Trolls Band Together (OC Inse...

By Val_the_Wolf

Val and Poppy discover that Branch has more family out in the world and was once part of the famous boy band... More

OC Information
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
A/N
Christmas Special (1/3)
Christmas Special (2/3)
Christmas Special (3/3)

Chapter 8

2.6K 88 11
By Val_the_Wolf

(Val's POV)

As Bruce's family cheers for him, Branch, Poppy, and I stand with them.

"Branch, get up there. Go sing with your brothers," Poppy encourages.

"I'll do it to save Floyd when I have to. But I'm not doing it right now just for 'funsies,'" Branch says, crossing his arms.

"Oh, yeah. Okay. You're probably right," Poppy says in an understanding manner. But deep down, I already know what she's planning.

"No, no, no. You're the one who--Wait. What did you say?" Branch asks.

Poppy glances over to Branch. "You're afraid that singing with your brothers again after all these years will overwhelm you with emotions too powerful for you to handle. I agree with you. I don't think you can handle it, so I think you shouldn't do it."

"I think I can handle singing a song," Branch says matter-of-factly.

"Prove it," Poppy chants. Because of that, me and the other kids chant with her as well.

Branch sighs. "All right. Fine. But this is more than likely beneath me."

As Branch walks over to the stage, I follow him and Poppy plays music from the boombox. A song from BroZone plays and John Dory and Bruce get ready to sing.

Bruce:

My girls like candy, a candy treat

She knocks me right up off my feet.

John Dory:

She's so fine, as can be

It's like a perfect harmony.

The two brothers fist-bump before dancing in unison.

John Dory, Bruce:

Candy girl

You are my world

You look so sweet

Come back to me.

As the crowd starts to cheer, Poppy, Branch, and I stand right next to the stage to get a better view of the performance. Poppy is really hyped up while Branch just stares with a blank expression.

John Dory, Bruce:

All I know

When I'm with her.

John Dory and Bruce point in Branch's direction and pull him onto the stage with them. The three of them continue to dance in unison.

John Dory, Bruce:

You got the right stuff, baby

Love the way you turn me on.

Poppy and I dance to ourselves as well as singing in the background.

John Dory, Bruce:

You got the right stuff, baby

You're the reason why I sing this song.

Branch finally got into the music and stood at the center of the stage.

Branch:

You're all I ever wanted.

Branch, John Dory, Bruce:

You're all I ever needed, yeah

So tell me what to do now

When I want you back.

Doom, doom, doom, da-dab

Hey, yeah-yeah-yeah-yeah, dab

Da-dab

Branch looks in our direction and extends his hand out to Poppy. At the same time, he also motions for me to join in as well.

I happily jump onto the stage with Poppy and we start dancing with them.

Branch, John Dory, Bruce:

BroZone's back, all right!

Branch, Poppy, Val, John Dory, Bruce:

Whether you're a mother or whether you're a brother

You're stayin' alive, stayin' alive

Feel the city breakin' and everybody's shakin'

People stayin' alive, stayin' alive.

Ah, ah, ah, ah

Stayin' alive, stayin' alive.

Doom, doom, doom, da-dab

I want you back.

I end with a dance pose, where my right arm is extended out, my left hand is holding onto my jacket, and my flower is held in my mouth.

The islanders cheer and clap for us.

Bruce and John Dory side hug as they walk off the stage.

"I can't believe I remembered every word and every step," Branch says happily.

"Looks like your band days aren't behind you," Poppy says with a flirtatious purr.

I jump off the stage and look at the two. "I'm gonna go find Rhonda, guys."

"Okay, Val," Poppy says as she waves at me.

I leave the restaurant and walk down to the sand. The water is a lot calmer now, and there's not that many waves crashing onto the shore.

"Rhonda! Where are you, Rhonda?!" I call out while looking around

Fast footsteps get louder and louder by the second until I see Rhonda running over in my direction from a distance. She roars happily and stops right in front of me.

"Hey, Rhonda," I say as I pat her face.

She roars softly again before licking my face like when we first met. She then goes on to nuzzle her face against me with a purr.

I laugh to myself, making sure not to fall back. "We're going to head out in a bit. So you and I are going to wait out here for the others."

Rhonda roars before laying on her stomach, causing sand particles to fly around.

I dust off any sand and sit down next to her. Looking ahead, I see the sun already starting to set behind the horizon of the water.

My eyes widen in awe.

Since Pop Village is in the forest, we don't get a chance to see sunsets like this. The tall trees always block out most of the sky.

The sun slowly descends and the sky fills with orange, pink, and blue colors.

I change my sitting position to where I have my knees resting against my chest. Curiously, I grab my flower from my hair and hold it up so I can see it with the beautiful sky.

In a calm state, I sigh before looking over at Rhonda. "Is love worth it?"

Rhonda roars softly with a smile. She gently nudges my side before resting her head on the sand again.

I chuckle before saying, "Yeah, I guess it is. I just have to wait. Love will find me...eventually."

I stay quiet for a few seconds. I know this is probably cliche, but I feel like singing to myself. And I have a song in mind. So in a calm voice, I start doing so.

(Heads up, this song is based off of Michael Buble's song "Haven't Met You Yet."  I only changed the lyrics up a bit to fit Val's situation.)

Val:

I might have to wait, I'll never give up

I guess it's half timing and the other half's luck

Wherever you are, whenever it's right

You'll come out of nowhere and into my life.

I stand up and look at Rhonda, who smiles as her tail wags.

Val:

I know that it will be so amazing

And I know that love is gonna change me

And now I can see every possibility.

I stare at the sunset happily, my flower still in my hand.

Val:

Somehow, I know that it'll all turn out

I'll have to work so I can work to work it out

Promise you, though,  I'll give just as much as I get

I just haven't met you yet.

I take a pause, and my eyes soften as I look down at my flower.

Val:

And someday, I know it'll all turn out

And I'll work to work it out

Promise you, though, I'll give just as much as I get

I just haven't met you yet

Oh, promise you, though, to give just as much as I get

I said, love, love, love, love, love, love, love

I just haven't met you yet

Now sitting down in my previous position next to Rhonda, I stare at the sky for a good minute or so. I then turn my head when I hear someone call out to me.

"Val! There you are!" Poppy shouts as she and everyone else approach. "You ready to go?"

I stand up with a smile and put my flower in my hair. "Yeah. I call driving!"

Rhonda stands to her feet and her door opens, letting us all enter. I sit in the driver's seat and we start to leave Vacay Island.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.3K 958 8
๐Ÿ™ โŸก in which an ex-assistant of brozone helps to find floyd . . แกฃ๐ญฉ ๐†๐€๐‹๐€๐—๐๐”๐๐’ - ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’ (HITAUS)!!!
174K 3K 28
Before Befriending Bergens, Saving The World, And Meeting Queen Poppy, Branch Was Part Of The Most Popular Boyband As A Baby, BroZone! With His Four...
54.4K 942 28
Ever written a love story about your favorite celebrity falling in love with you? Queen Poppy doesn't know it, but she did just that for reals. Durin...
2.3K 71 12
Melody, a pop & funk troll, who specialises in genre versatility, she loved to sing but lost her joy and passion for it due to the many losses in her...