Gold Rush | Jack Hughes

By kellslibrary

what happens when she's invited to sing the american and canadian national anthems at the new Jersey devils g... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28
29.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.

30.

1.4K 25 28
By kellslibrary

Going to try to write the next 9 chapters fast so I can start posting the chapters for coles story! Hope ya enjoy this long one
__________________________

Night 3 in new Jersey

Game 5 is happening right now as I am getting ready to go on stage for the third night in a row. Luckily they are leading so if they win this game they go onto the finals but if they dont it's going to game 6 which I'll be able to attend.

"Liv you gotta go" tony tells me. I sigh "okay watch the game for me jordyn" I tell her handing her my phone once again. She nods and watches it "jack just scored" she says. I nod "sweet" I reply then I'm on stage.

Tonight I do a cover of paper rings and the devils won their game advancing them onto the Stanley cup finals. They have about a week off because Edmonton and dallas have gone to game 6 which is tomorrow. Its 3-2 and if Edmonton win they go to game 7 so they were given a week incase.

Once tonight's show is done we go to the apartment and not long after I'm face timing jack. "We're going to the finals!" Jack says excitedly. I giggle "you sure are! I'm so proud of you" I tell him. "Thank you baby I'm proud of you too" he says.

I smile and we continue talking until we fall asleep on facetime. The following morning I wake up and the calls cut off and theres a text from jack.

Jack

On my way home

After doing my morning routine I go out to the living room. "Woah who's flowers are those?" I ask. "Yours" jordyn answers. I check the note and smile.

24 flowers for the 24 hours of everyday I spend thinking of you

- jack

"Awww" I pout. "He also had lego flowers delivered" jordyn says. They're still in the box but theres another note on it.

We can spend the short break building this together, it can go into our future home that we'll build our life in

- jack

My heat skips a few beats and I have a cheesy grin on my face "he is so sweet" I say looking at the box. I make breakfast and wait for jack but I end up having a nap on the couch.

"Liv baby I'm back" jack whispers waking me up. I slowly wake up and realize that he is here "oh my god I fell asleep" I frown. "Its ok" he chuckles.

For the rest of the day we rest on the couch and just catch up with each other. Dinner time came around and we had pizza delivered and just ate until we felt like we were going to burst and we watched the oilers and stars game 6. Edmonton won pushing it to game 7.

Jack looked nervous when I looked at him at the end of the game. "McDavid and draisaitl can be scary" he says out loud. "I know but you guys are amazing and I've got faith in ya" I tell him. He smiles and moves so his heads in my lap "you're great" he says.

Then for the first time in awhile we fall asleep together in my bed and not a hotel bed. The following morning jack and I make breakfast for us and for my roomies. "Liv hows tour?" Cari asks. "It is so fun I never expected to be touring with and opening for taylor swift" I answer.

Cari and I talk about music and what she's going to be doing within the next year and it sounds exciting. "Crap" jack says checking his phone. "What's wrong babe?" I ask. "Lindy wants a quick team practice" he frowns.

"Oh, that's okay baby go practice" I reply. He sighs standing up "I'll be 3 hours max" he says. "Just text me when you're on your way" I reply. He nods "okay I will" he says.

I look up at him and pucker my lips "drive safe I love you" I tell him. He leans down pecking my lips 3 times. "I love you too" he whispers with a smile. I smile and watch him leave.
"I miss him already" I frown.

The girls distract me until jack gets back 2 hours later and then we're spending the rest of the day on the couch again.

June 3rd

I'm currently in chicago doing night 2 and jack is in Edmonton for game 1 against the oilers in the Stanley cup finals. The games playing in the dressing room and I'm wearing a tight red crop top, and Jean's with red stars on the butt.

Red for the devils. "Liv you're turn!" Tony shouts. I put my in ears in just as Jack scores to tie it up. "Fuck yeah!" I shout. "Go go go!" Tony rushes me. I glare at him and leave the dressing room and rush onto stage.

"How'd y'all like girl in red?" I ask. They all cheer and I smile "hope you like this one its lil devil!" I shout before singing it.

Jack's point of view

I nervously watch from the bench as Luke's skating with the puck but evander kane hits him hard causing him to go down. I instantly stand up and start shouting "WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT FOR? REFS DO YOUR FUCKING JOB!" I yell out in anger.

He gets up and he seems fine so I sit down and calm down. Just a few minutes later nico and I get on the ice, Luke's still on for defense so we get the puck and pass it between each other as we skate towards jack campbell.

Nico passes to me and I look over at luke and pass it to him and he shoots it right into the back of the net. We celebrate and continue kicking butt.

Livs point of view

I stand in the vip tent with Taylor's parents and my girls while we're waiting for Taylor to come out we're watching the game. Currently the devils are leading 4-2. Luckily edmonton has been getting a lot of dumn penalties.

