Smoke and Ash

By Marvel_nerd05

"Did you just throw a shoe at me?" __________ Bianca Bellamy is the daughter of an unknown vampire and Crowl... More

1 | This Is Why I Don't Socalize
2 | Brothers Winchester
3 | Truth. Not A Good Idea
4 | Honorary Family Member
5 | Motel Day
6 |UFO
7 | Demons Hold Grudges
8 | Another Deal With Death!
9 | DRAGONS!!!
10| I Don't Like Feelings. At All
11 | Another Family Reunion
12 | Blast From The Past
14 | "Sweetheart" But Romantically
15 | The Angel is Dead
16 | Human Relations
17 | When In Doubt? Pie
18 | Truth Will Out
19 | Witches, Man

13 | Dad's Back To Toturing People!

39 1 0
By Marvel_nerd05

Dean, Sam, and I all sat around in Bobby's living room, flipping through pages of old journals from the Campbell's.

"Well, you know what, at least you tried." Sam said to Dean.

Dean shut his book. "Yeah, fat lot of good it did. Why did he even come, right? Well, Samuel's journals are pointless. I mean, I'm sorry, but uh, Jebediah Campbell has squat to tell me about how to stop Cass from cracking Purgatory."

Bobby walks in, carrying a large envelope. "Well actually, it's not about the journals we have, it's about the one we don't."

"Meaning what?" Sam asked.

"Well, that's the bad news. Our pal Cass didn't stop in last night just to mend fences." Bobby answered.

"What did he do?" Dean asked.

"Stole something." Bobby answered. "The journal of one Moishe Campbell."

"Moishe?" Sam closed his book.

Bobby nodded. "Of the New York Campbells."

"Well, uh, so we gotta get it back, right?" Sam asked.

Bobby holds up the envelope and hands it to Sam. "Or just read the copy I'd already made. Hi, glad to meet you. Bobby Singer. Paranoid bastard."

Hours later, we're still looking through the journals. Bobby is reading pages of the journal. Dean is carrying two mugs for him and Sam as Sam sits at a desk with another book.

"I think I zeroed in on something." Bobby said.

"What do you got?" Dean asked, taking the journal from Bobby. "'Went to talk to Howard Phillips about the events of March 10th.'" Dean hands Sam a mug and sits on the desk.

"That's March 10th, 1937." Bobby clarified.

"Alright. So who's this Phillips guy?" I asked.

"Phillips ain't his last name. It's Lovecraft." Bobby answered.

Sam looked up. "Wait, H.P. Lovecraft? Let me see that." he takes the book from Dean.

"Am I supposed to know who that is?" Dean asked.

"Horror writer. At the Mountains Of Madness, The Call of Cthulu?" Bobby said.

Dean looked amused. "Yeah, it's—no, I'm-I was too busy having sex with women."

Bobby rolled his eyes. "Well, anyhow. There's one notion that comes up over and over again in his stories. Namely opening doors to other dimensions and letting scary crap through."

"You don't say."

"Wait, so you're saying you think Lovecraft knew something about Purgatory?" I asked.

Bobby shrugged. "All I know is Moishe paid him a visit."

========

Dean's phone rang loudly in his pocket as he sat on the window s'il of the living room.

    He picked it up. "Ben?..What? What are they? Did you see their eyes? Teeth? This is important Ben, I need to know. Okay, where are you now? Can you get to your mom's closet? I left a shotgun in there...Okay, Ben, listen to me. Go to your window and jump. Any bones you break won't compare to what they're gonna do to you, Ben. You've got to jump. I'm coming right now. I'm coming to get you and your mom, I promise. You with me, Ben? Ben?.....Ben?"

    "What is it?" I watched as he stood up.

    Dean ignored me, and stood up. "Crowley, let 'em go now, or I swear...I am going to kill you...I'm telling you, last chance to let 'em go easy....." he took his phone from his ear and angrily chucked it at my head.

    I yelped in surprise, barely catching it. "Hey! Watch it, Winchester!"

