One Number Off

Av Kayla_Whiteman

As summer comes to an end, Tony's life feels like it's falling apart. At the beginning of the summer, her bo... Mer

Character Boards
1.
2.
3.
4.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
Announcement.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
Update.
17.
18.
19.
20.
In Regards To Updates.

5.

262 19 1
Av Kayla_Whiteman

*Tony's POV*

Is the snap I just received from my new friend Porter, and I couldn't help but actually laugh.

School is definitely a fucking prison.

I snapped him back.

And instantly got;

Dude, if he was my cell mate absolutely no one would come near me. All big and tatted.

"What's funny?" I heard from behind me.

I swear I jumped about 3 feet when I turned around and saw Leo. "Oh god!" I put my hand on my chest and took a deep breath. "Fuck don't do that Leo."

"Sorry." He scrunched his face. "Look, I was wondering if we could talk about the other night?"

I sighed and crossed my arms. "About?"

"Well, when I got home, I realized how big of a line I crossed, and then at the diner, I was a dick. I'm really sorry, just, being there, seeing you and then looking at Cory knowing that you guys hooked up over the summer, it sent me over the edge. I shouldn't have done that."

"Are you apologizing because you're really sorry? Or because you got banned until you apologize?"

"Does it matter?" He shook his head.

"Yeah, Leo it does." I nodded. "Look, I will tell Jake you apologized, but you're to stay away from me, especially at work. I won't wait on you."

"Tony, come on. I wasn't lying when I told the guys I miss you." He sighed.

"Well great. It's still the matter of getting me out of your system."

"I didn't mean it like-"

"Tone!" I heard the signature sing of my name and Saige's arms wrap around my waist.

"Hi baby." I smiled.

"Hi Leo." She rolled her eyes as she leaned against the locker next to mine. "Dude, you were on the phone all night?"

I swear, the width of my eyes could spread across this hallway. "What?"

"Yeah, I just got off the phone with Porter, he said you two fell asleep on the phone?" She smiled.

"Who is Porter?" Leo raised his eyebrows.

"Porter is my cousin who is moving to Bixby in a few months. Tony's new friend." Her smile grew. "What's it to you?"

"Since when are you on your phone all night?" He looked at me. "Better yet, since when are you on the damn thing for more than 10 minutes?"

"We were having a-"

"You have a new dude?" He pursed his lips.

"No, we're just-"

"You fell asleep on the phone Antoinette. You'd cut our phone calls after like 10 minutes." He shook his head and walked away.

I sighed and looked at Saige. "Why did you do that?"

"Because ain't no way in hell I'm letting him sweet talk his way back into your life. You're better than that, and I'm tired of you being treated like you're less than him."

"I can handle it." I nodded.

"No Tony, what you do is not handling it. You let him walk all over you and you act like he doesn't bother you, but he does. Jake literally turned him in to a mop because of how he treats you. No more Leo." She shook her head and walked away.

Fucking Saige.

I swear to God, I love her, but the girl will literally stab him.

Thank God I have volleyball today.

The rest of my day drug out until then.

I spent an hour and a half at volleyball practice when Saige came walking over to me before I went into the locker room.

"Hi." I sighed.

"I'm sorry about this morning." She nodded. "I just, don't like him."

"I know. But you love me." I smiled.

"And you love me. Which is why, I need you to come get shakes with me and Seb, since Cols is going out with Bri."

I pursed my lips. "You're buying?"

"Obvi." She laughed.

We both walked into the locker room, and I was feeling good.

Hyped out of my mind for Volleyball to start next weekend, and the tournament coming next month.

So, I pulled out my phone, and took a snap.

And once I was done getting dressed, I checked my phone to see this.

The chuckle I chucked folks.

"Saige I'll meet you at your car." I laughed and pulled up facetime.

I walked out and sat on the bleachers as the phone rang.

"Helllllleeeeer." A random dude answered.

"Uh, hi?" I scrunched my face.

"Oh shit, you're actually cute." He smiled.

"Uhm, did I call the right phone? Is Porter there?"

"Oh, yeah. He's finishing up his dead lift."

"Who is it B?" I heard Porter in the background.

"Oh just some girl. Long hair, pretty brown eyes, stays on the phone with you after your bitch ass falls asleep. Fuck were you thinking falling asleep with this on the phone Port!"

"Give me the phone!" He yelled.

""Nah." The guy shook his head. "You've got one more lift."

"I'll do it tomorrow. Give me my phone."

"Oh hell nah." I shook my head. "Tell him if he doesn't do this last lift he's a pussy."

He raised his eyebrows and smiled. "Really?"

"Yes."

He laughed. "She said if you don't do this last lift you're a pussy."

"No she didn't you bitch. Stop!"

"Hold on Antoinette."

