chaelaurent's book of drafts...

Od chaelaurent

For anyone who wants to read my ideas and unfinished (spontaneous) drafts, I thought it would be a cool idea... Více

The Sea Of Hope // To The Beautiful You
To All The Girls I've Loved Before
Heartbeat
Always. - Excerpt from 'The Bodyguard'
Two Weeks
Champagne Problems
Untitled
Catch Me Now
Holiday Love
Fireflies In The Dark

The Switch-Up

113 7 0
Od chaelaurent

I had this cute idea with Hank!

- Y/N and Rosie are next-door neighbours
- One day, through random events involving lightning where Y/N finds Rosie's dog Hank out in a storm, Y/N finds her world turned upside down, literally.
- "There you are Hankie!" Rosie runs to pick up Hank or Y/N and carries her back inside her house.
- Y/N realizes she has switched lives with a dog. She's a puppy with a human's brain trying to configure the world. It's not easy when she's all of a sudden living with her crush now.
- Y/N goes through many mishaps, and throughout it all, she finds herself falling deeply in love with Rosie because of how touchy and lovey she is. She has to remind herself that it's not her Rosie is talking to, it's Hank.
- The real Y/N's body is missing. Her parents are frantically worried about their missing kid. Y/N tries to get inside her house and let them somehow know that she's still alive, but Rosie grabs her and pulls her back in her own home.
- Y/N gets sad and cries, even as a puppy, and Rosie cuddles her.
- There's many hilarious mishaps Y/N goes through with Rosie. Whether it's Rosie changing clothes right in front of Y/N, going out on walks, meeting another aggressive dog, having to enjoy her dog food *blagh* ("okay... this tastes good for some reason?"), or a constant itch at the back of her ear, Y/N goes through it all and then some.
- The real Y/N has been gone for awhile now and Rosie is sad. She sits in the backyard with Hankie and talks to him.
"I miss her. I hope the police find her soon... I know we didn't talk much, but I really would have loved to. Honestly, I had a little crush on her. She can be quite intimidating, but maybe that's because I find her so pretty."
- Y/N is so surprised to hear this that she lifts her head and looks Rosie straight in the eyes, her tail wags consistently.
- "Surprised to hear that huh? You know, this probably sounds crazy but sometimes I feel like you can understand me Hank... and okay, yeah maybe it's not a little crush. It's a HUGE one. But I know my secret's safe with you. You won't tell anyone right?"
- Y/N rubs her head against Rosie's hand and she giggles, then picks up Y/N. "You promise? Do you promise?" She brings on her baby voice and then cuddles Y/N close when she barks "yes!"

- The day after that, things go awry when a boy shows up to the house. Y/N gets angry when she sees them being so close. "Who the heck is this guy?!"
And when they're having dinner, Y/N keeps trying to get Rosie's attention by being a bad dog. Rosie never yells at Hank, but this time she's been pushed far enough over the edge to get angry and scold the pup. She locks her in a small room and keeps her there for a time out. Y/N whines for awhile, she's sad but then realizes she was just being foolish. How could she ever explain to Rosie that she was trapped within her dog's body and was in love with her? Say if, by some miracle, things go back to normal... how the hell would she explain everything to Rosie?
- Y/N would be lucky if she didn't immediately get sent to a mental asylum. She's terrified because of how much her thoughts and mannerisms have been changing... "am I turning into a complete dog?" She thinks to herself. Her memories are leaving and attention-span is changing, she's thinking about eating or chasing the squirrel outside, and maybe Y/N would have thought that staying with Rosie forever could be great... no responsibility whatsoever, being taken care of and living life freely... but that's where she realizes she's wrong. Y/N won't live life freely, because she's literally losing herself in the process. Her own family is losing hope of ever finding their daughter.
- Rosie comes back to cuddle with Y/N and explains that she's "been a bad boy today. What's gotten into you, huh? Hankie, sometimes I wonder if you're even you. You've been acting different ever since that day in the storm." Rosie pauses for a second to eye Y/N. She stares for awhile until Y/N becomes uncomfortable, then finally shakes her head. "No... I must be crazy." Rosie says to herself. She lays back down and caresses Y/N.
- Y/N feels like screaming "IT'S NOT HANK — ITS ME! IM STUCK IN YOUR DOG'S BODY!" But she knows it'll all just come out as barks. She's tried countless times in the past... and nothing. Rosie has never looked outside of the ordinary for fear of going crazy.

