Saving the Beta's Daughter (C...

By Mys_AJ

Piper was the Beta's daughter. She was gracious and well-behaved. Her pack loved her, until it started. In he... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8.1
Chapter 8.2
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14.1
Chapter 14.2
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19.1
Chapter 19.2
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Epilogue
Sequel

Chapter 4

48.2K 1.8K 220
By Mys_AJ

Piper

Everyone was silent after I repeated the rules that my father gave me. "Hey!" a female voice shouted from afar. Moments later, Zeke ran up to me. I instantly blocked him from Mason's view.

Zeke tugged on my hand. "Piper? What's wrong?" he asked quietly.

I pushed away my tears and sighed. Kneeling down to Zeke's height, I spoke softly. "I broke the rules again. Go, Zeke. You can't be here" He should've stayed away.

His bottom lip quivered as he looked up at me with tear-filled eyes. "B-but when I leave, you g-get hurt" he whispered.

"You two will not get hurt here" Brenda told us. "Zeke, please go back to Julia. We just need to talk to Piper. I promise she will not get hurt"

Zeke reluctantly nodded and made his way out the room. "Thank you" I whispered. "He doesn't need to see any of this"

"Piper" Mandy said softly. "You're safe here. No one will hurt you"

I quickly shook my head. It's a test. They're testing me. "I broke th-"

"You didn't do anything wrong" Mason said as he cautiously approached me. "You won't get punished" he assured me.

My heart was beating wildly in my chest as Toby approached me. The man towered over me. He lifted my chin up, making me look at him. His eyes rolled in the back of his head, before I felt mine flutter shut.

One of my worst beatings replayed in my mind.

* FLASHBACK *

"I don't want to mate with him!" I shouted, I regretted it the moment the words left my mouth. My father stalked towards me and grabbed a handful of my hair. He flung me across the room, making me hit the shelf. It broke on contact. The pictures frames on the shelf broke and pierced my skin.

He roughly grabbed my wrist, no doubt making a bruise. I was pulled off the broken glass and wood, and he shoved me against the wall. "He is the Alpha's son. It is an honor to be mated with him!" Father roared.

Tears streamed down my face. "But he's not my mate" I whispered.

Father slapped me with the back of his hand, the power from his hit sent me flying a few feet away on the floor. "Does it look like I give a shit?! You have no say in this! The Alpha wants you and his son to mate, so that is what will happen! Do you understand?!" he shouted.

I silently nodded my head. Father pulled my back up by my hair. "I asked you a question!" he growled. 

 "Yes, Beta" I said. He released his grip on my hair and looked at me expectantly. "I didn't mean it. Please forgive me for my harsh words. I accept whatever punishment you seek necessary" I said quickly. Just like normal, I closed my eyes as he roughly dragged me through the house.

I was pulled into his 'toy room.' It was behind a hidden door, under the staircase. The small room was filled with weapons. Whips and belts hung on the walls, along with various sharp knives and silver products. In the center of the room was a metal table with chains on each corner to restrain me. I shrieked as he shoved me onto the table.

He chained me up and mockingly walked around the room. "Which one shall I use today?" he wondered. I prayed that he didn't use his new 'toy.' A few days ago, he came home with a metal bar. The bar was made with silver and was laced with wolfsbane. That night, he permanently carved the letter 'B' into my skin. B for Beta.

I jumped as he brought the whip down to the floor, the crack echoing through the small room. He darkly chuckled at my reaction before repeatedly lashing me with the leather weapon.

* END OF FLASHBACK *

I opened my eyes and Toby's hand was on my head. His eyes flew open as he stared at me. I looked down at the ground, feeling uncomfortable under his gaze. I felt everyone's eyes on us, and I involuntarily shuddered. "Dad?" Mason asked. "What did you see?"

Instead of answering his son, Toby asked me a question. "How old are you?"

"Thirteen" I whispered. Toby growled, making me flinch back. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to anger you" I apologized quickly.

Toby took a few deep breaths to calm himself. "Was that recent?" he asked. I cocked my head in confusion. "The vision. I saw it too" he explained.

He saw that? I slowly nodded my head. "A few weeks before I left" That's why I had to leave. Alpha Terence was only waiting for me to turn 14, which is in a few days. He wanted his son and I to mate before I turned 16, so there was no way for me to find my mate. I would be married and mated before then.

