HTLANF AU: How to Raise Your...

Από InfernoIronWings

In one universe there's Hiccup and Kala as a couple, living together happily with their three children Dart... Περισσότερα

Part 1 ~ Chapter 1
Part 1 ~ Chapter 2
Part 1 ~ Chapter 3
Part 1 ~ Chapter 4
Part 1 ~ Chapter 5
Part 1 ~ Chapter 6
Part 1 ~ Chapter 7
Part 1~ Chapter 8
Part 2 ~ Chapter 9
Part 2 ~ Chapter 10
Part 2 ~ Chapter 11
Part 2 ~ Chapter 12
Part 3 ~ Chapter 14
Part 3 ~ Chapter 15
Part 3 ~ Chapter 16
Part 3 ~ Chapter 17
Part 3 ~ Chapter 18
Part 3 ~ Chapter 19
Part 3 ~ Chapter 20
Part 4 ~ Chapter 21
Part 4 ~ Chapter 22
Part 4 ~ Chapter 23
Part 4 ~ Chapter 24
Part 4 ~ Chapter 25
Part 4 ~ Chapter 26
Part 4 ~ Chapter 27

Part 2 ~ Chapter 13

110 2 5
Από InfernoIronWings

"Ah, Gobber, this is a disaster." Stoick sighed as he looked over the damage when his friend came up to his side. Kala was fast asleep on Stoick's arm, not affected by anything going on around her.

"Ah, it's not so bad." Gobber tried to reason, but it was obvious that Snoggletog was in shambles this year.

"Oh, not that bad? The village is destroyed. The dragons are still in mating season, Hiccup included, and won't return for who knows how long. My grandson has gone missing. Let's face it–this holiday is a complete– What are those people looking at?" Stoick asked as he stopped himself mid-sentence and looked at some of the tribe members that were focused on the sky.

Stoick took a closer look at what they were all looking at and noticed that there were shimmering figures in the sky.

"What is that?" He asked.

As the figures came closer to the island, it was revealed to be Toothless and all the other dragons with the figurehead ship filled with hatchlings. Everyone's eyes widened when they realized what was going on.

"It's Toothless!" Stoick shouted in relief, which got Kala to wake up and look around sleepily for her older brother.

"And our dragons!" Astrid added as she spotted Stormfly in the flock that was following the boat.

The Vikings cheered in joy as the boat was placed in the plaza and all the dragons landed. Hookfang let Toothless go and the Night Fury hatchling shook out his body before he transformed into his human form.

When the boat tipped over, all the hatchlings spilled out with it. Everyone ran to their dragons and the hatchlings as Toothless walked over to his grandfather and sister to keep out of the crowd. Kala smiled sleepily and chirped in greeting at him and he crooned a greeting back as he rubbed her head.

"Yeah! Whoo-hoo!" Snotlout shouted as he ran towards Hookfang joyously.

Fishlegs spotted Meatlug and smiled. "MEATLUG!" He yelled out as he ran to her and encased her in a hug.

Astrid ran to Stormfly with a huge smile on her face. "Stormfly! You're back! And look at the cute little ones!" She said happily as she crouched down to look at Stormfly's hatchlings.

"Hahaha! Well done, lad!" Stoick said as he clamped a hand onto his grandson's shoulder.

Toothless smiled up at him. "Thanks, Grandpa! Didn't mean for this to happen, but they were all eager to come back."

"Everyone! Grab your dragons! To the Great Hall! We finally have something to celebrate!" Stoick bellowed as he covered Kala's earplates and everyone cheered.

~~~HTRYNF~~~

It was a full-blown celebration as soon as everyone entered the Great Hall. People were singing songs, spending time with their dragons and loved ones, and some were even getting drunk off the mead.

Toothless stayed out of the way in a corner with his sleeping baby sister in his arms as he watched everyone mingle.

'If only Dad were feeling better so he could see this...' He thought sadly, feeling rather down since he couldn't celebrate the holiday with his dad.

Astrid made her way over to her niece and nephew and ruffled Toothless' hair as she leaned against the wall beside him.

"What's on your mind, squirt?" She asked.

Toothless shrugged as he fixed his hold on Kala. Astrid smiled softly and looked around the Great Hall.

"You know, you did a wonderful thing Tooth. Your dad is going to be so proud of you when he hears about this. You know that, right?" She said as she looked back at her nephew.

Toothless smiled a bit then frowned as he looked away from her. "Aunt Astrid..how much longer do you think Dad'll be in rut for..?"

Astrid sighed as she looked away from the two hatchlings. "Hard to say."

She then spotted Hiccup peeking into the Great Hall, looking much better than he had earlier in the week, and she smiled.

"Wow, man. I wouldn't wanna be you right now, squirt. I mean, you left Berk all by yourself and didn't tell anyone." She joked as she watched her brother make his way through the crowd when he spotted his kids.

"Yeah, you know, this is not helping, at all Aunt Astrid." Toothless said as he glared at her a bit.

Astrid rolled her eyes and turned the boy to face the entrance of the hall with a smirk.

Toothless' eyes widened when he saw Hiccup and he grew very excited. "DAD!"

Hiccup smiled and began to run to his kids, Toothless doing the same thing to meet him halfway, and he scooped both of them up and hugged them tightly. Kala woke up and chipped excitedly as she nuzzled against Hiccup happily.

The Vikings saw this and cheered. Gobber noticed and nudged Stoick.

"Stoick look!" He said with joy in his voice.

Stoick looked over at the three Night Furies and smiled in relief. "Well would ya look at that."

After a minute or so, Hiccup released his kids from the hug, but kept Kala in his arms since she used her claws to keep from falling.

"You're all better!" Toothless said happily as he bounced in place.

Hiccup chuckled and nodded. "Yeah, I feel much better now bud. And what's this I hear about you leaving Berk?" He asked jokingly as he pulled Toothless into a headlock playfully.

Toothless stiffened up and laughed nervously. "I-it wasn't on purpose I swear!"

Astrid laughed as she came over to the small family. "I wouldn't be too hard on him, Hiccup. In his defense, he was dragged off by Meatlug when he got trapped in the chain connected to her earlier today."

"Why was there a chain on Meatlug?" Hiccup asked as he released his son and ruffled his hair without looking, getting a laugh out of the boy as he pushed his hand away and fixed his hair.

"Fishlegs kept her hidden on the island in a barn the whole time." Astrid said with her arms crossed.

"Oh, so that's what was going on. I heard you shout something about eggs exploding earlier. Let me guess. You and the others hid her eggs throughout the village?" Hiccup asked with a smirk.

Astrid blushed in embarrassment and he laughed and hit her shoulder playfully.

"Happy Snoggletog sis."

Astrid smiled and hit him back just as playfully. "Happy Snoggletog brother."

"Happy Snoggletog!" Toothless exclaimed excitedly.

