Mission: Impossible (A Male R...

By SpiderFan05

"Your mission, should you choose to accept it..." Y/N L/N is a disavowed IMF agent with a dark, mysterious pa... More

Author's Note
Mission: Impossible
Prologue
"Your Mission..."
The Mission
Ambush
Unexpected Visitor
Meeting Max
Recruitment
Planning
He's Alive

Getting the List

105 2 1
By SpiderFan05

LANGLEY

Several firetrucks drive to the CIA Headquarters. Luther sits inside one of them and looks out a small window. Ethan, Y/N, Franz, and Claire, who are all disguised as firefighters, run into the building and go to the front desk.

Ethan: We picked up alarms in Sector 3, 7, and 12.

Guard #1: Yeah, that's what I've got too.

Ethan: What sector's the air conditioning?

Guard #1: 21, but there's no alarm in Sector 21.

Luther hears this from the other side and starts hacking into the building's alarm system.

Ethan: No, I gotta get in there and shut it down.

Guard #1: I'm sorry, but nobody gets into any sector where an alarm hasn't gone off.

Luther types something into his computer.

Ethan: Oh, you wanna blow the fire through this whole building?

Beeping is heard from the computer on the other side.

Guard #2: Look, no one goes into any sector where the alarm hasn't gone off, and it hasn't gone off in 21.

Guard #1: Wait.

He shows the other guard the computer, showing the alarm has indeed gone off in Sector 21. Luther gives a victorious smirk.

Guard #1: It's gone off. Let's go.

Ethan: Let's move.

The guard runs off and the team follows after him. As they run through the hallway, Claire stops at a door and enters the room as the rest go on. Donloe is preparing to leave the outer room of the vault.

Donloe: Can I get you anything?

The woman at the desk looks up at him.

Woman: No, thank you.

Donloe leaves the room and the guard and "firefighters" are close by.

Guard #1: 21's through here.

He unlocks a door and leads them inside the room. The sign on the door says "SERVICE". Kittridge and a few IMF agents stand in a room with a large screen showing a database of Ethan.

Kittridge: He's recruiting. For what purpose?

A beeping noise goes off inside the room.

Agent: Survival.

Kittridge: Too shortsighted, this guy initiates, he's proactive. The question is what does he want? Where does he need to get it? And, Barnes, what the hell's that noise?

Barnes: Uh, fire alarm, Gene.

Kittridge sighs.

Kittridge: Do we have to evacuate?

Claire steps out of the room she was in, wearing business attire, a pair of glasses, and an ID tag. She walks off to another room and the guard leaves the service room. Claire enters a room and just a few seconds later, Donloe enters the room as well. The guard continues to walk away from the room, but comes to a stop. Inside the room Claire entered, which is a sort of lunchroom, Donloe presses a few buttons on one of the machines. The security guard looks around for a second, then turns back and starts walking again. He goes back into the service room, where Ethan, Y/N, and Franz are getting their firefighter uniforms off. He closes the door behind him and notices that one of the team members is missing.

Guard #1: Hey, there were four of you. Where's the other guy?

Without warning, Y/N gets the guard in a chokehold and starts to choke him out. Franz pulls out a knife and tries to stab the guard.

Ethan: Krieger!

Ethan stops Franz, grabbing him by the wrist and putting his arm against the door.

Ethan: Zero body count.

Franz: We'll see.

Ethan lets go of Franz's wrist, and he puts the knife away. Y/N gently lays the guard's unconscious body down and pulls Ethan to the side.

Y/N: (Whispered) I'd keep my eye on that one if I were you.

Ethan nods in agreement.

Ethan: (Whispered) I'll definitely be paying close attention to him.

In the lunchroom, Donloe grabs a cup of coffee from the machine and sits at a small table. He opens the newspaper he was holding and starts reading it. Claire sits next to him, setting a notepad on the table and pulling out a pen. She points the pen to Donloe's cup and sprays a small dose of liquid into it. In the service room, Ethan boosts Y/N up to help him climb up into the vent. Y/N uses a pair of magnetic discs with handles on the backs of them to climb up the vent. Donloe takes a drink of his coffee. Ethan follows Y/N in the vent, being boosted by Franz, and Franz follows too. Y/N reaches the top and turns a corner of the vent, crawling on his stomach. Ethan and Franz continue to follow him. Claire discreetly places a small tracker on the back of Donloe's coat. She pulls her hand away and Donloe turns to Claire. She meets his glance and they share a quick, friendly smile before resuming their previous activities. In the firetruck, Luther sees a small dot on a monitor that shows the layout of the building.

