A Love Like No Other (The Bad...

By OneDream1LifeOneLove

Everything between Cadence & Mykel was going ok, her bestest friend Daria just couldn't stand him. Mykel neve... More

Authors note
Character List
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
34
Epilogue

33

1.3K 91 57
By OneDream1LifeOneLove

Daria

"3 bodies of 4 recently escaped inmates.....William Cagney, Amir Wright and Craig Bridges have been found early this morning in the neighborhood of Stormy Heights. Law enforcement believes that due to the heavy illegal activity of that area....William, Craig and Amir may have encountered a transaction gone bad as they have had prior history of drug and gun charges. Mykel Brookes still remains at large and....."

They'll never find his ass.....

"Here you go honey.....just how you like it...." Grace sat a plate of a French toast sandwich in front of me.

Yum....

"Thank you....." It's the perfect salty and sweet combination, Grace makes it just right.

"Everything ok....?" She sat down next to me and looked over at Carmen and Martha still cooking breakfast. I guess it's really the fact that they have reasons to cook now, where they're handling all the responsibilities of that. No one is allowed on the stove, but them and Thanksgiving dinner was already in preparation for tomorrow.

"Yeah.....why?" I asked her, taking my knife and fork. Grace shrugged and looked at the TV, taking a sip of her customary chai tea.

Grace

"Nothin.....you're up earlier than expected. We know that no one is gonna see you til past 12....." She said wryly and I chuckled, taking a bite of my food.

"Eh.....I guess with everything that happened, it's just still bothering me...." I'm relieved that the situation that is Mykel, Eric or whateva it is.....is done with. Craig is gone, it's just.....damn! I wasn't even thinking about his ass in years and he came to do this bullshit.....? Kidnap Selena and my godson.....!?

Why.....?

He still was that angry and bitter for the shit back in highschool....?

"Do you feel some typa guilt for what happened with the kids.....?" She asked me quietly, I stopped chewing and stared at my plate hard.

I think so.....I'm pretty sure I do.....

"I mean....in a sense, I guess. Why did Craig think this was....?" I trailed off. If he was still holding some typa resentment for the shit he did, I mean why take it out on kids.....and not just me? The shit with Cadence and Mykel is a whole other situation on its own.....but what sense did it make for Craig to even do all this shit?

What was gonna be the benefit for him....?

"Nobody knows why people do the stupid shit they do.....and his stupidity cost him his life. Anyways, he's a thing of the past.....you got yourself a real one....." She nudged my arm and I nodded, cutting up another piece. Yeah.....Travis is a difference from what I expected. "How are things between you and Trav?"

"It took me a lil minute to get adjusted to this with him." I smiled, taking another bite and thinking about Travis. After the shit with Craig, I wasn't sure about the whole dynamic of a relationship anymore. The one person I thought was gonna be something serious, ended up being a piece of shit. But here's Travis and.....this is different with him.....a good different, I think.

I like it.....

"And I'm happy that you're trying, it's good to see things are going in a good direction. You know.....not cuz things are nice between me and his dad, we're honestly just friends......" She raised her brow at me.

"Ok...." I snorted and she sucked her teeth at me. It's hard to make out if they are just friends or something more, Grace and Marvin are usually laughing together like they know some big secret that we don't.

"We are.....it just feels nice to have another adult to talk with, y'all generation is on something new and I ain't got time for it. But me and Marvin understand the emotional hurts we've been through. Him losing his wife and me losing, Anthony.....it's a companionship." I can understand that,, if Grace and Travis's dad aren't a thing, it's nice to see that she got a friendship with him.

"I'm glad that you made a friend like him....." I looked at Grace with a smile.

"Eh...." She shrugged. "Good thing he's a cutie, too. That will be nice to look at sometimes....."

"Ugh.....I don't needa hear your lil wet dreams....." I chewed my food and looked at the TV.

They're still talking about this....?

"Anyways...." She chuckled. "I'm not being biased when I say that Travis gives me good vibes, better than I got with Craig." I looked at Grace.

"Why didn't you say nothing.....?" I value Grace's words and her as my mom, in my times in foster care....Grace is the only one who treated me like a daughter. My own biological mom couldn't give me the attention that Grace does and I didn't care, cuz Grace may not be my biological mom.....but she's mom nonetheless to me.

"You were over the moon about Craig, I even thought that he was real....but I still had my reservations about it. I just didn't have proof of it, until things unfortunately happened with y'all....." She said and I looked away.

That was 10 years ago.....

That stupid feeling I went through after all that came back.....I was embarrassed to go back to school, cuz I got arrested for someone who turned out to be trash. Luckily it was right after prom.....it was a couple more weeks til graduation, me and Cadence had all our credits and our grades were pretty good. So my best friend sat out the last two weeks with me and I fought hard through it, remind myself that I wasn't going back. Yeah I haven't really thought about it since then, but I did carry a small residual anger from it.....

That chapter is permanently over now......

I'm with Travis now and I like it ......

"He played all of us....." I muttered, looking at my plate again.

"Hm.....yes he did, but he's wherever he needs to be now. Don't feel bad for his dumb decisions, Cady never once blamed you for it and I know she never will. You're Eli's godmama, meaning she trusts her son with you completely.....if anything, she blames herself more. Which none of you should, that was their dumb decisions and it's done with. You didn't expect Craig to be the way he was....Cady sure didn't know that Mykel was gonna go to this extent...." She scoffed and I nodded my head. "But.....it provided someone else a closure at the same time. This man drove himself crazy looking for someone that was under his nose basically." She pointed at the doorway, I know she was talking about Ayanna's baby daddy.

This shit is just crazy as fuck, Ayanna's baby daddy lost his siblings all cuz of Mykel who actually was someone else. Cady was messing with a pure maniac, like who the hell does all this and tries to hide it!? I dunno how they figured the shit, but this.....monster killed 3 other people.....!

