HERSHE - WINRINA

By Winter201117

What would happen if a good-looking lesbian had swept off a homophobic's feet? An old friend that Winter care... More

NOTE
NEWCOMER
Anniversary
Hickey
Closer
Lipstick
Plan
Drunk
Visitor
Past
Chat
Breakfast
Serendipity
Back
Couple
War
Quiz
Honey
Moments
Stroll
Dude
Confession
Truth
Closure
Free
Hangover
Interns
Fast
Nuisance
Missed
Date
Horror
Fireworks
Conquered
Admire
Surprise
Setup
Chance
Special
Lunch
Cannot
Offline
Hospital
Late
Friends
Tears
Game
sleepover
Couch
Deal
Family
[M]Special Chapter woo-hoo

Girlfriend

2.6K 92 62
By Winter201117

What's this? What is she doing?

Winter was undeniably shocked to see Karina came out from nowhere. Even so, Karina's presence gave her momentary solace. She was on her verge of falling from the cliff when Karina came in to save her.

Karina noticed Winter's confusion. She held Winter's face with her left hand.

"Honey, are you okay?"

Honey? Me? Is this really happening?

Winter peeked at Minju for a second just to see that the latter was a bit surprised too with Karina's sudden appearance. Her eyes went back to Karina. "H-how did you know I'm here?"

"I was looking for you and noticed that your IM status was idle, so I asked Soobin," said Karina , interwining their hands.

Winter loved the warmth of Karina's hand on hers but the situation she's in right now doesn't permit her to enjoy it. Winter turned her face to Minju . "Uh, Minju, this is -.."

"Karina, right?" Minju's eyes is on Karina. After getting a nod she shifted her eyes back to Winter. "Have you forgotten your girlfriend and I have already met?"

Winter's jaw dropped. The term girlfriend is too much for her to take. "Uh, yeah. forgot, I'm sorry."

"Winter has been forgetful lately because she's too busy," said Karina, brushing a stray hair from Winter's eyes. "Right, honey?"

Winter felt Karina squeeze her hand, asking her to ride along. "Yeah.. yeah."

"So, Minju , what do you think of Winter's haircut now?" asked Karina.

Minju studied her old friend for a moment and nodded. "It looks good on her, yeah." Then she turned to Winter and asked, "Decided to finally cut your hair short?"

"Well. it's her request," said Winter, pointing at her girlfriend.

"Ahhh." Is all that Minju could utter. Her Expression was unreadable.

"Um, Minju, could you excuse us for a while? Karina and I need to talk outside for a moment," said Winter. She felt that she needs to discuss with Karina about what's happening now.

"Sure. We'll just be right here."

Winter smiled and dragged Karina along outside the room.

---

The moment they were outside Winter released karina's hand slowly. She wouldn't have done it but she doesn't want to give the slightest hint that she enjoys it.

"Are you alright?" asked Karina, grasping her small hands on Winter's shoulders.

Winter evaluated herself for a second. "I think... I think I'm okay, yes."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I'm cool."

Karina dropped her hands to her side. "Okay, that's good to hear."

"H-how did you know I'm here again?" Asked Winter, still confused.

"I was looking for you because I needed to hand over the materials from Yeonjun. Soobin told me you're here."

"Umm.. are you, are you aware that Minju is here?"

Karina hummed to agree. "I saw Minju's picture on the outline Soobin showed me."

Winter furrowed her eyebrows.

Okay, so she went here because of that?

As if she could read what's on Winter's mind, Karina folded her arms on her chest and said, "I went here because I was worried. I was afraid that you'll be distracted if you saw them. It might affect you. It might affect your work. You lost the ability to speak the last time Minju showed up in your apartment."

"Oh." Winter scratched a finger at the back of her neck, feeling embarrassed.

"Thanks, Rin. Thanks for considering that."

"W-were you... affected?" Asked Karina.

Winter looked around and pressed her lips together. "I don't know.."

"You don't know?" It just added Karina's troubled mind. When she saw Minju and Minho's picture earlier she felt something strange. It's like a part in her is dying to know if Winter is jealous of Minho, and a part in her doesn't want to hear Winter say yes.

"I'm confused, Rin," said Winter, looking down at her shoes. "I thought I won't be affected. But hearing Minju speak the way she speak to me before made me feel something."