~~~HTRYNF~~~

The following morning Hiccup shook his son awake with an excited smile. Toothless awoke and gave him a confused look.

"Wha..?" The sleepy hatchling asked, not understanding why his dad had woken him up.

"You wanna go flying as a family for your birthday bud?" Hiccup asked.

Toothless sat up looking even more confused as he rubbed sleep out of his eye. "But I thought you couldn't fly..? How will we go flying without you having to ride Stormfly with Aunt Astrid again..?"

Hiccup smirked and transformed into his hybrid form, then brought his tail in front of him high enough for Toothless to see as he opened and closed his right tailfin, the prosthetic matching its movements. "This is how."

Toothless' eyes widened as a big smile grew on his face. "You made yourself a new tailfin?!"

Hiccup laughed and nodded. "I sure did. I was gonna show you and Kala last week, but then mating season hit and I couldn't. So, what do you say? Wanna get your sister and go flying?"

Toothless nodded eagerly and got out of bed excitedly. "Yes!"

Hiccup smiled and followed his son to where Kala snoozed away still and he gently picked up his daughter. She whined as she woke up and yawned.

"Rise and shine my little flower.~ We're gonna go flying." Hiccup cooed as he adjusted his hold on her as she woke up.

"Fwyig..?" She asked tiredly and Hiccup and Toothless froze with wide eyes.

"Dad..please tell me you heard that.." Toothless said absolutely shocked.

"Yeah..yeah I did..did you just say flying little one?" Hiccup asked as he held Kala closer.

Kala chirped excitedly as her wings flapped. "Fwyig..! Go fwyig!"

Hiccup and Toothless let out joyous laughs as Hiccup kissed her head.

"Yes my little flower, we're gonna go flying!" He said happily.

"This has got to be one of the best birthdays I have ever had!" Toothless exclaimed as he jumped around in glee.

Winter in Berk lasts most of the year. It hangs on with both hands and won't let go. And the only real comforts against the cold are those you keep close to your heart.

Toothless flew ahead of Hiccup and Kala in his dragon form. Hiccup was also in his dragon form with Kala safely on his back as he kept an eye on his son to make sure he didn't crash or pull any crazy flight maneuvers.

"Whoo-hoo!" Toothless roared as he looped around his dad and sister.

Kala giggled as Toothless flew upside down above her and they played for a bit before he flew off ahead of them again.

Hiccup smiled and flew a bit faster to keep Toothless in his line of sight, being mindful of Kala as he did.

Turns out, that was the best Snoggletog ever. That year, I gave my kids a pretty great gift. But they gave me a better one!

~~~HTRYNF~~~

And part 2 is done! Part 3 is going to be pretty canon divergent compared to parts 1 and 2, meaning it's all original content with mentions of canon events here and there. So look forward to some hatchling shenanigans. Peace out my li'l embers!  

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

297K 7.3K 34
Hiccup, a boy living in the village Berk. Being a weakling yet the son of the chief. Y/n, a girl flying on her Night Fury. Loving to be free. Flying...
73K 642 9
After asking Astrid for a sleepover, the young couple sleeps together in the same bed for the first time. It quickly becomes a habit for Astrid and H...
5K 102 15
With peace still as strong as ever between Vikings and Dragons on Berk and the Dragon Riders living among their tribe once again, things on Berk coul...
35.5K 585 10
A Nightlight a species of the 'Unholy' offspring of death a Night fury and a Light fury, this is Y/n she is a Nightlight and a very powerful one, she...