment of disorienting darkness, the shadows seemed to close in on her, wrapping around her like a suffocating cloak. The haunting memories of the past collided with the harsh reality of the present, threatening to overwhelm her senses.

As the world slipped away, a soft murmur reached her ears. Ayman, emerged from the blurred edges of her fading consciousness. His arms enveloped her in a protective embrace, a steady anchor in the tumult of emotions. His voice, a soothing balm, whispered reassurances that everything would be alright.

His words became a lifeline, the last thread connecting her to the waking world. The room's clamor faded, replaced by the gentle cadence of his voice. Yet, despite his comforting presence, the relentless undertow of memories pulled her further into the abyss.

His voice lingered, the warmth of his breath against her ear, the final sensation before the world dissolved into complete darkness. The tendrils of unconsciousness embraced her, and the echoes of his words became distant whispers, leaving her suspended in a silent void.

In that harrowing moment, Ayman's arms encircled Maha's limp form, a stark contrast to the strength he usually felt when holding her. As her body went slack, a chilling realization gripped him—Maha, the woman he vowed to protect, was slipping away, if only momentarily.

His usually composed demeanor shattered, replaced by an unspoken terror etched across his face. The weight of her lifeless body pressed against him, and in that instant, the fear of losing her, like he lost his previous wife, engulfed him. The lines of worry etched deep into his forehead, and his hands, which had once confidently cradled Maha, now trembled under the weight of the unforeseen.

The world around him blurred, the lively surroundings muted by the abrupt descent into an unforeseen nightmare. In that suspended moment, Ayman's heart raced with a raw, unfiltered fear. It was not just witnessing Maha's physical vulnerability that shook him; it was the stark reminder of the fragility of the love he was hesitant to embrace fully.

As he held her lifeless form, a silent plea resonated in his eyes—a desperate wish to rewrite the tragic script fate had seemingly imposed. The struggle within him intensified, torn between the haunting shadows of the past and the urgent need to grasp the fleeting moments of the present.

In that profound and terrifying moment, Ayman faced not only the fear of losing Maha but also the deeper struggle within himself—an internal battle between holding onto the echoes of the past and embracing the uncertain future with the woman who needed him now more than ever.

"Murderer!" The man whom Maha had looked at before blacking out suddenly shouted, all attention was drawn to him everyone wanting to see who the murderer is but everyone was shocked when they saw him pointing at the unconscious Maha who was being cradled by Ayman.
"Aleem, what are you saying?" Aminu calmly asked.
"She killed her own brother!" The man named Aleem shrieked, Aminu looked around and he then looked at Aleem again.
"Let's talk in private." Aminu said and he and Aleem left the crowdy place.
"How did you let your son marry that murderer?" This were the first words that left Aleem's mouth immedately they entered a room. Aleem scoffed before he continued,
"Sufyan must have tricked your son into marrying his little princess, she murdered her brother but he hid the truth from the world and covered up for the little demoness." Aminu was getting restless about how Aleem kept talking in riddles and he knew he had to interfere.
"Can you be more clear, Aleem?"
"Maha is mentally unstable, she posed a danger to her family and what makes you think she won't try to kill Ayman also?" Aminu became silent after hearing Aleem's explanation, but if she is truly mentally unstable and she tried to kill Ayman then he would definately speak up about it. But why would Aleem lie to him? He has no reason to and how can he explain the fact that Maha fainted when she saw Aleem, that can only mean that something has indeed happened between them, but what?
"I still remember the injection they use to give her whenever she started acting mad, I used to be their family friend but we stopped the friendship after I found out Maha killed her brother. I can get you the injection if you want." Aminu was quiet for a moment pondering about his next move before he finally spoke.
"Okay." Aleem's lips curled into a devilish smile, he would finally get his revenge after six long years!
........

Meanwhile, Ayman had taken Maha to her room and laid her down on the bed, he had immediately called the family doctor and he checked on Maha. Ayman sat next to her on the bed with her head on his lap as he stroked her head, it has been 2 hours yet she still hasn't woken up. Samira had come to check on her and she asked if truly what she heard was the truth and he told her that she had killed her brother but he also didn't know why she did it. Samira believed that Aleem might be right and that she is really mentally unstable but Ayman refused to believe what Aleem had said. He believed that she isn't unstable, after all he has lived with her for the past 10 months and he has never noticed her acting like a person with mental illness.