Karina felt nervous about it. "Something like?"

"Umm, it's hard to explain." Winter shrugged. "I just felt nostalgic a while ago there. Suddenly it felt like everything is coming back to me."

"Including your feelings for her?"

"That I'm not sure anymore."

"Were you jealous of her boyfriend?" Karina finally had the guts to ask that question. That's what she's been itching to know.

Winter chuckled as she shakes her head, "The dude is handsome, Rin, really."

"So, what exactly did you feel when you saw them together?" Although it's not obvious, Karina is getting a little impatient. All she wanted to know is if Winter was jealous or not. The latter is just giving her vague answers and she's still clueless. It's just prolonging her curiosity, prolonging her agony.

"Um.. I don't really know."

"How come you don't know?"

"Well, because... because everything went okay when you came in."

Karina saw how Winter avoided her eyes before saying that. She felt it was true.

Although Winter hasn't told her yet what she really wanted to know, that answer was far better than what she's expecting. With that just simple answer all her anxieties vanished. It calmed her curiosity. It calmed her mood.

Winter continued, "I have to admit I felt something in there. But when I saw you I went back to my senses and felt like I don't give a damn about them anymore. I was almost falling there. I thought of giving in and accepting my defeat but then you came and everything just lightened up."

A small smile drew on Karina's lips. "Did I come around at the right time?"

"Yeah," said Winter, nodding. "I didn't know what to do before you showed up. I have to thank you for that, Rin."

"I'm relieved to hear that." Karina gave out a sudden sweet smile.

Winter had to catch her breath first before she could say anything. Seeing that smile gives her the feeling as if she's seeing it for the first time. The effect is just the same every single time.

"But I think you need to pretend that we're together. Minju might believe it."

Winter is trying her best not to smile because she loves the idea.

"Don't worry. Minju always thought that we're together, right? Let's just make it real."

"Huh?"

"What?"

"Did you just say that you want us to make it real?"

It's too late when Karina realized what it meant. She scrunched up her face and said, "No, no. I... I mean, let's just make it seem like real."

"Oh." Winter looked down on the floor again.

Okay, you're really being stupid now, Winter. How dare you think it was a confession already!

The two looked away from each other for a while since the ambiance around them started to feel awkward.

Winter stared at her left hand and traced her thumb on it. It suddenly felt empty after letting go of Karina's hand.

"Rin, can I ask you something?"

"Yes."

"Why are you doing this?"

Karina was caught unprepared for that. Truth is she doesn't know the reason herself. Her feet just dragged her there. She had to get some air first while mentally composing how she should state her reason.

"I just don't want her to think that you're not happy with your life because she's not with you. I want her to feel that you are complete and contented even without her."

Winter bit her lower lip. She didn't know that Karina cared for her to that extent.

She's thankful that the latter cares for her that way. At some point, she's afraid that maybe that's the most attention Karina could give her.

"You're happy, right?" asked Karina.

"I am happy," said Winter.

I'm happy being like this with you.

"Besides, it's a win-win situation for you. Who knows, you might get her back because of me."

"Don't tell me you're planning to make her jealous?"

Karina traced her finger on Winter's sleeves as if she's fixing something. "Not intentionally, but maybe. If she gets jealous then you know she's not over you yet."

"Are you sure you really want to do this?" Asked Winter. She couldn't believe what she's hearing.

"The first time Minju and I met she already thought that we're dating, right?" asked Karina. "And I seriously believe that there's no point in denying it. Let's just use that misconception to find out if she still has feelings for you."

"What if she won't get jealous?"

"Then it'll be clear that she's really over you. You can completely move on with your life."

"And what if she gets... jealous?"

Karina hasn't really thought of that yet. One of the reasons she jumped into that situation is because she wants to help Winter prove that she's better off without Minju. But the idea of Minju getting back to Winter is something that her mind doesn't entertain yet.

"If she gets jealous then you'll get her back."

Winter is confused with what she's feeling now. She knows, a hundred percent, that she loves Karina . However, there's a part in her that still longs for Minju, and she doesn't know how to dominant that part is. What would she do if Minju wants to get back to her? She doesn't want to lose Karina either.

"Consider it as a favor from a friend, Winter, a favor from me." said Karina.

"Let's just do this and get over with it. The sooner you'll find out what you really mean to her the sooner you'll know what to do next - - move on or be together again."