    "What's the story?" Bobby asked.

    Dean was fuming. "He said Lisa and Ben keep breathing as long as we sit on our thumbs."

    "You think Cass knows about this?" Sam asked.

    "We gotta assume he does."

    "So what are we gonna do?" I asked.

    Dean looked at me. "I'll tell you what we're not gonna do: sit here. I'm going after 'em."

    "I'm coming with." Sam said.

    "No, Sam. You, Bianca, and Bobby stay on the Lovecraft thing, okay? Cas is already way ahead of us." Dean answered.

    "You gotta be nuts if you think I'm gonna let you do this alone. Bobby and Bianca can take care of the case." Sam said.

    "No, guys." Bobby stood up.

    "Bobby, this is a big ball, okay? We can't drop it now." Dean said.

    "Fine. But how are you two gonna find Lisa and Ben?" Bobby asked.

    Dean looked at me. "I think it's time you tell us where your father is."

    "What?" I stood up. "I don't know! He hasn't been in contact with me for months!"

    Dean's eyes narrowed. "Don't you dare lie to me, Bianca. This is important."

    "And I still don't know!"

    "You're his—"

    "Okay! Okay!" Sam got between us, cutting Dean off. "I got an idea. Bianca, you're staying with us. Bobby can handle this."

    We all walked out into the salvage yard and watched as Bobby got everything he needed, then drove off; Sam and Dean summoned Balthazar and he appeared in the middle of the junk yard with a drink in hand, looking annoyed.

    "I'm sorry, do I look like a man-servant to you? No? No? Then quit ringing for me, please."

   "This is important, Balthazar." Dean said.

    He just sighed. "I was drinking '75 Dom out of a soprano's navel when you called. That was important."

    "Well did Cas tell you that he is Crowley's butt-buddy, you smug little dick?"

    "Excuse me?"

    "Handshake deal." Sam said, "Go halfsies on all the souls of Purgatory. He fill you in on that?"

    "Well, yes, yes. Yes, of course he did. Yes." he answered, clearly lying.

    "Oh, yes, of course. I-I—we can read it all over your face." Sam said.

    "Look, Crowley and Cas took two people who are very important to me." Dean said.

    "And I care about this because?"

    "Because maybe there is a shred of decency underneath this—this snarky crap. They're innocent people and I'm asking for your help." Dean said.

    "Hmmm. I see. Fair enough." Balthazar said, then disappeared.

    "Son of a bitch!"

    "Look, Dean. Let's just call Cass. Maybe he doesn't know anything about this." Sam suggested.

    "We are not calling Cass." Dean answered.

    "So what then?" Sam looked at me, and I shrugged.

    "...just give me a second." Dean walked away into the house.

    Sam walked over to me. "Hey. Um...want to get a drink with me? Dean looks like he needs some time to cool down."

    "Uh—I'd..I'd better stay. Make sure he doesn't do anything stupid." I answered.

    "Fair enough. Just keep your distance. He looks like he's about to explode any minute now."

    "That was him being calm?"

    "Yeah. There's a much worse side of him when stuff like this happen." he nodded, patting my shoulder and walking towards the Impala with the keys he snagged from Dean's pocket.

    I turned and walked back into the house, ducking immediately as a beer bottle flew at my head and landed outside.

    "What the hell, Dean?!" I closed the door and looked around the kitchen, seeing everything had been either trashed or broken.

    Dean looked at me with angry eyes. "You—this is your fault."

    "My fault? How?" I asked.

    "If your stupid life hadn't been tied to the rulers of Hell, Lisa and Ben would never have been taken!" Dean shouted.

    "Shut up, Dean. You're acting like a child!" I snapped as I ducked yet another flying object.

    "Where do you think you're going?" Dean asked as I walked away.

    "The guest room to get some rest. I don't want to be here while you're throwing a giant temper tantrum!" I answered loudly, walking up the steps and closing the door to the guest room at the end of the hall.

    I kicked off my shoes and sat back on the bed, grabbing the remote and flipping on the television to a mindless cartoon; watching for an hour until the door to the room opened and Dean walked in, still looking angry.