"Watch it." I nodded.

"My bad." He laughed. "Can you still hear me?"

"I can."

"Tony hang up!" I heard Porter yell.

"Say it one more time so he can hear you."

"Listen Harris, if you don't do this last lift, you're pussy and I will never let you live it down."

"OH!" I heard a group of boys yell.

"Brooks turn the camera and take it off blue tooth."

He laughed and flipped the camera to show Porter posted up above a weight bar. "Can you still hear?"

"I can." I laughed.

"Good." Porter nodded. "Put another 20 on each side please." He looked at the two guys on either side of him.

"Oh now you done it Baker." Brooks laughed. "Oh, I'm Brooks by the way." He smiled.

"Well you clearly know who I am." I laughed. "What is he doing?"

"He just added 40 pounds to his best deadlift just to prove to you he's not a pussy. I mean, he is, but he's not about to let all 5'0 tan pretty of you see that."

Porter bent down, grabbed this weight bar, and took a few deep breaths before he slowly started lifting.

"Get it up Harris!" One yelled.

"Push Porter! All the way!" The other yelled.

Now, I have no clue why. But the yell that Porter let out as he stood all the way up, was so god damn attractive.

He held it for a moment, and as soon as he dropped that bar, he flicked his support belt, caught it in the other hand, and came walking straight toward this phone with his hand out. "Hand it over." He nodded.

"You did it, so you have been rewarded." Brooks laughed as Porter took the phone.

"I don't know if it's a reward. My prize just called me a pussy." He looked down at his phone as he sat against the wall behind him.

"Correction, I said if you didn't do it, you were a pussy. You did it."

"Because I'm not a pussy." He shrugged.

"Brooks says you are." I laughed.

"Mother fucker." He looked up.

"Alright." Two guys sat on either side of him. "Let me see." One grabbed the phone and brought it really close to his face. "No mustache, damn you're cute." 

"What the f-" Porter took his phone back. "That was Landry, and I'm sorry."

"My turn." The phone was snatched away again. "I'm Jake. Well shit, why the hell are you talking to him? You want my number instead?"

"Son of a bitch." Porter groaned, took his phone, and I could tell he was walking now. "I'm so sorry."

I laughed. "It's OK." I nodded.

"What's up?" He smiled.

"Well, since someone panics when I don't respond, I wanted to let you know that I will be going to get milkshakes with Seb and Saige."

"Thank you." He sang. "But oo, what kind of milkshake?"

"Hmm, maybe chocolate covered pretzel?"

"Oh! Bring me one."

I laughed. "Don't tempt me, I'll drive the 4 hours."

"Awe, just to bring me a milkshake?"

"Oh no, to meet my new boyfriend Jake." I nodded.

"Ouch." He winced.

"What're your plans for tonight Mr. Harris?"

"Oh, dad's got paperwork to go through, Tate is at a friends, so I'm probably just going to grab a burger or something with these guys, head home, call you maybe?"

"Hmm, I think I can make time for you."

"Oh yes, the girl who is buried in her bed on weekends is going to make time for me, I'm flattered." He smiled. "Call you after I call Cols?"

"Deal." I smiled.

"Enjoy your milkshake Tony." He nodded.

"Enjoy your burger Porter." I waved and hung up.

*Porter's POV*

Craving a milkshake something fierce now as we walk in to Cassidy's.

Cassidy's is a custom burger place here, but, unfortunately no milkshakes.

We sat down, ordered our usuals, and then the question I knew was coming, came.

"So." Brooks folded his hands. "Call after the gym?"

"Shut up." I shook my head. "She sent me a snap after volleyball, I snapped back, and she called to let me know if she didn't respond that she was with Sebastian and Saige getting milkshakes."

"Volleyball? Are they coming to the tournament?" Jake scrunched his face.

"What tournament?" I raised my eyebrows.

"The state wide tournament next month? Our school is hosting it. Jenny and Payton have been talking about it for a month." He nodded. "List of teams is on the school website."

I pulled my phone out of my back pocket and pulled up our school website.

As soon as I saw Bixby High School on there, I smiled.

"It's on there." Landry laughed.

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes. "Saige is on the team too."

"So, we stay on the phone all night, snap chat all day, call after the gym, and now we're excited for a volleyball tournament. Someone developed a crush FAST." Jake laughed.

"Alright. Shut the fuck up." I pointed at him. "It feels nice to talk to a girl who I am not related to or forced to be around. Cough cough Payton. She's nice. She can actually hold a conversation, and she's hilarious. I'd rather talk to her than you dopes."

"That's cold." Landry nodded. "Very cold."

"At least she's hot." Jake shrugged.

"Oh god, fucking extremely." I nodded. "I asked her for a picture last night, and the girl took a picture on the spot looking all flawless and big lipped. I thought she was catfishing me until I facetimed her, but nope. There she was, same outfit from the picture and everything."