One of them being his own mom.....!

"I'm glad she's gonna let him be around Hayden...." I drank the rest of my juice and Grace nodded.

Ayanna was more upset cuz her son didn't have a dad who wasn't around, I get it now.....Zurich was trying to protect them more and going through his own personal loss. Cadence does mention that she felt as if Mykel wanted to really kill her the first time, there was something she never expected to see with him that day.....if Mykel actually did kill Cadence.

I dunno how I'd function......

"Hm.....I honestly was completely wrong in my opinions of that situation." She nodded to herself.

I think it proved a lot of us wrong, I'm not gon lie.....cuz I saw how much of a dick that Mykel was and the bitch Selena's other parent was....I kinda expected Ayanna's baby daddy to be the same. Even with Ayanna not really ever saying nothing bad about him, I wouldn't have expected it to play out the way it did.

Eddy and the guys came in late last night, he still wasn't up yet.....but Genysis did suggest to keep him medically sedated. So his body can really take the time to rest up from the shock of a missing lung and so much blood loss. I just came from visiting all of them, Genysis was watching over him closely and explaining things to his girlfriend who can translate to his parents. Garrett and Jonathan had nasty wounds to the gut and arm.....Titus had a severed artery in his leg.

The situation with Mykel and them were done, he had a dad who basically helped him with all of this.....but it was done. We can go back home, but it's best to wait on Eddy's condition first.....so we're all hoping for sometime after the New Year. They explained about this Danilo guy, I know what the media knows about his family.....I just know that they got a lot of money and power.

It's also being said that Danilo Pascal got a lot of quiet anger, someone killed his brother a few years ago and he's on some silent promise to find whoever it was. This is where these guys come in.....cuz they were the ones that did it!

"How.....?" I ate another piece of my sandwich.

"It could've been like any other ratchet baby daddy or the special ones like Mykel was and thank gawd it wasn't. Cuz lawd.....I can't take no more craziness, we already got another coming....." Grace huffed and I chuckled. "I just thought different at first....he's actually a very sweet young man, a little rugged with that heavy Brooklyn accent.....but a sweetie nonetheless. He needs a nice sweetheart in his life......I can see it now, the stars are talking......" She looked up in the air.

"Don't start that....." I shook my head with a light scoff, Grace has her moments with mother nature and what not.

"What.....I saw it with Cady and Mason, oooh.....they're gonna give me lots of grandbabies." She wagged her finger at the door, I heard the kids squealing at the sight of snow.

"Mama! Is snow!!" Someone yelled.

"I know, it's so pretty! You wanna go play before breakfast?"

"Yah!!!"

"This isn't enough for you.....?" I pointed at the doorway.

"Nope, oh good morning CJ. Honey.....would you like some breakfast?" Grace got up and smiled at him.

"Good morning. Well, I haven't had a home cooked meal in ages. That sure would be marvelous....!" He smiled at her.

"Chile.....we needa find you a girlfriend that can cook. It ain't gon be hard......you're cute, got the pretty blue eyes and accent......you're a shoe in." Carmen chuckled, checking on the gravy for the biscuits.

"In my line of work.....that'll be hard to have, but it's a work in progress...I have my eyes on a silver eyed, filly....." I know he was talking about Tru Eckhart.

I dunno how that's gonna work out, she's dead set on not getting with no one.....if we're all still chillin around each other, this will be interesting to see. We got a huge idea on what CJ and his brothers really do and Sr tells us that it's really for nobody to know. We wasn't even posed to know, but situations that happened with Eli and Selena.....they had no choice but to tell us. I saw the one named Memphis in the room, standing in the background.....but he was sure watching Genysis. Same thing with his other brothers.....if something really happens between them, how are they gonna tell them?

"Ahh, that shouldn't be tha....." Grace said and CJ stood near them, fixing himself a cup of coffee and talking with the ladies.....

Carmen

CJ & Martha

I looked at the doorway when Travis walked in, he gave me an humorously impatient look. I left him sleeping in bed, went to check on Eddy and the guys and came in here.....this was probably the fourth time since they found the kids. I just couldn't really sleep, everything is constantly moving and I'm helping the ladies with the kids.....there's been constant talking and no time for me to really think. I would've just stayed in the bed and then start thinking heavy on other things, then I look at Travis sleeping next to me.....

You want more.....

My eyes fell on my plate when he started walking towards me, I mean.....we've been doing the oral the past few weeks and it's amazing....but now I wanna know something more than just that. The last time I had sex was with Craig and I haven't been interested in it or could trust someone to that level again.

But you trust Travis......

I think I really do.....

"Good morning, I didn't get to wake up with you next to me.....again.... " He whispered in my ear and kissed it, I bit my smirk. "I do something wrong.....?" I chuckled and shook my head.

This with him has been......good. Real good.....

"No......I stayed up after I checked up on Eddy....." I shrugged, looking at him. He gave me a soft smile, running his hand down my spine, just from the simple gesture.....it made me feel goosebumps.

"Everyone is worried about him...." Trav looked away from the TV, I looked at my plate and cut through my sandwich.

"He almost killed them....." I whispered, glancing at him again.

Trav

"I know.....and thank God it didn't happen that way. The kids are here.....and they're gone, I saw it...." He gave me that confirmation, he left with his brother and Kairo a couple days ago.....

I don't expect Trav to feel like he needed to do something about Craig, but when Mason got the call.....Trav insisted that he was going. I didn't ignore the fact that he was gonna fuck up Craig, just like Kairo had every right to with dude who kidnapped his daughter and Mason with Mykel's ass.

"Yeah...." I sighed.

"Now, c'mon.....it's time for a snowball fight....!" He whispered and I laughed.

"And I take it you love a good fight....." The kids voices got louder in excitement.

"Hell yeah, I got the best attack methods. If him and his brothers finna get in, they gon see why I can do the things they do......." He pointed at CJ, still laughing with the ladies.