    "You better now?" I asked as I switched off the television, knowing full well he wasn't.

    "Not one bit. What were you doing?" he asked.

    "Watching something to distract myself from your temper tantrum downstairs." I answered, getting up from the bed and setting the remote down on the wooden nightstand by the lamp.

    "I cleaned up." Dean said.

    "Good. Because if Bobby came back to a trashed home, I'm telling him it was you." I said. "Mind if I ask you something?"

    "What?"

    "Lisa and Ben. What are they to you? Family? Friends? What?"

    "Right now? They're all I care about. All I want to do is find them, and I know you know where they are." he grabbed my arms and my back hit the wall. "So tell me."

    "Like I said before," I leaned my head up to look at him, my eyes narrow. "I don't know where they are. And even if I did, I wouldn't tell you."

    His eyes grew dark as he continued to stare at me in silence. "This is about the little boys back in Merritt, isn't it?"

"Don't you dare bring them into this, Dean." I tried to push him away from me, but he grabbed my wrists with his hands and pinned them against my sides.

"Are you trying to make my life miserable because you're incapable of loving anyone other than yourself?"

I twisted my arm from his grasp and slapped him hard across the face. "What makes you think I know where they are?!"

"Your Crowley's daughter! You should know something about them!"

"I don't!" I pushed him away from me.

    "You know something. Tell me something about them." he said.

    "Fine. You want to know something? If my father has them, they're probably already dead." I answered.

    Dean closed his eyes and he let out a breath before his fist slammed into my jaw.

    "What the hell was that for?" I held my reddened jaw.

    "I needed an outlet." he answered in a snappy voice.

    "So you punch me?" I let my hand fall to my side.

   He grabs my chin between his thumb and forefinger, tilting my head up and his eyes darkened even more. "One of the many things I do when I'm angry."

========

Dean's arm slid around my waist and pulled me back against his chest, his breathing warm and steady against my neck.

    My eyes flicked around to the clothes scattered around the room, and the scorch marks on the headboard and wall.

    My mind played back the events of the last hour, and I remembered what it felt like to have him on top of me. How his lips felt against my neck, his fingers lightly scratching down my body; I had no doubt left bloody scratches on his back from my nails. And he definitely left a string of purple bruises against my throat as his hand tightened around my throat.

    "The second I saw you in Sam's shirt, I wanted to rip it off your body." he growled in my ear as his hand slid up my thigh. "I wanted you in my clothes. Not his."

    My eyes closed as his hand grabbed the back of my legs and wrapped them around his waist.

    He grabbed my chin, his eyes staring into mine. "Eyes on me, sweetheart."

    I shook my head from the memory and sat up, running my hands over my messy hair and jumping when a hand slid up my back.

    "It's late. Come back to bed." Dean's voice came near my ear.

    "I need to know,"

    "Need to know what?" he asked, kissing my neck and shoulder.

    "Did you sleep with me in hopes of finding Lisa and Ben?"

    "No," he turned my face towards his, his thumb brushing over my lips as he kissed the corners of my mouth. "I slept with you because I wanted to. Because I don't want Lisa anymore. I want you." he dipped his head and softly kissed the bruises on my neck. "Always."

    I let him wrap his arms around me and pull me back down onto the mattress. One of his hands stroked my hair as his other held mine on his chest, his thumb brushing over my knuckles.

    "..you're still going to look for them." I said in a quiet voice.

    "...yeah. I need to. They're innocent."

    I nodded. "...I'll help you find them."

    "Thank you." He slid his hand down my neck and tilted my chin up, kissing me.

    I took my hand from his and rolled over onto my stomach, resting my chin on his chest as my finger traced over the tattoo on his upper left chest. "What's this tattoo?"

    "It's anti-possession." he answered, brushing my hair from my eyes. "For a demon princess, you're awfully oblivious of the sigils we hunters use."

"Oh, I know what all the sigils mean and look like. But you distracted me." I said with a smile, lightly trailing my fingernail down his chest. "You're very distracting, Dean Winchester."

