π™»πš˜πšŸπš’πš—πš πšƒπš‘πšŽ π™Ύπš‹πšœπšŽοΏ½...

By ShanayJones629

Cold air bite into my lungs, my breathing came in short gasps as my shoes pounded heavily into the drenched s... More

π•€π•žπ•‘π• π•£π•₯π•’π•Ÿπ•₯ ℕ𝕠π•₯𝕖
Playlist
❣︎ 2
❣︎ 3
❣︎ 4
❣︎ 5
❣︎ 6
❣︎ 7
❣︎ 8
❣︎ 9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23

❣︎ 1

6.5K 380 424
By ShanayJones629

𝙼𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚐𝚘 𝙱𝚊𝚢, 𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚖 𝙷𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚜📍
𝟶𝟹/𝟷𝟻

𝙿𝙰𝙸𝙶𝙴

Welcome to Jamaica, a Caribbean island, that has a lush topography of mountains, rainforests and reef-lined beaches. The birthplace of reggae.

And welcome to Montego Bay, the capital of Saint James Parish on Jamaica's north coast.

A town that's filled with love, lust, desire, hate and Meechs.

The rich will remain rich and the poor with remain poor unless they're smart enough to earn something without losing everything.

As for me I'm in the poor section.

Living in the ghetto but trying to get out but on the other hand. How would I take care of myself and my child if I can't even do it in here.

One day I shall make it out for Aiden and I.

Believeeeee

"Paigeee?"

My name was being dragged out my big sister who was sitting next to me.

"Hmm," I hummed in response as I turned to look at her.

"You a listen to me?" she asked.

"Yeah sure," I said while nodding my head.

She gave me an unconvinced look and I tried harder.

"Mi hear every word Paris," I assured her but she folded her arms and made a face.

"Alright, tell mi wah mi just say?"

Gotta bitch

"Um...."

She let's out a sigh and I ran my fingers through my messy hair.

Mi hair wah do but mi no have no time and money fih do dhat

"I'm sorry, I wasn't listening," I admitted shamelessly.

"Wah deh pan your mind?" she asked while placing her phone down.

Her full attention on me.

"Mi pitney," 

My son

I maybe poor but Aiden was more than okay living with me.

Him neva go sleep hungry and if mi fih have wah box food mi rather make him sidung and eat it off and mi wid bare the hunger.

"Uh want we call him?" Paris suggested.

"Ano like Aaron ago mek mi talk to him," I said and she sighs.

I'm so glad I got away from that man but losing custody of my child made me want to go back for my son.

But, if I choose to go back to him, I might die this time.

That man is an abusive asshole who's a nasty narcissist.

"Mi hate him,"

"Same," I agreed.

Why was I even with him? Right, the money, because my mother knew he had money at the time and since we are poor she wanted me to date him.

Plus he was super nice and caring at the beginning. Note at the beginning.

But now I can see his true colors.

"Paris!" Mommy yelled from the back door of our run down board house.

"Yes mommy!" Paris yelled back while scrunching up her face.

She got up and walk towards the door when mommy didn't respond.

Why parents do dhat?

After carefully passing the holes and rotten boards in the floor she made her way through the backdoor.

I missed Aiden.

I picked up my cracked up blu phone and unlocked it. I dialed Aaron's number with my fingers crossed.

Aiden's school wasn't in session today because the school was low on water.

When it went to voicemail, I tried again.

I just want to say hi to my son.

I haven't talked to him in a week and it was driving me insane.

The phone answered and Aaron spoke first.

"Wah di fuck uh a ring off mi bird fah Paige?" he asked and I could hear our son talking in the background.

"Mi can talk to Aiden please—"

"Him a sleep," he said

"Aaron please, mi can hear him voice—"

The called ended and I moved the phone from my ear. A tear ran down my cheek and I covered my face.

Mi hate Aaron

"So Paige uh no have work? Sidung in deh a do foolishness, uh might ano lose uh frigging job," Mom's loud and vulgar voice pierce through my ears and I hissed.