Toby closed the space between us and wrapped his arms around me. My face was pressed against his chest as I was forced to inhale his scent. "You're safe now. We'll take care of you here" he mumbled into my hair. He soothingly rubbed my back, just like Father used to do. I started quietly crying, my tears soaked Toby's shirt. I fought to hold in my sobs. "Don't keep it inside. Just let it out" Toby directed. So I did. For the first time in months, I let it all out.

I sobbed into the man's chest and he held me as I cried. "Everything will be okay, now. I promise" Toby said while stroking my head.

"Dad. What's going on?" Mason asked from behind me.

Toby paid no mind to his son as he continued to comfort me. Sobs violently shook my entire body. Toby never once loosened his hold on me. After a few minutes, I ran out of tears. My breathing still came out in pants and hiccups; but other than that, I was calm. "You're safe now" Toby repeated.

I nodded into his chest and he slowly released me. He wiped my tears away with his rough thumbs and gently kissed my forehead. The small gesture made me remember what my father used to be like before everything. When he was actually a father. I got on my tippy-toes and wrapped my arms around his neck.

The gesture was still a bit awkward for me, but for the first time in months I actually felt peaceful. "Thank you" I whispered.

Toby shook his head. "Don't thank me" he said while brushing my hair off of my sticky face. "From now on, you're family" he told me.

"Can someone please tell me what's going on?" Mason asked exasperated. Brenda marched up to him and smacked the back of his head. "Ouch! Grams!" he shouted.

She narrowed her eyes at him. "Let them be. Can't you tell they're having a moment!" she scolded her grandson. Mason pouted as he and Liam were shooed out of the room by Mandy and Brenda.

I looked up at Toby who was staring down at me. "How'd you see my flashback?" I asked quietly.

"Its my gift. I can touch someone and relive their memories with them" he explained. I simply nodded my head and fiddled with my fingers. I avoided eye contact with him. "Are you alright?" he asked softly.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. "You're the first person to actually see what happened to me" I whispered. People have heard the yelling. They heard the crashes and bangs from me being pushed. Alpha Terence and my father even bragged about it.

When people asked how I became so well-behaved and respectful, they actually told the truth. They beat the information into me. Every single time that I made an error, they would give me punishment to ensure that I never make the same mistake twice.

"Do you mind if I ask you a few questions?" he inquired. "You don't have to talk about it if it makes you uncomfortable" he added quickly.

I slowly nodded my head. "But uh... Can we eat first?" I asked sheepishly. Toby smiled and nodded. He led me into the kitchen were little arms immediately made their way around my waist. "Hey, Bubba" I said to Zeke. He sniffled with his face pressed against my jeans. I picked him up off the ground and he buried his face into my shoulder.

"I don't want you to get hurt no more" he mumbled in my hair. I held back my own tears. Whenever Zeke knew that I got hurt, he would cry. He would be so scared for my safety.

I felt his tears wetting my shirt and I rubbed circles on his back to calm him. He tightly wrapped his arms around my neck and clung onto me as he cried. "I'm okay, baby. Stop crying. I'm fine" I whispered softly in his ear.

I felt him nod in my shoulder before he pulled away. I held him with one arm and wiped away his tears. I gave him a small smile and kissed his forehead. "Let's eat, okay?" I said.

"Okay" he agreed quietly. I looked up and saw everyone staring at us again. I slowly took a seat between Brenda and Toby. I sat Zeke on my lap and he started playing with my fingers.

Two sandwiches were placed in front of me. I handed one to Zeke and he happily took a huge bite. I was well-aware of everyone still looking at me as I started eating my sandwich. Zeke fell asleep. He can sleep forever. I'm amazed at how much he sleeps.

"Who's she?" a voice asked. I looked up and saw a familiar girl. It was one of the twins.

I smiled at her. "I'm Piper" I informed her. I actually looked around and saw that there was another table with more people, most likely the rest of the pack.

"Rogue" I heard someone mumble. I turned to the sound of the voice and saw the other twin. He was glaring at me and looked ready to pounce if I made a wrong move.

"Sam!" a man with blue eyes and dark hair said. I suddenly forgot most of their names. I think he's Sam's father; and Sam is the male twin. I think his name is Roger or Robert? Something that starts with an 'R'. "She's not a threat. Look at her! She's younger than you!" he scolded Sam.

Sam frowned and hung his head in shame. "I'm sorry, Piper" he said softly.

I nodded. "It's alright. You just want to protect your pack" I said understanding. I took another bite of my sandwich.

Brenda cleared her throat. All heads snapped up and looked at the human woman. "Many of you are wondering who these children are" she said motioning to Zeke and I. The pack nodded. "Yes, they are rogues; but they are not a threat" she said sternly.

