Ghostbusters (Male Reader Ins...

By Fredbot

Y/N L/N is a down on his luck college student. Looking for a place to belong, his luck turns around when he j... More

𝐆𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐓𝐁𝐔𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒
1.1 Tough Luck Kid
1.2 Fixer Upper
1.3 We Got One!
1.4 He Slimed Me
1.5 Cleaning Up the Town
1.6 On the Job Training
1.7 Out of Business
1.8 Mass Hysteria
1.9 Gozer the Traveler
𝐆𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐓𝐁𝐔𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐈𝐈
2.1 Five Years Later
2.2 Friends Over Coffee
2.3 Day in Court
2.4 Back in Business
2.5 Christmas Creeps
2.6 Vigo 101
2.7 River of Slime
2.8 Scaring the Straights
2.9 Tenth Level of Hell
2.10 Lady Liberty
2.11 Countdown to Vigo
𝐆𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐓𝐁𝐔𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒: 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄
3.1 Dirt Farmers
3.2 Egon's Last Stand
3.3 The Other Side
3.4 Down the Mine Shaft
3.5 Legacy
3.6 The Band's Back Together
3.7 The Return
3.8 Home Again
𝐆𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐓𝐁𝐔𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒: 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐙𝐄𝐍 𝐄𝐌𝐏𝐈𝐑𝐄
Announcement

1.10 Marshmallow Man

935 28 27
By Fredbot

The wind kicked up again, more intense than before. Lightning flashed as the building began to shake. The architecture began to crumble. Pieces of the temple started to fall.

Egon: Look out!

The guys all tried to find cover. They settled on hiding under the alter behind them. Y/N looked up and saw a giant cornerstone from the temple roof fall. It hit the edge of the platform they were on before smashing into smaller bits. Some of the bits continued their journey, plummeting down onto the citizens below.

Down on the street, people were screaming. Frightened citizens were looking for cover as the building's structures rained down on them. A police car was hit by falling debris, causing the siren to go off. Before long, the disembodied voice of Gozer could be heard, even from those on the ground.

Gozer: SUB-CREATURES, GOZER THE GOZERIAN, GOZER THE DESTRUCTOR, VOLGUUS ZILDROHAR, THE TRAVELER HAS COME. CHOOSE AND PERISH. 

The Ghostbusters slowly picked themselves up, coming out from below the alter. 

Ray: What do you mean choose?! We don't understand!

Gozer: CHOOSE! CHOOSE THE FORM OF THE DESTRUCTOR!

Y/N: I think it wants us to choose the next form it takes! It wants us to choose our own demise!

Peter: Oh, now I get it! Very cute. Whatever we think of. If we think of J. Edgar Hoover, J. Edgar Hoover will appear and destroy us. So empty your heads! Empty your heads! We've only got one shot at this!

Y/N tried to clear his mind. With his panicked state, it was difficult to keep his mind from reeling in different directions. However, he managed to focus and clear his head. This didn't stop Gozer though. Someone had an intrusive thought. 

Gozer: THE CHOICE IS MADE.

Peter: Woah, woah, woah!

Gozer: THE TRAVELER HAS COME. 

Peter: Nobody choosed anything!

He pointed to the other guys in accusation. 

Peter: Did you choose anything?!

Egon: No!

Peter: Did you make a choice?!

Y/N: All I got is white noise!

Peter: Did you?

Winston: My mind is totally blank!

Peter: I didn't choose anything!

The four men stopped. They all realized the same thing. There was only one person who didn't respond, Ray. With how wild his mind was, there was no telling what he thought of. The guys looked at Ray as Peter got up in his face.

Ray: I couldn't help it. It just popped in there.

Peter: What? What just popped in there?

Ray: I... I... I tried to think-

Egon: Look!

Spengler pointed to the ground. The men walked over and stood on the ledge of the roof, observing what Ray conjured. 

Ray: No! It can't be! It can't be!

Peter: What is it?

Y/N: What did you do Ray?

Winston: Oh shit. 

Y/N looked down at the street. Between the buildings, he got a glimpse of something large. It bobbed between the buildings and had a pale white complexion. Was that a sailor hat it was wearing?

Ray: It's the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. 

The giant marshmallow man stepped from behind the buildings. It began walking towards Columbus Circle. It had a jolly smile on its face as it looked around at the destruction it was causing. Cars crashed into another. People were jumping out of their car windows and quickly trying to flee the scene, avoiding the behemoth's path of destruction. 