By time taylor is doing willow the game is over and theyve won game 1. Game 2 is on Monday in edmonton, tomorrow I'm going directly from here to there after the show so I can see game 2 in person.

Even though I've seen every night of this tour I still dance around and have a ton of fun. Each night is different especially the surprise songs. Tonight she brought out maren Morris and they did 'you all over me'.

Then she sat at the piano and sang a song I didn't even know was an option. She sang 'I dont wanna live forever'. She's been going through a lot in her personal life and I understand her singing this song.

Once karma finishes we go straight to the hotel and I crash right after a quick facetime with jack. The following morning jack has a practice and I've got rehearsals so we don't text much until lunch time.

"Where you going after tonight?" Jordyn asks. "Edmonton, Jack's got game 2 for the finals tomorrow" I answer. "Hell yeah, can we go?" Emma asks. "Yeah of course, I actually got us a suite next to the edmonton wags" I answer.

They're not even slightly surprised. "Sweet" they all reply. "I'm hungry, you guys hungry?" I ask. They nod and we decide to go to the restaurant in the hotel. For about an hour we sit and eat and talk.

Jordyn looks at me as I'm dipping chicken strips in maple syrup. "What the hell?" She asks. "What? Its good" I reply. She shakes her head and eats her french fries. "Weirdo" she says. "Its like its honey leave me alone" I reply.

Once we're done eating we go back up to the room and before we know it I'm on stage infront of the crowd for night 3 in chicago. "Hey everyone" I say looking around the stadium.

They all cheer and I smile "how's everyone doing?" I ask. I listen to them all then smile "I'm doing great, here's lil devil!" I shout and start my set. Before I know it I'm doing my cover of 'follow your arrow' by kacey musgraves.

"Uh so every night I do a different cover and i thought tonight I'd mix it up and do a kacey musgraves song, here is follow your arrow!" I say before singing it. The crowd loves it and it's kind of a gay song and it's pride month.

Just a few hours later Taylor's singing 'hits different' on guitar. The crowd goes absolutely wild and I laugh taking a video of it and sing along loudly. "OH MY LOVE IS A LIE SHIT MY FRIENDS SAY TO GET ME BY IT HITS DIFFERENT" I shout sing along.

The next song she sings just hits me right in the heart. She sings 'the moment I knew' on piano. Even from the vip tent I can see the emotion on her face and hear it in her voice. She's still hurting from her breakup with joe. Matty was just a fling. Perhaps just a rebound.

When the shows done we wait for taylor and I hug her tightly "I'm by your side" I whisper. She smiles "thank you liv" she says. We talk for a few minutes before I'm off to the airport. Thankfully jordyn and emma packed everything earlier.

The flight is about 8 and a half hours, when it takes off it is about 2am. Which means we'll land at 8am Edmonton time if my math is right.

About half an hour in I fall asleep for a majority of the flight which is good I probably won't be tired for the game. About an hour until we land we have food and I eat so much of it but still feel slightly hungry so I eat more.

Once we've landed we go straight to the hotel where jack is staying but since he is at team breakfast we go to the suite the girls and I are staying in for the few days we're here. Games 3 and 4 are in new Jersey, I can attend 3 but for game 4 I'll be in Detroit.

If there is a game 5 it'll be in Edmonton and I'll be able to go thankfully. When I put my suitcase in the room I feel my phone buzz so I check it.

Jack

Done team breakfast

Where's my girl

Liv

Meet me in the lobby?

I put my phone back in my pocket and make sure I've got a room key before going down and meeting jack down in the lobby. "I know its just been a few days but I've missed you" he frowns.

"I've missed you too" I giggle looking up at him. He smiles and leans down kissing me and I smile against his lips "I love yoou" I whisper while our lips are still touching. "I love you too" he says between kisses.

We go up to the suite and the girls start clapping when they see him. "Congrats on getting to the finals" jordyn says. "Wheres nico?" Isla asks. He chuckles "his room number is 3B" he tells her. She sprints out and is gone before any of can say anything.

For about an hour we're able to hangout then he has to do media so I decide to nap.

Later that day I'm in the stands watching jack. Next to me is isla and jordyn, behind me is ellen, jim, lily, quinn and sophie. "How was chicago?" Ellen asks. "It was so good" I answer looking back at her.

Right as she is about to say something the game starts back up so we focus on watching luke and jack play. Thankfully they win this one making the series 2-0 them.

We meet jack and luke at the family room. They catch up with their parents and quinn before jack and I go to his hotel room for the night. "You did so good tonight baby I'm so proud of you" I tell him.

He hugs me tightly "thank you baby" he whispers. "2 more games then you're a Stanley cup champion" I whisper. He smiles "gosh I can't wait" he says. "I bet" I smile.