The pack erupted into murmurs. When a werewolf hears the word 'rogue,' they immediately think danger. Most rogues were kicked out of their packs for wrong-doing. It is rare that a wolf voluntarily leaves their pack.

"Enough!" Toby boomed. "Piper is 13 years old. Her brother, Zeke, is 8. Now tell me, what can children that young do to be banished from their pack?" his question was met with silence. "I can say with great certainty that they ran. The reason for that may be unknown to the rest of you, but I can assure you they are not threats. If they agree, I would like for them to join our pack" he announced.

I looked up at the rest of Brenda's family. They all nodded in agreement, even Mason. "It would be an honor to join your pack" I said honestly. Even if I was only a rogue for a few days, I hated it. Having to look over your shoulder and watch you back, it wasn't the best experience.

Toby smiled at me. "We can have the ceremony tonight" he stated.

I quickly shook my head and everyone's eyes snapped to me. "Zeke and I did run from our pack" I informed them. "Which is why I do not wish to join the pack so soon. You all deserve to know what you're getting into before you accept me in your lives" I stated. I will not join this pack yet. I will not let them blindly endanger themselves. Whether I want to or not, I have to tell them.

"Are you dangerous?" someone asked. I stopped myself from rolling my eyes. Toby and Brenda already told them that I'm not a threat.

I shook my head at the crowd. "I am not dangerous. But there are dangerous people looking for me" I informed them. The pack started whispering again. "Brenda. Do you mind taking Zeke?" I asked. She quickly grabbed the boy from my arms and walked out of the kitchen.

I stood up from the chair and faced the pack. "My pack were not good people. I was the Beta's daughter, but I was not treated as such" I stated, making the pack become silent. Toby looked at me and gave me an encouraging smile.

"I was abused" my confession was followed by gasps. "My father and the Alpha hurt me when I disobeyed them. I was taught simple rules" I took a deep breath. "Do not disrespect the Alpha or Beta. Listen to the Alpha and Beta. Never go against the Alpha and Beta. Anything the Alpha or Beta say, goes" I repeated the rules.

Everyone was silent as I continued to speak. "My Alpha wanted me to mate with his son, but his son was not my mate. I refused to be with anyone other than my true mate. For that, I got punished. The Alpha and my father had a plan. When I turn 14, I would be marked by the Alpha's son. They wanted me marked before I could meet my mate. My 14th birthday is in a few days" I said quietly.

"That is why you ran" Mason said. I nodded, though it wasn't a question. "Why bring Zeke with you?" he asked.

I held back my tears. "There was no one to take care of him. My mother died of a rogue attack, last year. Since then, I raised Zeke. I was not going to leave him with my father. He is an unpredictable man" I said with a strong voice.

Liam stepped out of the crowd. "Why would this affect you joining our pack?" he inquired.

"They want me back. If Zeke and I are found with your pack, they will stop at nothing to bring me with them" I warned. "They are ruthless. They won't care who they take, hurt, or kill. I honestly believe they are worse than rogues"

"And you're only 13?" Mason asked. How many times do we have to repeat all of this? They ask if I'm a threat. They ask about my age. It's getting quite frustrating. I nod my head to answer his question. "You speak more maturely than him" he said, thrusting his thumb towards Liam. I laughed with the pack as Liam pouted.

Mason came to my side and slung his arm around my shoulder. His warm embrace made me feel protected. I felt safe here. "This doesn't change anything. I believe I speak for my whole pack, when I say that we would be glad to have you and Zeke join us" he stated. The rest of the pack nodded with huge grins on their faces.

I sighed in relief. "Thank you, so, so much"

_____________________________________________

My wifi barely works... so the updates will be extremely slow... but bear with me, please

Vote/Comment

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

337K 8.6K 24
Evil. Dangerous. Monster. Those are all words to describe Brute. No one knows his name, but everyone knows about the rogues that are attacking innoce...
4K 339 35
"Trust is something I am in no position to give, Aden." ... Charlotte Rae is strict on her virtues and science; seeing is believing. Life needs no re...
864K 18.8K 26
"Are you afraid of me?" His words came out in a whimper and I flinched away from him. He finally let his forehead rest against mine as he sighed. "Yo...
1.6M 39.8K 63
This is a story of a sixteen year old girl named Valentine Winters, she is a werewolf and an Alpha's youngest daughter. On her sixteenth birthday, sh...