Luther: Hi there.

The three continue to crawl through the vent, and Claire gets up and leaves the room. Donloe glances at her, then goes back to reading. Y/N comes up to the laser-guarded vent above the vault and places a device on the side of it. The device stops the lasers from guarding the vent and the laser is seen in the middle of it. Y/N uses a separate device to magnetically twist the screw holding the vent in place, and the screw pops out, being pulled to the device. Donloe looks at his watch, folds up his newspaper, and gets up from the table. Ethan turns on a decibel meter and Y/N is on the opposite end of the vent, facing Ethan. Franz is behind Ethan. Ethan whispers, his voice steadily rising each time.

Ethan: One.

The meter shows two green bars.

Ethan: Two.

One orange.

Ethan: Three.

Three orange.

Ethan: (Normal voice) Toast.

Two red.

Ethan: Toast.

Same result.

Luther: Check.

Ethan: (Whispered) Good. Okay, Luther, I'm going in. Everest, man.

Franz rubs his nose.

Ethan: You ready to plant the flag?

Luther gives a light chuckle and shakes his head. He sighs. Franz sneezes and Y/N winces. The decibel meter shows two red and there is feedback from the mic on Luther's end.

Luther: Damn.

Ethan: Krieger, from here on in, absolute silence.

Franz nods and rubs his nose again. Y/N grabs the vent and quietly lifts it up, moving it out of the way.

Y/N: (Whispered) Okay, Hunt. You're up.

Ethan gives a nod and Franz starts lowering him down into the vault from a line. Ethan hangs upside down as he's lowered and Y/N turns on an electronic thermometer, showing the temperature of the room. It shows 72 degrees. As Franz lowers Ethan into the vault, the temperature rises to 72.1 degrees.

Y/N: Point-1.

It rises again.

Y/N: Point-2.

Franz grunts as he continues to lower Ethan from the line. Luther sees that Donloe is on the move. Donloe groans slightly and places his hand on his stomach.

Luther: (Whispered) He's rolling to you.

Donloe gets to the door of the outside office of the vault and presses a button.

Luther: He's at the voice print corridor.

Donloe: William Donloe.

Donloe clears his throat. Ethan is still being lowered into the room and Y/N keeps his eye on the thermometer. The door slides pen and Donloe steps inside.

Luther: Outer room.

Donloe puts his eyes up to the retinal scanner.

Luther: He's coming in the vault.

Franz stops lowering for a moment.

Luther: Come on, move.

Franz pulls Ethan back up many feet and the vault's countermeasures deactivate. Donloe enters the vault and closes the door. He opens a briefcase on the side of the desk and takes a bottle of pills. He pours a couple into his hand and pops them in his mouth. Luther looks confused. Donloe places the bottle back in the case, inserts a card into the computer and takes it back out, and sits at the desk. He clears his throat repeatedly as he works at the computer. He grabs the trash can on the side and vomits into it. Y/N winces in disgust.

Y/N: (Whispered) Ugh. Gross.

Donloe gets up from the desk and goes to leave the vault, taking the trash can with him. When he leaves, Franz lowers Ethan again, and Donloe goes into the bathroom.

Luther: He's in the bathroom.

Once Ethan is low enough, Franz stops lowering him and Ethan flips around, getting rightside up, and gently placing his toes on the edge of the desk and stepping into it. Inside the bathroom, Donloe grabs some paper towels and wipes the inside of one of the sinks, until he suddenly has to vomit again and goes in one of the stalls and vomits in the toilet. The temperature is at 72.9 degrees, but it slowly starts to decrease.

Y/N: (Whispered) It's going down.

Ethan slowly lifts his legs up and moves down so that the monitor is at eye level. He presses a key, and it prompts him to log into the computer. He types "DONLOE, WILLIAM" into the bar for the name.

Luther: (Whispered) AW96B6.

Ethan types in the password and the computer accepts. He opens a drop-down menu and goes to "NOC LIST FILE", which opens a folder, and goes to "NOC LIST". Luther watches through the glasses camera in disbelief.

Luther: Holy mother of God. The NOC list.