I hated my job

I worked as a bartender and half of the time I'm mistaken for a sex worker because of our uniform.

Aaron hated my job but yet he made me work there so I could bring food to the table but now him a chop and have money so him push mi aside.

I wanted to quit my job after our breakup but it's not like I could do better.

I was twenty years old with no cxc subjects, no other job experience, no education.

Trust mi it wasn't by choice.

I stopped going to school when I was fifteen and I got pregnant when I was seventeen.

"A ready mi ago ready mommy," I said

I peeled my body off the old worn out bed and stood to my feet.

I walked towards my clothes basket and grabbed my towel and undergarments for my shower.

I went outside and walked towards the outside bathroom. The four corners of zinc walls could hardly stop anyone outside from seeing you nude because of the holes in the zincs.

I hooked my towel and undergarments on top of the zinc and picked up the water bucket.

I exited bathroom and walked towards the single barrel that was filled with water.

Thank fully the rain came down hard yesterday so we were able to source water easily by setting a zinc in the barrel.

Glad mi no affi go a river today.

After my shower, I got dressed in a washed out jeans pants and shirt that had a few holes in the bottom of the hem.

Mi no know if a rat bite it up or wah.

I tied the end of the shirt before pulling on my 'everywhere I'm going' slippers.

They'll never know my shirt have holes

I grabbed my bag and headed off. I held my head low as I made my way through the community.

Mi no wah see wah mi nuh fih see and dem kill mi rass

Yes, I live in a very hostile community.

Minutes later I was now approaching the community's popular chill out spot, Ari's restaurant and bar.

Every meech and gunman who lives in the community are always on the front, drinking and smoking marijuana.

Sometime mi feel like dem sniff coke.

With my head still low, I crossed the road so their chill spot was on the other side.

"Sexy gyal Paige," someone called to me and I looked up to see Trey.

The Don fih Flanker.

Eh way how mi friad a dem man yah mi affi look caz mi no wah dem think mi a try style dem or sumo when mi ignore dem.

Dem trigger happy and mi life might not happy but mi have mi son a live fah.

He was dressed in black ripped jeans shorts. White marina and white polo slippers with his foot back hanging off.

Him cah wear him size?

I waved at the man with a small smile as I continued walking.

Please no say nuhn else to me—

"Paige wait nuh muma. Uh a move so fast?"

Aaron was a lesson but unlike Aaron, Trey no hide him dutty colours.

Him beat woman from left to right and di gyal dem still a mad over him.

I will not be one of those girls

"Mi late fih work Trey sorry mi cah stop," I lied while looking back him.

He was digging out his palm as a spliff hang from his lip.

Ewww

"Alright thickaz angle uh bangle," he said and I nod.

Thank god

After another five minutes walk. I finally arrived at the bus stop. I had to wipe the beads of sweat from my forehead.

Sun hawt uh frig

I didn't see Paris when I was leaving so I pulled out my phone and call her.

Paris has her own one bedroom house near mommy's house. Her house was similar to mom's, it consists of a kitchen and a bedroom and a small living space.

In my mother's house she had cut the bedroom into two by hanging curtains in the middle of the room. I had my section and she had hers.

But when she has one of her boyfriends over, I'll sleep at Paris's house.

Paris answered the phone on the second ring and I took a seat under the bus shed.

"Friend, mi gone a work lef uh," I said.

"Mi suh go ready and lef out tuh," she informed.

"Okay, a way uh did deh when mi a lef?"

"Ova Tasha yaad. Mi mek she catch up mi hair caz uh did a bade,"

Paris had curly long black hair and she resembles her aunt that's an Indian.

Paris and I are half sister's, neither of us knew our fathers. Her dad died when she was one and mine just never showed his face.

"Oh okay,"

"You have one minute remaining on this call....."

"Mi credit a dun, later,"

"Alright," she said and I hung up.

