The Alpha's Lost Mate [Comple...

By Kiki26496

With no memories from before her captor held her in a cellar, Gracie finds herself the first human to be mate... More

Copyright Notice
Chapter One: The cellar
Chapter Two: The Pack House
Chapter Three: The History Lesson
Chapter Four: The Unwanted Discovery
Chapter Five: The Training Room
Chapter Six: The Alpha Guards
Chapter Seven: The fights
Chapter Eight: The Pack Dinner
Chapter Nine: The Ashleigh Dalton Makeover
Chapter Ten: The Date
Chapter Eleven: The Season Opening
Chapter Twelve: The Rhosilli packhouse
Chapter Thirteen: The Convene
Chaptet Fourteen: The Mating Bond
Chapter Fifteen: The Donuts
Chapter Sixteen: The memories
Chapter Seventeen: The Lines
Chapter Eighteen: The Bonds
Chapter 19: The Party
Chapter Twenty One: The Point
Chapter Twenty Two - The Scottish Alpha
Chapter Twenty Three - The Knife
Chapter Twenty Four - The Battle
Chapter Twenty Five - The Hospital
Chapter Twenty Six - The Proposal
Chapter Twenty Seven - The End
The Epilogue

Chapter Twenty: The Confusion

4 1 0
By Kiki26496

** Jamie's POV **

That night was chaos. I'd never seen or felt anything like it. I barely stayed with Evan two minutes before I followed Gracie outside, but I was too late. They were gone. I found Derek on the ground outside the kitchen, choking on his own blood and left him with Conner to follow Gracie's tracks. Finn found me soon after on the beach, shifted and howling, completely out of control. We turned every stone on the island but they were long gone. My father refused to let me go straight to Cain's compound. Sable was going insane in my mind, so full of anger I thought it might tear me in two. But my dad was right; we'd be walking right into a trap.

Evan was... Unhinged. To have had his mate for mere minutes before she was ripped away from him was unspeakable. He couldn't shift back from his wolf form. He was practically foaming at the mouth, attacking anything and everything. He tore my office to shreds. He attacked me twice, Conner caught him before he even scratched me but he took a nasty bite to the shoulder. Dr Beckett had to come and sedate him, and room Conner with him to get treated.

So I found myself on the worst night of my life without my mate, my sister, either of my guards or my Beta. Just my dad, Osian and Finn stood staring at me in my office, shredded books scattered across the floor and not a single piece of furniture intact.

"Okay, son," my dad said after Dr Beckett and taken the others upstairs. "What are you going to do?"

I took a long, shaky deep breath and studied myself on the window sill, looking up to the moon as I let Sable share his strength with me. I straightened up, my mind rushed with sharpness as I let Sable guide me into into Alpha mode.

"I need the other Alpha's, get me Xavier, Beckett and the elders and have them meet us in my suite," I ordered, calmly picking my way over the rubble of my office. "Get everyone else back to the Great hall, nobody leaves that room until further notice, get beds set up, put every warrior on duty and set up round the clock shore patrols. We are on full lockdown until further notice, nobody steps foot on or off this island without my knowledge, and somebody find me Sarah right now."

All three bowed their heads as I stormed past them upstairs. I knew I had just a few moments before everyone met me there so I hurriedlu changed, ripping off my tight suit and swapping it out for sweat pants and my favourite hoodie. Gracie had been wearing it to train in for weeks and it smelled of her, the sea and bonfires. I breathed her in deeply, gathering all the strength I needed.

Osian got there with the Alpha's first. He, Alpha Charlie from Cotleigh, Alpha Zayn from London and Alpha Lorcan from Ballyronan were sat around my dining table, awaiting instructions while Ashleigh paced the length of the room.

"I didn't call for you," I said sharply.

She spun to face me, fury in her eyes.

"Yeah, well, you need a third in command right now, and I'm not going anywhere or doing anything that doesn't concern getting Gracie back unless your order me otherwise," she almost snarled, her hands on her hips. "Are you ordering me otherwise, Alpha?"

I sighed. "No."

She nodded and took a seat at the table next to Osian as my father came back with Xavier and Dr Beckett. They sat at the breakfast bar and Beckett cleared his throat awkwardly.

"Beta Evan is... Resting, and Conner will heal from his injuries, I expect him to make a full recovery," he offered.

"Derek?" I asked, almost not wanting the answer.

"It's not good," he muttered in response. "I should get back to him."

I nodded and dismissed him.

"My warriors are on their way," Osian said darkly. "The Rhosilli pack and the Three Cliffs Coven will fight for your Luna as we would our own."

"As will the Cotleigh pack," Charlie vowed.

"And the Ballyronan pack," Lorcan added darkly.

Everyone in the room held their breath as Zayn stood calmly. The Loughton pack were the reason the peace treaty and allegience had to be drawn all those years ago. They were notoriously against the packs being united, preferring to do things their way. He had fire in his eyes as be stared me down.

"The full force of the Loughton pack's army is yours," he said darkly, bowing his head.

"Alpha Noah is on his way down from Braemar with his warriors as we speak," Osian added.

"This will be the first time in our history that all six packs have stood together," I breathed, and my dad watched in, pride glinting in his eyes.

"Attacking one of our Luna's is to attack us all," Zayn snarled, his voice dripping with fury.