"In a good way, or bad way?"

"In a very good way." I answered with a light laugh as his fingers lightly brushed my sides.

"Bianca Bellamy, are you ticklish?" Dean asked with a smile in his voice, his fingers tickling my sides and he smiled wider when he heard me laughing.

========

"Look, I don't know anything." a demon pleaded with Dean as I dragged yet another dead demon into the corner and incinerated the corpse.

"Yeah, we'll see." Dean walked away to the table and takes a sip of whisky.

The demon looked over at me. "Princess! Princess, please help—"

I walked back over to the demon and stood just outside the circle. "Buddy, listen, if you don't want him to kill you, just tell him what he wants to know."

"I told you! I don't know anything!"

"Buddy!" I silenced him, "You're one of my father's most trusted demons. There's no way you're in the dark."

"But I am!"

I shook my head. "You really gotta start lying better." I walked over to where Dean was as he cleaned his knife at the table.

"Got anything outta him?" Dean asked, looking at me.

"He definitely knows something." I crossed my arms loosely over my chest. "His left eye twitches when he's lying. And it was twitching a lot."

The door rolled open and Sam walked into the shed. "Dean."

"Yeah?" he looked at his brother.

Sam sighed. "Look, man. You—you're running on what, uh, whisky and—and coffee and whatever else you're taking."

"Yeah, and?"

"And we're grasping at straws here, man." Sam answered.

"Look, I kill enough of these demons, eventually one of 'em's gonna tell me where Crowley is. And Bianca here's basically a demon-detector with her princess-ness, so we get plenty of 'em. So we good?" Dean took the knife.

"Well look, you've been at it for a while, why don't you at least let me and Bianca take over? You deserve a break." Sam suggested.

"No thanks." Dean walked forward towards the demon Buddy.

"Dean." Sam grabs Dean's arm to stop him.

"Sam, back off. Lisa and Ben, wherever they are, that is a hundred percent on me. And if they are hurt...I'll yell if I need you." Dean said.

Sam sighed and walked away, too tired to argue with him.

"Dean," I got his attention as I stood in front of him. "Sam's right. We've been killing demons in here for the past hour. My hellfire's burning out. I need rest to recharge, and so do you."

Dean sighed, shaking his head. "I appreciate it, Bianca, but you know I can't stop until some demon squeals. If you want, you can go into the house and sleep. But I'm going to finish this up. Okay?"

I closed my eyes and sighed, nodding. "Okay." I opened my eyes again and leaned up on my toes, kissing him. "Just—just be careful."

"I always am."

I squeezed his hand and kissed him one last time before walking out of the shed, rolling the door shut.

"Hey." Sam greeted me as he stood up from where he sat on the hood of a car. "Dean kick you out as well?"

"More or less." I answered, walking over to him. "What were you doing out here?"

"Praying to Cass," he answered honestly. "I-I know it was a long shot, but I just needed to try."

I nodded.

"So," Sam sighed. "Wanna tell me how you got those?" he gestured to the blackening blue bruises on my neck.

"Oh. Um..."

Sam laughed, bumping into me. "Relax. I'm not mad. Sleeping with my brother again is really stupid, but I guess it was good for you and him."

I sighed softly, rubbing my forehead. "How'd you know?"

"Dean seemed happier than usual this morning when we were having breakfast." he answered. "And I'm pretty sure I saw something on his neck. Lipstick?"

"Um..hellfire." I answered awkwardly, scratching the back of my neck. "Kinda got outta control.."

"Figured." another smile split his face. "How's the room? Crispy?"

I chuckled lightly. "Some parts more than others."

A loud crash was heard from inside the shed, and we shot up, running to the door and rolling it open to see the demon break out of his bonds and walks towards Dean, grabbing him by the neck and slamming him against the van.

"Dean!" Sam ran at his brother, but the demon flung out his chair to smack into Sammy's head; his free hand curling into a fist and magnetically pulling me next to the demon.