Ethan presses the return key and it opens the list. Back in the vent shaft, a rat crawls through and it comes up behind Franz. Y/N spots it and winces in disgust. He decides not to tell Franz to not cause him to lose focus. Donloe finishes washing up in the bathroom and grabs a power towel. Ethan grabs two disks from his pocket, places one in his mouth, and the other back in his pocket. He takes the disk out of his mouth and gently inserts it into the computer. Luther notices that the decibel meter is in the high yellow, Krieger looks back to see the rat, and the download starts on the computer. Franz gags slightly as he sees the rat, and Y/N notices Franz's hands shaking violently.

Y/N: Krieger, focus.

The download finishes and goes to take the disk out. As the rat gets closer, Franz's grip on the line weakens, and Y/N notices.

Y/N: Krieger, no.

Franz lets go of the line and Ethan starts falling.

Y/N: Shit!

Franz catches the line and Ethan dangles inches above the ground, his body flat. Franz's shake as he holds the line. The temperature is 72.6, but it starts to increase again.

Y/N: Temperature's going back up.

Donloe leaves the bathroom, but stops himself in his tracks. He groans and runs back into the bathroom. A drop of sweat starts forming on Ethan's glasses and the temperature goes to 72.8 degrees.

Y/N: Point-8.

The drop of sweat gets slightly bigger as another drop connects with it. Donloe leaves the bathroom and stands outside the outer room. The drop of sweat falls off Ethan's glasses, but he stops it by putting his hand under it. Donloe steps into the outer room, and Luther sees from the tracker.

Luther: He's at the vault.

Franz starts pulling Ethan back up, and Y/N silently sighs in relief. The line rubs against the side of the vent as Franz pulls it back up and it makes a lot of noise. Luther looks at the decibel meter.

Luther: Four yellows.

Ethan looks at his own decibel meter.

Luther: One red.

Donloe uses the retinal scanner. Ethan grabs the disk from the computer, puts it back in his mouth, and the temperature goes up again.

Y/N: Point-9.

Luther: Get moving.

Donloe inserts one of the electronic key cards into the machine, Franz quickly pulls Ethan back up, and the decibel meter shows two red bars.

Luther: Toast. Toast.

Donloe takes the key cards out of the machine and Ethan gets back up to Y/N and Franz's level. Franz takes the disk from Ethan's mouth.

Franz: Merci.

He drops his knife and it falls down through the vault. The world seems to move in slow-motion as the knife plummets. The three look on in dread. In an instant, the countermeasures deactivate and the knife jabs into the desk sharp side down with a loud bang. The three stare in shock and disbelief. Donloe walks into the room and closes the door. He looks at the desk and sees the knife. He looks at it in confusion and slowly walks closer to the desk. He takes the knife out of the desk, looks up at the vent to see that it looks normal, and presses a key on the keyboard. A message pops up that reads "KEYSTROKE LOG -- FILE DOWNLOAD, 9:58 AM".

Donloe: Oh, my God.

Before leaving the vent shaft, Y/N throws a live smoke grenade into it, and the smoke from it spreads throughout the building. An IMF agent picks up a phone.

Agent: Yeah.

He listens to the person on the other end.

Agent: It's for you.

He hands the phone to Kittridge.

Kittridge: Kittridge.

Y/N, Ethan, and Franz, who are back in their firefighter uniforms, guide Claire out of the building while she holds a cloth to her mouth. They all drive away in one the firetrucks, the mission successful. Kittridge speaks to Barnes.

Kittridge: You and I know about this. That's where it stops, you understand? It never happened.

Barnes looks over at Donloe.

Barnes: What about him?

Kittridge: I want him manning a radar tower in Alaska by the end of the day. Just mail him his clothes.

Barnes nods.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 46 11
(Y/N) (L/N) is your average socially awkward girl living in a world alongside superhuman Countryhumans. She expected to graduate from High School, fi...
8.9K 472 34
[HIGHEST RANK: #9 in People] "Just because you don't like him back doesn't give him the right to treat you like that." "Sometimes it's so hard for pe...
16.8K 383 6
When disavowed IMF agent Skylar Rhodes gets an encrypted message from an anonymous person, asking for help, she can't help but miss out her mission d...
1.9K 28 13
It is a story about a 13 year old girl named Y/n who got a job at Marvel really unexpectedly. Will she get the permission to act? Will she ever be ac...