Winter let out a loud sigh. "I'm more worried that you might not be comfortable doing this with me."

Karina slapped Winter's arm playfully. "Psh. You worry too much. Loosen up. In case you didn't know, I was a part of a drama club when I was a student."

"Oh...?"

"Don't tell me you don't want to do it with me?"

"That's not what I meant. I can do it, but we both know that it might involve some... you know. I just don't want you to feel uncomfortable around me because of that."

"If it just involves cuddling, touching, and clinging to each other, I don't mind that," said Karina casually. "In case I haven't told you this yet, I'm very comfortable around you and things like that won't bother me."

Winter felt there's no way out. Besides, Minju has already thought that they are together. Like Karina said, it's a win-win situation for her.

"Anyway, it's just for a day. I guess it won't do this any harm," Winter finally said.

"So, are we cool?" Karina raised her fist for a fist bump.

"Yeah, cool." Winter smiled as she bumps her closed fist to Karina's. "Come on, let's go back inside."

"Ehrm.. ehrm.." Karina cleared her throat. She stretched out her hand and said, "You're forgetting something, honey."

Winter couldn't believe what she's hearing. "Oh, yeah. Sorry." She came close to Karina and locked their hands, secretly smiling inside.

I could get used to this.

---

The two walked together hand in hand in the room. They saw Minju and Minho in the same spot where they were left earlier. Minho's face lit up upon seeing them. Based on his looks, Minju has already told him about Karina.

"Look who's here!" he said, excited to see Winter getting back with a beautiful woman.

Winter can't control herself from smiling. She knew what Minho is thinking.

"Hey, you guys ready?"

"Aren't you going to introduce her to us first?" asked Minho.

"Well, Minju already knows her. By the way, this is karina," said Winter, then she turned to Karina, "and Karina , this is Minho. He's one of the models I'm taking pictures today. He's Minju's boyfriend."

Minho immediately offered his hands. "Nice meeting you, Karina."

"Nice meeting you too."

"You're Winter's girlfriend, right?"

"Y-yeah." Karina couldn't understand why but she felt shy this time thinking that they are officially pretending to be real.

"Hey, you're turning red," said Minho grinning.

Karina smiled and buried her face against Winter's sleeve. She tightened her grip on Winter's hand.

"That's so cute." Minho turned to Winter this time and nudged her. "You surely know which to pick, huh?"

"Uh... well.." Winter trailed off, scratching her ear with her hand.

"Oh my, Winter. You're blushing too. Hahaha! What a lovely couple we got here."

——-

And so the photo shoot began. While watching Winter take pictures, Karina realized that this is Winter's real passion. She can see how much the latter enjoys what she's doing now.

Minju and Minho , on the other hand, were very professional and easy to work with. Winter asked them to do some sweet poses since the cover is for Valentine's. It was a smooth flowing shoot and it didn't take them long to finish.

After calling it a day, Winter approached Karina with the DSLR on her hand.

"Hey, bored yet?"

Karina shook her head. She's currently sitting on a chair, legs crossed, her head resting on one hand. "Nope, I enjoyed watching you guys. This is my first time to witness how magazine covers are done."

Winter stretched her arms wide. "Welcome to my world. This is what I do ever since I was in college. Graphic designing was just a part of it, but this, this is the main course."

Karina m's stomach growls after hearing that. "Speaking of the main course, I'm getting hungry now." she said pouting her lips a bit.

Winter can't find the courage to resist Karina each time she acts like a baby.

"What do you say about us grabbing a burger or something for dinner?"

"Burger again?" asked Karina, frowning. "I thought I already told you to stay away from those kinds of foods?"

"Haha! I'm sorry," said Winter, not sure if Karina is just acting or not because it seemed real to her. "I totally forgot about that. Well, let's just go out for a dinner before I drive you home, what do you think?"

Karina's face lit up. "Hmm. Dinner sounds good!"

"Where are you having dinner guys?" Minho approached them. "Thanks for the easy and fun photoshoot, Winter," he said, shaking her hand.

"You guys made it easier, you both good," said Winter, tapping Minho. "And as for Minju , well, we've worked together a lot way back in college, making things a lot easier for all of us."

Feeling really comfortable, Minho rested an elbow on Winter's shoulder. "By the way, I heard you guys going out for dinner?"