"Boi, please...." I rolled my eyes. "A snowball fight and what they do, are very different....."

"It's close enough in my mind....." Trav kissed my lips.

"Good morning, everyone! Who wants mimosas!?" Dyanna Carter walked in, with all the blunt energies these older ladies have......it's not boring at all.

Dyanna

"Girl, pour it.....all this cooking we gotta do today, I needa to start getting lit early!" Carmen laughed.

"Heavier on the wine for me....." Grace shrugged. "Matter fact, make it straight wine."

"It's happy hour somewhere in this world."

"I'm glad things went in a good direction...." Cadence absently said, watching the guys.

Ayanna introduced her son to his dad and yes, Hayden is young and don't understand situations between his parents. But I'm glad that his dad does actually wanna be in his son's life and I'm happy that there seems to be a good reception with each other. Hayden squealed when his dad gently threw the snowball at him, laughing with the kids and the other guys.

Hayden & Zurich

"Yeah.....I was a lil worried how this would play out, though....." Ayanna said, pulling her jacket together. "Hayden thinks he won the real prize, cuz he got two dads now....and a whole bunch of uncles." She chuckled.

I hear that Zurich and these guys are always with each other, they automatically introduced themselves as his uncles. With Hayden being friends with the other kids, they seem to easily adopt them as their uncles too.

"If you look at it.....he do got the best of both worlds. A dad who can kill without blinking and the other who's a pure Casanova......" Cadence waved her hand to the group. "Ooh, the boy gon be lethal when he gets older. All our babies......" She smiled.

"Hm....."

These kids are always around each other, they have other friends......but this group is tighter with each other. And with this large group of guys with all these different personalities, comes an equally large group of female friends. In some form or another......we're all tied to each other, its a friendship somewhere. This is the most I've been around a lot of women and I can say I need no other new friends....I'm good with just this.

"I still find it crazy that they do whatever it is they do....." Dallas snickered. The ladies were still making breakfast and we came out here for a couple minutes. I was born and raised here......but the cold was always some bullshit to me.

"They are an interesting group....." Auset mumbled, shivering. "Can we go back inside now.....?" She looked at us.

"Let's give them a couple more minutes.... " Cadence leaned her head to the side, watching them. "Can y'all believe this mess about this Danilo guy....? I'm told that the shit with Mykel, Eric....whateva the fuck he was, I heard he was nothing compared to this Danilo guy." Cadence looked at us.

Ayanna & Auset

Dallas & Cadence

"I dunno......I've heard some of the customers talk about him, he's not somebody you want problems with." Dallas said.

"Let them do what it is they know." I shrugged, watching the group. These guys obviously know more than anybody on what to do.....

"They wanna see our guns and help us out with some defense.....I'm down with it. I wanna be a dangerous bitch if they wanna try me." We laughed with Cadence.

"Yass.....!"

"Zurich gave me and Dallas a gun a few years ago, I just never had any need to use it." Ayanna shrugged.

Red nervously stood on the sidelines, obviously wanting to join in on the fun with them. Eli, Selena and Kani came up to him and slowly petted him. Travis told me about the dogs before leaving and I did have my reservations at first, but both of them are really sweet and shy, Red more so. The kids laughed when Red started sniffing around them......

Eli & Selena

Kani & Red

"You ok.....?" I looked at Cadence, the rest of the ladies talked and I shrugged.

"Yeah.....just thinking." I watched Travis laughing with the kids, Red timidly jumped around them in the snow. Seeing how Travis has been with honeybun, I wonder how he would be as a dad himself one day.

"I'm glad things are going good with you and Trav....." She smiled and crossed her arms.

"Yeah.....I just wouldn't have expected it to be this good." I crossed my arms and moved around to warm myself up.

"I actually had high hopes for Travis with you.....I'm glad I still feel the same way." She smiled.

"Grace said something similar and she's speaking it into existence, you giving her more grandbabies...." Cadence scoffed and I shrugged. "She says you and Mase are gonna give her a lot...." I low key agree too.

Cadence and Mason are like that couple that just fucks by looking at each other. And when they're alone.....I think that's what's mostly going on, but their vibes also just clicks. There's a balance there that I didn't see with her other relationships and I'm definitely ok with them being together, he's an amazing role model for Eli.

"Surprisingly.....I wouldn't mind having a baby with him if we last longer." She said wistfully.

"If.....? That man ain't goin nowhere.....you heard what he did....." I reminded her. Travis said that his brother was in a complete rage and didn't flinch when he put the bullet in Mykel's head. That's saying a lot, cuz Mason went farther for Cadence than he ever did with anyone else.

"I'm gonna tell him....." She suddenly said. "I love him, Dary.....this is different from the others. I was gonna tell him, but then.....everything happened." She bit her lips, watching Mason run after Eli in the snow.

Mason

"I thought you woulda been said something to him....." I said.

"I could have, but look how long we've been together. It ain't even been 6 months, I didn't wanna say it then and he's thinking I'm moving too fast...." She pointed at Mason. She got a point there, but I wanna believe that Mason is on the same lane with Cadence. His brother says that this is real for Mason, she was doing so much different for him and wants to keep a vibe.

"When you tell him, I don't think you'll be disappointed...." I said and watched Travis flip Eli in the air and fall back in the powdered snow with him.

He's so good with kids......

"I hope not.....so, we're off til after the new year. What you and Trav got planned.....?" She asked, due to current situations.....Mr. Redford suggested that we continued training after the holidays and Eddy should be recuperating by then.

"I dunno, he was talking about going to the spot over there for my birthday." I nodded to the small building maybe a mile away.

"Ok....have a lil baecation get away......" I looked at my best friend. "Y'all are being safe, right....?" She raised her brows at me and I scoffed.

"I mean, we haven't....."

"Y'all didn't.....?" She asked.