I placed my phone inside my bag and I started penciling out my paycheck.

As I said before today was Friday, and even though I haven't received my pay check, it already done.

My pay equals fifteen thousand dollars

Food for my son= eight thousand dollars.

Things dare.

My fare for the week= five thousand dollars

Two thousand dollars remaining is to help buy food for the house. Mommy farms so we're covered when it comes to ground provision.

Thank God mi no owe nobody money dis week.

Sigh

✎✎✎✎✎

My shifted ended at 12:00 but I had to be there until 3:45 a.m.

I left work with a back and neck pain. My feet were a bit swollen and I had a headache. It took an hour to get a taxi.

When I got home the sun was rising so I just collected all my clothes from the laundry bin. I placed my bag down and went outside.

I placed the clothes pan down and went over to my sister's house.

My sister wakes up very early in the morning so I wasn't worried that I would wake her

"Paris?"

"Yes," she answered after the first call.

Her room room door opens and she greeted me with a smile.

"Mi ago a river go wash—"

"Wait pan mi, mek mi go fimi clothes," she said before entering the house.

I took my slippers off and entered the room.

She lives alone by the way

Ina yah ever neat and clean.

"Uh just reach home?"

"Yeah," I answered while rubbing my eyes.

Them a burn mi yf

Gyal wah sleep

"How cum?"

"After di people dem no wah go a dem yaad," I hissed.

"Uh shud'n run dem out," she said and I smiled.

I wish

"And mek mi big belly Max fire me," I said and she chuckled lightly.

"Girl mi a try talk to mi boss fih mek uh cum work wid me but di woman just a go round eh thing," she said

She works at a restaurant inside a calling center. She's a server.

"It's okay," I said and she came into the room.

One day sumo better must cum

"We suh mek it out,"

"Believe," I said and she smiled.

"Believe," she repeats.

"Oh and mi get wah US as tip from wah white man but mi no know how much it worth caz mi no too follow dem up," I said and she nod.

"Mek mi seet,"

"It ina mi bag, when we cum back up," I said and she nod.

"Alright cum on before the sun get hawt, caz no shady no dun a river again," she said and I got up.

✎✎✎✎✎

𝟿:𝟸𝟾 𝚊.𝚖.

I had a bath and now I was getting dressed to go grocery shopping for my son.

I'll buy his groceries for the week and Aaron will take care of other things like if he has a school trip we'll split the money and pay for it together.

Point blank he does nothing for our son.

I don't have a problem with buying Aiden's groceries but the extra help from his father would be nice.

Things are very expensive.

Him only choppa client and spend pan himself and him gyal dem.

"Paris you ready!?"

"Yeah," she said while walking out of mommy's room.

Paris and I were going into the town together

"Di oman wah see uh ina har blouse," I said and she hissed before smiling.

"Ano mi tell har fih wear the same size as mi," she said while going through her purse.

"See four grand yah fih Aiden," she said while handing me money.

"Paris—"

"No badda try tell me nuhn. A mi nephew and mi suppose to can give uh a money fih him," she said and I took the money.

"Thanks," I said and she nod.

"Mi ago wipe off mi slippers and cum back," she said and my phone started ringing.

Aaron

"Hello," I said after answering the phone.

"Mommy!"

Oh it's my baby

"Hey baby," I said, a smile now on my face.

"Hi,"

"How are you?" I asked.

"Good," he said and I smiled.

"I want to come with you today,"

"I would love that but your Dad—"

"Mi cum drop him off a uh yaad," I heard Aaron say.

"Okay," I said while doing a happy dance in my head.

Thank God

Mi miss mi pitney eno

"Mi want him spend di night," I said

Mind di dutty bwoi no bada sen him Paige

"Bredda, mi pitney nah sleep desso mek people chat mi," he said

"Aaron—"

"Gyal cum offa mi phone yah man," he said before cutting the call.

Johncrow

I had to wait thirty-five minute until I heard the horn of Aaron's Mark X.