- The next morning, Y/N realizes Rosie isn't in bed so she heads downstairs where she finds Rosie and Alice in the kitchen, speaking in a rather serious conversation. "I can't believe it..." Rosie exclaims, she has her head between her hands.
- Y/N wonders what's going on and why they won't just say it. The news television is on, regarding the case of a missing person and that's when the gears in Y/N's head begins to turn.
- "Are they sure? They haven't even found her body!"
- "Rosie, the case has been ongoing for more than a month now." Alice says.

- Y/N freaks out because she thought it had only been two weeks. How the hell did a month pass by without her noticing? How does time even work for a dog?

-"They have no absolutely no leads,' Alice continues. 'Literally nothing. The last clue she left to her whereabouts was that she was going to a friend's house. That was the same night where Hankie ran outside in the storm."

- "So that's it?' Rosie's voice shakes as she speaks. 'They're just gonna say she's dead and move on with their lives?"

- "There's nothing we can do. She's gone without a trace and... that's it, really." Alice exclaims.

Rosie stands up and slams her palms against the counter. "That's not it! It can't be!"

Alice widens her eyes. "Rosie..."

"I was there! I was out in the storm too that night looking for Hankie, and I saw her walking alone and God... I was thinking about making a move to talk to her by maybe asking if she knew where Hank was but I didn't! I was too scared to approach and I-I let her go! I should have said something. I should have done something — anything. And maybe then she'd be saved!" Tears spring in Rosie's eyes and she can't hold them back anymore. Alice jogs around the counter and brings her younger sister in for a hug, she coddles her and whispers in her ear that it's okay. "I could have saved her..." Rosie mumbles as she sobs into Alice's shoulder.

- Y/N feels sick to her stomach. Like she'll throw up. She stands there trying to understand it all. Everyone thinks she's dead. Everyone. Even her own parents. At this point, the real Y/N is gone from the world, ceasing to exist and all that's left is her dissipating memories in Hank's body. She feels nauseous and dizzy. But some kind of resolution comes over her head.

- Y/N must let her family know she's still alive, she's not sure how, but she knows that she must. The opportunity doesn't get a chance for planning when she sees Rosie's mother walking through the front door. "Now's my chance!" Y/N thinks to herself and sprints out the door, ignoring the calling voices behind her.

- Y/N sprints to her house nearby, she scratches the front door and barks, but realizes that nobody is going to answer the door. And Rosie is running after her, followed closely behind by Alice. She now plays a chase game with both sisters. Y/N sprints into the backyard hoping to find an open window to climb into but to no avail. Now she's panicking. The sky rumbles again and it begins raining.

"MOM! DAD! I'M NOT DEAD! Please believe me. I'm outside right here! I'm alive! Your daughter is alive!" Tears spring in Y/N's eyes as she sees her mother at the window, but her mother just looks confused, then anger crosses her face.

- Alice comes to pick up Y/N who struggles out of her grip but is held tightly so she's trapped. Y/N's mother comes out and she isn't happy. "Girls, this isn't the first time that dog of yours has been crossing onto my property and causing trouble. Get it trained or we will have a problem!"

- "Y-Yes, Mrs Y/L/N. We apologize... we don't know why Hank has been acting this way, but we'll make sure to set him straight— OUCH!" Alice cries in pain when Y/N bites her arm and sprints inside the house. Y/N weaves her way through, then looks up the stairs. "My room!" She barks and runs up the stairs.

"He's going upstairs!" Someone yells from below and Y/N speeds down the hallway to find her bedroom door thankfully left ajar. She runs inside and jumps on the bed, then noses her way under the sheets and shuts the world out.

- "This is all a dream... this is all a dream... I'm alive and human... I'm Y/N and this is all just a dream—"

"Hankie?" A soft voice calls. Y/N opens her eyes to see Rosie lifting the blanket and gazing under. "You're here..." she quietly says and widens her eyes. For a moment, Y/N thinks she's herself again. She says Rosie's name but it comes out as a bark and that's when Y/N's mother enters the room.

"Get him out!" She yells. "That's my daughter's bed! Get out - get out - get out!"

"I'm sorry!" Rosie exclaims and pulls Y/N out of the bed. She looks around the room, tears begin pooling her eyes again. "He just randomly came in here. I'm sorry—"

"You're lucky I'm not calling the police right now — take your stupid dog and get out before I change my mind!"