Y/N looked at the thing. He wasn't sure if he should be scared or laughing. The marshmallow man had a double-bounce walk like a cartoon character. He appeared to be so happy in the chaos he was ensuing. However, what mad it scary was its height. It had to be well over a hundred feet tall.

Peter: Well there's something you don't see everyday.

Y/N: That's what you chose?! A giant, marketing mascot for sweets?!

Ray: I tried to think of the most harmless thing, something I loved from my childhood, something that could never, ever possibly destroy us: Mr. Stay Puft.

Peter: Nice thinking Ray.

Ray: We used to roast the Stay Puft marshmallows by the fire at Camp Wakanta.

Peter: Ray has gone bye bye, Egon. What have you got left?

Egon: Sorry Venkman. I'm terrified beyond the capacity for rational thought.

Peter: Great. Kid, how about you?

Y/N looked down at the behemoth, comparing his size to the building.

Y/N: Well, he certainly is big, but he can't quite reach us up here. 

At that moment, Stay Puft let out a low roar. It leaned back and looked up at the five men on top of the building. The jolly sailor grinned with a sinister smile as it did so. 

Winston: Oh no.

Peter: Mother puss bucket.

Y/N: I just had to say it. 

The marshmallow man walked forward. It raised its gargantuan foot and stepped on the roof of the nearby church, attempting to use it as a stepping stool. The guys saw it approach slowly and aimed their throwers.

Peter: Nobody steps on a church in my town!

Ray: 1... 2... 3... Roast him!

Imagine Y/N is next to Egon

The five men shot their streams at Stay Puft. They hit his chest, lighting the marshmallow man on fire. He tripped for a moment, but regained his balance. The streams only managed to engulf him in flames. They did nothing to stop him. In fact, they only seemed to make him angrier.

The marshmallow man let out another roar before grabbing onto the sides of the building in an attempt to climb it. The flames on its chest engulfed the building and rose near the top. The Ghostbusters stepped back and ran towards a fire escape to escape the heat.

Ray: Funny us going out like this. Killed by a hundred foot marshmallow man.

Peter: We've been going about this all wrong. This Mr. Stay Puft is okay. He's a sailor. He's in New York. We get this guy laid, we won't have any trouble. 

Egon: I have a radicle idea. The door swings both ways. We could reverse the particle flow through the gate.

Ray: How?

Egon: We'll cross the streams.

Y/N: I'm sorry, what?!

Peter: Excuse me Egon, you said crossing the streams was bad.

Ray: Cross the streams... 

Peter: You're gonna endanger us. You're gonna endanger our client: the nice lady who paid us in advance before she became a dog.

Egon: Not necessarily. There's definitely a very slim chance we'll survive.

The guys all looked at each other and thought it over. This would most likely lead to their inevitable deaths. But, the choices were either this or die by a marshmallow sailor. At least here, they might have a chance at stopping it. Peter smacked Ray out of his train of thought.  

Peter: I love this plan! I'm excited to be a part of it. Let's do it!

Winston: This job is definitely not worth $11,500 a year.

Y/N: My eulogy better be beautiful.

The Ghostbusters all ran up towards the temple doors. Y/N followed closely behind Winston. Ray was bringing up the rear. Suddenly, a flaming marshmallow hand nearly hit him as he regained balance and joined the others.

Egon: Hurry!

All five men lined up in front of the temple. They were ready to face the end. If I'm going out, at least I'll be doing it in the service of humanity, Y/N thought.

Peter: See you on the other side Ray.

He kicked in his thrower and fired at the temple doors.

Ray: Nice working with you Dr. Venkman.

Stantz fired his own thrower at the doors. He started to slowly bring the stream closer to Venkman's. Behind them, Stay Puft had just reached the top of the building. His angry face filled the skyline, but was replaced with shock when he realized what the guys were doing. Y/N looked at his colleagues. His friends.

Y/N: Gentlemen, it's been an honor serving with you.

Y/N fired his proton stream at the door and started moving it closer to the other two's. Winston and Spengler added their streams as well. All five men started bringing their beams closer. The orange streams wrapped around each other and began to build up energy. Blue electricity surged through the conjoined stream as an immense amount of heat was given off. The guys were trying to hold their throwers tightly as they began to shake violently. The temple doors began to melt as smoke emanated from them.

