The Lost Daughter

By AthenasGirl2028

So. This is my first story, and I plan to base some of my other stories in the future on the main character... More

Chapter Two: We're Screwed
Chapter Three: We're Going To A Camp, A Very Scary Camp! *dodo dodo dodo!*
Chapter Four: Welcome To The Very Scary Camp "My Lady"
Chapter Five: Capture The Flag
Chapter Six: Dam it All
Chapter Seven: Immortal She, Fuck!

Chapter One: First Off

73 9 96
By AthenasGirl2028

Author's Note
Okay so I'm probably going to update this once a week because I already have a lot of chapters written but I'm changing them to make the characters more my style and less boring maybe. I didn't like how they were at first.

Also, I'm basing them off of my friends and the vision I have of what I think my friends and I would be like in the odd situation of this story.  If you are my friend and somehow found this, don't be offended by anything. Got it? Good. Cuz you know me.

I think that you might like it, but if you don't like Percy Jackson, you're basically in the Labyrinth without magic twine, meaning to say that you're lost.

Also, don't hold me to the once every week.

Please.

I'm not kidding I'm reworking this story and writing new chapters while writing other stories of another fandom.

Well, on that note, enjoy!!!

——————————————————————

Okay, first off, I didn't choose this life.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. My name is Il-wait, I'll start from the beginning. My name is Lila Jessica McFlynn. And life enjoys screwing me and my friends over.

Again, I'm getting ahead of myself. You're right.

So I should start with how everything happened. Get ready for some weird schist. (If you don't get it, you're in the wrong palace.)

It started about a year ago. Another school year just started, it was about two weeks in, and was hanging out with my friends. Hailey and Kristiana are my three best friends. Hailey has short, dark brown hair and dark colored eyes. Kristiana has medium length hair, that's bright red, like fire. She also has glasses, and is energetic.

All of our minds go to very evil places if we see someone messing with one of the others. I think that they are actually concerned for me, with my Black List of authors that killed off my favorite characters. We are incredibly sarcastic to each other and are very much dark. We're a fun group that way! (Note the sarcasm.)

Hailey had a twin sister, named Holly. She didn't come with us, because she wasn't given an invitation. We also got scholarships with our invitation, and their family couldn't send two people on one scholarship for one person's .

We all were also adopted. We didn't know anyone but each other before we were adopted, then we found out we were being adopted at the same time, but into different families. We didn't even know where we were going! No contact. Never to see each other again. But then we showed up at school a month later. And saw each other. And we ran. We ran to each other. We ignored every stare that came our way. Our family was reunited, and nothing would ever separate us again.

Ever.

We all moved to New York City and into an apartment together so we could attend the same school, called Goode. We were all mysteriously invited to this school and went to live in the same apartment complex as Kristiana's aunt. It was a nice, rather expensive, apartment. It would be our junior year. Three sixteen year old girls. And we were just across from her Aunt Janine.

    It was a big apartment but we all bunked together in the largest room, which originally had only two beds. We decided to stay together because, in a new place, we felt safer together. We moved one more bed into it so we could stay together comfortably.

Sometimes we would play Truth or Dare or a game and the loser had to sleep on the floor. But sometimes it was a Dare to be with me because I sometimes kicked and/or punched in my sleep. The first friend that we made was a trio that already knew each other. Their names were Grover Underwood, Annabeth Chase, and Percy Jackson.

Grover walked kinda funny because of a muscular disease in his legs, like every step kinda hurt. He had curly brown hair and brown eyes, and always looked nervous. I've seen people bully him. Then me, Percy, and Annabeth nearly skinned them alive. No one messed with Grover after that.

Annabeth has blonde, curly hair, like a princess's, and grey, stormy eyes that look like she's analyzing exactly how to take you down it a fight. I'm the only one she ever seems stumped by for some reason. She also has a grey streak in her hair, and an ever so slightly tired look on her face. I don't think anyone has ever noticed but me, Percy, and Grover, because she seemed shocked when I asked if she was okay on the first day of school.

She's incredibly smart and is in honor classes with me. She's also the only friend of mine that loves reading as much as I do. One time we stayed up all night talking, rereading the books, and reading and writing fanfics in an empty bedroom, screaming "THE FEELS!!!" Kristiana not thrilled by us, but it's not our fault that the sound-proof walls weren't working! Hailey just walks in, throws her pillow at us, and leaves. Except when we're talking about Harry Potter. Then she's just as loud as us, if not, louder.