Alice appears in the doorway. "Rosie? Do you have Hank?"

"Y-yes..."

"Come on, let's get out of here. We've already done enough damage as it is. Mrs Y/L/N, I apologize deeply. We don't understand why our dog has been acting weirdly this way but it's been happening for awhile. Please understand."

Y/N's mother crosses her arms, and with a harsh tone, says, "just get him and yourselves out of my sight. And don't ever come back."

Rosie walks out of the room with a defeated Y/N in her arms. She cries as she follows Alice out the door and Y/N begins crying too. "This is it..." she thinks to herself. "My mother will never see me again, neither as a human being or even a dog. Y/N is gone forever."

On the way home, the storm picks up heavier than ever and in the distance, lightning strikes. Roseanne has a crazy idea. She places Y/N in the basket and bikes all the way to where she initially found her. In the middle of the soccer field by the bleachers near her school.
"Ahh... this is crazy!" Roseanne yells, but all the signs kept pointing to one conclusion, and she just needs to confirm she isn't insane. Meanwhile Y/N has no idea what the heck is going on.

Rosie parks her bike by the bleachers and brings out Y/N. Y/N stands confused.

"Well don't just stand there, give me a sign if that's really you Y/N!"

"It is me! Rosie, it's me, Y/N!" Y/N yells but it only comes out as barks. Y/N wags her tail and runs around in circles but nothing happens. Rosie is losing hope.

"God..." she looks up at the sky. "Please show me something. Tell me I'm not going crazy to think Y/N could still be here."

Rosie waits further but, still, nothing happens. Lightning strikes in the distance and Y/N turns... one last idea on her mind. The night she turned into Hank, there was lightning involved in the incident. What're the chances of getting hit by lightning twice? Probably the same as turning into someone's dog. She turns and runs out onto the field, hoping to cross onto the open area ahead and maybe get hit by something. But she doesn't quite make it across because the lightning has already found her in the middle of the field. The hair on Y/N's body rises on end and suddenly everything is blindingly white.

"Am I dead? Am I in heaven?" Y/N thinks to herself, but then she turns her head to see a scoreboard. "Wait... they don't have twenty foot tall giant scoreboards in heaven." Y/N is beginning to think that maybe they do, maybe the angels like to play football or something around here but then Roseanne's concerned face hovers above and so does the feeling of the rain.

"Y/N?" Rosie calls.

"Rosie..." you say, and she widens her eyes.

"Oh my god. You're alive!"

***

Y/N didn't stay alive for very long, because when she realized she could speak and had a human hand — she stood up, but then passed out right then and there on the field. Prompting a terrified Rosie to call her parents and take her home. When Y/N wakes again, she find herself in her own room... everything seems relatively normal again if not for the blonde girl laying on a bean-bag chair in the corner. Rosie stirs once she realizes Y/N is awake and comes to her side at once.

Y/N raises a hand, but then she realizes she actually has a hand. A human hand!

"My hand! I'm human — I'm me again! Wait,' you grab Rosie's arm who is holding the real Hank. 'Can you understand me? Am I speaking English?"

"Y-Yes!" She manages to get out. Y/N breathes a sigh of relief and begins touching herself all over.

"Hair, face, ears, chest, arms, feet, legs..." Y/N checks everywhere until she reaches a certain area. With burnt up cheeks, Y/N places a hand on her crotch and feels around.

"I'm a female human again!" She yells and cheers. Rosie is still in shock as she watches the scene. "Thank you so much, Rosie. You brought me back!"

***

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

98.3K 4.8K 35
**SEQUAL TO LIMITED TIME** Three years after the North American leg of the Born Pink tour, y/n gets an opportunity to go on a tour with a solo artist...
226K 4.1K 36
Hello, my loves! 🌹 The girls are waiting... 👀 ☆▪︎☆▪︎☆▪︎☆ 🌅 Cover By: @HONEYFLOWERbp Started: Feb 09, 2021 Completed: Mar 31, 2023 (I might post mo...
48K 1.3K 27
There is a boy who is anti-romantic (by force) married to a girl.... What is the future of this relation?... Will they get divorced in future or they...
493K 7.3K 37
Just read it! I'm not good in writing description. This would be my first story, please support! I will try to write this story in full english hahaha