The Illusion Of Us

Galing kay KLastella

In "The Illusion of Us," Ava and Ethan are the embodiment of a perfect love story. Celebrating six years of s... Higit pa

A Note to Readers
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
...Let Me Know...
It's Done!
(TWIST) CHAPTER ONE
(TWIST) CHAPTER TWO
(TWIST) CHAPTER THREE
(TWIST) CHAPTER FOUR
(TWIST) CHAPTER FIVE
(TWIST) CHAPTER SIX
(TWIST) CHAPTER SEVEN
(TWIST) CHAPTER EIGHT
(TWIST) CHAPTER NINE
(TWIST) CHAPTER TEN
(TWIST) CHAPTER ELEVEN
(TWIST) CHAPTER TWELVE
(TWIST) CHAPTER THIRTEEN

CHAPTER 3

14.3K 240 7
Galing kay KLastella

In the chic and elegant bridal boutique, Ava stepped into the spacious dressing room to try on her dream wedding gown. Meanwhile, Ethan, already dressed in his tuxedo, waited with bated breath.

The moment the dressing room curtain swept open, Ethan's eyes widened in awe. He stood there, impeccably dressed in a sharp black tuxedo. The jacket, with its sleek black lapel, hugged his frame perfectly, complementing his strong, lean physique. The crisp white shirt, black bow tie, and polished shoes added to his debonair appearance, making him the very picture of sophistication.

But it was Ava who stole the moment. She emerged, looking ethereal in a breathtaking fit-and-flare gown. The dress was a masterpiece of romantic and sexy lace, hugging her curves before flaring out into a voluminous skirt that cascaded beautifully to the floor. The intricate lacework was exquisitely detailed, interwoven with delicate beadwork that shimmered under the boutique's soft lighting.

Her hair was styled in a graceful updo, strands artfully framing her face, lending an air of elegance and sophistication. In her hands, she held a bouquet of white peonies and roses, a perfect complement to her stunning ensemble.

Ethan was speechless, his heart swelling with emotion at the sight of her. "B...Babe, you look... magnificent," he finally managed to say, his voice thick with emotion. The look in his eyes was one of pure adoration and love.

Ava's cheeks flushed with happiness, her eyes reflecting the love she felt. She twirled gently, the gown moving with her in a graceful dance, a vision of bridal beauty.

Slowly, Ethan leaned in, and their lips met in a tender, loving kiss. It was a moment that perfectly captured the essence of their journey – a symbol of their love and commitment.

Around them, the boutique staff watched, their faces lit up with smiles. A few couldn't help but let out soft giggles, charmed by the couple's display of affection. It was moments like these that brought a touch of real-life romance to their day-to-day work.

As Ethan and Ava broke the kiss, they looked around, slightly embarrassed but mostly filled with joy. They laughed, their hearts light, embracing not just each other but the entire experience.

"Looks like we're giving everyone here a bit of a show," Ethan joked, his eyes sparkling with happiness.

Ava, still in his arms and radiant in her gown, replied playfully, "Well, we are practicing for the big day, after all."

"I can't believe how lucky I am," he whispered, gazing into her eyes. "You are the most beautiful bride."

Ava, her eyes glistening with unshed tears of joy, replied softly, "And you are the most handsome groom. I can't wait to walk down the aisle to you."

In the bridal boutique, surrounded by mirrors and soft lights, Ethan and Ava shared a moment of profound connection, a beautiful prelude to their upcoming vows. The love they shared was palpable, filling the room with warmth and promise of a beautiful future together.

The excitement was just as intense as Ethan and Ava approached the luxurious Ritz-Carlton Bal Harbour in Miami, a stark contrast to the Hamptons but no less beautiful. Their friends were already gathered there, waiting to ring in the New Year with style and sea views that stretched endlessly.

As they pulled up, Amy, along with the rest of the gang, rushed towards them, their faces beaming with joy. "Finally, you're here!" Amy exclaimed, enveloping Ava in a warm hug.

"What took you so long?" she asked, her eyes twinkling with curiosity.

Ava laughed and playfully glanced at Ethan. "Ask him," she said, her laughter mixing with the salty sea breeze.

Ethan, with a sheepish grin, confessed, "I forgot where I put my car key, so we spent half the day looking for it." He ran a hand through his hair, adding, "Turns out, I left it inside the car."

The group erupted into laughter at his admission. "Someone is getting old," Tony teased, nudging Ethan playfully.

Ethan responded with a laugh and a light punch to Tony's belly. "Just a bit preoccupied," he said, his eyes meeting Ava's with a hint of something more behind them.

Ava had sensed Ethan's preoccupation lately. Whenever she asked, he'd dismiss it as 'nothing,' but she could tell his job at the hospital was weighing on him. This retreat at the Ritz-Carlton Bal Harbour was their much-needed escape, a chance for Ethan to relax.

As Ava and Amy walked back to the hotel, catching up on lost time, Ava looked over her shoulder at Ethan, who was managing their luggage. When their eyes met, she silently mouthed 'I love you,' and his smile back at her, along with the silent return of her words, was all the confirmation she needed of their unwavering connection.

This getaway in Miami was more than a festive gathering; it was a moment for Ethan and Ava to unwind, revel in the anticipation of their upcoming nuptials, and enjoy the warmth of their closest friends.

While Ethan retreated to their suite to recuperate from his demanding shifts and the journey, Ava joined the others for a day by the private beach. The guys took charge of the grill, while the ladies indulged in the sun's embrace, engaging in easy chatter.