Castiel suddenly appeared behind the demon and lays a hand on the demon's head, light comes out of the demon's face as he explodes.

"I didn't ask for your help." Dean said breathlessly to Castiel as I helped Sam up.

"Well, regardless, you're welcome." Castiel answered.

"Why are you here?" Dean asked him, walking past Castiel and scanning mine and Sam's bodies for any injuries.

"I had no idea Crowley would take Lisa and Ben." Castiel said.

"Yeah right." Dean scoffed.

"You don't believe me." Castiel said sadly.

Dean finally looked at the angel. "I don't believe a word that's coming out of your mouth."

Castiel looked dejected by that. "I thought you said that we were like family. Well I think that too. Shouldn't trust run both ways?"

"Cas, I just can't..."

"Dean, I do everything that you ask. I always come when you call, and I am your friend. Still, despite your lack of faith in me, and now your threats, I just saved you, yet again. Has anyone but your closest kin ever done more for you? All I ask is this one thing."

"Trust your plan to pop Purgatory?" Dean said.

He nodded. "I've earned that, Dean. I came to tell you that I will find Lisa and Ben, and I will bring them back. Stand behind me, the one time I ask."

"You're asking me to stand down?" Dean asked. That's the same damn ransom note that Crowley handed me. You know that, right? Well no thanks. I'll find 'em myself. In fact, why don't you go back to Crowley and tell him that I said you can both kiss my ass."

========

"Drink?" I held up a bottle of whiskey, walking into the living room and sitting down next to Dean on the couch.

"Yeah." He took the bottle from me and took a deep drink, handing it back to me as we passed it back and forth.

"Feeling a little better?" I asked after a while of silence.

"Kind of. The drink helped." he answered, rubbing a hand down his face.

I put the cap back on the half-empty bottle and set it on the floor, setting my hand on his knee to stop it from shaking. "We'll find them, Dean. I'll help you in any way I can."

"I'm surprised by that." he looked at me. "I thought you would be jealous of Lisa and Ben."

"Well...I am. But, you care about them. And I—I care about you." I answered with a small smile.

Dean sighed softly and took my hand in his, pulling me me into a hug. His arms wrapping around my back and he rested his chin on my hair. "When we find them, I want to take you out somewhere." he said in a gentle voice, his hand rubbing over my back and he placed a light kiss on my head.

I smiled lightly, looking up at him. "A bar that serves tacos and fries??"

He laughed a little, nodding. "Yeah. We can go wherever you want."

Sam came into the room with Balthazar.

"You found them?" Dean asked, unwrapping his arms from me as I leaned back, but kept his hand on my leg.

"Well, the upside is yes, uh, the downside is no, I can't get them for you." Balthazar answered.

"Why not?" I asked.

Balthazar looked at me. "Because Crowley's angel-proofed the whole bloody building. I guess he doesn't trust Cas. Seems that marriage is going swimmingly."

"Okay, well get us as close as you can." Sam said.

"Sure. But then you three are on your own." he said, and suddenly teleported us and himself to the outside of the building Lisa and Ben were being held in.

"Alright, boys and girl. This is where I get off. God be with you and what have you." Balthazar said with a wave of his hand, and disappeared.

    The three of us walked into the building and Sam got out the demon-killing knife as Dean got out a shotgun, turning to me and handing me a knife.

    "Alright, be careful. Bianca, why don't you go with Sam? I'll find Ben and Lisa." Dean suggested to me.

    "But—"

    "Please." Dean looked me in the eye, no trace of a joke in his eyes. "I don't want you to get hurt."

    I rolled my eyes, but took the knife from him either way. "Dean, I'm not helpless."

    "I know," he answered with a smile, hooking his finger under my chin as he looked at me. "But you said your powers weren't working because of your lack of sleep."

    "Partly your fault." I reminded him.

    "True. But, I need you safe with Sam. I don't know what I'd do if you got hurt because of me."

    "Fine. Just come back, okay?" I said.

    "Always will." he kissed my forehead and then looked at Sam. "Take care of her, Sam."