"And since when do girls our age not wear make-up?" Brooks shook his head.

"Actually, I kind of like that. She's like, natural and shit. I'd like to see her with make up sometime too though. See if she can pull off both looks. But the natural look, pulled right off. Jesus."

Katie brought our burgers over and as soon as she set mine down, I got a snap chat.

That's actually, really fucking cute.

So just to be cute in return, I grabbed my knife, cut my burger in half, and sent her one back.

"Dude." Brooks cleared his throat.

My head popped up and they were all just staring at me.

"What?" I pursed my lips.

"There is no way you just cut your burger in half and took a picture of it." Jake shook his head.

"Yes, I did." I nodded. "She got a milkshake with an extra straw just for me."

"You're simping." Landry nodded. "Simping like a sissy."

"Look, according to Saige, the girl rarely has her phone in her hand for more than 3 minutes. And she's responded all day, she's pretty, and I like talking to her. Let me simp. I'm going to be simping over the phone for a month. And once I actually meet her, I'll decide if it's just friends, or continue to simp. But at this very moment, I want that. I'm going to flirt with that. I'm going to make that laugh and get her to stop being so self-conscious after basically begging her for a picture. Leave me alone."

"Say it with me boys." Brooks held his hands up.

And all at the same time. "Crushing."

"Fine. Crushing. Whatever."

"You know we're all about to follow her, right?"

"How do you know she'll accept?" I shook my head.

They all pushed their phones in to my face, and they all had a follow from her.

"Think she's got any cute friends?" Brooks smiled.

I rolled my eyes, we ate, went our separate ways, I called Colson, showered, and once I got in bed, I started a facetime with her.

And a little girl answered. "Ello?"

I raised my eyebrows. "Uh, hi?"

"Who you?"

"I'm Porter?" I scrunched my face. "Who are you?"

"I Roxie." She nodded.

"Oh! Tony's little sister." I smiled. "Is Tony there?"

"Her left her phone downstairs."

"Roxanne Jo Baker, why do you have sissy's phone?" I heard a deep voice coming in the back ground.

Then the phone was being grabbed, and a very large man, larger than me with a huge beard, tattoo's and no shirt answered was on the screen. "Hello?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Uh." I cleared my throat. "Hello."

He just stared at me for a minute. "Do you have the right sibling?"

"Tony." I scrunched my face.

"Boy, how fucking old are you?"

"I uh, just turned 18 last month." I nodded.

"And your name?"

"Porter Harris." I sighed.

"Phils nephew? The one moving here in a few months."

I nodded.

"Oh, heaven help me." He sighed. "Just one second." He shook his head and started walking.

I heard him on the stairs and knock. "Antoinette?"

"Getting dressed!" I heard her yell.

He glanced down at the phone. "Yeah, do that before you open your door!"

Oh dear god.

This isn't happening.

I heard the door open. "Hi daddy."

He sighed and rolled his eyes. "You left something downstairs." He nodded.

"What?"

He held her phone up so her screen was facing her.

Her eyes got wide, flicked from her dad to her phone.

I pursed my lips and gave her a small wave.

And then they shot back to her dad.

"Your sister answered the phone."

She cleared her throat and nodded. "Well daddy, tell her it's not ok to answer peoples phones."

"I will let that go for tonight. But I need to know when you have a boyfriend."

"Not my boyfriend. Just, friends. He needs friends."

"I saw him Antoinette. You're going to tell me tall, tattooed and pretty eyed is a friend?"

I choked back and laugh and covered my face.

"Oh my god." She grabbed her phone. "Goodnight daddy." She turned and closed her door behind her. "I am so sorry."

"Your dad thinks I have pretty eyes." I laughed.

"OH." She groaned and flopped on her bed.

"You met my friends, I met your dad and little sister, this is all moving very fast." I nodded.

"Porter this isn't funny." She laughed.

"Come on, it's kind of funny. Your dads kind of hot though."

"Yeah, he's also the Sherriff."

Nope, not funny anymore.

"Shit." I pursed my lips.  "Your dad is a cop. The cop."

"And my mom is also a cop." She nodded.

"Damn it!" I laughed. "Is he like that with all guys who talk to you?"

"Honestly no." She shook her head. "He wasn't like that with Leo at all."

"Oh, you mean the mop?"

"Oh Colson." She sighed.

I shook my head. "Sebastian. I got a kick out of it, can't wait to meet Jake. I'm surprised Sebastian didn't lay him out."

"I have Sebastian on a very tight leash." She nodded.

"Yeah, well I hate to break this to you, if I witness that kid dump hot coffee on you or screw with you while you're working, he's going to be flat on his back." I shrugged.