I made our way outside and Aaron was standing next to the car while talking to Aiden.

"Mek uh mada carry uh go a barber tuh," I heard Aaron say as he hands Aiden his tablet.

"Seriously Aaron look how long Aiden fih trim," I said and he ignored me.

"Lata mi boss," Aaron said to Aiden and Aiden ran towards us.

Look pan mi pitney head bredda

"A suh uh have mi pitney ago a school wid him head—"

"Lock chat nuh and no mek mi and uh mouth meet Paige," he said harshly.

Just for my son's sake I closed my mouth.

Aiden ran towards me and I stooped down and hugged him tightly.

My heart now felt warm

My only joy

"I missed you mommy," he said and my heart smiled.

"I missed you too baby," I said before kissing his cheek.

Aaron got into his car and drove off.

Hate him yf

•••

"Which one you want papa?" I asked as we stood next to the cereal section.

Mi know him tired a di cornflakes

"That one," Aiden said while pointing at the trix box.

"Wah it name? Try pronounce it," I said and he looked at the words.

"Trix," he said while making a face.

"Good boy," I said and he smiled.

I took the box down and placed it in the trolley.

"Mommy I don't like those anymore," he said when I was about to pick up the cool kids box drinks.

"Okay that's fine," I said before scanning the prices for the other box drinks.

"Look gyal, by six and uh wid get six," Paris said while pointing at the capri suns.

"You want that papa?" I asked

"Yes," he said and I picked up twelve.

"Alright mi ago fih wah box milk round desso and den we go cash,"

"Alright meet we ina the line," Paris said and Aiden took my hand instead.

"So you cah cum wid aunty?" Paris asked

"My mommy," he said with a smile.

"Alright uh gwaan," she said

Paris smiled and walked off while pushing the trolley.

We went around to aisle six and walked towards the box milks.

Rawtid a one lef

Just as I was about to reach for the box a hand reached out and grabbed it.

"Hey," I said while turning around.

Wow

Him cute but why him affi screw up him face suh. Kinda look scary.

Maybe him kill people.

Man look sinful and dawk yf fuck

"Hey," he said before walking away.

Um no...

"No I didn't mean hey, I meant hey as in that's mine," I said

"Hey, means only one thing little stranger and mi no see uh name pan it," he said before going around the corner.

Asshole

"Dumb—"

Ass

"Truck," I cut into my own sentence before looking at Aiden.

"Buy lasco then mommy," he said.

Lasco a fih twelve hundred and the milk a fih six hundred.

Well mi affi try buy it

"Let's go," I said before taking his hand.

We went to the front and I picked up a big lasco. I'll just cash it last.

I just hope Alex doesn't mix it sweet because the ceral is already sweet.

I went up to Paris and hand her the lasco.

"No milk uh say uh ago pick up?" Paris asked

"Yes but wah Goblin tek the last one," I said before hearing someone clear their throat behind us.

Go clear uh throat somewhere else nuh

Chro

"Lawd gad," she said with a laugh.

I hissed and fold my arms.

"Mi bex eno caz the cereal plus di lasco ago too sweet fih Aiden and him pa wid mix it sweet caz him no too.. uh know—"

Sensible

"And eh reason why mi no get the cornflakes instead a di sweet one a because him tiad a it," I said as Aiden looked around since he was in his own little world.

Paige ano one milk deh eno

Mi no wah him a consume tuh much sweets

No want him teeth rotten or nuhn

"Mi understand," she said and I sighed.

"Oh. Mi no buy bleach fih mommy," Paris said

"Gwaan go buy it," I said and she nod before hurrying out of the supermarket.

"Thank you Mr Goblin," I heard Aiden said and I looked down at him.

He was now holding a box milk. I turned around looked up and I saw the man from before.

His dark eyes were focused on my face as he gave me an ugly glare.

Lawd Gad

Uh mouth Paige

He looked down at Aiden and his face expressions changed. I took the time to roam my eyes over him properly.