"No, I mean.....he gave me....head....." I dragged my hand down my face, in slight embarrassment.

Only head.....but it feels so good though....

"Wow.....I thought.....well it don't matter, he ain't been pressuring you, has he?" Cadence asked and I sucked my teeth.

"No.....that's one thing that's surprising about him. I was prepared for him to eventually start complaining.....I find it hard that he's ok with just oral....." Travis never complained for more than just that, it was as if he was ok with it.

"Girl.....Mason and Sam says that this is a good change they see with Trav. So know that you're doing something he likes, maybe it's the casual seriousness you got. Guys like that, the opposite of Travis has him flying to you like a bee to honey......." I chuckled at her. ".....and if he's ok with doing just that for the moment.....you're one of the lucky few. It's men out here who stays away from it." She shrugged.

"I kinda want more, though....." I said, staring at Trav. I do, cuz the more he does it....the more I get curious about it with him.

"Nothing wrong with that, if you do. You and Trav got this energy and vibe with each other.....this is your choice, not nobody else's." Cadence said and I nodded. "So whenever you feel comfortable to take that step, I'm sure that Travis will take good care of you.....good thing you didn't say something about his head game being shit. I'd be so mad for you.....I was so wrong about Mason." She mumbled and I laughed.

"You stupid......"

"Girl.....3 years is a long ass time, I congratulate you for going longer......but, oh my gawd! Him being so cute, sweet and the amazing head game woulda been his only savior....." I laughed harder and playfully shoved Cadence and she scoffed in her own humor.

"I needed that with the nerves....." I took a breath of cold air.

"Don't be nervous with him if this is what you wanna do, you could be wearing ugly period panties and he'd still find you beautiful. Trav sure loves to show how much you affect him in public.....him being this patient, shows you how much more than just a pretty face you are to him....." Cadence crossed her arms and hugged herself.

"Yeah....."

I needed to hear that, Travis is openly affectionate.....but he never really told me himself as to why it didn't seem to bother him about us not having sex yet. Before we started this and in the media, I always saw Travis Carter as the Playboy who can't stay in a stable relationship. I always saw him with someone different and had it in my mind that he'll probably always be one of those guys......

But now......

"Things will happen when they do....." She said, looking over at them. We saw Mystic limp over to Memphis.....I see that the huge dog is quite partial to him.

Memphis & Mystic
(His Second Chance)

"Y'all get these babies out that snow and come eat!!" We looked back to see Ayanna's aunt at the door.

"Finally!!" One of the ladies scoffed and Auset started walking to the door. "C'mon Kani!!!"

"5 more minutes, please....?" Travis whined.

"Get in the house!!"

************

"This is nice....." I walked in the warm room, taking off my jacket. "You did all this.....?" I looked back at him. Bae and the guys, left early this morning.....Kairo, Sam and Mason came in the house with a lot of shit.....Travis didn't.

He bought stuff for here.....?

"Of course I had some help...." He looked up from putting our duffle bags down. "I kinda grocery shopped with what was in the house.....we ain't have time after doing everything else....."

"Yeah.....you took all the babies snacks and beer." Looking over the chips, cookies and ice cream.....I giggled when he looked bashful.

"And.....there's leftovers, duh...." He showed me the bag of food from dinner. "I left some money to replace what I got....." He gave me the bag and I put it in the fridge, taking out two beers. I haven't had one in a while and wouldn't mind sharing a beer with Travis.

Thanksgiving dinner was over.....everyone was in a super good mood and on top of being full, Eddy was waking up! Almost a week without seeing or hearing his funny vibe.....it felt off. I'm used to Eddy's super chill and positive energy, him cracking jokes with the guys......he'll eventually get back there. As long as I've known Eddy, despite his own personal struggles with his mom's health, shouldering most of the responsibilities to keep things moving for him and his parents mostly.....it never stopped his vibe. He was hurting inside, but someone else on the outside.

He's gonna be ok....

"I'll give you that.....your aunt makes a bad ass banana pudding....." I gave him a beer and sat down on the sofa with mines. I looked round the bedroom, he took his time to do all this.....?

It's sweet of him.....

"Her banana bread is even better, all soft and warm....." He shuddered, sitting next to me. "Like you.....Mm...." Trav kissed the side of my neck and I smiled, taking a sip of my beer....he looked at me and gave me a soft smile. "Where's your pretty mind.....?" He whispered, pushing my hair behind my ear.

"It's everywhere.....what you mean.....?" I shrugged, Travis nodded silently....he side eyed me and drank some more of his beer.

"It's been a stressful weekend.....scary, too....Eddy is waking up." He said and I sighed.

"Yeah....I'm definitely happy and relieved about Eddy, that was scary on top of the kids missing." It happened so fast and was like a whole domino effect. Trav pushed me out of the way, when his brother fell back against him with Cadence in his arms and all I saw was blood.....Eddy struggling on the ground, the guys going crazy calling out the kids names.

The whole chaos....!!

"Well.....thankfully everyone is ok." I looked at my hands and felt him move closer to me. His arm wrapped around my shoulders and Travis leaned forward to kiss my shoulder. "Where does this leave me and you now......?" He asked.

We're still us......

"What you mean about that....?" I raised my brows, Trav peeked at me and drank from his beer.

"I'm just saying, things have been a lil.....quiet between us and I get it. I've just been kinda giving you some space.....to think." He leaned back.

"It was just a lot to take in, I just.....no one expected this to happen. I'm happy the kids are ok, I'm even happier that the dumbass is gone and I hope they never find his ass......" I drank some more and looked back at Travis when he asked the simple question.

"What about you....?" He drank his beer again.

"What about me?"

"I mentioned that I've been giving you space to process and think over things, you only mentioned Cadence, the kids and Eddy. What about you.....?" He asked.