"OOO, big strong man."

"Well, I did top my dead lift earlier because someone thought it was funny to call me a pussy."

"Well, you did it didn't you?"

"That I did." I laughed. "And how was our milkshake?"

"Very good. Jealous?"

"Kind of." I nodded.

"And our burger? That thing looked delicious."

"Oh it was. I'll have to take you guys when you're here next month?"

She scrunched her face. "We're coming there next month?"

I nodded. "Volleyball Tournament. We're hosting it. Payton plays."

"And Jenny."

My eyes got wide. "You uh, know about Jenny?"

She nodded. "You still have pictures on Insta you know."

"Did you insta stalk me?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Yes." She shrugged.

I laughed. "Well I like the honesty."

"Well that, and you liked a picture from 2 years ago." She smiled.

"Is this your new hobby? Calling me out on shit?"

"I'm good at it." She flipped her hair.

"But uh, I was serious. About taking you guys to Cassidy's. And maybe taking just you to my favorite milkshake spot? I take you there, you take me to Little Trinity for my first time?"

"Porter Harris, are you asking me on a date? This all seems very fast." She laughed.

"I mean, if you want to call it a date we can. But, with how we get along I feel like we'll be going on plenty when I move to Bixby."

"You're a flirt." She nodded.

"Just for you though Baker." I smiled.

"Uh huh." She smiled and rolled her eyes.

"Oh don't act like the subtle ass picture I got at the gym wasn't you flirting when you rarely have your phone." I leaned back and put my arm underneath my head. "Guess I can tell Brooks it's big."

"Big, plump, perfect." She shrugged.

"Whoah, Miss Baker. This is not the girl who was nervous to send me a simple selfie last night." I shook my head.

"Oh but Mr. Harris, this ass is one thing I'm very confident in." She nodded.

I laughed. "You know what, it's a start." I smiled.

"Speaking of you asking me for a picture." She propped her phone up and folded her hands. "Can I ask you something."

"Lay it on me." I sat up, propped my phone up, and folded my hands too.

"Will you send me your favorite picture of you?" She smiled.

"Ok, can I ask what for?"

"My friends Wendy and Bri saw your name on my snap notifications today, and they asked what you look like. So, I want you to send me your favorite picture of you, so I can use it for my this is him picture."

"Awe, I'm special enough for a this is him picture?" I smiled.

"Well, they kind of need to know what you look like when you get here so they know who you are. I just figured you'd like it to be one where you look semi-decent. I know that's a struggle for you."

"Oh!" I yelled. "Dagger to the heart and twist." I shook my head. "I will send you my favorite picture of me, if you do the same. And mine is a this is her picture because I fully intend to become your friend, flirt, wine and dine you, and I'm going to need one to curve girls with."

"Porter Harris, you stop lying to me." She laughed.

"No no no, I have developed a school girl crush on the pretty, caramel eyed, blinding ass smile, volley ball captain. And she's flirting with me right now so a tiny little piece of her is crushing out on little old me." I flutter my eyelashes.

"Little?" She raised her eyebrows.

"You know what I mean." I laughed. "Deal?"

"Deal." She nodded.

"But, I sent mine first last night. So, this ones on you Baker." I smiled.

She pursed her lips and the screen paused for a minute.

Then her name came across my banners with a picture message as she came back across my screen.

T;

Oh, oh god damn.

"Now come on. That's not fair." I shook my head.

"What." She laughed.

"Ain't no one going to believe that. Fucking look at you." I groaned. "Look at that smile, and the wind blowing your hair. Damn."

Her smile grew and she covered her face. "Stop." She shook her head. "Your turn Harris. Come on."

"Alright." I sighed and went to my instagram.

I knew what picture I wanted.

It's a picture Landry took at our local coffee shop last month. I just got a hair cut, and my jaw looks pristine.

P;

"You really are a big dude." She nodded.

"Listen, you have a month to get past the foot height difference, because I'm coming to that tournament." I smiled.

"Awe, to see little old me?"

"Little old you, with the big ass. And, well, Saige." I nodded.

"My dad is coming."

I swear, the way my face went flat. "Well, fuck."

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

49.5K 1K 37
I would bet none of you have ever had that dream summer that all of us want.... that summer where you meet a boy on the beach and go surfing even tho...
24.8K 744 29
I quickly rushed over with my hands ready to catch Yesha the same time as they stepped back, when she dropped in my hand I gave her a smile. "Thanks...
29.6M 505K 68
"I'm the sexy guy in school, and all the ladies want me. So don't act like you don't. And try not to make it seem like a surprise Princess because yo...
4.1K 264 35
𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙙𝙤 𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙛𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙤 𝙖 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙖 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙬𝙤𝙠𝙚 𝙪𝙥 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙮𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙮 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙤𝙣𝙚...