"Yeah, the baby here is kinda hungry," said Winter, pointing a finger at Karina.

Karina pressed her lips together. She felt something tickled her when Winter called her that.

"Why don't we all go out for dinner?" said Minju, joining them.

Winter knew what was coming next. She suddenly felt the initial instinct of protecting karina from Minju . "We'd love to, but Karina needs to go home in an hour. She has some errands to do."

That's enough pretending for today.

"Don't tell me your planning on getting a burger for your girlfriend?" asked Minju. " just heard that Karina doesn't want you to eat burger anymore."

Minho laughed. "Oh, really? You don't allow Winter eating burgers? That's sweet."

Karina stood up from the chair and tucked her arm under Winter's. "It's because she's always having that for breakfast. Very unhealthy. Tsk, tsk, tsk."

Minju reached for Minho's arm to hold on it too. "So, you're into burgers this time? I remember you used to love noodles before."

Winter noticed what Minju just did but didn't mind it. "Yeah, it's easier to get a burger than to prepare noodles."

Minju smirked. "Tsk... You never changed Winter. You're still lazy."

Winter felt Karina's grip on her arm tightened.

"So, what about dinner? Are you guys coming with us or you're coming with us?" Minho invited them again.

"Let's all go together. It's not everyday we get to see each other like this. The last time Karina and I met we barely talked, right?" Minju insisted.

This are the moments when Winter feels like she's talking to the new Minju. She can't predict what's on Minju's mind anymore.

Winter moved her head closer and whispered something to karina. "What do you think?"

"It's okay, I don't mind." Karina whispered back.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. This meeting might not happen again. Let's just make the most out of it," said Karina, gazing at everyone.

Winter sighed. Yeah, you're right, this might not happen again.

"Well said, Karina." Minho agreed.

"Where should we eat then?" asked Winter.

"Wherever the ladies like. Do you have a place in mind?" asked Minho, turning to Minju.

Minju shrugged. "I'm not the best person to answer that kind of question. I think we should ask Winter."

"Why me?" Winter pointed at herself.

"Well, because I believe you're the one with the most sensitive taste buds in here?"

Karina can't tell if her feelings are correct. Something inside tells her that Minju is eagerly pointing out all the personal things she knows about Winter.

She poked Winter's ribs with her elbow. "What does she mean by that, honey?" Winter had to control her smile. She's still not used to hearing Karina call her that. "You know that I often go out to eat at restaurants, right?" she asked, Karina, waiting for a nod. "I kinda have tried eating all the major restaurants here in Korea."

"And mind you, she's very picky. Once she didn't like the taste of the food, she'll never go back to that place again," Minju added.

Karina was in awe with Minju's confidence on Winter's preference. It made her feel that something had really happened between this two. Minju surely knows a lot of things about Winter and she's telling that in Karina's face.

"Which is your favorite restaurant then?" Minho asked Winter.

"I love going to Dining in Space. However, I don't think that's the right place for us tonight. I'd say we go to Hadongkwan. What do you think, Minju ?" said Winter.

Minju ran her fingers through her hair. "Yeah, Dining in Space has more romantic ambiance, Minjeong. I think it's more fitted for a dinner for two. Hadongkwan is a good idea, plus the view there is great."

"Alright, so it's Hadongkwan then," Winter confirmed.

They separated on their way there as they have to travel by car. Although the conversation was short, Karina has a feeling that Minju is indirectly telling her that she cannot replace the relationship they had before. Minju is intentionally making her feel that she knows Winter better more than Karina does.

But then all of these were just a hunch. She's not sure yet. She needs more proof. But yeah, she knows that pretending to be Winter's girlfriend gave her ticket to a silent war with Minju.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.3K 1.5K 39
Jimin has been through a lot through the summer before her junior year, and when she returns to school, she's changed. As she begins to feel like a b...
29.9K 1.5K 11
Ending up with an important deal with her father, Jimin decides to leave her delinquent life to study hard and graduate by the end of the school year...
8.8K 571 17
✧ { WINRINA AU } ♤ { ONGOING } ✧ karina yu hasn't been feeling it with her boyfriend haechan for a few months now, and to make it up to her, they go...
85.8K 3.2K 24
When Winter transfers into an art high school, it messes up all Karina's thoughts, but she doesn't resist, because it's just lust, a sweet desire she...