Maha stirred in her sleep and her brows creased into a frown, she began tossing in bed with her eyes still closed and a lone tear escaped her closed eyes. Ayman had to call her name and shake her a bit roughly before she woke up. Noticing that she was lying on a man's lap, Maha screamed. Ayman reached out for her but she kept moving back on the bed, Ayman stopped knowing that if he tried to hold her again she would move back and fall from the bed.
"It's me, Ayman." Ayman said softly.
"Come here. No one can hurt you, I promise." Ayman coaxed, after much coaxing she finally gave in and she hugged him tightly as she cried, she soaked his shirt with her tears but Ayman didn't mind, all he cared about at that moment is to comfort her.
"Are you ready to tell me what happened?" Ayman said as he patted her head, Maha shaked her head indicating no and Ayman sighed before he spoke again,
"He says you are mentally unstable and my family are starting to believe that, i need to hear your story so i can know what i will say to them."

Maha was quiet for a long time even after hearing what Ayman said. Ayman had almost given up, knowing it would be hard to make her talk but she suddenly spoke,
"H-h-he is m-my u-un...cle." Even with how she kept stammering, Ayman still managed to put the pieces together and his eyes widened when he realized what she said, Ayman said nothing and he allowed her to continue speaking as he patted her head and squeezed her hands.
"He w-was my f-favourite uncle but he t-tried to r-r-ra-r--"
"It's okay calm down, take a deep breath in and out and then continue." Ayman said as his hands moved to pat her back, Maha did as he told her and she went quiet for a long time before she finally broke into tears.
"He tried to rape me!" Maha blurted out, fresh tears trickled down her eyes and her face looked red and puffy.
"He didn't succeed but i was traumatized after what happened.... Ayub.... he was coming back from india and coming to kano... h-he didn't know what happened and he... he played a prank on me by scaring me.... I thought it was my uncle and.... and.... I turned around and stabbed him with a... knife." Maha said, her cries became louder as she remembered Ayub's lifeless body. He was coughing blood when he fell on the ground holding his wounded chest, she had exerted too much force thinking it was her uncle. She still remembered how her hands had trembled when she realized what she had done, she remembered how she had sat on the floor next to him telling him she was sorry, she remembered the beautiful yet heart breaking smile he had flashed her before touching her face with his blood stained hands,
"It isn't your fault." He had murmured to her, those were his last words as he smiled at her before his hand fell limply by his side and she realized he had died, she had killed her own brother. That was the horrible past she didn't like to recall but today she was forced to even talk about it.

Ayman was stupified, he didn't know what to say and he only kept patting her back absentmindedly. He didn't think she had such a horrible past, she always wore a bright smile and he could never see the sadness laced in her beautiful eyes, what a fool he had been!
Before Ayman could talk, the door swung open and it revealed Hajiya babba, Aminu, Samira and Aleem, then an old man beside Aleem dressed in a doctors clothing.

When Aleem's eyes met Maha's he flashed her a lustful and devious smile and Maha cowered and shrieked in fear as she hid her face on Ayman's chest.

So shocked that I don't even know what to say.
Even my confusion is confused😩, who else thinks this isn't the whole truth?
Maybe I will update in the evenig around 4, so keep yours eyes and data open🤭.

Vote

                                 Comment

                                     And

                                                                 Share

   ❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.5K 643 54
๐ƒ๐„๐’๐ˆ ๐Œ๐”๐๐ƒ๐€ & ๐‡๐ˆ๐’ ๐๐„๐– ๐˜๐Ž๐‘๐Š๐„๐‘ ๐–๐ˆ๐…๐„! ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐ฃ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ง๐ž๐ฒ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐’๐‡๐„๐‡๐‘ ๐„ ๐„๐ƒ๐€๐€๐Ÿ’ž #๐Ÿ ๐๐จ๐จ๐ค ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ˆ๐ฌ๐ก๐ช ๐’๐ž...
473K 52.3K 58
Copyrightยฉ 2019. All rights reserved. Rewriting. COMPLETE AND EDITED VERSION CURRENTLY AVAILABLE ON OKADA BOOKS. ~ยฐBOOK 1 IN THE ROYAL SERIESยฐ~ My l...
33.7K 2.3K 29
๐˜ฝ๐™ฎ ๐™๐™–๐™ฉ๐™š ๐™Ž๐™š๐™ง๐™ž๐™š๐™จ ๐˜ฝ๐™ค๐™ค๐™  #02 ๐™๐™Š๐™ƒ๐˜ผ๐™‰ Smart, Rich, self obsessed and the biggest flirt . He have got the charms that can pull you tow...
6.5K 830 43
Layla Umar Faruk. A definition of beauty and brain. She gives beauty new meaning. Her beauty is ethereal, turning heads whereever she goes. Married t...