Imagine Y/N is standing between Ray and Winston.

Finally, a white surge of power shot out of the connection point and traveled up the conjoined stream. It hit the doors, exploding in a gigantic ball of fire. The Ghostbusters quickly ran away and tried to find any cover they could. The ball of fire travelled out of the temple and towards the marshmallow man. It melted his face before causing him to explode. With its connection cut off, Gozer could no longer remain in this world.

On the ground, melted marshmallow goo was flying everywhere. Citizens were attempting to flee the seen. Walter Peck was among those in the crowd closest to the building. When he looked up he quickly covered his head. A large stream of white, sticky marshmallow puff fell down on top of him, covering him from head to toe in the stuff. He looked back up and cursed towards the sky. 

Back up by the destroyed temple, the smoke cleared. The dark clouds dissipated to reveal a clear night sky. The Ghostbusters all sat in different corners of the temple, covered in white marshmallow fluff. Y/N was trying to stay awake, going into and out of a tired state. His limbs felt numb and he wasn't quite sure where he was. He was brought back to reality by a familiar voice.

Ray: Venkman, Spengler, L/N! 

Y/N slowly got up from the ground. He had taken cover behind a large boulder. He felt weak and tired. He looked down at himself. He was covered in melted marshmallow fluff. Soon, he joined Egon and reunited with Ray and Winston.

Ray: Spengler, L/N, are you guys okay?

Egon: I feel like the floor of a taxi cab.

Y/N: I think I need a few days off. You think this stuff is safe to eat?

Winston pointed to another figure, although he was covered in far less marshmallow.

Winston: Venkie!

Ray: Oh, thank God. Are you okay?

Egon: I'm alright.

Ray: You alright?

Winston: I'm alright. You alright?

Y/N: I'm cool. You alright?

Ray: Yeah. You okay?

Peter: Fine.

Imagine Y/N between Egon and Peter

The guys walked over and examined the destroyed temple. The whole thing was in shambles. The intricate rockwork and carved stone was in pieces. The gatekeeper and the key master had returned to being stone statues. Smoke wafted off of their skin.

Ray: Woah. It smells like barbequed dog hair.

Stantz saw Peter looking at one of the stone dogs and quickly realized his mistake. 

Ray: Oh Venkman... Oh Venkman, I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I just... I just forgot.

Peter looked back at Ray with a sunken face. He felt defeated. He starting walking away and walked past Y/N. Y/N eyed the statue, hearing an odd sound. Suddenly, a part of it fell off and revealed a human hand underneath.

Y/N: Look!

The guys walked over and began breaking apart the pieces of the statue. Soon, they managed to free Dana Barrett from inside. Peter pulled her out and held her close. They also heard another voice behind them. They turned around to see a short man with a terror dog head stuck on his own.

Louis: Somebody, turn on the lights!

Peter: Go check on that little guy.

The other four ran over to help Tully with his predicament. They then helped him walk over the rubble. He looked around at the state of the rooftop.

Louis: Boy, the super intendent is gonna be pissed. Who are you guys?

Ray: We're the Ghostbusters.

Louis: Who does your taxes?

Ray and Egon began talking with Louis, asking for samples of his brain tissue. Y/N walked over to Winston. 

Winston: You alright kid?

Y/N: Never better. Could surely use a long nap though.

Winston: You and me both. Say, you ever think maybe this is all a bit too much for a young person like yourself?

Y/N looked around at the group in front of him. He thought back to when he was just a student wanting to prove the existence of ghosts. Now, he just saved the world from a giant marshmallow man with his professors. How far he'd come.

Y/N: No. I'm right where I want to be.

He smiled at Zeddemore before walking away to join the others. He was a Ghostbuster. There was nothing that could change that fact.

Winston: I love this town!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158 1 4
Short Neuroqueer Love Stories (Ray/Egon) (Callie/Gary)
1.3K 37 15
✍︎ in which the ghostbusters bring someone new onto the team just as the world goes crazy with the supernatural. [ takes place two years after ghost...
2.6K 232 41
Many years after the defeat of the worlds greatest threats of ghost. Egon Spengler fleds to Oklahoma to find a way to stop a long enemy to protect t...
4.9K 184 10
✍︎ in which peter venkman's angsty pre teen daughter tags along with him and his friends on their ghostly adventures ❛ follows ghostbusters 1984. sta...