"I'm fin-"

"Don't do that, baby....." He shook his head with a mild scoff. "Yes, this was a lot for anyone to take in. You're worried for your godson and his friend, they're ok and back safe with their parents. Your best friend who had shit with dude and he tried it.....he's gone. Now you had this other niggah who did shit to you back in highschool, still was on the bullshit and helped kidnap Eli and Selena.....on top of almost killing your other friend. That's a lot on you too, baby......" He ended quietly and I took a breath in. "You suffered just as much....."

This is a new direction for Travis......

"Yeah....." I shrugged, looking around the room. "It was just a shock, I grew out of that.....I ain't never heard from him again, so I thought....." I looked around the room.

Why....?

"I think it's ok to have your own feelings about situations. Yes, you've grown past that bullshit......but he obviously didn't and for that, this niggah thought he would hurt you.....again?" He sighed and ran his hand down his face. "I guess with all of us still coming down from the aftermath and everybody is still low-key running on that energy.....I'm sure you haven't really had the time to get your thoughts straight. That's why I wanted to come here earlier with you......take you away with me for a lil bit......" He smiled and I giggled, drinking from my bottle.

"Cadence called it a baecation...." I mumbled. "Thank you...."

"Damn right it is.....and you're welcome, baby...." He cupped my cheek and gave me his soft smile. "I wanted to come over here earlier, so you can actually have some thinking time. Nobody else, but me and you. Whateva you need me to do.....your wish is my command.....I got you....." He whispered, kissing my lips.

Mines opened a lil wider and his tongue slid in.....Travis leaned forward and put his bottle down on the table and took mines from me. I felt my back moving to the sofa and his hands moving to my hips. Travis kissed my lips softly and looked down at me, he gave me his cute smile and looked over my face.

"Don't think I'm that much of an asshole to not pick up on my girl needing some space and time to think.....it's my job to make sure this beautiful mind stays at peace." He said quietly and pushed my hair back.

"I really like how you keep me at peace...." I smiled at him. Despite his silly and childish ways, Trav has shown me a maturity he keeps down while he lets his brother and Sam take reign.....but just like this moment, I see how much he can be.

This moment and others, speaks volumes......

Trav leaned forward to kiss my shoulder and my fingers caressed his faded pink hair. "Good.....I'm tryna be here with you for a minute....." He looked at me from my neck. "I wanna make you happy and again, that's my job to keep you happy....." He kissed my lips softly again.

"I am happy and I wanna be with you for a minute, too....." I said, his boyishly cute smile crossed his handsome face.

"Yeah....?" Bae asked in a mild wonder and I huffed out a laugh. I really do like this between me and Travis, he makes me feel good emotionally and mentally.

By him just being.....him....

"I really like this with you, I am happy with you....." I repeated and bit my lips and he leaned forward to kiss up my neck. "Huh......" My eyes slid shut with the sigh.

"Good....." Bae whispered in my ear and kissed under it, his hands slid up my waist. I arched when he gently bit my skin and slowly licked it, to end with him sucking the skin lightly. His chest pressed against mine and a want grew.....it's been a......

"Oh....." I sighed.

Bae's hands tugged my waistband and I felt his fingertips on my skin, Travis slowly kissed down my chest....his lips sucking in my nipple. My underwear slid off with my tights and shoes and Trav moved a leg over the head of the couch, his breath barely brushed my pussy and I pulled his jaw back up to my lips. Bae gripped my waist, his thumb moved over my slit and we groaned when his thumb slowly rolled over my clit, Trav pulled my waist up and his covered hips rolled with mine.

"Mm...." He grunted, my hands moved under his shirt and my nails dragged down his spine. Trav breathed in the kiss, pulling me closer to him.....his hand grabbed my ass again and I arched when I felt his finger on my pussy from behind.

"Uh....." I arched up again, when his finger became two. Trav's lips kissed my chest, sucking my nipples.....this is a different energy.

It's ok.....

My hands started tugging down his sweatpants, we've seen each other naked.....the only thing we haven't actually done is have sex. Travis still don't pressure me, but there have been close calls.....but it's as if he was ok with what I allowed him. Bae stopped to pull his and my shirt off, he kissed me deeper and my bra was off.....Trav shivered over me when my fingers slid down to the base of his spine.

"Shi...." My eyes slid shut and his dick grinded on my naked pussy, bae kept my leg over the couch and held the other open.

"Fuc...." He sighed, rolling his hips and the tip of his dick rubbed against my clit. This is a first for us and I like how it feels....is this how it will feel when....?

"Mm...." My fingers gripped his arms and Trav looked down at me.

"Wai...." Travis stopped and gently pulled away, but I reached to kiss his lips again.

"It's ok....." I groaned against his lips and our tongues slowly touched each others. His body laid against mines and the firm weight felt good over me.....I tugged the rest of his sweats off and Travis was completely naked over me.

I want this with him.....I really do.....

"Wha....?" He tried to pull back and my hands held him over me.

"It's ok.....I trust you....." I smiled at the hesitant look on his face.

"Sure....?" He whispered and I cupped his cheeks and kissed him softly again.

"Yes......" I whispered and he let out breath, bae bit his lips and looked at me.

"Uh, I mean.....yeah." He cleared his throat, I giggled when it look like he was tryna compose himself. "You know....I don't half step, you deserve the ultimate treatment....." He smiled and slid his lips slowly down my chest, I flinched in surprise feeling his dick rub against the inside of my thigh. "All you gotta do is relax for me, baby and I'll always take care of you....." His breath brushed my pussy lips.

"Huh...." My head dropped back and his tongue slid between my pussy. I shuddered when he slowly slid his tongue over my clit, my nails dug in his shoulders. My toes curled from him rolling my nipples between his fingers.

I definitely trust him.....

This trust for Travis feels more than the first time, he's shown me something real different than the first time. There is this casual understanding between us, he won't cross a line that's been drawn.....but he's shown me a different view. This Playboy persona dropped real quick and bae showed me the person he is deep inside.....