His was wearing black full body suit with a royal blue tie. His shoes design screamed money as the gold lines complimented the royal blue dress shoes.

His gold watch was filled with diamonds that almost hurt my eyes.

Damn

Di man meech out ina way

He had facial hairs, a beard but it was neatly trimmed and groomed. His lips were pink and look moist and soft. His brows were neatly grown and his eye lashes were long and beautiful.

Him oman must grudge him.

My eyes went to his neck tattoos and before they went to his eyes.

Him smell good too eno

Rass him a look pan me. I cleared my throat and looked at Aiden.

"Um, baby I'm sure that's not his name—"

"Your welcome," he said and Aiden nod with a smile.

He reaches his hand out and Aiden bumps his fist.

Um

Normally Aiden doesn't speak to strangers.

Aiden gave me the milk and I placed it in the trolley. I looked at him again and he licked his lips.

At least apologize nuh Paige

"I'm sorry—"

"A your turn and uh can keep dhat," he said before looking down at his phone.

Shame

I looked ahead of me and I pushed the trolley up to the cashier.

It was our turn indeed

Bwoi deh Cashier yah look like har man a give har bun or problem.

"Sorry about that," I said and she didn't respond as I removed the things from my trolley.

She hissed as she cashed my things.

Why people go a work wid dem problem?

"No mek it pass ten grand please,"

Things raise every day so every week mi affi put back sumo mi always buy.

The struggle of being poor

"Twelve thousand, nine hundred and ten dolla," the cashier said.

"What?"

"Lady uh deaf?" she asked while chewing her gum aggressively.

"You neva hear when mi say no mek it pass ten grand?" I asked lowly.

"Mi nah get pay fih dhat, mi get pay fih cash so if uh know you cah pay for it why you pick it up," she said loudly.

"Mommy mi can get dis?" Aiden asked while pointing at the chocolate bar.

"No baby, next time okay," I said before looking at the cashier.

"Okay can you take off the box milk and the—"

"Lady adda people ina di line and now uh ago—"

"Wah eh ___, uh a gwaan so fah? She ask fih tek it off, just tek it. Wah eh wul a dis fah Gabby?" The Goblin from behind me spoke and I turned to look at him.

Um..

"Uh memba mi name?" the cashier asked

Ohhh

"Cash eh woman things mi have thing fih go do," he ordered and she nod.

Not to be inquisitive but why is a man like him shopping in a run down supermarket like this.

He wants to keep a low profile maybe

After putting back the box milk and a few other snacks. I gave her the money and walked out with the bags in my hands.

"She's a Goblin," Aiden said and I smiled.

"I agree but maybe we shouldn't call people that," I said and he nod.

"Can I help you mommy?" he asked and I placed the bags down because I was struggling.

"No, mommy doesn't need any help okay baby," I said

"Okay,"

"Mek we just wait pan aunty yah so," I said

Paris can help with the bags

Our bus stand was a couple blocks to the left on the other side of the road.

"Are you sad that I didn't get most of things you wanted," I asked as he stared out on the busy street.

"No because I understand that your poor," he said.

Oh

Trust me, your kid will humble you quicker than flash himself.

"ouch," I mouthed without him seeing

"It's okay because I didn't want it anymore," he said and I sighed.

I stooped down and hugged him.

One day

"Yow likkle man?"

A familiar baritone voice came from behind us and we turned around.

Mr Goblin was walking towards us with a brown shopping bag. His eyes focused on Aiden as he did so.

"Mr Goblin—"

"Aiden baby no," I said and he smiled at Aiden.

He smiles

He stooped down infront of Aiden and gave the bag he was holding to my son.

"Excuse me uh can't—"

"My name is Reign. What's your name?" he asked while ignoring me.

Reign? What like the Rain?

No stupid

"My name is Aiden and this is my mom," Aiden said while pointing at me.

Reign looked at me before looking at Aiden.