The two of us fall asleep together after getting comfortable and the following day we're back in new Jersey. Jack drops me off at my apartment because he has practice and right after a wave of nausea washes over me.

"You okay liv?" Jordyn asks. "I just don't feel good" I answer. "You look like you're gonna throw up" she says. I close my eyes "because I think I am" I reply going straight to the bathroom.

After throwing up a little I feel a lot better so I go back out and find something to eat. "You're so strange" jordyn says. "Leave me be" I reply.

Game 5

This past weekend I opened for Taylor in Detroit and they had game 4 in new Jersey but Edmonton won pushing it to game 5 but tonight if the devils win its over but if the oilers win theres a game 6 in 2 days back in new Jersey.

I'm glad that I'm not too busy with album promotion between weekends so I can attend the games that are during the week. "Come on" I whisper watching jack.

"Hes got it" quinn says from behind me. I stand up cheering with everyone else as jack scores making it 4-2 in the third period. Just 10 minutes left of the game. Jack's been preparing himself for this game.

His friends are up in a suite so they're not bombarded by fans and I'm in the crowd with his parents, quinn, sophie, lilly and my girls. With 8 minutes left a fight breaks out and its 4 on 4.

Nico, jack, dawson, and luke against leon, Connor, zach hyman and Darnell nurse. "Let's go devils!" The crowd cheers. I sit on the edge of my seat watching as jack passes to nico who passes to luke who scores.

5-2. The crowds going insane and Ellen's got her hand on my shoulder. "They've got this" I say looking up at her behind me. "I know" she smiles proudly. "Jack's down" quinn says.

I look over and he's getting up luckily he sits back down on the bench and the last few minutes start to tick down. Before we know it the new Jersey devils are the Stanley cup champions.

We go down to the ice and jack pulls me close "you did it" I tell him. He smiles "couldnt have done it without you i love you so much" he says. I smile happily and he leans down kissing me deeply.

He hugs his parents and then hoists the cup and skates around. I smile happily and take a cute video for instsgram. I post it on my story quickly then the family members are sent to the family room.

For about an hour we wait for them to finish celebrating. Ellen and I sit talking for a little bit and a random wave of nausea hits me so I take small sips of water to avoid throwing up.I think I've got the stomach flu or something.

It goes away and jack, luke and nico come out. Before hugging the guys he comes over and lifts me up in a hug. "You did it" I tell him. "Thank you for believing in me" he whispers.

"I'll be by your side no matter what" I tell him. "I love you and appreciate you so much" he replies. He puts me back down on my feet and we share a couple kisses then he hugs his parents then the guys all do a group hug including luke.

I look over at lilly and she's smiling with happy tears in her eyes. "You must be very proud of luke" I say going closer to her. She nods "I sure am, I've watched his career grow" she replies. Luke hugs her tightly after the group hug and jack hugs me again.

He smiles looking down at me "I can join you on tour now" he says. "I'm so excited, you ready for Pittsburgh?" I ask. "So ready" he answers. "The parade is a few days after we get back from Pittsburgh" he tells me.

"That's awesome baby" I reply and we're off to the car. "I'm too tired to celebrate with the guys" he says as he starts driving to his place.

We celebrate just the two of us at his place and the few days go by before we're in Pittsburgh. "Ready for rehearsals liv?" Tony asks as I'm sitting in the chair. I look up from my phone at him and my vision blurs for a few seconds "uh yes I am" I answer.

Tony looks at me with raised eyebrows "you okay?" He asks. "Y-yeah" I answer. "You sure babe?" Jack asks. "Yeah I'm good" I lie. I go out for sound check and thankfully it's just crew and my girls.

I'm able to rehearse a couple songs but while I'm rehearsing the cover song my vision goes blurry and suddenly I'm on the floor and i can't see anything.

Jack's point of view

While liv is rehearsing the girls and I are standing on the floor watching her when suddenly she passes out. We all scurry to see if she is okay. EMS respond pretty quickly.

"Who's going with her?" Tony asks. "Me" I answer and go with her and the paramedics. Instead of going to the room they have we go straight to the nearest hospital. My phones going insane with texts from the girls.

I sigh and hold livs hand, it starts moving and her eyes slowly open. "Wh-what happened?" She asks confused. "You passed out" I answer. "Oh god really?" She asks. "Yeah baby we're going to the hospital" I tell her.

Thankfully we're there fairly quick and she's seen pretty fast as well. The luck continues because nobody has said anything about her not being there yet. We get to her room and the doctors start doing all sorts of tests.

She stays awake while they give her fluids. "You seemed to have been dehydrated" the nurse says. While I'm sitting with her Tony comes walking in. "Oh thank god you're okay" he says. "Who's he?" The nurse asks.