A sweetheart.....

"Hunh!!!" I cringed and the warm shiver slid down my body, my walls felt like they were twitching. Travis slowly kissed my pussy and licked it whole.....I grunted when the colors spotted my eyes and I had to take deep shivering breaths in. I pushed against his shoulders, cuz this was..... "Fuc...."

"You always taste so good....." He whispered in my ear, kissing down my neck slowly. I watched bae through blurry eyes and he reached down to his sweats on the floor. "It's not expired....." He smiled at me, showing the condom and I tapped his chest.

"Really, asshole....?" I couldn't help but laugh, under him.

"I'm just sayin....." Bae shrugged and opened the condom. "You really sure....?" Trav looked at me, after slipping it on and I bit my lips. His eyes moved over my face softly and bae kissed my chest softly, I felt his hands moved over my hip and he leaned back to kiss my thigh over the sofa.

"Yes...." I whispered and he looked back at me, bae leaned forward and.....

"Huh....."

Cadence

"Daddy!" I heard his loud whisper and lil feet thumped on the ground. "Daddy!" Eli whispered louder again and I smiled, I know Mason feels a pride at hearing him say it.

Like I told Mason before, I'm ok hearing Eli calling him dad.....

"Aye, lil man.....? You're up early....." Mase mumbled in his sleepy voice, I felt him move to sit up. I smiled and turned away from them, I love hearing this interaction between them......instead of running to me like he always does, Eli is coming to Mason now.

He trusts him.....

"I hungry, daddy....." Eli thought he whispered and I held in the giggle, Mase let out a huff and I can feel the waves of pride radiating off of him. He may not be his biological dad.....but in these few months we've been together, Mason did way more for my son emotionally and mentally than his donor has never done.

"You hungry.....?" Bae asked Eli quietly.

"Yah.....my tummy go grrr....." Eli growled and I bit my lips, under the blanket.

"Uh-oh.....we gotta make it stop going grrr....." Mase growl rumbled deeper and my baby giggled in glee. "We gotta be quiet not to wake up mommy, though....." Mason whispered to Eli.

"Sh! Sh! Sh! Mama sleepy!" My baby hushed in excitement and Mase chuckled, I felt the pressure from bae's side of the bed get lighter.

"Yeah, I smell bacon....I think there's food." Bae whispered.

"Titi make waful an sprkl!" Eli whispered in excitement, I know Mase had picked him up.

"Yum, but I think there's waffles and sprinkles just for you......" My baby loves his confetti waffles and bacon, I peeked my eyes open under the blanket and saw Mase carrying Eli in his arm.

"Ooh! I like waful an sprkl.....!" Eli clapped his hands.

Bae took the shirt on the chair by the door and looked back at me. Eli was playing absently with his fingers, but Mase saw me looking at them....he winked, giving me his handsome smirk and took his phone.

"Waful! Waful!" I giggled when they both walked out the door, Mason cheering with Eli. I sat up and let out a breath, looking around the beautiful room.

I let out another breath, this time in a relief. He's gone.....no more Mykel, Eric....or even this Noel to bother me and my baby no more. I hate to think or say it, but I'm glad that he's gone.....

Ever since Stanton, I've been carrying a silent dead weight that was Mykel. I didn't have my parents since I was young, but aunty always reminded me how much of a strong woman I became....like mom. Then here's Mykel who literally took that from me, he almost killed me....twice......!

".……I'm actually going to have a meeting with Wendell and Marvin. I wonder if they would consider turning the hotel in condos....." Sr shrugged and I don't think that's actually a bad idea.

"But what about Kairo being the general manager of a hotel....?" I looked at him and Ayanna watching the kids play. He leaned forward to kiss her softly and he said something to her quietly, they look so cute together......

"I'm very positive their jobs won't be affected, I think it's a higher position if he was to be the general manager of luxury condos instead....." Sr shrugged, looking at both Kairo and Ayanna.

"Yeah, I can definitely see that...." Eddy shrugged next to me, eating his popcorn. Arelys stood next to him, his arm loosely hanging off her shoulders. Sr looked at his phone when it started ringing and raised his finger to us.

"Gimme one second, please....."

"Ok....." I nodded and looked up at bae. "You ok....?"

"Long as I'm with you and Eli...." He kissed my lips.

I love how he always finds a way to incorporate my son in a lot of things, it's like Mason truly understands how much of my world Eli is to me. He does these simple things for him.....Mason encourages him with soccer, even if he don't understand the game himself. He does these lil things for Eli that a father would normally do, just buying Eli simple skates and helping him learn....spending the time with him.....

I really do love him and I'm gonna tell him tonight.....

I already have it all planned, this is the first time I'm going to tell someone that I truly love them. I wanna spend so much longer than just now with Mason....hell, I'll even have a couple of his kids in the future. I want him to stay in my life, cuz I love this with him. This is big for anyone to say and call me cheesy.....I want it to be special when I tell Mason.

I got the candles, whipped cream and my sexiest outfit waiting on him later......

"I wanna have a special night with you....." I pressed my body closer to his, Mase licked his lips with a smirk and bit them.....

We're at a soccer game, Cadence......

"I thought it's always special......" He murmured, but I heard him loud and clear over the screaming kids and cheering parents.

"It is.....but I want this extra special, tonight...." He looked at me surprised and leaned to my ear.

"I'm finna get it in....?" He whispered and I slapped his chest.

"Boi...."

"Is that a yes or.....?" I laughed.

"We'll see....."

"Oh my soul....." He whispered, looking around in wonder. I never tried it with anyone before.....but I might be curious enough with bae.

"Aye.....what you think about maybe adding a lil Latin soul fo-!"

BANG!!

BANG!!!

"Eddy.....?" Eddy jerked and started falling to me, I wasn't registering what just happened.

"Watch out!!"