"You seem really happy," Jasmine observed, glancing in Ava's direction, who was basking in the warm sunlight with a contented smile.

Amy, sipping her lemonade, looked over at Ava and chuckled. "Ava's always been the happy type, Jaz. She's like the only person who seems like she doesn't have a care in the world."

"Especially since she started dating Ethan. That smile has never left her face," Sofia added. She then turned to Ava, a curious look in her eyes. "Have you and Ethan ever had a fight? You two seem so perfect together."

Ava removed her sunglasses and grinned at her friends. "Well, Ethan just makes me incredibly happy. I can't explain it, but being with him makes everything seem brighter and lighter."

Sofia playfully nudged Ava. "Seriously, have you two ever had a disagreement? Like, over what flavor of cake to choose for the wedding?"

Ava laughed. "Well, there was this one time we debated over chocolate or vanilla. But we ended up choosing both, so no real fight there."

Fred, joining in from his spot on a nearby towel, called out, "That's the thing with you two. Even your disagreements are adorable."

Stef, reclining on her sun lounger, chimed in, "Remember when Ava and Ethan teamed up for game night last summer? They were like a mind-reading duo. Unbeatable!"

Amy, sipping her drink, added, "Yeah, and have you noticed how Ava's always humming or singing around Ethan? It's like she's got this permanent joy vibe going on."

Ava blushed slightly but nodded. "Ethan just has this way of making everything feel easy and joyful."

Jasmine, flipping through a magazine, looked up and said, "It's rare, you know, to see a couple so in sync with each other. You guys give us all relationship goals."

Markie, who had been quietly listening, spoke up, "I'll never forget when Ethan planned that surprise birthday party for Ava. The effort he put in to make her day special was something else."

Carlson, walking over from the grill, added with a smirk, "Yeah, but remember, no relationship is perfect. Like Amy and me – we argue over what show to binge-watch next."

Amy rolled her eyes playfully. "That's because your choices are terrible, hon."

The group erupted into laughter as their conversation continued, each friend sharing anecdotes and jokes about their relationships. The underlying theme was always the same – how Ava and Ethan seemed to be the perfect couple, always happy and in tune with each other.

As the sun began to set, casting a golden glow over the beach, the friends gathered closer, their bond strengthened by the shared laughter and stories. It was clear that for Ava and Ethan, their love was not just an inspiration to their friends, but a cherished, integral part of their own lives.

Ethan approached the group, a look of relaxed contentment on his face, and settled onto the chaise next to Ava. The laughter and chatter briefly paused as they all greeted him.

"Hey everyone, what are you all talking about?" he asked, stretching his legs comfortably.

Tony, sitting across from them with a beer in hand, replied, "We were just reminiscing about our college days, dude. Remembering how immature we were back then."

Ava turned to Ethan, her smile bright and affectionate. "Hi babe, did you have a good sleep?"

He nodded, his eyes reflecting a deep sense of relaxation. "Yeah, I haven't slept this well in ages," he said, his voice light. His hands found Ava's shoulders, gently massaging them in a loving gesture.

Seizing the moment, Ava stood up and tugged at Ethan's hands. "Come on, let's go for a swim. You'll feel even better," she urged him, her tone playful.

Ethan allowed himself to be led, laughing as Ava playfully splashed water towards him. Soon, they were both in the water, Ethan chasing after Ava as she swam ahead, their laughter mingling with the sounds of the waves.

Their friends watched the couple with smiles, enjoying the sight of their playful, carefree love. Amy leaned over to Jasmine, "Look at them, always so full of life and love."

Jasmine nodded, her eyes on the couple. "They really are perfect together, aren't they?"

As Ethan finally caught up to Ava in the shallow surf, he swept her into his arms, spinning her around as the sunset draped the beach in a warm, golden light. The waves gently lapped at their feet, and the sound of the water mingling with their laughter created a perfect symphony of joy.

Ava's legs kicked playfully as she clung to Ethan, her hair whipped around by the sea breeze, a carefree smile lighting up her face. Ethan, strong and secure, held her effortlessly, the soft silhouette of their embrace against the fiery backdrop of the setting sun was like a scene from a beautiful dream.

Their friends watched from a distance, their figures mere shadows against the radiant sky, sharing knowing looks and smiles. This was more than just a playful chase in the water; it was a reflection of Ethan and Ava's love – vibrant, full of life, and beautiful in its sincerity.

As they stood in the water, Ethan gently set Ava back on her feet, but they remained close, wrapped in each other's arms. The sun dipped lower, the sky now streaked with colors of amber and purple, the ocean sparkling with the reflection of the day's last light. In this tranquil world, with the soft sand beneath them and the vast sky above, Ethan and Ava shared a tender, loving kiss, sealing their perfect day by the sea.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

12.1K 541 62
Can scars of the past ever be erased? Even when the times have passed and the place is gone, can you ever forget what had happened? *** Coming from a...
15K 1.1K 47
Ava Black.The girl with the golden heart.She cannot see anyone unhappy.She is one of the sweetest soul's alive. And she has her heart set on someone...
605 183 13
(#Book1 of the Whisper Series) In the world of young hearts who doesn't want to meet their soulmates? Who doesn't want to fall in love? But when dest...
1.2K 204 36
"Why have you been ignoring me?" I yelled at him. He flinched. "What? Am I not needed anymore? Do you still care?" I continued, my eyes filling with...