Percy has messy black hair that reminds me of Harry Potter. He also has green eyes, but not Avada Kedavra green (bright green), but more like the ocean. They kinda look muddy though whenever we're near one of the two rivers that surround Manhattan Island. He's really tan and muscular, but I don't know how people are interested.

    He's obviously dating Annabeth! (But they won't admit it) He also has that grey streak in his hair and tired look, the same as Annabeth. It seems like no one ever notices it on either of them, because they were both surprised by the fact that I actually payed attention to them and asked if they were okay.

The only thing that they all have in common is the massive amount of scars. And no one ever says anything! What happened to them? I noticed it on the first day, and pulled them all aside soon after meeting them to ask if they were okay. The fact that I even saw the scars was surprising to them, and then they were shocked again that I even remembered or cared! What happened to these people? Why do they think that no one notices or cares about their scars? Clearly they'd hurt!

We became close after I asked. No one else really liked them, but I say being weird is something to be proud of. They also think it's funny how I insult in Latin. Percy laughed so loudly when they first heard me say an insult, but I hadn't told them that was a thing I did yet. Then he whispered in my ear exactly what I'd said in English! Finally! Someone who understands my insults! Not that I want the recipient to understand, of course. He promised not to tell anyone. "Good." (Mr. Bruner a.k.a. Chiron taught him Latin at Yancy)

We had a break for a holiday that I don't remember. It was such a hectic day, week. Month, really. Heck, I can't even tell you the date. We had Friday of that week off, and Monday of the next, as well as a half day that Thursday.

On that half day of school, we bolted out the door. Don't get me wrong, I love school! Me and Annabeth! But I couldn't wait to flee the imbeciles that are my classmates. We went to our apartment to dump our bags and get changed, Percy, Annabeth and Grover not included in that category.

I turned the keys to our apartment, my five friends following behind. Kristiana, Hailey and I, quite literally, threw our backpack into a closet and slammed the door. Annabeth, Grover and Percy dropped theirs just outside the door, so they could grab them when we came back and they left for the Jackson-Blofis apartment.

    "You know," I said as we walked to my mini library, a small bedroom that I filled with shelving, a couple comfy chairs, and books. Many, many books. There was a cushioned ledge near the wide window, that me and Annabeth have spent countless hours reading in together.

    I grabbed my pitch-black backpack and filled it with books, because I feel more comfortable with a book. (Read: Books) I stuffed it with Harry Potter books, doodling notebooks, pens and pencils, PJO (OBVIOUSLY! Fangirl over here! HELLO!), Hunger Games, and classics, like my Greek Mythology book, The Odyssey, Robin Hood, Alice and Wonderland, The Wizard of Oz, and some Jules Verne books.

    My phone and earbuds were in there too, so I could listen to music. I love music! Mainly vintage stuff like AD/DC and Stevie Nicks, Tom Petty, the Beatles, Def Leopard, to name a few of course.

    I'm actually amazed that my bag can hold all of these books! I swear it's magic, so I call it my Mary Poppins's bag. But because of an old joke with my friends that reaches back to seventh grade, and the fact that it's held together by duck tape, we call it Mary Poppins with Duck Tape. I'm not kidding, that's its name.

    I go to the shared room after grabbing clothes from the closet in the hallway. I pull on something other than the my normal school clothes. While it's not a uniform, I only ever wear a pair of jeans and a bland shirt, as well as a baggy, oversized zip-up sweatshirt.

I used to wear more of the clothes I like, but the annoying people commenting on how I dressed like boy were getting annoying. Now, I normally would NEVER wear what others wanted me to, but I swear it was this or I kill somebody. Which do you prefer?

I pull on a Stevie Nicks concert shirt and some flared high rise jeans. I pull on my black boots and a purple sweatshirt, which I painted in gold on the back "SPQR" and surrounded it with gold laurels. Dam right I'm a Percy Jackson fan. I just love to read Heroes of Olympus and Percy Jackson and the Olympians, and just leave reality for awhile.

I hurry out into the living room, where Annabeth, Percy and Grover were sitting on the couch. They seemed to be arguing about something. I knocked on the wall to respectfully announce my presence, before speaking.