"Hey...!" His heavy body weight pushed me back, I felt Mason grabbing my waist. Eddy jerked again.....blood started coming out of nowhere.

"Eddy!?" I screamed and then the loud sounds hit my head.

Gunshots!!!

"Fuck!!!"

"Eddy!!!!" Screams and people started running around.

"Hayden!!"

"Mommy!!!"

"Eli!?" I rolled from under Eddy and pulled away from Mason's grip. People were everywhere, but my eyes was searching for the curly hair.

Eli!!!!

"Kani!!!" Ky'lan ran to the chaotic crowd.

"Daddy!!!"

"Hayden!!"

"Eddy!!"

"Baby!!"

"Eli!!" I screamed and a true paranoia filled me when I saw Kairo, Travis and Mason running in one direction. "Elijah!!!!!"

I blinked when I heard a vibration next to me and saw it was my phone on the nightstand. I got up and looked for my pajamas, Mase must of gotten up earlier and slid on whatever shorts he found and unlocked the door. Cuz Eli wouldn't have been able to come up in here if it was locked......I like me and Mase sleeping naked together. It's gonna suck in the next couple days, cuz this around the time she wanna unnecessarily bring her ass......

Oh.....me and Eve got pressure when I see her......

I pulled one of his shirts on and picked up my phone. I smiled looking at the message....

Bae: I was just bout 2 go 4 another round B4 he came in

I looked up and rolled my eyes, when I say that he's the best in all my others......Mason is above the best. Cuz, lawd.....!

Me: ur makin me in2 a nympho

Cuz Mase is so fuckin good and makes my body feel so damn relaxed after.....I want it, all the time if I can. Genysis cleared me when I asked for a test, I took a plan B after the first time with Mason.....but this was more of a precaution. I've never went raw with no one before and I did say that I wouldn't mind being pregnant with his baby in the future......

But that wasn't the time, I only felt comfortable and secure with Mason to give myself completely to him and I wanted to express my deep feelings and trust with him that way. There was too much unnecessary drama during that moment, the ongoing bullshit with Mykel......I'm already worried about my baby, I can't bring another one in this!

Bae: means I'm doin my job. Cum eat

Bae: not that cum, even tho I like seeing u swallowing it

"Oh, my God...." I dropped my head back and went downstairs. "Hey guys...." I smiled stopping in the big room that Eddy and them were in.

"Hey....." Onyx smiled at me, Garrett was laid back on his bed with his stomach wrapped up. Titus had his leg held up and so did Jonathan with his arm.....they used whatever powerful ass bullets to bring these guys down and I have to keep thanking God that no ones life was taken. I felt bad all over again, my bullshit with Mykel caused all of this.

"Uh-huh.....stop that. Everyone is ok......" Jonathan's wife stood up next to his bed and gave me a smile.

"Don't worry, Cadence.....we heard that's handled. We'll be aight....." Titus nodded at the three of them, G and Jonathan agreed with their tired smiles.

Garrett (G) & Onyx

Jonathan & Mercedes, Titus & Malinda

"Hey.....I know school is closed for the holidays, but I got some files that has lil things for the kids to do. I can print them out and give them to keep them occupied with the snow...." Malinda said, looking at the glass window.

It started to snow a lil earlier this year, Eli loves the snow and when it does.....I sometimes let him go outside for a few minutes and have snow fights. The other day he had a ball with a whole new group of people he's learning to trust, this group is enough to be around and I'm super comfortable to leave my baby with any of them.

My baby feels safe around them.....

"Yeah......" I breathed out. "That definitely sounds like a good idea, lil kids stuck in one place......it's cabin fever....." I looked at them. "Speaking of.....where's Harmony and Skylar.....?" I asked, noticing that G and Onyx's daughter weren't here.

"Your aunt and the ladies shooed them to get some breakfast.....the ladies are a godsend....." Onyx sighed and I giggled.

"Chile.....let them enjoy this and y'all take the break you really need. I definitely know that Kylan's parents are on a high with more kids around them....." We laughed.

Ever since we came here earlier this week, aunty and the others took on the role of honorary grandparents and I love it! Because now Eli has more elders he's looking up to, other than just aunty and sometimes Kairo's parents when he spends the weekend with Selena.

"Ain't that a relief.....go ahead and get you something to eat.....we're gonna get these eyes some food, too...." Onyx said and they stood up.

"I needa see about Eddy first...." I pointed at the other side of the large room and walked towards them.

"Can I see two fingers.....?" I stopped next to Sandra, when Genysis asked Eddy. His eyes were open and his arm slowly raised....he weakly brought up two fingers.

Genysis, Arelys & Eddy

Edgardo Sr & Sandra
(Eddy's parents)

"Oh.....gracias a dios.....!" Eddy's mom cried in the tissue and her husband slowly rubbed his hand down her back.

I smiled and touched her shoulder, Arelys dropped her head softly on his good arm. Eddy hand twitched to touch her face, he started slowly waking up last night after dinner and Genysis explained that we gotta give him the time to adjust and reorient himself slowly.

That's fine.....Eddy's up and alive.....!

"Good, he's obviously still out of it with the pain medication....but he's tryna understand commands, that's a good sign. Imma just barely scale back on the pain medication, just so he doesn't always stay in a fog and I want his kidneys to flush out the heavy medication in his system. I'm also gonna change his food to something more stronger, a higher protein content. This was mostly fluid and his intake should keep up with him coming from this and help with wounds healing....." Genysis smiled, looking at the three of them. Arelys nodded and translated to his parents and I took the time to pull her to the side.

"I'm glad that he's trying....." I smiled at Genysis and she looked at him laying on the bed. His throat was completely wrapped and so was his chest. The only way he was getting nutrients was through a tube under where they took his lung out.

"He is a strong one......patients like him, is why I miss the emergency room life at times. I'm sure there isn't gonna be any type of brain damage, he's a lil off and weak right now......but I'm happy that there aren't any cognitive issues. He was able to try and point them out....." She nodded at his parents and Arelys.

