Chills & Thrills | Brance

By samswattpedia

In which Vance is an out of place person, like usual. He gets held back twice, and when he decides to tell br... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen

thirteen

229 4 1
By samswattpedia

Bruce was awoken by Vance tapping his shoulder again. The first thing he saw was Vance's watch reading 2:29.

"Shoot! Man, stop letting me sleep so long!" Bruce said, abruptly standing up. "Stop falling asleep then," Vance said with a chuckle.

"Goodbye. I'm actually gone," Bruce said with a dramatic sigh. He started walking towards the sidewalk while Vance stood up and caught up to Bruce.

--

3:00am was when Bruce's mother, Nina, finally saw him coming home. He wasn't alone, either. Next to him was a boy, easily recognizable as Vance.

He was saying something to Bruce, who responded with a laugh. Nina couldn't hear them at all, but she knew he was laughing.

The two then waved goodbye before Bruce left to enter his house while Vance kept walking, presumably to his own home.

Nina heard the front door being quietly opened, then closed. Bruce entered his room where he kicked off the shoes he was wearing.

"Bruce," Nina spoke, causing Bruce to stare at where the voice came from. "Mom?" He whispered back. He closed his door and turned on his light so he could see.

"What were you thinking? I was so worried." She spoke quietly.

"Can we just talk about this tomorrow," Bruce sighed out. His mother nodded and walked out of his room, giving him a look of disappointment first.

Bruce stood there in shock for a moment. He had forgotten to worry about his parents finding out. He definitely left too early, and tomorrow he'd be in so much trouble.

He flicked off his lights and flopped down onto his bed, letting himself fall asleep before worrying too much about his mother. What would he even say in excuse to that?

The next morning Bruce was woken up to his alarm. It was his last day in suspension, so next Monday he was able to go back to his regular school routine.

Bruce got ready faster than he usually would, as he decided to walk instead of ride his bike. It was becoming too much of a hassle having to walk next to it, since he'd end up walking halfway anyways.

Arriving at school, Bruce found Vance was already sitting in the classroom, writing on a sheet of paper. Bruce takes a seat next to him.

"Hey," Vance said, without looking up from his paper.

"Hi. So uh, last night..?" Bruce spoke quietly. Vance turned his head to look at him. "Hm?" He said.

"When we kissed?" Bruce said. Vance glared at him like he was ready to brand a rainbow into his skin.

"Think you could be just a little quieter?" Vance said. "Right, sorry," Bruce whispered.

The bell then rang, and the teacher told everyone to be quiet. Bruce took a lined piece of paper from his binder and wrote something down before pushing it to Vance.

Well??
fym well
what
fuck you mean well
i dunno???????
yeah me neither. U busy after school?
yup, i've got big plans involving my mother yelling at me
what did you do ??
my mom was in my room when I got home and I guess she realized I left the house.. if you never see me again, assume the worst
HAHA
not funny, i'm gonna be in so much trouble!!
hope she doesn't mind you was out kissing a boy too

Bruce shot his head up from reading the note. He glared a Vance, who was hiding a smile behind his hand. He took the page back before scribbling something else down, then pushing it back over to Bruce.

289-****   
if you ever wanted to call.

Bruce glanced up once more, seeing Vance was now writing on his school work. Bruce folded the note in fours before putting in the pocket of his sweater.
---

The last bell goes, allowing everyone to finally go home. Bruce and Vance walk out next to eachother.

"I'm so scared, I don't want to go home," Bruce complained after exitting the school.

"Become a highschool dropout and run away," Vance suggested with a non-serious tone.

"What help you are. Maybe I can reason with her.. I was only out because I couldn't sleep-"

"Most people usually just try closing their eyes, or literally anything other than sneaking out late at night to walk around," Vance interrupted.

"Stop talking, you're no help. When I get grounded until i'm seventy, just know it will be all your fault," Bruce stated.

"How?" Vance spoke. Bruce took a moment to think before coming up with, "I don't know, because I said so."