Liv's point of view

I laugh slightly "my manager" I answer. She looks at me for a second "you're Olivia!" She says. "Yes I am" I reply nervously. "Don't worry hippa is protecting you and I wouldnt spill anything" she reassures me.

"Thank you" I reply. "Not to be too gross but we need a pee sample just to rule out low iron and to do a pregnancy test just incase" she says. "Pregnancy test? I shouldn't be" I reply.

Tony cringes "I uh I'm gonna be in the hall" he says then leaves. "It's just as a precaution" she says. "I'll be back with the cup" she adds before leaving.

I look at my lap and start doing math and jack looks at me "you okay?" He asks. "Y-yeah" I answer looking at him. He holds my hand "if you are, are we keeping it?" He asks. "I want kids but I don't know if I want them right now" I answer.

We talk about it for a couple minutes and agree that if I am then we're keeping it, then the nurse comes back with the cup and a piece of paper "I have some results back from the blood testing we did, not sure if you'll wanna do the pee test still" she says.

My heart starts thumping and I squeeze Jack's hand tightly. "Your hormone levels are higher than normal meaning that you are in fact pregnant" she tells me.

"F-for real?" I ask. She nods "yes in fact the levels are so high I think that you may have multiple" she says. "Um o-okay is there an ob I can see here?" I ask. "She is coming" she says.

Just a few minutes later she comes in with an ultra sound machine "hello olivia" she greets. "H-hi" I reply still in shock. "So I saw your results as well and my professional opinion is that you may have 2 or 3 with how high your hormone levels are" she says.

2 or 3. What the hell. I look at jack and he's looking at me already "did you hear that?" I ask. He smiles and rests his forhead against mine "I sure did" he whispers.

The doctor does the ultra sound and she gasps "I was right, Olivia Congrats you're having triplets" she says. I gasp and start crying, "theres 3 in there?" I ask. She nods and shows me "1,2,3" she says pointing at them.

"Wow" jack says looking at the screen with me. "Congratulations you two" she says. "Wait how far along am I?" I ask. "Oh you're 5 weeks" she says. That means the beginning of may we conceived them. How did I not notice I didnt get my may period.

Well I guess it's too late now. She prints some photos for us and leaves us to process the news. "What's going to happen with tour?" He asks. "I won't be doing too much and it ends in august anyway" I answer.

He nods and we talk about it then Tony comes in. "So i told Taylor that you're okay but you can't perform tonight so she extended Gracie's set" he says. "Uh so I have to tell you something and dont freak out" I say.

As he looks between us I smile since I've quickly processed that I'm going to be a mom. And not to just one baby but to three. "I'm pregnant" I say. He smiles "really?" He asks. "Yes I'm 5 weeks they just told me and I've got proof" I say handing him a photo from the ultrasound.

Just a few seconds after looking at it he gasps "triplets?" He asks. "Yess triplets" I answer. "Are you continuing the tour?" He asks. "Yes" I answer simply. He nods and since I'm not opening for tonight and I'm feeling a lot better we go to the hotel.

The girls are already there. On the drive back Tony advised us not to say anything to anyone until I am showing or until I am 13 weeks so I'm hiding it from the girls. "Are you okay?" They all ask.

"Yes I am good I was just dehydrated" I lie. They nod and we all sit on the hotel couches and watch a rented movie all together just for fun.

While it's playing I decide to post some photos I took while in the hospital to update the fans as to where I was.

_

OliviaDavis: yes I fainted during rehearsals but i am okay i was only dehydrated and wasn't drinking enough water but I am back at my hotel room doing way better

Jackhughes: glad you're okay ♡

Jordyn: drink more water hoe!

Taylorswift13: so happy you're okay!

Comments are limited

___

Before going to sleep jack and I are laying together in bed "theres 3 of them in there" he whispers with his head on my stomach. "Is 3 all we want?" I ask him. "Up to you baby it's your body" he answers.

Damn I think I just fell more in love with him if that we're possible. We cuddle together and fall asleep the first night knowing we're going to be parents in just 8 months.

______________________________

Almost 4,000 words for this one hehe hope ya enjoyed it I enjoyed writing it over the last few days just 9 more left!

Vote
Comment
Follow me

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.5K 405 41
She meets a hockey player. She falls in love. He doesn't know what he wants. Distance separates the two. Will it push them together?
50K 764 30
Seeing Jack again for the first time has done unfathomable things to Lyla's heart. They hadn't seen each other in years, and she thought she'd buried...
89.4K 978 28
stella zegras, twin sister of trevor zegras, navigates her way through the ups and downs of being the only female on the new jersey devils, or any nh...
93.4K 1.4K 46
❝𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘦, 𝘥𝘰𝘦𝘴 𝘩𝘦 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘴?❞ the story in which the girlfriend of jack hughes starts having...