"Thank God.....thank you for coming to help out...." I nodded.

We may not know Genysis and her sisters that long, but I couldn't trust no new faces around my baby.....and I felt more comfortable with her looking over Eli and Selena, helping out with a friend like Eddy. Her sister Cree proved to be a cool ass person that we're gonna be working with for a minute. The renovations and now the hotel becoming a luxury condo.....were gonna take forever to finish. Genysis other sister, Tru is helping me and these guys maximize our money......Eli has a steadier income coming into his account for when he's 18. Genysis lil sister Sienna, she's just a doll with an honestly beautiful energy. So I'm thankful that Genysis is here to give her help in what she can and sis is smart as fuck too.....!

"It's no problem, who knew that being the director of a clinic could get so boring with paperwork. I like the physical work better.....I'm gonna change his bandages and the other guys, too.....then I'll go catch some sleep." She smiled at me.

"You definitely need sleep and food, sis." She's been up all night, guiding and checking on Eddy as he woke up. So I know sis tired as fuck.....her eyes moved behind me, Memphis walked by the glass wall alone and Mystic slowly limped behind him. He looked our way and kept slowly walking by, he gave Genysis a smirk.

Memphis & Mystic
(His Second Chance)

"I don't understand how God created someone so damn fine....." I looked at her when she mumbled, to my understanding......I thought Genysis was messing with someone.

"It's a house full of them....." I chuckled and she looked away from Memphis with her own smirk.

Of all the guys that helped bring my baby back, he's the most quiet and intimidating one. There's another quiet one that Sienna seems to like.....but Memphis gives off more of an intense vibe, I don't wanna know how many bodies he got on his hands. But reading this silent energy between him and Genysis though, it looks like he likes to be the silent predator. Cuz the way he just looked at sis......I feel like I'm in somebody's porno.

"Aren't they all.....Mm. No Genny, we're taking a break right now......" She whispered to herself and looked away from the glass wall and Memphis. He looked away with a smirk and walked in the gym at the end of the hall.....

"I thought you was......" I said a lil confused, Genysis looked at me with a smile.

"Nah.....I put a stop to that, so I'm solo. Right now though, is about me making sure they're ok......" She pointed at the guys. "Oh.....my parents are coming back next week, with mom's assistant and her one year old niece. Remember Ryleigh from the museum?" Genysis asked and I nodded, remembering the shy woman. "Me and my sisters wanna ask around and see if its ok to spend the holidays here with us?" She raised her brow.

"I'm ok with it and maybe Skylar, his lil one." I pointed at G and his girl. "She'll have a new friend around her age. It gotta be frustrating for sis to keep up with a bunch of energetic 3 year olds....." We giggled.

"Ok, we'll go around and get a consensus."

"Girl.....they're all gonna say yes, especially my aunty and the other ladies. More people to talk shit with." I shrugged.

"Chan loves a good gossip or two....." Genysis laughed and looked at the glass wall again.

Hm.....this should be interesting.....

Everybody get a bae.....!

"See.....trust me, your mom will not get bored with these ladies." I nodded and walked over to Eddy, his eyes slowly moved to my face and he cringed with a smile of pain. "Hey.....don't do too much." I touched his good arm next to Arelys, he tapped my hand and I nodded. "I know they can't hold you down......"

**********

"Hi, mama!" My baby cheesed at me when I walked in the kitchen and leaned forward to kiss his forehead. His curly hair tickled my nose and I ran my hand down his curls.

I dunno where my mind would be if I didn't have my angel here with me.....

"Hey, baby.....I love you...." I whispered in his ear and he giggled, with the other kids sitting next to him.

"I wuv you, mama.....!" He kissed my nose and laughed with his friends, eating their breakfast.

Elijah (Eli)

"I was about to put out a search party for you." I walked to bae and smiled at him.

The rest of them were drinking coffee and talking......the only ones really missing were Dary and Trav. Both of them left last night after Thanksgiving dinner and I know sis is good asleep and so sore in a good way.

Go best friend, go best friend......!

"I was checking on Eddy....." I hugged bae around his waist and kissed him softly. "You look sexy with this on.....well, you always look sexy......" I tugged his thermal and admired the fit on him.

Mm....I really want some now.....

Damn.......

Mason

"Gonna get a workout in, before they start helping the kids with guns....." He stroked my back, I gave bae a smile. I'm all for my son learning to be safe with guns, we all make sure that ours are locked up in the safes Mason and them helped us put in. At the same time.....I want my son to know of any and all safety measures possible.

"Mm.....'kay....." I looked around and looked back at him over my shoulder. He dropped a kiss on my shoulder and leaned against my back, his imprint rubbed on my ass and I turned to face him.

My plan got messed up last weekend.....but Imma fix it tonight......

"We didn't get to have our special night....." I wrapped my arms around his neck and his hands slid down my spine.

"Can we have it tonight....?"

"Yes...." I whispered against his lips and he slowly licked them. "I see there's whipped cream...."

"Oh....?" He smirked.

"And I got a real special outfit...."

"Hell yeah and I get to take it all off....."

"Y'all get out this kitchen with all that!"

Thoughts?

Til next time

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

141K 5.6K 40
Work Number #1 in Black Power Lexie Liberty Westbrooks is a young feisty, beautiful, and sexy young lady. Every since Lexie was born she was very in...
110K 5.2K 69
"Look I lost my job today and I'm really not having a good day, and to be quite honest I'm sick of rich fucks like you parading your egos around. So...
650K 20K 54
22 year old August Alsina, was the youngest King Pin in New Orleans. He had it made, the cars, the clothes, fancy house, cars, girls, you name it! Bu...
1K 83 11
An ambitious Lawyer who raises his two brothers is going stir crazy. His brothers do not listen, they fight with each other, and the household feels...