"If you're going to start trash talking someone, make sure it's Zeus or Umbridge. No one likes either of them." They stared at me for some reason with gigantic eyes. "What? I can't know about Greek Mythology? I mean, I don't like Mr. High-and-Mighty Thunderpants, Zeus. He cheated on his wife too much in my opinion.

"I mean, if someone was a demigod in Ancient Greece and they didn't know who their godly father was, probably Zeus. And he mistreats demigods! I mean, come on! He would throw someone that's saved his godly ass MANY TIMES, just because he realized that they are powerful. He's a jerk!"

They looked at me again. "I read lots of Greek mythology. Cut me some slack. It's hard to break a habit that you've had since you were in third grade." This time they seemed to calm down slightly at my words.

Kristiana and Hailey came back into the room, both had also changed out of their school clothes. They wore different clothes for the same reasons as me. We went downstairs and stepped outside. "Let's get to the park then. It's, what a five minute walk from here?" Percy nodded to my question. Once we got there and had entered the park, I turned to Kristiana.

"Shall we?" I held out my arm and Kristiana linked her's through it. "Oh no..." Hailey said while facepalming. "Why? What is it?" Grover asked. "It's this joke they've had since middle school. They link arms and start to si-"

"We're off to see the Wizard! The Wonderful Wizard of Oz!" Me and Kristiana started to skip through the park together and sing the entire song. We actually stopped at one point, started from the very beginning of the song, and did the dance from the movie.

We left Hailey and the others behind, Hailey still with her face in her hand. Percy and Grover were nearly on the ground, dying from laughter, while Annabeth smirked as she fought the urge to laugh at our performance.

Grover, Annabeth, and Percy then followed our lead, skipping behind us. Annabeth actually led them, surprisingly. She was always the most serious of the three. Hailey just groaned, but then she laughed at us and started running after us.

    After a while, we stopped and began to walk and joke with each other. "You know," I began. "It's ironic. You guys look, act, and even have the same names as characters in my books." "Really?" Annabeth asked. A barely suppressed fear was on her face. Same with Percy and Grover.

"Yeah, it's kinda funny. But you know what? I'm probably just imagining it." "Yeah, maybe." Annabeth said. "It's probably because Annabeth stays at your apartment half the time because you guys read until 3:00 AM!" Percy cut in. We all laughed, but for Annabeth, Percy and Grover, and myself I guess, it was kind of nervous. Our conversations went back to normal.

Percy and Annabeth were practically glued to each other, like always. Me and Grover were snickering at them. Hailey and Kristiana were in the phone, sharing a pair of earbuds. (I don't want to hear anything about how that gross, we clean them often and we've done this for years. Get over it)

    They were talking in the phone with Holly, Hailey's sister, in a mild argument. Holly loved to argue. She didn't have to have a reason or be annoyed or anything like that. She just liked to argue. While we were friends, she got on my nerves sometimes.

    While they argued with Holly, I talked about Percy and Annabeth with Grover. "I ship them!" I whispered in Grover's ear, talking about Annabeth and Percy.

They're dating (well, if you ask them, no, but it's SO OBVIOUS that they like each other!) and they are really close to each other and protective of each other. I almost screamed at them "Just kiss already!" when something made a ravenous sound.

I turned to see a gigantic monster, with a gigantic body and a snake tail, and sharp, lethal-looking teeth. It looks somewhat like a lion, and I could tell it was dangerous.

But I also knew what it was.

The Chimera.

And that was fucking terrifying.

————————————————————————-

Okay please tell me how this is!

Also, because you've been making my day with every update, comment, or anything else thank you Jenny6445 !

Seriously, she has the best dark Percy fic I've ever read!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

563K 10K 46
Percy goes to live with the Avengers. The Avengers then realize something strange about the boy. There is an emptiness in his eyes and the way he and...
1.8K 43 17
Annabeth was singing a cover in Campus Studios as a boy with black hair and sea-green eyes crashed the door and said "Are you singing 'You broke me f...
6.2K 70 11
The original title was "Percabeth Neighbors" but I changed it :D Annabeth Chase has always been abused. Her father more or less ignores it, or preten...
88.5K 3.4K 19
[2] Diverging Paths: Perseus Jackson, also known as Percy, left his first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry feeling happy and confid...