"Makes sense. Was there any particular reason you couldn't sleep?" Vance asked, wondering if it would be able to be changed so Bruce could sleep better.

"Just dreams. About you, oddly enough," Bruce said. Vance grimaced at that, "Very odd," he agreed.

"Nothing weird! Well, it was weird, but not in a weird weird way. Like-"

"I get it. See you monday though, maybe," Vance spoke, slowing his walk as the two had reached the corner where they part ways. Bruce hadn't even realized.

"Oh, right. See you!" Bruce waved and turned the opposite direction. Each step he took filled him with more worry than the last.

Arriving at his house, Bruce found his mother was sitting on the porch, reading from a newspaper. Probably waiting for Bruce to get home.

"Bruce, welcome home. Come inside," she spoke, standing up and leading the way inside. The two went to the living room, where Bruce took a seat across from his mom.

"I'm going to allow you to explain yourself first," Nina assured him. Bruce nodded and immediatly began talking.

"Okay. So I was asleep but I was having this very weird dream, but Amy woke me up. Then when she left my room I couldn't sleep and I wanted to go out for a walk and so I did. I'm very sorry for making you worry and I swear it won't happen again," Bruce explained.

"It better not happen again. I'm still just a little confused how you ended up with Vance walking you home," she brought up, slightly shocking Bruce.

"Right, I just ran into him and we started to talk. And uh, do you remember when I told you that I liked someone and he isn't a girl?" Bruce said nervously.

"It's Vance?" She asked. Bruce nodded. "And, exactly, why?"

"What?" Bruce spoke, a little taken aback by the question.

"Why him? I mean-"
"I thought you said you supported me," Bruce mentioned.

"Of course I do, but things are a little different if it's him you like," Nina said.

"How is it any different?" Bruce asked, his tone becoming angrier.

"Because, there are so many people out there who are better for you. I don't want him messing up your life," Nina told him, staying calm.

"You don't know him!" Bruce pratically shouted. "He's not bad, he's nice to me," Bruce stated, lowering his voice.

"I just don't want you dating him," Nina said. Bruce stared at his mother, unsure of what to say. If she knew him better, she'd like him. She'd know he wasn't bad, that there was more to him other than his fights.

Bruce shook his head before he grabbing the backpack rested against the chair and walking upstairs, ignoring his mom.

Bruce entered his room and threw his backpack on the floor before picking up the phone he had in his room. He was allowed to get his own line last year.

He pulled out the note that included Vance's number. He punched it in and held it to his ear, waiting for the ringing to stop and for Vance to pick up.

"Hello?" A feminine voice came from the phone. That wasn't Vance.

"Hi, i'm just calling to see if Vance is there? I'm a friend," Bruce said, trying his best to sound casual.

"Oh! He's not home at the moment, but I can take a message?" The woman suggested.

"No, that's okay. Sorry for bothering you. Bye," Bruce said.

"It's really no trouble. Bye!" She kindly spoke. Bruce then put the phone down. He headed downstairs where he quickly pulled on his shoes before his mother noticed him.

Bruce then made his way to where he knew he could find Vance. He wasn't entirely sure why he wanted to be around Vance so badly, but Bruce wasn't thinking too much about it. All he knew was the route the grab n' go, where he was walking to.

---
hiya it is the author. gonna try and upload whenever i can but it appears im pulling a charlie kelmeckis and am becoming bad again so whoopie.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 2.6K 15
bruce yamada is tired of his parents demanding he gets into a relationship. but, eventually he complies. he decides to seek out someone he knows they...
9.1K 154 18
Bruce yamada has a crush on his best friends homophobic twin brother, vance Hopper. One night, vance gives major mixed signals, which only draws bruc...
133K 2.6K 17
✟ ⋆ Reader x Vance Hopper ⋆ ✟ 𖤐 "I hate Vance Hopper. I hate his stupid hair, I hate his stupid pinball obsession, but the thing I hate the most is...
14.6K 430 10
bruce is sick and fucking tired of listening to his mom and dad whine about how he's still single with all these people all over him. so, he decides...