The Alpha's growled in response, our combined power and the strength we gave each other in our alliance bristled through the room. And that's when Finn walked in, Sarah cowering slightly behind him.

"Hey - sorry - I, uh, found Sarah, she -" he stammered, taken aback by the atmosphere in the room, and cut off when Osian rose from the table.

"Mine," he growled as Sarah stepped out from behind Finn, her face painted with surprise and apprehension.

I looked to the floor as he crossed the room to embrace her, my heart aching for Gracie so much it threatened to leap right out of my chest.

"But why are you up here and not with the others downstairs?" I finally heard him ask. He shook with anger as Sarah explained how Cain had taken her, pulling her into his arms and holding her tightly. "I'll kill him."

"Wait," Zayn said, looking around the room. "This can't be a coincidence."

"What do you mean?" I asked, still desperately trying to keep Sable under control as he yearned for our mate.

Zayn stood slowly from the table and came to join me, standing to address the room.

"Cain took Luna Gracie and Luna Sarah long before either of you knew they were your mates," be explained. "And he could have killed Meredith, or knocked her out and left her here. He only would have taken her if taking them both was his plan all along, your warriors found the two rags laced with chloroform, why would he have two if taking your Beta's mate wasn't the plan?"

"There's no way he could have known, they formed the connection literally minutes before it happened," my father said, confused.

"And there's no way he could have known about Sarah, or Gracie for that matter," Osian said darkly.

"Until just last week nobody thought it was possible for someone to see mate's bonds," Lorcan argued. "But Luna Gracie can, and Cain is part witch, after all."

"He's taking the mates of our high ranked wolves before we have the chance to find them," I breathed, a new wave of fury washing over me as the room settled into stunned silence once more.

"But, what about Jen?" Sarah whispered after a long pause.

"Gracie's friend?" I asked.

"Yeah, he took her too, remember? He took her from the cells a few days after he took me, I don't know what he did with her, I thought he might have killed her..." Sarah trailed off, looking around the room at the remaining Alphas without mates.

"Gracie is the first human in recorded history to be an Alpha's mate, and it turns out she's not really even human. It's almost impossible for another human, let alone one that Gracie knew long before all of this happened, to be one of our mates," I explained.

"Human?" Sarah asked. "Jen wasn't human, she was from the Cotleigh pack."

All eyes fell on Charlie, who looked as confused as the rest of us.

"What was her last name?" He asked.

"Stevenson, Jennifer Stevenson," Sarah told him.

"Long black hair, blue eyes, about 5"9, really sweet?" He asked.

"Yeah, that sounds like her."

Charlie pulled out his phone and scrolled through until he found a group photo of teachers from his pack. He zoomed in to the face of a pretty young woman with kind blue eyes. "Her?"

"Yeah, that's her!" Sarah exclaimed.

"You're sure?" Charlie asked, looking more confused than ever.

"We spent 48 hours locked in a cell fighting for our lives," she said sharply, and Osian growled, pulling her even closer. "I am 100% positive that's Jen."

"That's not possible, Jennifer Stevenson is in Cotleigh as we speak. She's a teacher, she was never taken," Charlie argued.

"Yes, she was," Sarah insisted. "She was there for two years."

"No, no, Jen was Gracie's friend before Cain took them, two and a half years ago. They were living in a youth hostel together, Jen helped her get her life back on track after foster care, helped her train," I mumbled, trying to piece everything together.

"Two and a half years ago?" Charlie asked, and I nodded. "Two and a half years ago Jen left the pack to work with Lorcan's outreach programme in South America. She got back a few months ago."

Lorcan recoiled in surprise. "No, she didn't."

"She sent us updates every week, are you accusing me of lying?" Charlie growled.

"Well are you accusing my mate?" Osian snarled in response.
Kk
"And me?" Lorcan snapped.

"Enough," Zayn's voice boomed across the room, authority pouring off him.

"Fighting like this is not going to help us find them," I added harshly, and Zayn nodded to me.

We stood shoulder to shoulder facing the room. The most unlikely in the wolf community.

"Sorry," Osian muttered, backing down first out of loyalty to me.

"I'm not accusing anyone of lying," Lorcan said firmly, his eyes softening slightly. "But no teachers from your pack worked on that programme, and it finished over a year ago."

Charlie shook his head, looking completely lost.

"How fast can you get Jen here?" I asked.

"I already mind linked my Beta, he's getting her to a helicopter now, he'll have her here within the hour," he said.

"Okay, well, uh, why don't I make us all a cup of tea? Calm everyone the Hell down while we wait?" Ashleigh offered meekly. Usually so sure if herself, so passionate, it was the first time I'd seen her unsteady in my whole life, and it made me nervous.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

902K 23K 30
Brooklynn Bradley, daughter of the alpha of the Crescent River pack. When people thought of the Crescent River pack, they thought of her. The wild, r...
473K 13.6K 56
Every pack needs its Alpha and Luna to feel complete, but what if one stubborn Alpha decides he doesn't need a Luna? He is determined never to go out...
15.5K 511 34
In a pack where rejection and blame reign supreme, Catherine stands tall against the relentless tide. When her parents fall victim to a rogue attack...
290K 11.3K 19
Beta Tyron has longed to find his mate, especially since his Alpha found his Luna. So, after all the chaos ended, he took some time to search for the...