Him definitely no like mi

Catch eh yiy him just give mi

"Yah how much Aiden?"

"Four and a half," he answered and Reign smiled.

"Ehhh,"

"Yeah,"

"Uh remind mi a mi self when mi did younga," Reign revealed

"Really?" Aiden ask and he nod.

"You ago look ina bag?"

"Can I?" Aiden asked while turning to look at me.

Uh already tek di bag Aiden so..

I gave him a nod Aiden peeps into the bag.

"Di chocolate you did want, the box milk and the snacks uh neva badda buy and di ceral," he said and Aiden looks at him.

"Dhat good or mommy go have a problem?"

Aiden looks at up me and I wanted to decline. I stood tall as I felt Reign's piercing cold eyes on me.

We don't know this man and I hated feeling pity from someone who doesn't even know mi—

Ina dem yah time yah nobody no too kind

"Um, n—okay but say thank you to Mr Reign for his kindness," I said as he looked at Reign who was still staring at me.

Something in his eyes felt hypnotizing

"Thank you Mr Reign for your kindness," Aiden said and we looked at him.

"Just call me Reign," he said

"Mommy says that is disrespectful,"

"But I'm giving you permission,"

"No thank you," he said and Reign smiled.

"Alright Aiden," he said before putting up his fist.

"Okay sir,"

Aiden bumps his fist and Reign got up and was about to walk away.

"Mr Reign?"

Reign turns around and looked at Aiden.

"Can you help my mommy with her bags?"

Bwoi noooo

Reign looked at me before walking back towards us.

"Where to?" he asked.

"No I can—"

"Where?"

"Um—across the road,"

He walked towards me until he was very close. His strong masculine cologne filled my nose and I craved the scents.

It's giving rich

Him smell nice you fuck

"Thanks," he said and I raised a brow.

"Huh?"

"What else do you want think and mistakenly say out loud," he said and my brows narrowed.

He smiles and licked his lips before taking up all four bags.

"You don't have to take all of them—"

"Let's go," he said before walking off.

He stopped and looked back at us. I took Aiden's hand and walked towards him.

The street was busy but multiple car slowed down to let us pass.

That happened quicker that I thought.

He stepped aside and gave us the chance to go before him. Once we were across he looked at me.

"Bus stand?" he asked while looking at me.

"Here is fine," I said and he looked at Aiden.

"Down there," Aiden said while pointing.

Likkle bwoi wapm tuh mouth

He walked off and we followed behind me. I looked at Aiden and he smiled.

"Here," I said when he almost walked pass the park.

There was two bus stand on this side of the street.

Once we got to the stand he placed my bag down and Paris walked up to us.

Aiden ran towards her and I turned around to look at Reign.

He was already staring at me

"Is this the part where you ask me for my number and demand me to pay you back sexually?" I asked.

I was used to bad treatment from men and wrong intentions.

"No, this is the part where you say thanks and I say your welcome little stranger," he said and I raised a brow.

That's different

"My name is—"

"I'm not interested in your name," he said and embarrassment washes over me immediately.

I looked away from his taunting dark eyes and he spoke again.

"Goodbye little stranger," he said before walking away.

"Wait at least let me say thank you," I said and he stopped walking.

He turns his head to the side and spoke.

"You're welcome," he said before walking away.

Little stranger?

What are you big stranger?

𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

365K 7.8K 37
I kept running and running, my heart beating fast, my legs burning from all the cuts and bruises, my breathing becoming harder with each passing seco...
50.3K 977 45
College? No, this was paradise. Three years filled with partying, not so secret underground drug-deals, and hot-headed men sliding into beds like sn...
8.3M 197K 101
"WHY CAN'T YOU GET IT INSIDE YOUR HEAD?" He trapped my trembling body between his arms and slammed his fist into the wall. I flinch at the sound as I...
1.1M 26.7K 48
A Dark and ruthless love story. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - He looks deeply in my eyes and brushes h...