    Sam nodded, and we watched as Dean walked down some stairs of the building; Sam and I wandering around a corner of the building, turning around when we heard a noise and having a demon slam a brick into the sides of our heads.

========

"Dean!" Sam pounded on the metal door that was locking us in the room. "Dean!"

    I finally shut my phone. "No service. Great."

    Sam turned back to me. "Can't you just use your powers, or something?"

    "Wow. I never thought of that before!" I said sarcastically, having him frown. "There's a limit on how much I use before it burns out."

    "Forever?"

    "No, stupid." I answered him, "I just need sleep, and then I'll be back to my usual self."

    "Oh. So that's why you look all—" he gestured around his face. "—sweaty and sickly."

    "Thanks for that, Sam." I said as I sat down on a stone bench.

    "Sam? Bianca?!" Dean's frantic voice came, muffled by the heavy door.

    "We're in here!" Sam shouted, pounding on the door again.

    A shot rang out, and the door rolled open, Dean stood there. "Come one, we gotta get to a hospital. Ben, give the gun to him. Sam, we need a ride."

    Dean picks Lisa up and Ben gives Sam the gun as we all leave the building and get into the car.

    "Go, Sam." I said as I got into the passengers seat, and he zoomed out of there.

    "She's fine, Ben. She's fine. She's gonna be just fine. Almost there." Dean said from the backseat to Ben. "Sam, you gotta go faster, man!"

========

"Lisa and Ben okay?" I asked Dean as he got into the backseat.

    "They're okay. Cass had their memories wiped, so..yeah. They should be safe now." he answered.

    "I'm sorry, man." Sam said from the drivers seat as he started the car up.

    "Yeah. It was for the best." Dean nodded.

    I turned around in the seat and set a hand on his knee. "Do we need to reschedule?"

    That got a light smile out of him. "No. If we kept rescheduling every time I was slightly depressed, we'd never go on a real date."

========

"Okay, I gotta say, those tacos? Kind of a let down." Dean said as he opened the door for me.

    "Yeah. But, hey, the company was good." I replied with a smile.

    "The company was the best part of tonight." Dean came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist, pressing his lips into my hair. "That and the drinks."

    I laughed lightly. "I'm not surprised. Want another one?"

    "As much as I would love another bourbon, I'd better cut myself off so I'm sober enough to do this." He turned me around and dipped his head, placing his lips over mine; his hands brushing over the sides of my neck.

    "Guys!" Sam's surprised shriek was heard at the front door.

    "I'm kind of busy here, Sam." Dean answered, but looked at his brother.

    "If you're gonna have a make out session, take it upstairs."

    "Won't argue with that." Dean kissed me one last time before throwing me over his shoulder.

    "Dean!" I laughed as he took the stairs two at a time.

    He set me down once we got into the guest room and closed the door.

    I hooked my fingers through his belt loops and pulled him against me. "I've always wanted to do that." I said in a whisper.

    He smiled and backed me up against the still-blackened wall, kissing me; his hands lifting my shirt up and over my head, his hands sliding up over my sides and bringing my lips back onto his.

    I struggled to unbutton his shirt and tossed it onto the floor, wrapping my arms around his neck and kissing him as his arms wrapped around my waist and lifted me off the floor, sitting back on the bed and sliding a hand over my back as his other slowly unbuttoned my pants and dragged them down over my legs.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

281 27 19
Kasey Sullivan is new to Lawrence, Kansas. She was previously from Talahina, Oklahoma. She's a good girl but she is a little, how do I say it, bad? K...
18K 312 93
Since his fiancée's death, Dean took custody of their daughters. But taking charge of a five-year-old and a baby while trying to do his job isn't eas...
123K 2.9K 30
Emily Becker's life flipped upside down on the evening of her 17th birthday. She was cursed as a baby with angel blood. Now getting ready to be taken...
2.2K 78 26
"Find Ella McKinney." That's all his father had said. And Dean Winchester had no idea where to start. But when she shows up at a mutual hunter's hous...